Volume 2, Chapter 10
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blinking, Porting and Vanishing…

 

Andrea was just leaving the bathroom, when suddenly hands went around her mouth and a whisper came over her ears, “I will hurt this child of yours if you don’t do what I say. Understand?”

Andrea nodded, through fear, and said nothing, then he took her hand and removed his other hand from her mouth.

Walking towards the floor exit, Andrea tried to see who was stealing her away but only saw the back of him, thinking it was male, simply because of the short hair.

His hold on her hand was hard and strong and Andrea was worried that if she were to scream, he would just do something fast and easy, like turn and stab her.

She was silent and followed to the elevator and when she finally looked up to see her kidnapper, she saw Piet.

“Piet?” She stammered.

 

“Yes, now be quiet, we’ll be out soon.” He whispered back, having others inside the elevator.

Ground floor came before she could think about what to do to help herself with this situation and Piet nudged her towards the front of the hospital.

Andrea knew that she would have more hope with getting help here in the hospital, to anywhere outside, so that if she was going to do something, it had to be now!

Andrea turned her head towards her left and then right, she saw some kind of uniformed man. But just as she was about to yell out for help, she was pulled closer to the front, near the doors, and then black light blinded her.

 

Andrea had run out of time…She wasn’t in the hospital anymore…

Looking around, she saw that she was at Roma Street Parklands and was being led towards a car parked not too far away.

“Let me go!” Was all she could say. Andrea wasn’t sure what line she should try to cross, it being her child that was the one on death row. Should she hit, kick? Should she scream and just sit down like a child on a tantrum?

“Honey, it’s alright, now get in the car!” He stated.

His words and how they had been said stunned her and confused her, and she stood there dumbfounded. With that he pushed her a bit and forced her in the back of the car, hitting her head in the process.

Andrea put her hand up to her head after he shut the door. Thinking fast, Andrea pulled at the car door and it didn’t open. She scurried to the other side of the car and tried the handle.

Piet was in the car by now and he turned to look at her, “Not ganna work. Now come on, don’t you remember me? At all?”

 

Andrea narrowed her eyes and looked at him confused, “Wider Searchers, the garden…?”

Piet shook his head, “It’s alright darling, you’ll get it all coming back to you soon. Well done by the way. Waiting for you all this time has been worth it, seems to be going all to plan.”

The car was going now, and he was driving, Andrea wasn’t watching where, but she did find her voice again, “What are you talking about? Where are you taking me?”

Andrea looked at the passenger chair, then at Piet’s head.

Finding nothing to hit his head with, she thought maybe that her bare strength would be enough.

While she was planning on it, she heard his response, “Does the name Setharyan mean anything to you?”

Andrea shook her head, closing her eyes. She knew what she had to do, she had to hit him hard enough to give her enough time to get out of the passenger side door…Which meant that she had to climb into the front of the car.

 

“What about Elitress?” Piet asked, watching her. They were at a traffic light now, and Andrea tried hard not to let on about her potential escape. “No, nothing is ringing any bells.”

“Well…All in good time. Now, don’t you think that I’ve already thought about that? Have a look, there’s a knife on the dashboard, pretty easy to get to, well for me anyway. You do something and well hey, I’ll leave it up to your imagination.” Piet seemed to be enjoying himself…

Andrea sat back, she looked around, but they were already somewhere she wasn’t sure of. Closing her eyes, she pictured Cameron waiting for her, he was probably wondering why she was taking so long in the bathroom back at the hospital.

Andrea opened her eyes, remembering that she had dropped the full container before Piet had taken her. Cameron would be beside himself knowing the potential danger already on their child’s life. Putting her hands through her hair she started to feel useless and finally stressed to a point where she knew there wasn’t much that she could do.

 

“Don’t stress darling, it’s not good for the baby. We need that thing to be born remember. That or…” He said turning into a dark street and parked on the side of the road.

Andrea felt ashamed, she could have screamed in the hospital, but he had bluffed her! But what did he mean by that anyway? That they needed the child?

“Why?”

He got out of the car and opened the car door for her. She went to punch him, but he grabbed her hand. Smiling he lent closer to her, “Mmm I’ve missed you.”

Andrea spat at him, “You fake, twisted bastard!”

His laughter made her angrier, he grabbed her other hand and moved closer again. He licked the side of her face and laughed.

Andrea knew she needed to get tougher, that or she was going to cry, “So that story you told us, it was all fake!?”

Piet smirked and stared at her. After a couple of seconds, he shrugged, obviously not caring whether she got it right or not.

 

“Where have you taken me?” She asked, lifting her head up slightly.

