Volume 2, Chapter 9
7 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Other Options

 

“Miss Sage, the doctor is ready for you now.” A voice said, “Right through this door please.”

Cameron tapped lightly on Andrea’s arm, then harder when she didn’t stir. “We can go in now.”

Andrea got up and stretched, when she looked around to see faces looking at her, she remembered where she was and started walking with apology written on her face.

“Do not be sorry, you were not out long sweetheart.” Cameron said.

Walking up through the psychic ward, they then made their way to the doctor’s office and sat down.

 

The doctor was silent for a moment, checking the computer, then turned herself towards her patients, “Ok, nice to see you guys again. How are you feeling Andrea?”

Andrea shrugged, “Good actually, besides the fact that I seem to be able to sleep at the drop of a hat lately. Is that normal?”

The doctor smiled, “It’s very common that woman would not only sleep more in the first trimester but also her last trimester. It does tend to vary, as we are not all the same but sleeping easily and more often is not something I would worry over needlessly. Now your test results have come back, and everything seems to be fine except your iron levels. I’ve got a prescription for you to help you there and if you haven’t already, I want you to get onto the prenatal tablets, they will also help. Now, I’ll get you to do the usual, please.”

Andrea took the cup that the doctor held out for her and stood up…The ‘usual’ was probably a pretty good thing to say about this particular process, Andrea thought.

 

Once she was out of the room the doctor turned to Cameron, “Is there any questions from you Cameron?”

Cameron nodded once, “Is there more I could do for her, of course I will try very hard that she will eat healthy and sleep well, but what about doing something else so that it is easier for her?”

The doctor smiled again, “It is also very common that the father’s respond with this exact question, but unfortunately the best you can do is understand her mood swings, be there for when she cries and try to help her if she’s angry. You obviously have the others under control, like eating and exercising. Don’t bother yourself too much Cameron, she will need you often, especially when she is in third trimester and onwards. You won’t even have enough time on your hands to worry when your child is born.”

Cameron smiled, “Thank you.”

With that, the doctor turned back to the computer and said, “No problem.”

 

Cameron silently waited for Andrea, thinking how fathers have gone centuries wondering how they could help. With that in mind, he remembered a trip that he had once made to a transper, he had seen the vision of a female giving birth, with people around yelling. They had told her to push and he had felt himself puffing, as though he was the one giving birth and after a while, he found himself exhausted and nearly fainting.  After a moment he looked back into the vision and saw that a child had been put in her arms and after the mother only a quick look, everything had gone black and that was the end…

 

Giving birth…

Why were humans created in a way that giving birth was so painful!?

Cameron had somehow known that there was nothing else and had made the transper more comfortable before leaving that time…But now, remembering the short-lived mother figure leaving behind a small dependent child, made Cameron extra anxious and he quickly looked at the doctor and said, “Are you sure? Are you sure that there’s nothing more that I can do!? What…What is the ratio of a pregnant woman dying while giving birth in this age? You will have equipment, you will keep…”

 

“Cameron, calm down…” The doctor stated, putting her hands up, even ready to pat Cameron on the shoulder to help soothe him more, “It’s highly unlikely that Andrea will die, we will make sure that nothing happens to her but you…You need to calm down or she’s going to know that you are panicking and is that going to help her? Uh?”

Cameron blinked and took a deep breath and swallowed…

He lost his composure…Lost it…Completely!

“Thank you. I will not panic!” Cameron stated, nodding his head…To himself…

 

***

 

Amillia woke to her own words being yelled…

Sitting up, she saw that she was sweating and tried to remember what she had spoken. After another minute, she laid back down and closed her eyes, just about ready to drift off again, when she saw Piet and his black aura around him. She remembered now, she had yelled out ‘No!’ But what for she wasn’t sure, laying there she tried to remember what it was that had woken her up, besides that of her own voice, why had she yelled it out? And why is it that it feels extremely important that she remembers!?

Trying to get more comfortable, she realized that she can’t remember…How silly it was to have dreams and not remember what they were!

Turning to her other side, she huffed, thinking about dreams and their importance. How can they hold something of reason, something vital to man or spirit kind, and then not be able to remember what that reason was? How cruel humanity was!

