Volume 2, Chapter 8
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Adding Emotions into Life

 

Andrea couldn’t take it anymore, “Oi! Before you take this to another room, fill me in first hey!”

Cameron came over to her lazily smiling and seeing this different side of Cameron made her happy. He was always so serious, seeing him laid back and happy was a nice change. Not that she didn’t like him when he was serious!

When he was in front of her, he put his forehead against hers and silently said, “I will tell you on the way to the hospital, we have to get going, I am not usually one to be late.”

Andrea kissed him, “I’ll finish getting ready then.”

She heard whispers from Connor and Amillia but couldn’t work out what was being quietly said, then their laughter made her stop to look at them…They really were a pack of thieves, she thought.

 

The laughter and the giddy happiness in the atmosphere made Andrea sort of lose it and she started to laugh too. She put her hand over her mouth to try and contain herself, but it wasn’t really working! She couldn’t help but be happy with things looking up, as her sister was here, and she was happy, her child was doing fine, and she had met the most lovable man that she had ever known…

It almost felt like the happiness that would be ripped to shreds in mere moments…

With that thought, Andrea cleared her throat and no longer felt like laughing. It wasn’t like she stopped being happy, it was more out of self-defense, so that if something bad were to suddenly happen…She wouldn’t fall into a pit of despair…

 

***

 

Connor had to leave for work…But it was hard to leave, and he never thought he would feel this way!

Finally, though, he made it to work at the Brisbane library just in time and as he was walking in, he caught a glimpse of Sarah looking at him. He had absolutely no desire to go and talk to her, like he may have used to, and just went to go up the stairs, when she called out his name…

Muttering to himself, he turned around and walked over to her, he didn’t want to be there, he would prefer to work then talk to this girl that knew of the old Connor. “What’s up?”

“You’ve been very quiet Connor, is there something on your mind?” She had her head tilted and if the old Connor was around he would have put his face right up next to hers, leaning on the desk and said something like, ‘Just checkin' new ways to get your attention sweet lips…’

 

But now. he shrugged and simply said, “Nah I’m great, fabulous even. How are you doin'?”

How it worked on where he suddenly no longer cared to be a playboy, he hadn’t a clue! What he did know though, was that he was owned, he was taken and completely satisfied with that!

Yeah, him…Connor, the idiot, the bastard who has trouble taking anything seriously, has a girlfriend! No…Wait! A fiancé!

Suddenly, he felt like laughing! As much as he didn’t want to change his current circumstances, it didn’t change the fact that this was most definitely weird!

It really wasn’t all that long ago that he didn’t really believe in ‘love at first sight’ and that there were men really happy to be with one woman for years and years…

 

Sarah put her bottom lip between her teeth and looked up at Connor. How could he not know that she was trying to flirt and the fact that he didn’t care in the slightest, made him want to laugh even more.

Watching the girl not having a clue that he was not interested, go on to speak, Connor sighed, “I’m good, my girls are wondering what to do this weekend. Say, would you be interested in a pajama party, of course…You would know that some of us don’t actually wear pj’s…”

A few people looked their way with astonishment written on their faces and pure jealousy on the males of course!

Connor looked back at Sarah with a smile, “Actually I’m busy, thanks though and have a good time.”

And then he leisurely went to walk up the stairs…

He heard her yell his name and knew that she could not believe that he had knocked her back, especially with such a good invitation!

With that, he couldn’t hold it in anymore, his laughter was huge and lasted until he got to the locker room!

 

***

 

“So, the picture does hold a connection. Was that the same for Piet?” Andrea asked Cameron, while walking up to the doctors. They decided to take the staircase because teleportation made things to quick and they were early.

“He said that three places connected him. The garden and front of the hospital and Roma Street Parklands, yet we can go to fourth floor.” Cameron answered slowing down, he had forgotten about exercise until now, puffing slightly he thought to go for a walk later to keep fit.

 

“Mmmm, I wonder, with Piet having three places to teleport and us four, if anyone that might have been before Piet had only two places to teleport?”

