Volume 2, Chapter 4
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I Must Have Self Control!

 

Amillia could hardly believe Connor’s worked up state at the thought of seeing his father!

She thought that he would fear death more, or something like that but now, he was trapped in the now, somewhat gearing himself up for a fight!

Death for herself was simple, she’d been there and done that, yet, for Connor, he seemed to hold back on much that had anything to do with it. Her idea of bringing death in with his father seemed to fade and he was worried again about the yelling and about his mother. She found it quite amusing that he still thought it was quite a huge deal to do this, that his existence seems to want it so much but yet dreaded it do his core. She had only gotten small snippets of his past with his father and wondered with how little he thought of him, yet why he wanted his approval so badly…

…Ah, should she just tell him to forget it?

 

Amillia couldn’t understand how Connor could have stayed sane after all these years with a father that dominated like he had and to maximise that, his father had made it completely obvious that he had liked Connor’s twin brother better…

Amillia could hear and see all the favouritism that went on in the family, that Cameron seemed to be the next leader, that Cameron did this, that Cameron did that and Amillia had a sudden urge to cry for Connor and his life experience of having a father. A father should be moral support for a young man, a hero in some respect, so that they have someone to look up to and with Connor’s thoughts, she found that he had nobody like that upon his upbringing…

Their first date was over and Amillia was unsure whether it was still on his mind to see his father.

Not bringing it up was hard yet getting into the car after they had walked out from the restaurant was easy.

 

Connor was thinking of girls with skimpy tops and chairs after about five minutes of driving. She saw the boobs in the tank tops being big, pink for the tops, and chair legs, on how they were made, and Amillia didn’t seem to take offence, if anything she realized he was trying not to think about seeing his father. “Connor, please calm down!”

Connor turned to her and grimaced, “I can’t help it!”

With his head going back to the road, Amillia wanted to point out, “No offense but looking at a chair leg and how it was made sort of bores me.”

She got what she was looking for, which was a smile, a wonderful smile. Her mind was then full of another picture, a closed rose, but it started opening, it was a beautiful color of purple and pink, like magenta, and then when it fully opened, it said, ‘I love you’.

Amillia smiled, she might have the most obnoxious man, but he was a romantic in his own way. “I love you too.”

Again, she saw him smile…

 

 

Amillia was just about to ask if Connor wanted to pull out from seeing his father, when he said, “I wonder if there was more to what Piet had said or if that was it. All he really said was that it didn’t work for him, I mean do you know for sure that it’s going to be three months? What if you don’t get sick at all?”

Amillia didn’t feel different, but, as she looked down, she saw the tiny fragment connected to her lung that wasn’t supposed to be there.

About to make things more open minded, she already was interrupted by more rants from Connor, “What did he do to try to prevent from being hit by a car, did he not go out so it wouldn’t happen? He could have filled us in more, instead of falling asleep, and on my couch at that…And he drank my booze!”

 

Amillia looked at him and reminded him, “Don’t forget, while he was sleeping, we were wondering whether or not to believe him in the first place and wondering if he wasn’t as crazy as us.”

Connor thought back to that and couldn't see how Piet made it all up, because he simply knew about things even before he was informed of them.

Connor remembered, showing some of the conversation in his head to Amillia. They asked a few unanswered questions, wondering if he was for real, what he could have done to stop it. They had written down some things about cancer that they needed to look up to try and help it without getting too much medical attention. They had agreed that Cameron could try one and Amillia could try another…But not long after that, they had all gone to bed.

 

Amillia closed her eyes, opened them, sighed and said, “We’ll get on the internet when we get back and see if we can get onto something soon. If we prove whatever is going wrong, by even another month, anything could be possible.”

Connor slammed his palm onto the stirring wheel, “That’s right! This three-month thing is crap! It’s not even medically possible. It’s not Connor possible!” Connor looked at her and smiled.

Amillia wasn’t sure what to say, she seemed to have not the same enthusiasm as Connor. As much as she wanted things to be Connor possible, she had a feeling that it wasn’t going to be so.

 

She thought about a situation that had happened before, that she was around for, Cameron. He had cancer then he didn’t, she took him back to her room, and it was gone. All she needed to do was teleport back to her room, then teleport back to some place back here on Earth. Connor saw her eyes go wide and look at him, he put his eyes back on the road and asked, “What?”

“Cameron had it, and then when I teleported him back to my room…Back in the spirit world, he didn’t have it.”

Connor hit the steering wheel again, “That’s it! Nice work! Wow that’s awesome, whenever you start feeling inhuman just port back to your room and then come back. Problem solved!”