 

Amillia laughed, she may like certain people of this world, but it was hard to call it home. In the spirit realm, it felt like things were less…Complicated…

Why is it that humans had come to an age that living had so many dramas!?

Perhaps it would be better if the humans hadn’t advanced so rapidly and were still living in tents like that of what the Indians used to do!

Bah…

Again, she sat up and decided that there was no more of a nap to happen today, she was already too much awake!

 

Getting up out of bed wasn’t tricky, it was staying on her feet that seemed to be harder than she thought, as she fell back onto the bed. The spirit world didn’t have these things, she thought, we didn’t sleep, didn’t eat, didn’t have to do much at all actually. In fact, she was sure that gravity was different here as well!

But now getting out of bed seems to be difficult, just because of being tired. Amillia understood now why Connor liked shooting people on his TV. Perhaps it really did help get rid of some frustrations…

Finally getting out of the bedroom, she walked towards the kitchen and opened the fridge, she knew that she should eat something…Yet another thing that she was still trying to get used to and accept!

 

Deciding on something easy, such as two-minute noddles, she put the pan on and went to the toilet. Again, as she sat there, she tried to imagine what it was that made her upset in her sleep. She saw Piet, saw his aura, yelled ‘no’ and woke up. Putting her memory down a notch, she tried to just picture Piet, it wasn’t a very good picture, but she knew it was him. Without even thinking, his black aura went around him.

Amillia was starting to get angry with herself, perhaps because she didn’t understand…She even felt like she wasn’t even able to do the simplest of things at the moment!

 

Washing her hands, she thought of something different. She figured she would turn, and pretend Piet was there in front of her, so she turned and tried to imagine him.

She felt herself walk towards him and want to touch him, words filled her head, the words of the spirits, and she knew it was her instincts. She held her breath and tried to stop walking. Her feet didn’t stop, Amillia put down her heels more firmly and found herself stopping…With that, she also got Piet off her mind and closed her eyes.

She thought of Connor and smiled, thought of Andrea and felt glad to be here and then thought of the unborn child inside of Andrea…

 

She saw the tiny spark inside of Andrea, it was so tiny that zooming in was compulsory. Amillia opened her eyes and looked sideways out of the door, not seeing anything, more so thinking. Why was it that she could see this child? Why did it spark, Andrea didn’t spark, Cameron did, she did, but not Andrea, yet this tiny tiny child did! Amillia raised her eyebrows and thought, this child is half spirit and half human, no wonder its circulation was getting deprived. It needed that extra spiritual essence to continue. And so did her life on this planet, just like Cameron…They needed some type of spirit essence…

So that she could keep watch and see to this child’s delivery is made with life instead of death, Amillia had to find out how to get this ‘spirit’ type essence without having to go back to the spirit world to get it…But…Isn’t that just impossible!?

 

 

Amillia ate slowly while searching the internet for something at all to help with cancer. She came up with transfers, maybe they could get a lung transfer or something, to gain some time or even live a long life.

But then she thought they’d have to go to hospital to get it done, nevertheless she wrote it down to bring up when all four of them were next together.

Putting a big question mark beside her written word she also thought of the fact that the cancer could spread to multiple organs and that if it was such a great idea, doctors would have done it from stopping her dying the first time. Granted though, it had been a couple of years since then…Perhaps they had more of a chance to live now than they had beforehand…

Dammit though, she thought, can there really be so much change in just two years!

It was so utterly useless!

Spirits didn’t have to worry about cancer!

 

Amillia scribbled out the word and started to feel useless, why couldn’t this happen in a time when a cure for cancer had been found and was easy to get to.

Amillia turned off the computer and resolved that the best and easiest way for them not to die for the second time would be to duck in and out of the spirit world. If they were quick and teleported to and from, it should be fine…Right…

Amillia didn’t want the others to think that she had just given up, so she picked up her pen and she decided on writing down ideas of how they could go to and from the spirit world without the problem that they may not be able to come back.

Firstly, it was obvious on how to get there, but where was a safe place and how were they going to teleport directly to there?

 

***

1