Volume 2, Chapter 6
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

New and the Old

 

On the way home Connor and Amillia talked about the conversation that Amillia had with his mother. It was light conversation at first but the yelling from the two men, from just down the hall, made his mother apologise and say that he has been like this since the death of Cameron. Amillia had asked her how she could stand it, even though it was a risk of asking but for her sake she didn't understand at all. Well, she had seen a bit of Connor’s mother in his thoughts and memories but still had not put together who she was and why she was putting up with his father so easily.

If her man acted like one of his son’s didn’t exist, having wanted one to die instead of the other…Then on top of that mocked his living son, Amillia would be very angry! So…That was why she didn’t understand Connor’s mother…

 

Connor told her, before she continued to tell him the conversation she had with his mother, that his mum loved his dad, that his mother took the good with the bad. It wasn’t just that too, she was from a time that divorce wasn’t looked well upon. She not only wanted things to work out, but this was her life and she had accepted it. In fact, it was his mother that made Connor see how many didn’t take marriage seriously in the last decade…

Connor then went into an older story of his dad, from when they were younger, on how his mum couldn't give him anything other than advice to change a bad habit. His father hadn't taken the advice but changed promptly when it occurred to him through a bad episode of health with his mum.

Amillia pondered and figured that his father’s bad behavior may have been the reason for his mother’s illness and finally sought to change, simply because he didn’t want to live without her…Of course, from what she could see and not being told more, Amillia just assumed this silently.

 

Connor was silent for a while and admitted that if there is anything that he did get from his father, it was the affection that he had for loved ones, especially his girl. He told Amillia that if there was a weakness for Bruce, it was his mother, Eve.

Connor never understood though, why his father was so hard on him and nobody else in the family. His mother was his father’s love, his brother was his father’s pride and he…Was he anything but a sore loser in his father’s eyes?

Why…Why couldn’t they just get along!?

Ever since the bridge, meaning Cameron, had died, they had not once been able to have a simple conversation…

 

***

 

Andrea had little to do but sit, eat, sleep, think of patterns and with Cameron only able to come back in the visiting hours, she had quite a few hours on her hands to only have herself to keep her entertained. There was too much time to worry and stress over things that were out of her control…And the biggest problem out of her control was…How could she overcome a miscarriage, when it is inevitable?

For three hours, Andrea was alone, until she had to prove that she wasn’t crazy to the psychologist.

“Would there be a reason for you to talk to yourself Andrea? Would there be a connection to this and your sister’s death?” The psychologist said.

Andrea tried to figure out how to answer without giving too much away and…What was with the questions! Weren’t they a professional?

 

Idiot, Andrea stated to herself, they don’t know anything about me, but…Starting so quickly with questions…

Clearly, Andrea was nervous…

Oh…What was the question again? Something about connection with her sister and talking to herself…To her, Amillia wasn’t dead, but of course telling this person that should not be something that she should do!

“Uh, I did not deal with her passing well…I was a wreck for quite a while, and I got a lot better when I started talking to myself.”

Andrea knew that ‘reason’ was vague, also sounding ridiculous, as it was leaving out pretty much two years’ worth of information, but she wasn’t really one to go into deep conversations with just anyone!

 

The psychologist nodded, Andrea liked that she was open minded and looked like she understood her discomfort, “And what of your brother Andrea, did he see much change in you in the last couple of years?”

Andrea thought back, “He stayed at arm’s length for a while, every now and then tried and give me a life. I saw him nearly always once a week and he tried to set me up a few times with men.”

“And, how did you cope with him doing that?” The question was just that, and Andrea wondered if the psychologist was really trying to figure out what was wrong or wasn’t worried about Andrea and was just filling in some time. Perhaps she might be lucky and get out of here in no time then!

 

“Alright, he has a great wife and she would talk to him for me and I just hung around for a while just not to be rude. I think the men got the picture quite easily that I wasn’t interested.”

“Would there be a reason for that? Was it timing, place or was it because of your sister?” The psychologist asked.

Amillia looked down, remembering that it was all three, well, that and that she really and simply wasn’t interested…

“It was…I didn’t really see any kind of relationship out of them. They seemed to be on a different wavelength, didn’t connect, that sort of thing. But obviously that is in the past now, now that I have found Cameron.”

Andrea frowned for a moment and had a slight bit of panic go through her when the place where she was at, right at this moment, probably had records to state this ‘Cameron’ as died!

Luckily, they didn’t ask about Cameron’s last name!

 

The conversation continued about her relationship with Cameron, then onto his brother, as Andrea accidently brought him up, and then was asked how happy she felt. Life in general seemed to be good enough for the psychologist and after being told that she was cleared in her department, the psychologist then asked about the baby. Andrea had nearly forgotten how fun it was to talk about her unborn child and got carried away with news and how reactions occurred towards the pregnancy.