Cameron looked at Andrea and by reading her mind he could see that she was putting something together in her head, it was more so lines and boxes…Actually, he had never thought of anyone else having the same thing happen, other then Piet and themselves but…Could there be even more in the past then?

…He thought back to a memory of his former life and believed what Andrea was doing in her head, that the box type pattern, was like that of a family tree of some kind. But it disappeared and he heard her sigh, “Why is a teleportation link or whatever there in the first place? Has this happened a third or fourth time, is there any way we could actually find out? Seriously, we are going to go crazy asking all these questions Cameron, we may as well just not think about it and stay sane!”

 

Cameron sighed along with her, and said, “We are indeed asking a lot of questions that we may not even get the answers to. I suppose what we should be looking at is some kind of cure for cancer instead, or time will become too short and it won’t matter...”

Before they got to the door, Andrea stopped and looked up at him asking through thoughts upon if they will actually find a cure or will it be too late. It was obvious, without looking into her thoughts, upon how upset the thought of losing him was like. Her eyes, her face…It all turned sad and Cameron could not handle it, he wanted to be close to her, always, even in death. There was something there, something he was addicted to or something he felt that was attached to Andrea and there was just no if’s…There was no other way…His happiness was in the palm of her hand and if she was upset like this, it hurt him to a point it was harder to breath…

 

He had read books on people in love and thought that this was probably it but…There was something deep inside him that also played a part…For some reason he felt like he had waited an eternity to be with this woman, this very human woman that cried…She wasn’t some superhuman, she wasn’t the most beautiful woman either but…She was like his other arms and legs…Or whatever, like he’d lost her ages ago and never wanted to let her go ever again…

Was this like every other love or could he really state he was different?

Whatever it was, Cameron couldn’t think more upon it if Andrea looked this way and so…He took her in his arms and mumbled through her hair, “I hope not, I will further my search today and try to find something that will at least give us another month at the least.”

 

 

Walking into the eighth level, they went up to the desk and was told to sit down in the waiting area.

Andrea’s phone went off, making the receptionist look at her, and saw that her brother was trying to contact her again. Andrea quickly hung up on him and tried to look not so obvious messaging him that she would see him soon and that she was at work. At least she wasn’t lying, she thought, putting her phone away. She really was at work!

“Did you want to see him next?” Cameron asked.

Andrea sighed, a lot of that was going around lately, “Not really, I’m sure he’d have some kind of problem with me! He would want to make whatever it is known to the world…That swapping idea is growing on me!”

 

They made their way to the waiting chairs and Andrea leaned against him, she may not be used to this partner thing, but she liked it. Her thoughts were so opposite before Cameron, it is hard to remember how she felt and what she thought, it was as though not only Cameron was renewed, but her as well.

Cameron smiled at Andrea’s thoughts, he could sit here all day and listen to her. He swirled his finger up and down her arm seeing puppies and kittens in his head. Cameron was just about ready to doze off when the pictures stopped, her voice wasn’t there either, there was nothing. Cameron looked down at Andrea and moved her head to the side a little so that he could see her.

 

Sighing with relief, he realized that Andrea was asleep!

He didn’t believe how easily it was to get worried here on this planet! There were definitely advantages in the spirit world, he thought, continuing his finger up and down Andrea’s arm. Not being able to have such emotions, like in the spirit world, was good and what he would state as easier…But then he realized the sweet emotions, like love, and decided that life was about all the emotions, not just the good or the bad.

 

It was like an old part of his last human life was being renewed, as he continued to think about life and filling it up with as much as you can. Experiencing life and experiencing different emotions, different paths. Being happy and sad are two different things and both should be experienced. Being rich and being poor, again two different paths that should be experienced. Being honest, being dishonest…Everything!

…Like he being a spirit and human, he was able to do what…No one but he and Amillia has done! Oh…And Piet…

He was only one of two people that knew what it was like to be a spirit and to know that such things as emotions was both a blessing and curse! He knew that some kids that he had talked to before did shut out emotions, but not having them at all was something else entirely. He also felt like his existence meant more now that his emotions had returned to him…Now that he felt…Well, that’s it isn’t it…Emotions are feelings, which really is another way to experience life…

1