Volume 2, Chapter 11
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To Fear Nothing

 

With Amillia sitting there with her head in her hands and closed eyes, Cameron paced silently, wondering how long he should wait until he could call the police again.

Taking out the phone from his pocket, he looked at the time, and sighed. If only Amillia was more help, he thought.

“It’s not that I’m trying not to help you Cameron.”

Her voice reminded him of her reading his thoughts and he had had enough! He had to leave! Standing there and doing nothing was just something he couldn’t do right now! His mind was a mess and he felt…Wrong…He felt like he was not normal, not right…That Andrea disappearing had everything to do with feeling…Wrong!

He needed her back! He needed to know, right now, if she was alright!

Amillia looked up at him and said, “Be careful. Once I feel right again, I will call you.”

Cameron nodded, not trusting himself to speak, and went through the door. He had just got into Andrea’s car when his phone started to ring. Taking the phone out of his pocket, so quickly that it fell to the floor and making him huff in frustration, Cameron again missed the easy spiritual world.

 

“Hello!” Cameron said, wondering if whoever was on the other end of the line had already hung up on him.

“Cameron. What’s up dude?” It was Connor, finally!

“Connor, Andrea has gone missing and Amillia felt something go down at about the same time. She is still unwell, as apparently her head hurts a lot, so I was just about to go down to the police and see if they found out if they have any information through the cameras at the hospital.” Cameron was talking so fast that he didn’t understand much of what he was saying.

“…Uh? What? Amillia has a headache?”

Cameron couldn’t believe how focused this brother of his was upon Amillia, who was at least still here! Still around!

“Focus Connor! Andrea is missing!” Cameron said through clenched teeth.

“Seriously, I just saw her this morning and you guys were going to get some baby thing done…Weren’t you with her?”

Connor seemed to not believe anything Cameron was saying, and Cameron yelled, “Andrea is missing Connor! She’s gone!”

 

***

 

Andrea woke uneasily, remembering quickly that she was surrounded by nothing. It wasn’t hard to forget about the continued feeling of falling. Not knowing exactly what was happening, and especially because it was out of her control, Andrea nearly went into hysterics.

Calming herself down, by breathing deeply and closing her eyes and thoughts, she then forced herself to think more clearly. She didn’t know how long she had been there, even less of an idea on how to get away but she was worried as all hell that Piet may not come back and she would be stuck there for all eternity!

Looking down at her fast-growing baby bump, Andrea swallowed, wondering when she was going to get her next feed and next check-up. Keeping her stress low was hard with the continued falling sensation going through her.

With all this going through her head she had a fair idea that this child may very well not make it, especially since her sister wasn’t here to watch over the child and fill it up with whatever type of thing that she had done.

 

A tear fell off her cheek and Andrea closed her eyes tightly, to remind herself that getting upset didn’t help the situation. Andrea was scared for her life, as well as the child within her. She was in a dark place that gave her no intention that she may ever leave, and a chill went up her spine. Trying to make use of the situation, she tried to find out what this place was and how it was possible that it existed in the first place…But, as much as Andrea tried, she lost her concentration and squeezed her eyes shut, wishing that she was back with Cameron.

She was a curious person by nature but, there wasn’t anything to be curious about in this place and so the predicament that she was in resurfaced easily…

 

 

“So, my lady, has the past come back to you yet?”

Piet’s voice scared her, making her body jump, and Andrea looked around, trying to find where it had come from. His voice seemed to come from nowhere but looking around her a second time, she saw black smoke appeared to where he stood the last time that she had seen him.

Suddenly, the black smoke turned into his being and he was there smiling at her. “With that scared and confused look you’re giving me now, I guess not. It is different though, I grant you that! This time there’s hope! I can’t wait until you awaken to the good news! Your past self seems ecstatic!”

 

…Andrea had to say something, anything! Even if what he said made absolutely no sense!

“If you want this child to be born so badly then why do this to me? I don’t know how long it’s been since I’ve eaten…And, well, I can’t see this helping bringing this child into the world…” Her voice broke, “I would think that it’s doing quite the opposite!”

