Vol. 1 Ch. 1 – Take the world, Fur Elise.
517 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The cold winds howl as it crawls inside the battered church, bullet holes, ceiling holes, and dead bodies filled with holes...

A young man in dark military garb, blonde hair, and blue eyes shadowed by his officer's cap... casually steps towards the pulpit. A black piano gleamed by a ray of light from a cracked ceiling sits in the middle of the pulpit waiting for a musician to play a song. Dust and dirt covered it's white and black keys, the young man wiped it off clean...

he takes off his glove and twiddled his fingers carefully placing them on the piano alternating on it's white and black keys.

Tah-dun..Tah-dun..Tah-dun..Tah-di-duh-dun.....

A drum-roll of engines crescendo-ed from the door, the tippity taps leading to a fortissimo- 

BASH!!!

The doors flew wide open, and two rows of soldiers enter the scene... marching each row towards the piano holding their rifles and aiming at...

"Me." The conspicuous pianist playing under the rays, pushing my fingers on the piano playing lower, ignoring the unexpected audience.

Tah-dun.dah-dun.dah-dun.dah!-dan-dun...

The music continues as the soldiers emptied the space allowing a man, an army officer of the United Republic of Franks to enter.

"Vernier Von Heidler! commander and soldier of the enemy Ignisis army, I have restricted orders of your capture therefore I request that you comply and you will not be hurt."

The music stops.

The soldiers gripped their rifles hard as the room soon gripped their fear.

I turned to my adversaries, the soldiers frozen and afraid except for the man who spoke to me.

"Your reputation precedes you, Heidler! the infamous son of the Monster of Ignisis." 

Sarcasm and mockery common yet deplorable... I gave him a cold sharp smile and took off my cap...

Long blonde hair falls down over my shoulders in contrast to my sharp face and eyes.

I opened my mouth to speak in my defense...

"I apologize for my intrusion to your country but my father wishes for your unconditioned surrender for his plan of world domination."

"Ha? world domination! your country may have reunited once again, but what do your people have? All of your people lack the aptitude of magic and all of you are poor as dirt what could you guys possibly have that the world doesn't"

I grimaced at his insults and responded in return.

"First they don't have my father and second."

"Second what?"

I raised my left hand looking towards the broken stained glass by the entrance...

the face of a saint shattered by war...

"Second.. they don't have me."

"You're just an infamous soldier, there are thousands like you!" he retorted.

"Oh, but they don't have the last thing."

"Huh?"

"You don't have Elise..."

and I snapped the fingers of my left hand.

Once again the song fur Elise played in the background but this time it was sung by a voice of unknown source.

"tah-duh-duuuunnnnnnnn..."

The ground rumbled, tiny pebbles on the floor rattled.

"What's happening?" the young officer beginning to be afraid.

"It's the finale..."

The rumbling stopped and the sounds of turning could be heard.

BOOM! BOOM!

The walls of the church were blasted away by shells of two surrounding tanks.

men near those walls were blown away into smithereens instantly killing them, while the soldiers hold their heads as the loud ringing covered their ears.

A sub-machine gun blasted from the ceiling holes taking out the ones not affected by the blast.

heads splattered, others filled with holes of their own dying and amidst the chaos.

The long blonde haired man called Vernier comes closer to the young pompous officer.

Regaining his senses he runs away from me.

Stepping outside from whence he came.

Only to see in horror.

A uniformed woman pale as snow with a smile as cynical as she is crazy followed by a soldier in a gas mask...

The man fell on his butt, afraid for his life, tries again to flee but fails miserably.

Tripping over measly rocks, he turned back to see destruction beyond what magic could conceive... In his eyes the last thing he sees a multitude of dark figures swarming like the darkness...

And Vernier stands in-front of him.

"Please have mercy!!!" he begged.

I held on to a rifle behind me...

"Why are you doing this?" he asked frantically.

I gave a moment of silence... and finally said.

"For Elise."

 

12