Volume 2, Chapter 7
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

More than a Job Amiss

 

Andrea looked down at their entwined hands, she understood most of it. She didn’t understand how this could happen though, that a spirit and a human could fall in love and even conceive a child. The spirit reading thoughts, coming back to earth as a human, getting sick with a death sentence and yet life must go on, Andrea thought.

She looked up at Cameron, “Why haven’t you been uh…Calling? What happened to your job?”

Cameron looked at her quickly, before turning back to the road, “I am not sure. I have thought of it once or twice before you have just now brought it up, but I did not come up with some kind of answer. I believe that connections with the transpers have seized by my being here.”

 

Sitting back and closing her eyes, there were so many things to consider. The Azulious may come to get her sister and Cameron as, surely, they should know how to get here…Or…Would they not know?

Could it be that while Cameron and Amillia were here, on Earth, that they were safe from the Azulious?

Andrea found more questions about health, if by miracle she somehow kept this child alive, how would she overcome being without Cameron if he was gone? And then the opposite, how many miscarriages would it take for us to understand that having a child wouldn’t happen?

Andrea felt a tear slide down to her chin. Crying was not usual to her and she wiped it away roughly, opening her eyes to see Cameron looking at her.

 

The car had stopped, they were parked at Connor’s house behind his car, and Andrea wasn’t sure how long he had just sat there waiting for her to notice.

“Not long Andrea, I believe you are being emotional, a symptom to pregnancy perhaps?”

Andrea smiled at him, he noticed a lot about her, it was something she wasn’t used to yet and it still overwhelmed her.

Cameron smiled and got out of the car, walking around to the other side and he opened her side of the car door. How she loved the gentleman inside him, how he wanted to look after her and make her feel special.

He helped her out of the car and pulled her close to him into a hug, stoking her hair, and he rested his head on top of hers. Andrea couldn’t believe how nice it was just to stand there and be held, like a child saying hello to a loved one after the first day of school. Andrea didn’t want to let go but after some time Cameron pulled her back a bit, he kissed her lightly on the lips, holding her to a promise, and then pulled back, to take her hands to then walk to the front door.

 

Cameron opened the door for them and walked into Connor’s house after Andrea. Connor was yelling profanities with Amillia laughing and Cameron welcomed the change in mood. He was worried that Andrea was starting to get upset and it seemed it was the right time to walk through the front door!

Looking at Andrea, he saw her smile and responded with one of his own, satisfied that she was thinking emotionally better now.

“Oh, for crying out loud! Look at that idiot just standing there, what a moron!” Connor huffed.

Amillia giggled and said, “He was the ‘me’ in team honey.  Ha, maybe he spilt his drink over the keyboard.”

“Woman! You are making excuses for everybody, I can’t see you playin' this game and making excuses then!”

Connor was silent for a moment, “Oh! For friggin' sakes! That’s it, I’m done! Stupid game!”

 

Cameron thought it would be polite to announce their arrival at that moment, “Connor, Amillia, we are finally altogether again.”

Amillia looked up at them and smiled, she made her way over to Andrea and gave her a hug. “Bout time crazy girl, how is the little one?”

Amillia got down on her knees and put her hands-on Andrea’s tummy. Silence filled the room and for some reason excitement ran through Cameron’s veins. He watched Amillia’s face, her voice cooing and saying that Aunty loves it very much. Suddenly, she seized her cooing and removed her hands from Andrea’s tummy, “The child seems to be slowing its circulation and I feel like it isn’t the way it’s supposed to be. How did the check-ups go?”

Andrea looked up at Cameron and he moved closer to put a hand around her, “We heard a heartbeat but apparently it was not as averagely strong as the day before, otherwise the baby seemed to be fine in the doctor’s eyes.”

Amillia looked angry, “Ok, well I’ll be watching over this child in any case.”

 

Connor came up behind her then and put two hands on her shoulders, “I’m sure they won’t mind Amie. Look guys, the idea I thought of came up with a conversation I had with Amillia. She told me about Cameron losing his cancer when you guys teleported back to whatever Ville. I reckon you guys should do that again when needed.”

Cameron nodded, “That is definitely one way to go, but I am sure that the Azulious would find us after teleporting and keep us from returning...”

Andrea raised her eyebrows and asked, “Did Piet say anything about doing that kind of thing?”

Amillia shook her head and said, “No, well not much, in fact he seemed quite vague over everything he had said. Would it be worth it to try it out, considering there may be no return ticket?”

 

Cameron tightened his hold around Andrea and said, “Well, we may put that as a last resort, in the meantime it could be a good idea to check out other prospects.”