“Place doesn’t matter, you know what matters?” He said, closing the car door but still holding her hand. “Time. Time is of the essence darling. Time, time, time.” Walking down the road, Andrea looked back at the car left behind. She thought that they would go into the house or something, but it looked like they were going by foot now to wherever he was leading her.

“Time? Time for what?” Her voice was trembling, Andrea breathed a deep breath in to try and shake it off.

Piet turned, to go down another road, and Andrea was forced to speed up her walk.

 

Piet looked around quickly and started to run, Andrea pulled on his arm, trying to slow him down, but she was forced to follow. A brick wall was in front of them, and Andrea looked from the wall, to Piet, and started to panic, “Piet?!”

She saw him put out his hand and close his eyes. She looked at the brick wall, only metres away now, and also closed her eyes but couldn’t help but let out a small shriek and brace herself for impact!

After a few seconds Piet stopped, and Andrea fell off something. Opening her eyes, she saw Piet above her, looking down at her, but he was still holding her hand though. Andrea looked around, seeing nothing, and she frantically looked back at Piet, and said, “Help me!”

Piet didn’t look at all worried, “Help you uh? Ok.”

 

He let her go and she felt like she was falling, except she didn’t move from where Piet was. There was nothing to hold onto or stand upon. It was a place of nothing. Her body looked as though it was lit up by a light, but when she looked around, she saw pitch black everywhere else. It looked like a movie nightmare and it gave Andrea the chills.

His laughter started to make things more certain that she was trapped, that now, there was absolutely nothing that she can do!

“I’ll just leave you be for a bit, then maybe we’ll talk.” He sent out an air kiss and smiled, “Looking forward to it!”

And he disappeared…

 

***

 

Cameron knocked hastily and hard for the second time on Connor’s front door.

…Silence on the phone, silence now at his house, Cameron was fretting so much that he backed up, ready to barge down the door! He was just about to take the first step when he heard a faint noise from inside, “Connor?”

Cameron went up to the door and yelled, “Amillia, open the door!”

“Urgh, oh man, ok coming.”

Cameron started to jump on his feet in frustration as he waited. He sighed and started to pace and finally the door opened slightly, and he rushed in. He saw nothing and turned around to see Amillia on the floor next to the door. She was sweating and looked really pale. Cameron knelt down beside her, thinking that things did not look good for more then just him at the moment…

What was going on!?

 

“Are you alright Amillia?”

Amillia opened her eyes and weakly said, “I…I was just trying to think about ways to…When I fell. Extreme agony and oh man, my head hurts!”

Cameron helped her up and sat her onto the recliner. “Andrea is missing. She went to go to toilet, and she must have been taken as she got out because she dropped the container.”

Amillia interrupted him, wide eyed, “Andrea’s gone?”

Cameron looked at her, wondering if the bigger problem was Andrea or Amillia, “Are you ok? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Amillia looked past him, “Something has changed, I feel like I’ve lost something.”

 

Cameron stood up and paced, “Tell me about it, I cannot even teleport to her, she does not have a connection at the moment. It is as though she is off the edge of the planet!”

Amillia closed her eyes, “Please stop pacing Cameron, when was she taken?”

He stopped and nearly yelled at her, “About an hour ago, Amillia…She’s gone! What do I do?”

“Oh.” Was all she said, making him turn and stare at her like she had lost her mind.

Amillia put her hand to her head and said, “I’d say I was somehow connected to it. Although I haven’t had my eye on the time.”

“What? What do you mean connected? You knew…Without knowing, that this was happening?” Cameron knelt down to see her eye to eye. “Are you sure? May it have been the cancer talking? Making you unwell?”

Amillia sat back, still holding her head in her hand, and said, “Something weird went down Cameron. I felt it.”

Cameron stood up and put his hands up in the air, “It still does not get us any closer on bringing Andrea back here Amillia! I’m going to call Connor again.”

Amillia asked for a glass of water and while Cameron got one for her he tried Connor’s cell and again got his message bank. Hanging up in frustration, Cameron walked to the loundroom and gave Amillia the water.

 

“I’m afflicted here Amillia, is there any kind of information you can give me that would help me find Andrea right now!?”

Amillia moaned and had a sip of water, “I can’t see anything at the moment,” Looking up at Cameron, she then yelled at him, “Because my head is thumping!”

Cameron sighed, “I am sorry. I just cannot bear the fact that Andrea may be hurt or injured somewhere.”

Amillia removed her hand from her head, “What about the police?”

“They said it was too early to report her missing, but they were going to investigate the tapes from the hospital floor. It just sounded like they weren’t in a rush to do so…” Cameron closed his eyes, picturing Andrea getting taken from the hospital, getting pulled along…

Did she struggle or scream, he thought, where did they go so quickly that he couldn’t even teleport to her?

What was happening!?

1