Piet walked around her, like there seemed to be some invisible platform there. “Think all you like, it’s not like you haven’t been in this situation before.” He bent down, his face level with hers, “We just haven’t gotten to the end, last time we only got to three months. Everything is three months! But now, we have finally done five! Hooray us hey! Tell me, what is different this time? Is it the new hot shot father? Mmmm? Talk to me Andrea, for the life of your child, tell me what is giving this child more hope.”

 

Child? Hope?

Shock still clouded Andrea’s judgement and head…Especially since she had been brought here with the threat of killing this same child!

…He must be a lunatic…

A powerful, superhero type of lunatic…

Not only was she not touching a floor, but she was also still not falling! He…He had been smoke, she was absolutely sure! And…Her belly was now…Bigger! She swore she had only been in this place for one sleep…One sleep!

Had she been in a coma?

What the hell was going on!?

This person, he was crazy! He had to be crazy!

“Speak! Tell me why this child is different!”

Andrea blinked and took a deep breath in, finally given thought to what Piet wanted her too…

 

Andrea breathed in, wondering if she should tell him about Amillia’s little trick and also wondered why he cared so much. She wanted to get out of this place so badly that it was very tempting. Questions were drifting through her head as it was, but she slammed them down, thinking that if she was to get out of here, telling the truth may actually be the key. “I have already had troubles, but then, well something happened, and the child seemed to grow again.”

Piet moved a hair out of her face, “And what was that? What is it that has made our entire mission start working huh? Come on Andrea, you can tell me.”

 

Andrea turned her head away from him, “How do I know that you’d let me go if I tell you.”

Piet laughed, “Why would I let you go? The whole idea is to have you here with me!”

Andrea looked back at him, “That isn’t possible. Looks like we have something in common, we want this child to live and to do that you will have to let me go!” Her voice was raised at the end, nearly a yell.

Thank god that she had Amillia as her back up now. She will be alright! As long as this lunatic, crazy man wants this child to be born, she should be alright!

She had something on him now and with that reason she had got some strength back!

 

“Oh, is that what you think. And why would I do that?” He seemed to not let on if he was uneasy or not.

“Because this child, for it to survive, needs…” Andrea breathed in and out, “My sister.”

Piet stood up. He put his finger to his lip and tapped on it. Andrea waited for him to say something…To do something. …But he just stood there thinking.

Suddenly, surprising her, he laughed, “My god, why didn’t I think of that? What idiots were we, well me, you look as though you figured it out! Ha, nice one darling! Brilliant. Ok, time would run out soon, we have to go.” Piet grabbed her arm and put out his hand away from her, like he did the brick wall, and pulled her towards that direction.

 

Suddenly she felt gravity once again, like back on earth, and the heavy weight of her body dragging slowly. Sighing in relief, she followed Piet down the road willingly but had a small problem with getting used to walking again. Her body didn’t feel like her own, it reminded her of getting out of a pool after being in it for an hour or two.

Now might be the time to ask some questions, as she remembered his words. “What…What do you mean five months?”

Piet turned and smiled, “That’s right, finally we have a lead. And it may be the one to get the job done, oh, how long we’ve been waiting for this! I didn’t think about that spiritual thing, being half spirit and half human, so obvious too! But now that we have the answer, well, we gotta get you two back together again.”

 

Andrea still didn’t get her answer, “How long did you…How long have I been away from here?”

Even to her, her question didn’t make much sense. She had been still on Earth, right? But then why did she feel…Right, she felt like she had been away for ages because of her growing bump, yet how did it feel like only one sleep for her? So…So…Unexplained…

“Earth time? Ah let’s see…About two months. Long enough! I’m guessing, you’re probably due for your sister to do whatever it is that she does.”

Andrea stammered, only just whispering, “Two months…”

A whole two months had just gone by?

…How is that possible!?

 

“Yeah, time is great if you can control it.” With that he smiled at her and pointed to a thrown away ‘take away’ plastic cup. Andrea watched as he put out his hand. “Watch the cup.”

Andrea looked down at the cup and saw straight away that it was changing, it started to collapse then break apart, somewhat decomposing into the dirt underneath it.

Andrea knew small factors of plastic and for it to do that would take many, many years, perhaps even decades! Her wonder became known with her saying, “Wow!”

Time…So…Time had been used on her?

Oh…So that explains how she’s suddenly more…Bigger…

Hang on! How did he feed the baby and all that so that it could grow so quick!?

Just being shown this amazing ability gave Andrea more questions!

0