 

Just as Andrea had thought, it seemed that the psychologist wasn’t going to go into deep conversation with her and was somewhat glad that sometimes the hospitals rushed to get people to leave.

It might not be good for someone who needed to stay but for her, where she didn’t think she belonged in the hospital like this, it has, for a change, worked out rather well!

Cameron had been rung up and before long Andrea was interrupted with his appearance, the conversation was happily ended and Andrea could finally leave the hospital, only to come back again tomorrow morning for her next check up with the doctor. After the check up tomorrow, Andrea would only need to come in if there are any major concerns from a local doctor instead, so it was all good news…

 

 

Cameron and Andrea were on ground floor, closer to freedom, when he brought her closer to him. He had quickly searched the area for people before he teleported. When the brightness faded Cameron moved closer again towards Andrea and took her face into his hands and kissed her gently, as he had missed her.

Time on this planet was so different, he was always busy back being a spirit but now, that he has come ‘back’ here, he doesn’t know what to do with himself…Not only that but a part of him never felt right when being a part from her. Eagerness enveloped him and he would find himself drumming his fingers or lifting his whole leg in little bounces in irritation to the loss of her presence. Then, having done these little things frustrated him more because it was annoying to his eyes or his ears! Yet…He simply couldn’t help it…

 

He had even started to realize that he got a headache while being away from Andrea, really not understanding how that worked at all! How could it be normal to obtain a headache through someone’s loss of presence?

It didn’t make any sense!

…While visiting hours were closed Cameron had eaten, even had a nap and surfed the internet for potential cancer cures but it was never in the least bit satisfying…Until now, now that she was in his arms once again. It was like, he only made sense when she was beside him…

 

The biggest thing on his mind was his unborn child and trying to come up with something that would help against termination. Cameron had forgotten how sadness and anger had felt until now, but it was definitely something he didn’t want to get used to. “I am glad that you are out, I have been lonely without you. I have not seen Connor nor Amillia and nothing has come to mind on how to figure out our questions.”

He watched her face and her smile forming, then heard her response “Love you too.”

The feeling going through him after hearing this was so great that Cameron sighed. Why had he longed to hear this so much yet before, while he had been alive, he hadn’t much worried about it at all? It was the total opposite…

Actually, he really did think he had changed quite a bit since he was last human. His personality might not change so much but there was something else that he couldn’t put an understanding upon, and it was starting to come through to be known of more and more often…

 

Cameron gave Andrea another quick kiss before moving away from her and walking towards the car, then he heard her wonder why the car was at Roma Street Parklands. “More parking here.”

Her laughter was the highlight of his day, following close behind was his child’s heartbeat, so Cameron’s day was already much to his liking…Most possibly his favorite day so far…

Andrea scoffed at his talent of teleportation and said, “Cheat.”

Cameron laughed, “I am not a cheat. I am just taking advantage of the situation.”

Just as Andrea put on her seat belt and was ready for the trip home, her mobile rang. She did see, when she got it back and turned it on, that she had a few messages and missed phone calls. But this time it was Connor, not her brother, “Yo Andy, Sup?”

Andrea rolled her eyes, “Hey Connor, I’m out and heading home. You guys going to your place or mine?”

“We are headed back to mine, oh and hey, I think I have figured one thing out, so I’ll see ya’s soon.”

 

Before she could say more, he hung up!

…He seemed to be one of those guys that always wanted the last say…

“Yes, he is like that, I did not fight with him much as I would always seem to lose out.” Cameron smiled and then laughed, “We got on so much better after that.”

Andrea let out a giggle, it was nice to be happy again, the last month has been long enough and she felt like she deserved this.  “He said that he found…”

Cameron interrupted, “He may have found something and that we are going to his place.”

Andrea huffed and thought that there’s no need to speak anymore, that she might as well become mute!

Cameron laughed, “I will retain myself from interrupting you again then my love, I am sorry. I would much rather hear your sweet voice in any circumstance, I do indeed feel like a fool!”

 

Andrea smiled at him, “It’s ok. I can’t imagine what it would be like to know what people are thinking all the time, I’m pretty sure it would annoy the hell outta me…It’s funny, when you’re a child you wish you had powers and become a hero. But then you grow up and meet someone with something like a special power, things seem to be fine not to have it.”

“It is very different to my old life Andrea, I feel like this life is separate, as though I have been born again. I have the memories of my being here before I died, but I do not feel like the same person. I still feel like the spirit that has come to earth again, not the child that was born here and grew to be a man.”

Cameron continued to watch the road but picked her hand up and gave it a kiss. “My being right now is in love with you, but the being that was on this earth originally may have had different feelings towards you…I hope I am making some kind of sense for you to understand.”

1