“Like what? Seriously, I haven’t found anything, the best was something taken off the internet several times! It’s hard to keep up with it, actually…It sounded like a cure for cancer but looks like someone doesn’t want a cure though. People have taken it and been cured, and I mean cured from their death beds, and not just with cancer either. But the person behind it is persistent, they keep putting it up somewhere else after several hours. Other things were not too much out of the norm, chemo and tablets…What not.” Connor sighed and then kissed Amillia. ‘Talked to dad today Cameron, he knows about Amillia and I getting hitched and about her having cancer. Still didn’t stop him from yelling at me but I gave him an ultimatum, see if he can grow up. Hehe…”

 

Cameron raised his eyebrows to that, Connor had not talked back to their father very much at all to his knowledge. And on top of that, an ultimatum, to Cameron’s surprise he thought it was a little over the top and felt bad for his father. “I wish I could talk to him…To see him again.”

“And me with my brother, oh and the niece I’ve never meet!” Amillia smiled. “Maybe we can swoop spots for a day just to see them hey, reckon we could pull it off?”

Andrea put her head against Cameron’s shoulder and added, “Well, my brother seems to be in the mood to see me. Four messages and two missed calls from him, so you’re welcome to take my spot for the next visit, but if I was you I wouldn’t, he’d probably yell your head off or try to hook you up.”

“Yeah he’s a funny one isn’t he.” Connor adding his thoughts, and then Cameron, “I liked him, he cares for Andrea very much.”

 

They heard light snoring then and looked at Andrea, as she had fallen asleep, and they stifled a laugh as Cameron picked her up and took her to a bedroom that Connor pointed out.

…Nothing woke her up and Cameron didn’t know whether to be worried or not about her exhaustion.

“This is quite normal in a pregnancy, the child still looks uneasy though, but she is just tired, I think she needs this.” Cameron forgot that Amillia could read his mind still, being a higher being in the spirit world was easily recognized but here, as people, it was different.

He watched Amillia as she stared at Andrea’s sleeping body, and then she walked closer to her and kneeled down on the floor.

 

Cameron watched as Amillia put her hands on top of Andrea’s tummy and started to glow…

With these simple acts, Cameron didn’t know why he finally felt at ease, like this is what he had been waiting for since seeing Amillia from returning with Andrea. But, he did not understand why he felt this way so Cameron opened his mouth but wasn’t sure whether to stop it or let it continue, as, would this be an answer or just something that they can scrub of the list of what was not going to work?

But, not even ten seconds past before Amillia’s glow disappeared and she got up and turned to Cameron, smiling. “Baby is much better now!”

Such good news! Andrea will be happy!

His child was safe and growing, and Cameron went still to a sudden image of a girl entering into his mind…

A bit distracted Cameron smiled back at Amillia, but both of their smiles disappeared when she asked, “Why does it work on the child and not us?”

 

***

 

“What, really? Oh my.” Andrea was over the moon, her child seemed to be blossoming at the moment, and that was not even her words. Andrea wanted to celebrate, she felt like she had so much energy all of a sudden!

Her sixteen-hour nap was very refreshing, and she was looking forward to going to see the doctor. Andrea didn’t know how awesome Amillia’s talents were until just now and already knew that they will come in handy so much…She was looking forward to knowing every little thing about what the child does!

Andrea stopped for a moment and sighed, she will lay back on Amillia as she knew better than anyone that if she were to get too annoying Amillia and what she would be doing would seize altogether, as her sister would only tolerate so much.

 

Cameron seemed to be beside himself, he told her that we shouldn’t have to worry about a miscarriage now, well as long as Amillia can see that nothing is wrong, so then the child being born may actually happen!

Andrea saw that he actually was holding back on some enthusiasm about the pregnancy because when she woke up, he was all over her and talking about how excited he was, which in turn made her excited and it went from there.

Andrea got into the shower and felt even better when water was running down her skin.

She was so happy that she was quite quickly washed, dried and dressed, just to get back to the action outside of the bathroom.

 

Andrea caught the end of a conversation that Amillia was talking about, “…in the hospital, I remember that! At least we know the connection now! I wonder what happened to that.”

“Why you though? Why that picture? I mean, was this in motion before you guys spat the dummy the first time or what?” Connor, as usual, put in his thoughts.

“Hey you, watch it! I did not spit the dummy!” Amillia hit Connor on the shoulder.

“Yeah you did, you also peed ya pants pretty good.” Connor poked his tongue out.

“Oh, you are in big trouble mister.” Amillia pushed him against the wall and went to put her knee to his manly area and said, “Go on try me.”

Connor smiled sheepishly and put his hands up in surrender.

With the man in her power surrendering, Amillia put her knee down and went to kiss him instead.

1