Amillia did feel better, there was definitely something there that they could try, as it had already worked!

It was moments later though, that she was reminded about the Azulious and how they would probably be waiting on the spirit world for that precise moment that they would indeed use that method...

 

***

 

Arriving at a house, unseen before to Amillia’s own eyes, she turned to Connor, who put the hand break on, and he looked back at her.

He silently told her that they were here. There were no pictures or images now in his head, and he leant over to give her a kiss. Amillia put her hands on his face and then around his neck, feeling herself go deeper into just thinking about his lips and him…The man who seemed to be using her right now to calm down!

Amillia smiled through their kiss and gently pulled on his ear, making him bite her lip lightly in return.

“Connor!” A voice interrupted them, making them both move apart in a hurry to the sudden shock, and to Connor welcoming Amillia to hell.

Getting out of the car, Connor walked to Amillia’s side and opened her door. Helping her out of the car, he rolled his eyes to hear his name was being yelled out yet again.

Amillia heard him think that he’s still a boy in his daddy’s eyes and he smirked, waiting for her to laugh. Amillia didn’t find that funny at all though and put her hand to his face saying, “I hope he sees that is not the case, Love.”

 

His named was yelled out again and Connor was getting weak, she could see it, but his sudden yell startled her, “Oi dad, stop yelling at me and either wait for me to come inside or you come out here! Pick one!”

After all, you of all people told me it was rude! Connor grumpily thought. He remembers never able to leave a room when his father was talking to him, he had to even go to his father often, as his father would never come to him.

It might be taking some time for them to get inside, but it didn’t mean they weren’t going!

Connor frowned. Hold it together man, he told himself.

Amillia stayed with Connor in place, while his father responded, “Boy, get your butt in here! Now!”

 

Connor thought about girls in tank tops again and he seemed to calm down considerably when Amillia was one of them.

He grabbed her hand, stomping towards the house and Amillia finally saw the owner of the voice waiting for them at the front door. “Oh…I see you have company…Hello there.”

She was taken aback to the softer tone of his voice, like he was a completely different man!

Amillia shook his firm hand and smiled back, even though it was completely awkward! It was like his yelling at her man had suddenly become a secret that couldn’t be talked about and like it had never happened!

She smiled more when she heard Connor think his father being the perfect gentleman when she was here and that he should have said Amillia was here from the start. “Hi.”

 

Connor put his hand out to his dad, “Amillia I’d like you to meet my father, Bruce.”

Then, he looked at his father and put his hand around Amillia, “Dad, I’d like you to meet my fiancé.”

Amillia heard Connor count down from three and looked from him to his father.

She saw that Bruce was holding something back but pulled together rather good and said, “Oh, uh, fiancé? Ah did I hear that right?”

Connor smiled and said, “Yep, you’ll have a new edition.”

“Connor I’ve only met this girl once before.” His father stopped, he must have seen Connor think, ‘and what dad?’ on his face.

 

His father looked back at Amillia and suddenly said, “I thought your name was Andrea...”

For a quick moment, both Amillia and Connor were stunned, being reminded of this certain fact…

I forgot about that! Was the thought that went through both of their heads.

Amillia looked at Connor and saw his thoughts wonder to the past, when Andrea yelled at Bruce. It was hard not to laugh and had to remind herself that a response was needed, “Andrea would be my twin sister.”

Bruce stared at her and silence filled the air for a moment, then he smiled and said, “Double trouble hey.”

Amillia nodded, as the surroundings were starting to get uncomfortable. She watched the change of emotions written on Bruce's face, there was a certain sadness but, strangely, he had lightened up a little and Amillia wondered if he had just made a joke in his head.

 

Connor said, “Where’s Mum?”

Finally, Bruce stepped aside and answered, “In her room. And you mister, I need to talk to you.”

“Yeah Yeah, just ganna introduce my girl to mum.” Connor led Amillia through the house, passing a loundroom a kitchen and another room before getting into a room with an elder lady.

When they entered, she turned around and smiled, “Oh lovey, how are you dear?”

They kissed and hugged, and Connor pulled Amillia closer, “I’m good mum, this is my fiancé, Amillia.”

The elder lady’s face showed shock at first but lit up and she smiled at Amillia, “Oh wow, what news! And what a couple you make. Oi! Bruce, open some beers, we’re celebrating!”

Amillia couldn’t help but love this lady, she was charming, and she seemed to be the total opposite as the man that had been at the front door!

Connor’s name was repeated yet again and Connor kissed her on the cheek, “Better go and talk to him! You guys talk, I’m sure there’s something you could talk about.”

Winking at Amillia, Connor then walked away…Towards his father…

1