Vol.1 Ch. 5 – The Behemoth of Ignisis.
172 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Lolita goes on in a joyous killing spree, creating the perfect distraction for the entire Fortress, leads the entire group into a secluded area outside of the fortress.

The Fallschirmjagers quickly dispatched their equipment for climbing walls, grappling hooks were launched to the top with guns, soon the 3 remaining Deaths Head officers Meister, Snow White, and Schwer are in the compound while the rest of the soldiers were stationed on the other side of the wall to secure an escape route.

On the other side, "Schwer follow me, Snow you stay and secure the perimeter and give support when we finish our objective, if we're gone for more than 15 minutes it means that we failed, you escape if that is the case also Bring Lolita with you."

Snow was confused for a second, but nonetheless, the two other officers nod to their leader's request and quickly set out to follow their orders.

Snow, placed her sniper on her back and climbed a tree by the wall while Schwer followed Meister as they secretly enter the Frankian fortress.

The Building was more of a bunker than a fortress and in situations like this where chaos is up and going about a door was open for them to enter in. Me and Schwer hid beside a crevice hidden by the cover of the building's shadow, as a Frankian soldier ran passed by and giving them the opportunity to enter their objective.

A door was open and both of them rushed into the bright corridors of the Fortress, carefully traversing the area and not alerting any soldiers they made their way into the deeper levels of the bunker.

Their trekk inside was mostly calm, no soldiers were met head-on and they were already near the site of their objective, The Commander's office.

But just beyond another sharp right turn in the office, I quickly stopped in my tracks.

"Hmm?" Schwer responds.

"Shh..." I hushed.

In the corridor, voices were heard.

"The Base has been infiltrated! Scour the area and look for those intruders and kill them!" 

I peeked at the corner and I see two rows of soldiers taking orders from what seems to be the commander, I wasn't able to get a good look on his face but that doesn't matter now, the problem we have now is those soldiers. 

Facing them in this tight corridor will be troublesome but.

At a glance, I saw that there was another set of stairs going up, so there are two pathways going connected to this level, one was the one behind us and the other one is just by the corridor near us.

Which one of these stairs would these soldiers take? one or the other. 

I pushed Schwer back and grabbed a handgun inside my jacket.

Schwer Grabbed his Machine gun behind his back and steadied his gun to his waist just waiting for Meister's order to fire.

Dozens of footsteps could be heard running

The leader of the Deathshead quickly pointed his gun at the head level to prepare for a fight.

The steps got closer and closer, the situation was incredibly dangerous, until it became inevitably close yet I didn't pull the trigger nor look at the corridor, or else our cover will be blown.

But a few minutes passed and the steps grew quieter and quieter until the stomping noises were gone.

I stood steady breathing a small sigh of relief, also Schwer lowers his gun.

"No unnecessary bloodshed."

The halls became quiet once again and just as he thought that they could slip past.

*BANG!!!

A shot was fired behind them, and the bullet struck Schwer in the back.

An unexpected Frankian soldier fired his rifle directly from the stairs where the Two officers descended from.

But as the bullet hits, the metal only flattened from the impact and it falls from the Behemoth's back,

"Shit. I miscalculated, Schwer take care of this guy and kill the rest who might come, those shots have already alerted the entire bunker." I left him behind and continue onwards.

"Hmm." the 5'9 monster nods and he looks back at the soldier who shot him, his black mask only made him look menacing, lifeless yet alive a living Frankenstein's monster was intimidatingly approaching the hopeless Frankian soldier.

As he walks every step he took, the lights in the halls flicker, putting his Machine gun on his back, the sight of dread surrounds him as he closes into the Frankian soldier.

"Hwaah? h-how could he- FUCK!"

The Frankian shot his rifle again, and again. pulling the bolt and shooting once more.

"JUST DIE ALREADY!"

He fires again, his breath increasingly desperate but the bullets did not affect him, the muzzle flashes only glistens his mask as the bullets drop from his chest.

The Frankian then charges at Schwer with the blade on his rifle, aiming for his heart.

But Schwer easily grabs the gun by the nozzle, stopping the soldier from his tracks.

The soldier could only look up, his eyes widen, he shoots again.

But the flash of powder gave him a glimpse of what's under the mask.

through the glass hides the eyes of a young man, a young man burdened to be who he is, his eyes were dead and showed no mercy.

Schwer bends the rifle in half and takes it away by force he then grabs the helpless soldier by the arms.

The soldier resists but powerless from the grab.

Schwer then launches him to the ceiling face first.

*Splat!

the blood splattered on his mask, as the body fell from the ceiling, his head no more.

More steps were heard coming from the stairs on the other side.

Schwer grabs on to his Machine gun from his back and he slowly walks towards the stairs, the lights flickering in every step.

He aims his gun to the stairs and as the soldiers steps on his line of sight.

A hailstorm of machine-gun fire welcomed them.

And behind that machine gun.

Is the Invincible Behemoth of Ignisis, flashes gleams through his mask after every bullet.

The men were butchered like cattle as the rain of bullets streamed through their fleshy bodies.

Schwer looks at them through his mask and a deep groaning voice escaped from his mask "Hmm..."

.

.

.

I reached the doors of the Commander's office, slowly opening them.

"Didn't I tell you to defend the base!? the man inside shouted at me mistaking me for someone else.

The commander looked at me without hesitation despite scurrying off important documents into a case.

His eyes widen.

But as do mine.

Because the commander in the office wasn't our target.

No, it was worse, the man was a dangerous level 3 realizer of the Frankian army.

He opens his palms as a fire lights around his fingers while I grabbed my Luger we looked at each other in cold-blooded eyes.

Then the door behind me closes in a resounding shut.

*SLAM!

5