Vol.1 Ch. 2 – Recital of the damned.
203 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I take the first step to go up the stage, bright light and the performance was set, the first emotion, that grips my mind is...

Fear. The look, reaction and response to every movement I made, every step made me feel as if I was  carrying the heavy towering weight of the looming monster I call fear.

But as I sit on the seat before the piano, all that fear disappears and I remember how my mother would play me melodies to put my heart at ease.

"Mother..."

What has the world become?


The moon was shining brightly.

"It's a full moon today." a sweet solemn voice said beside me. 

"It is indeed Engel."

"Hey! Leader! are we there yet? what do you think Schwer?"

The sounds of revving airplane engines, wind peering through the windows making a ghostly sound.

Two rows of highly trained Fallschirmjägers, black coated soldiers fitted with a black gas mask and carrying their FG 42 Submachine Guns.

4 soldiers stand out amongst the rest of them. 

To combat Realizers the invincible magicians of the known world, My father formed special units and chose carefully selected soldiers from the army. All with Pure Ignisian Blood, The Elite in combat, the best of the best. The Anti-Realizer unit of the Ignisian army.

We are Deathshead SS.

Sitting opposite to me is the Petite orange haired psychopath SS Officer, Gesche Gotfried (Codename: Lolita) and sitting beside her is the silent but hulking behemoth of a man Dummkopf Schild (Codename: Schwer.) who always wear the standard issue gas-mask given by the military.

"What is it leader?"Lolita asks noticing my gaze " I mean I don't mind you looking at me but it feels like your stripping me naked with those fierce eyes of yours! Don't you think so too Schwer?"

"Hmm..." Schwer replies.

*Radio cracks. "Hallo, this is your pilot speaking! And currently we're now in the airspace of our blighted enemy the Frankian Republic! ,thus departure will commence soon. "

...

In a moment the air in the plane turned heavier, the hour of retribution has come and we're standing right in front of it.

"Vernier... I mean Meister... aren't you afraid?" Engel said softly.

"Afraid... I do not know, I have experienced fighting before but this... this is different, I don't know what to feel."

Engel (Codename: Snow White) grasps tightly on her armament, her scoped Gewehr 98...

Looking to through window to my side, I see the many fortifications of the enemy and I reminiscence, the events leading up to this. 

Location: Verlina (Capital of Ignisis.)
Date: April 22, 1938
Time: 13:00

The entire continent of Eurofina was shaken.

28 Ignisian soldiers and 21 Frankian soldiers were killed in an abandoned church in a demilitarized zone that divides The Federation of Ignisis and his neighboring country, The Frankian Republic. Amongst the killed soldiers was a highly renowned magic Realizer, Lt. Stephan Bordeux.

Tensions rise especially today as every Ignisian man, woman and child gather's around a radio to listen the High father and great leader of the Ignisian Federation, Rudolph Heidler.

His speech was long and patriotic, but his last message was the one that shocked the world stage.

(Radio)"My people, a great tragedy is upon us, our very own protectors of the nation, powerless, magic-less beings slaughtered by the empowering might of the Frankian Republic, must we turn a blind eye to those who threaten the sovereignty of the nation!? I say NO! we will not standby and let another nation take us over just as what they did with our forefathers! Ignisian blood was spilt."

Britannian and Frankian commentators believe that Heidler's words were just ramblings of a madman, surely they say, "Ignisis wouldn't wage another war just as they're already trying to recover from their last one, this is just hush talk to keep the population happy."

But unknown to them... this paves the way for the grand show on the world stage.


*PING

The green light bulb bursts into light and soldier opens the door by the side of the plane.

Everyone wears their gas masks and leaves their seat.

Their feet heavy from the equipment suited for killing magicians.

Their hearts beating faster than they can breathe or blink.

Under the warm receding glow of the moon's light, the sky rains with Ignisian men, armed to the teeth and ready to fight.

And at it's helm is the leader of the team, The blessed son of Ignisis, the infamous...

Is I, Vernier Von Heidler (Codename: Meister.)

"And The Recital of the Damned plays their first piece."

"Let them hear what fear is."


Operation: Moonlight Sonata

Status: (Initiated)

 

3