Ostria’s Transformation (Part 1)
2.6k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While news of Klaus' ascension as the new Grand Master of the Blood Rose, and de facto overlord of Orloth, spread through the global communication networks, Kilian transformed Ostria. With 55,543 kp at his disposal, a new world of possibilities opened to him.

First, Kilian stepped into the Hellforge and browsed through the Miscellaneous Item List to check the cost of a specific blueprint:

---
[Lv. 2 Cloning Coffin: 3,200 kp]
---

From the Compendium of Technology, Kilian already learned the process of creating an artificial star. But without the resources, the knowledge had no use. First, he needed to create an appropriate space. Second, a Nebula Generator. Third, a Star Condenser.

The resources for a lab able to host a miniature nebula and an artificial star were dreadful enough, but in Arcadia, still remained within the scope of what money could buy. However, for the Nebula Generator and Star Condenser, only the Hellforge could provide the parts. Outside, Kilian wouldn't even know where to look.

But even after obtaining them, with Kilian alone, the production process would undoubtedly stretch across decades, perhaps even centuries. How was that viable? Beyond that, many creations would require his personal leadership and rob him of time he didn't possess.

The news of Klaus' success had already reached him. And now more than ever, Kilian realized that toppling the Duke of Kars was no mean feat. On the list of Arcadia's 97 Archons, Klaus now ranked first. How did he become so strong, so soon, Kilian didn't know. But undoubtedly, he wouldn't stop there. Time was of the essence. And with clones, Kilian could save a tremendous amount of time.

The Hellforge priced lv. 1 miscellaneous item blueprints in the hundreds of kp, lv. 2 items in the thousands, and lv. 3 in the tens of thousands. The Lv. 2 Cloning Coffin could help Kilian produce as many clones as his resources could afford. With Olroth's reserves, Kilian estimated that 200 clones would be no problem. Although they would possess no battle skill of their own - and were limited to 10 years of lifespan - they could channel Kilian to use his fleshcrafting and transmutation abilities.

The clones would become the foundation that turned Ostria into the capital of the monstrous world, and without hesitation, Kilian bought the blueprint, spending another 300 for the parts. Afterward, he exhausted 50,000 kp for the Nebula Generator and Star Condenser parts.

Following four days of relentless work, Kilian completed the Cloning Coffin and successfully produced 210 identical versions of himself. But since those were destined to become leading figures of Ostria's development, Kilian fleshcrafted their bodies and faces to give them all unique appearances.

The squadron then left the Hellforge, bringing alongside it the parts for the unprecedented project. Seeing 210 naked men appear out of thin air and surround Kilian's unconscious form, Jezebel's eyes narrowed in confusion.

"Did he already cross that border?" She wondered, thinking that perhaps her female charms no longer were enough to satisfy Kilian.

"Those are my arms and legs, stop indulging in wild fantasies," Kilian said as soon as his eyes opened. Although he couldn't read Jezebel's mind, the emotional connection they shared spoke myriads. The 210 clones found clothes fitting them, and alongside Kilian and Jezebel, descended to the castle's underground where 30 golems worked on a new laboratory with Olaf making notes of their progress.

Even if not for the artificial star, Kilian couldn't keep the Hellforge as his sole base of production. A state of the art laboratory was a must. With Olaf's estate occupying five million square meters, the underground provided both secrecy and ample space. As Construction Golems, the 30 were competent in terrakinesis, the art of manipulating earth, and could do in half a day what thousands of workers would take months or years to accomplish.

With Kilian's instructions driving them, they'd already completed 99% of the laboratory. Meanwhile, on former slum ground, the remaining 12 golems hastened the completion of the Celestial Garden, erecting a magnificent complex of buildings meant to house about 7,000 prostitutes and their customers. In another three days, the district would be completed.

Although he'd expected such results, when faced with the speed at which the golems completed their work, Kilian was again forced to admit that even without viruses, all iniquitous across Arcadia faced a dreadful future. The beautiful would survive in prostitution or slavery, the less "fortunate," however, would slowly head into extinction. Even the army had no use for them.

"It's time to kick things into gear. Olaf, promulgate a law stripping the nobility of their household slaves, and dispatch 2,400 men split into 12 groups of 200 each to enforce it. I will have 24 Fehl Beasts lead them. Round up the slaves in the castle and give them the choice to either work in our new establishments or go on with their lives.

Also, give them an exhaustive explanation of the terms, work benefits, training and modifications they will go through," Kilian ordered, making a new wave of puzzlement to flash in Jezebel's eyes.

"As you command, my lord!" Olaf exclaimed and left to gather the forces.

"I didn't know you altruist. What's the plot this time?" Jezebel asked while Kilian's clones took up office in the laboratory.

"Besides Olaf's house von Verden, Ostria contains 12 noble houses and around 5,000 household slaves—all females. As you can guess, the household slaves typically have decent looks and, on average, whether willingly or unwillingly, have been bedded by a noble scion at least twice. Household chores and serving the lords in bed are parts of their daily lives.

Now they will gain freedom, but what can they do with it? Even if we could ensure that their former masters won't come back for them, how will they eat? Slaves are iniquitous. Clothes, food, basic necessities, without someone to support them, they can only become criminals. But the fact is that they don't even have the strength to succeed in that path," Kilian explained while stepping toward the storage department containing the remains of Ostria's fallen.

"Now, I offer them health, wealth, transcendent beauty, and power over the men that used to rule them. You tell me, what will they choose?" Kilian coolly asked, and spun to face Jezebel who remained a step behind him.

"Some people say that you always have a choice. Fools, the whole lot of them. You always have a choice, only if you're prepared to lose. And, beautiful, not many are."

The calmness with which Kilian said those words made Jezebel doubt his actual age. Perhaps the one thing that Klaus could say with confidence, was that he raised his monster of an heir to perfection.

Several hours afterward, Olaf returned with the 5,000 household slaves and laid down the terms of Kilian's offer. Of the 5,000, 4600 chose to take it. The rest left the castle to seek their own destiny.

Some sought safety in marriage, but commoners of all social strata dared not marry them. Others looked for opportunities as floor workers and other iniquitous held jobs, but the managers dared not receive them. With no way out, and in fear of their former masters' retaliation, they returned to the von Verden castle.

Kilian didn't reject them. Since fate gave him three chances at life, he could at least give them two.

51