If Time Could Stop 
2.7k 7 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sanguine light erupted from Oliver’s form as his eyes almost popped out of their sockets. Summoning a blood-red lance, he lunged at Kilian, aiming for his throat. But as the move neared, Kilian raised his hand, summoning a recording mirror where a scene of Kathrin getting fucked senseless replayed. Except that this time, it wasn’t Kilian, but three bloodkin youths Oliver knew all too well.

 

The video made Oliver stumble, and he fell face-first.

 

“Lies!” He barked, and while still lounging on the bed, Kilian smiled and replied:

 

“Not quite. This is me, using my power armor to duplicate myself and shapeshift into the appearances of those three. Not my fault. Your wife wanted a foursome,” Kilian sighed, and stood up. Regaining his senses, Oliver realized Kilian’s heinous ploy.

 

“One is her brother, another is your maternal cousin, and the last, the son of one of Nargoz’s strongest duke. All three are Junior Dukes whose fathers hold tremendous power in your state. Oliver, even if they screwed your wife, how could you be so reckless as to behead them all and send the heads to their fathers? That’s how you get a civil war.” Kilian shook his head, lamenting at Oliver’s lack of tact.

 

Alarmed, Oliver eyed Kilian from head to toe and asked, “I did what? When?” The situation had already spiraled out of control, and in his four decades of life, Oliver had never felt more confused.

 

Crouching before the grand prince, Kilian clasped his shoulder and replied: “Don’t you wonder where my guards are? I mean, even if they’re not always by my side, they should have remained nearby. Instead, they’re nowhere to be seen. That’s because they left at dawn to capture the three. As soon as I had the video set up, they beheaded them and sent the heads to their fathers’ mansions.

 

I’ve also used an anonymous phira channel to upload the video for Arcadia to see. At this point, who, why and how, no longer matters. Within 48 hours, the three dukes will lead their forces in rebellion and overthrow you,” Kilian explained. And unable to take the blow, Oliver clawed at his neck, shaking his head in disbelief.

 

“Idiot. Twenty-two years ago, in the Imperial Academy, you tried a similar trick with Klaus—using your then girlfriend. But instead, Klaus screwed her and screwed you too. That’s how you became such good friends. Knowing the story and my own reputation, how could I not prepare? You really need to learn new moves,” Kilian said, unveiling the deepest of Oliver’s secrets. Recalling his university past as Klaus’ boytoy, Oliver bit his lips and shut his eyes close.

 

“Now isn’t the time for tears and sighs. You’re a grand prince, not a pornstar. As a royal house, although the dancing members of the Blood Court aren’t yet aware, the Veidt have effectively become the joke of Arcadia’s aristocratic circles.

 

That alone isn’t a big issue. But as I recall, the seven Grand Orders make all laws regarding public decency, honor and propriety. With all the laws you’ve violated tonight, even if the rebels don’t kill you, Emperor Niklas will. So Oliver, for the sake of your house’s survival, you only have one option: a complete and absolute surrender to me. You’re dead either way, but at the very least, you can save the Veidt legacy.” Awoken by Kilian’s words, Oliver released a bitter sigh and prostrated himself on the ground.

 

“Your wish is my command.”

 

...

 

That day, in the greatest feast of gore of Nargoz’s bloody history, the royal house slaughtered all potential dissidents of the Blood Court while Kilian’s bodyguards brought back the heads of the belligerent dukes.

 

That day, after giving Kilian the key to Eleonora’s anti-magic chains, Grand Prince Oliver made a public apology to Nargoz’s citizens and was trampled to death by 1,000 horses to atone for his house’s failings. Kathrin vanished from public eye, becoming an ordinary handmaiden by Eleonora’s side, and the council announced that for the first time in its history, Nargoz would crown a queen.

 

Using another blood puppet, Eleonora observed it all from the city’s shadows. But while Oliver’s brutal death comforted her soul, she soon forgot about him.

 

Standing on the Chiropteran Tower with Ailith by her side, Eleonora swept the entirety of Nargoz. And only now did Ailith realize that Kilian truly didn’t need her mistress to claim the Tear of Kalarac. Yet, he still brought back the key and released Eleonora of her bounds.

 

“Mistress, the covenant has been fulfilled, and although far from the past peak, you’ve regained enough powers to leave this land. What shall we do?” Ailith asked Eleonora whose impassible eyes remained glued on the scenery below.

 

Dusk was about to fall, reminding Eleonora of her appointment with Kilian. Now dressed in a vintage-styled green dress, even without crowns, Eleonora possessed all the elegance of an inborn queen. Still, her eyes carried some hesitation.

 

“No rush. There is an oppressive fehl presence in this world. Thicker than anything I’ve felt in my long existence. If Fehl Princes and Overlords are heavily invested in this world, we must find out why and thwart their plans,” Eleonora replied, but though the words seemed sensible, Ailith couldn’t help but feel that it was all an excuse.

 

 

Having handled all of Nargoz’s petty details, Kilian was ready to claim the Tear. But first, he met Eleonora for their appointment. And as he walked into the room, Kilian was surprised to see the new August Orphan standing in her vannorin form. Spinning, Eleonora faced Kilian in all her fiendish splendor, wearing nothing but a black corset that kept half her breasts exposed.

 

A heavy silence reigned in the room, broken only by Eleonora’s hissing, purple snake hair.

 

“You’ve gotten what you wanted. Nargoz is yours, with or without me. Once you seize the Tear, if as you claim you can put it to use, you can turn this place into your stronghold. 

Humans disliking monsters is natural; you don’t have to marry me. I can give you a fake wedding as thanks for your assistance and won’t resent you, or stand in your way for rethinking your choice,” Eleonora said while her slit, scarlet eyes stared at Kilian.

 

Suppressing a chuckle, Kilian ambled toward her, and without warning, took her lips into his. Startled, Eleonora pushed against Kilian’s chest, but he wrapped his hands around her scaly waist and leaned forward. Trapped in Kilian’s embrace, Eleonora gave up resistance, and abandoned her tongue and lips to his gentle caresses.

 

The kiss went on for what seemed like a delightful eternity before Kilian broke it to look into Eleonora’s eyes.

 

“Monsters exist only in our hearts. The rest is a matter of difference. I’d rather make a trustworthy monstress my queen, than share my bed with a crazed human devil. And while I know that you have your secrets, who doesn’t? I’m not here for a servant. I just want someone I can trust and entrust myself to. What about you, Eleonora? What do you want?” Kilian asked with a gentle, mind-soothing smile. And as she met his clear eyes, Eleonora felt that perhaps, just perhaps, she’d found the one that could break her eternal curse. Selfishness took hold, and the Queen’s lips curled into a radiant smile.

 

“Perhaps, that time stopped in this instant,” she replied, and again Kilian locked his lips on hers for a sultry embrace.

43