Volume 1, Chapter 19
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Cheesy Idiot that is…

 

Amillia

 

Amillia was watching some of the scene in Connor’s mind, of Andrea yelling at his father…

That ‘he should be glad that he's still got a son’, that ‘that son was a good person and does great poems and that if she were his partner, she wouldn't like having a father figure like him in her life!’. She was indeed angry, like Connor had said, which seemed unlike her.

Connor, though, had not stopped talking, "Not long after that Andrea was actually sick in bed, I tended to her and she got over it and wanted to go back to work. She transferred back to the other hospital only recently…So, without too much detail that's how it went."

Amillia nodded to Cameron, "She did look pretty cool standing up to your father like that."

 

Connor continued, "After another week, things were going back to normal, but Andrea and I knew each other. She went to work, I went to work and we rallied up after at each other’s houses. We would talk, she told me that her new job didn't seem to have Cameron show up, and that she missed him. Andrea was unsure whether to go back to see you Cameron, she didn't want to hear bad news, not that it mattered too much, as she seemed pretty tired all the time. She and I would talk and eat about an hour of her being home and then she was already in bed till morning. I really don't want you mad at me bro, but I had to act like you one day there at her brother's house…Andrea didn't like the idea, but it actually turned out alright, we didn't touch or anything but I told him about your job and stuff, so at least we talked and what not. I think he liked me actually. Oh, I mean, I think he liked you.”

 

Cameron lost his frown for a second to have a smile, but then his frown returned, "I have to go and see her, I'll be back."

Amillia watched as Cameron teleported, she wasn't sure how he finally managed to work out the calling system, but it looks like he had.

Connor was looking at her, wondering if it was ok to resume what they had going before they had bumped into Cameron earlier.

Amillia seemed to forget everything else but the recent kiss that they shared and followed Connor when he took her hand.

 

***

 

Connor opened his house to let her in and Amillia was expecting him to turn and just kiss her endlessly, but he didn't…

All that time in the car was only awkward because she couldn’t help but wonder more deeply in getting more passionate with one particular man.

It had been a long time, and just like Connor, she had been with others before but not too many.

She had more of a party life prior to her death and her experiences were more so of one-night stands but already…She felt things were different with Connor.

Seeing that he was thinking and acting so normally…It angered her!

But after he kicked off his shoes, he took her for a walk down a hallway, into a bedroom…And that’s when she felt like he might have been suppressing his urges and wants all this time, as she heard him tell himself to calm down and don’t think so much!

 

 Amillia's feelings started to go fluttering in her stomach and she was just about to turn him herself and kiss him, when he pushed her onto the bed. She let out a little sound of fright when she hit the bed and heard him laugh at her.

As she tried to sit up, she saw him rummaging about, getting out a notebook. She had seen a lot of what he had thought of while she wasn't around was in fact her and she didn't understand what he was waiting for, what he was doing!?

Amillia saw that he was nervous as he said, "I want you to know something Amillia, I've already figured out that you’ll probably get cancer like Cameron. Yes, Andrea told me, and I wanted you to know how special you were…Are…To me, and to not waste any time. There is something that I want to do, especially if It's only three months with you."

Amillia watched Connor come closer to her, seeing his devotion and put the pieces of paper up, so that he could read them.

With a quick, awkward clearing of his throat, Connor spoke, "These may not match the situation exactly, I'm still not the best at putting two words together, but I want you to hear the difference between them, this one is called ‘My life’ and I wrote this not long after Cameron died…The first time.

 

I'm in a small world of my own, just a couple of friends to play alone.

No luck, no chance, It's no easy little prance.

My life is boring, my life is bad, I'm not a tiger to run around mad.

There's no such thing as giving and getting, For the world is all greedy and no letting.

My life is weird, my life is hard, no people to trust, no people to love.”

 

Seeing Connor take a deep breath, he continued, not leaving her anytime to think too much, “Amillia, you changed my life, my poems were dead, they showed little good feelings and happiness. I feel more alive now than I did before Cameron died."

Amillia watched, now willingly waiting as he turned to the other page, sighing and he said, "This one is only for you and it…"

She saw him clear his throat and say, ‘oh god’ in his head as he got on a knee, continuing, "This one is called ‘Simple Vow’.

 

I think about you day and night, you are the flame that gives me light.

It's a weird feeling I have for you, by the look in your eyes you feel it too.

I love how you look at me with that cute face, I will treasure it, even if you're on my case.

When we embrace electricity goes through me, I'm glad hugs and kisses have no fee.

So with this ring and love I have for you." Connor held up a ring and looked at her, asking if she would marry him…

Marry?

Stunned, Amillia had never thought that Connor had thought so far!

How in the world did he keep these thoughts from her!?

‘Especially if it’s only three months with you’. Those words echoed in her head like a drum. On one side, her feelings of this were only sad, but on the other, she wanted to make the best of her time…The best…Of her time…

Well…She liked this man. Why not!?

Amillia let out a tear and nodded hopelessly.

Connor then started to put the ring on, and said, "I will never ever feel in the blue."

 

Amillia was speechless, she just got up and dived at Connor, making them fall to the floor and kissed him.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you all the time, love. After Andrea told me about the cancer coming back, I spent a couple of days thinking about what I wanted and how I wanted to go about things. I saw no other option, I wanted you in my life for as long as it could happen." Amillia went to sit up but he pulled her close again, and continued, "My head has been spinning with words and somehow I remembered that first poem I said to you tonight and I thought about how my life used to be and how depressing it was. I was miserable! And then, I would think of now, well last week, where you may not have been real, but I felt great! And once I knew of how I felt, I wanted to make things special, so I put the words in my head to make a poem with at least the idea that I was thinking of you. And whatdoya know…It led to…"

He didn’t continue, thinking he’d already been cheesy enough but Amillia understood.

He found out through his words of making a poem that he had wanted to marry her…

 

Amillia was smiling, watching some of the time that she wasn't around in his mind. She had missed out on being with him and seeing him make his decision and Amillia was glad that she had this special gift of reading his mind, as though she was there in spirit. She was just about to get more comfortable when she heard him think that he was getting too cheesy with words and would like to do something even more passionate without words…

Amillia gave her agreement by putting her fingers up his shirt and bending to kiss his bare skin.

It was so strange…That she rarely knew this guy.

So strange that being in love finally happened to her after all this time and…So strange that she felt like another Amillia. Not spirit Amillia, not human Amillia but…Another one.

One that didn’t want to die a second time, one that wanted to make the best of her time, even if it’s to marry someone!

 

She thought that being with Connor would be the same, but it wasn’t.

Touching was something that she liked to do, and Connor let her do so.

Normally sex was sex…But at this moment, she felt like she might not be able to do this very much anymore and wanted to touch this man, that would most likely be her last.

Upon still being clothed but seeing him nearly naked, Amillia felt a power that she never had before. It wasn’t like a spirit could gain this power…No, it was the power of holding the attention of someone of your desire.

Connor’s face and eyes following her, his hands touching her body and his thoughts…Full of her…

It was great!

Of course, after a while of Amillia being the lead and making him squirm, Connor took over.

 

 

Amillia didn't thank Connor for his beautiful poem until later, not that it mattered because Connor seemed pretty happy about himself and she was already busy doing something else. Connor had told her that she was very welcome and that he was going to try and work with Cameron to find some kind of way to stop the cancer from breaking them up. Amillia was worried with his thoughts though…As it seemed that he had taken a great amount of time to think things through.

It may not be a very long three months, but he was already thinking of finding different ways to help the cancer without going to hospital, because there wasn't much description in the way of who they were…

They were dead after all and being admitted to the hospital needed a person’s, an alive person’s, name.

 

But if they really had to, they would swap names, just so they could get seen to. If Amillia used Andrea’s name, it should work…But again, the hospital had their time of trying to get rid of the cancer, but they ended up failing…

Connor had thought that they’d only use the hospital if they were sure they they’d get more time…

He had already looked up a few remedies and was hoping that one of them worked!

Amillia was getting sad thinking about it and put her hand around his neck to nibble on his ear. She slowly made her way down his neck waiting for his thoughts to change, and of cause, to her delight, they did.

This was much more enjoyable and considering that she had just gotten engaged, she thought she had enough reason to not think of cancer for a small amount of time…

1