Volume 2, Chapter 3
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reminded of Time

 

The doctor was waiting for them and after taking the cup from Andrea he put in a stick and waited a few seconds for it to come out in all sorts of colors. “Ok, looking good there Andrea, again, if you have trouble going to the toilet please make sure you see a doctor.”

Andrea nodded.

“Ok, let’s move on, I’m sure daddy here is truly excited! Will this be number one for you?” The doctor looked at Cameron while standing.

Cameron nodded. All he could think about was that fact that the doctor had just called him ‘Daddy!’

 

The doctor went over to the long hospital bed and pulled out a few items, “Andrea, would you like to lay down please?”

Andrea got up and Cameron lifted her onto the bed, with her thanks Cameron stood back, not wanting to be in the way.

“This is going to be cold.” The doctor said, putting gel onto Andrea’s stomach, silence filled the room as the doctor was searching for something.

A noise, a rhythmic beat was found, and the doctor looked at Andrea, saying, “Ah, there is your baby.”

Andrea looked at Cameron, who just listened to the magical heart of his unborn baby, with his eyes closed.

Too soon after, the doctor wrote down some numbers and then took the utensil that he was using away, Cameron wanted to look at it, his curiosity showing itself but thought he'd better not ask about it.

Moving to the computer, the doctor typed something in and then clicked on his mouse a few times.  Cameron helped Andrea down, figuring that was it and sat down beside her, waiting for the doctor to do or say something.

 

Finally, the doctor turned to them and said, “Ok, it looks like the heartbeat has become irregular to the chart, but don’t think it means anything, what I’m going to do is get Andrea to check up again tomorrow to make sure that there is nothing wrong. By then we will have results on yesterday’s test results also. Should have had them today but they have been rather frantic up there of late”

Andrea looked at Cameron, who looked down.

He breathed in and then looked up to speak to the doctor, “Is this an effect that a miscarriage may have?”

 

Andrea gave him a look but turned back to the doctor as he spoke, “I wouldn’t want to alarm you, certainly with the figures we have here, but it may be yes. But it may also mean that the baby may have moved more so yesterday and may be sleeping today. It could mean a few things. Maybe in the future something like this could be seen and things could be done to find out, but as of today we can only say so much.”

Cameron stood up, “We will, of course, be here tomorrow to make sure things are ok.”

Andrea also stood up and looked at the doctor, “Was there anything else?”

 

He walked towards the door, “Ah no, I’ll get you to come here tomorrow, about nine, and I’ll fit you in as soon as I can.” And he smiled.

Andrea walked out with Cameron, he took held of her hand and once the doctor had shut the door after them, he stopped her. “There is something you should know, and I really am unwilling to say it.”

Andrea licked her lips and looked up at him, “Would it have anything to do with you saying the M word in there?”

Cameron had the think for a moment to understand what the M meant, and then said, “Uh yes, Piet did come across his, uh, partner getting pregnant.”

 

Andrea looked away from him, and then breathed in, “And that’s what happened? She had a miscarriage?”

Cameron put his hands on both sides of her face and pulled her closer to him and said, “Yes, three times.”

Andrea nodded and closed her eyes. She felt him put his lips to hers and she put her hands up onto his back. His kiss was amazing, and she was allowing herself to forget what was happening to her unborn child, even for a little while.

Cameron heard that she wanted to forget the conversation, so for the next half hour of visiting time he told her some other points that Piet had brought up and Andrea was then up to date with information, like the rest of them. She did agree with the rest of them, that, Piet had been quite vague in his statements, and that when she gets a chance, she’ll try to meet up with him again to get some more information.

 

 

The question was still in the air as Connor and Amillia finished ordering what they were going to eat. Snide comments from Connor about the car drivers, waiters and the menu had made her laugh, but mature conversation had not developed between them since they left the house. Connor loved to make her laugh, but something was penetrating his thoughts, it was a question of will she still marry him after what Piet had told them.

Not knowing how the conversation would start, he was stopped by her words instead, “Yes Connor. As long as you want too as well.”

Connor saw that she was looking at him, waiting to hear his thoughts or to say something, “Well, yeah of course, why wouldn’t I? You’re like awesome! I want the lot babe! You know that friends and family stuff, but I just don’t know how that is going to happen.”

How can three months be enough time with her when he felt like he had waited for her his whole life!

 

Connor was looking at Amillia and she was speechless, he noted that time was of the essence and that he wanted to get things done as soon as possible, to have some kind of a fun fulfilled life with this beautiful young lady.

“Yes I know, I am not sure how to go about things either…I remember that if I wanted a wedding when I was last human, that it would be beautiful and full of family and friends but I’m not sure that is the way to go in this circumstance.”

That’s right, in both of their thoughts they knew that preparing a wedding might take three months all on its own, so…That was just something they couldn’t do…

Connor was all for a quick wedding, “Wanna go to Vegas?”

Amillia laughed, she had not thought that things would ever be in that kind of situation for her. But the idea did appeal to her. “It’s definitely an idea.”

Connor laughed, “That’s my girl.”

 

The drinks came to the table then and silence filled the cubicle. Connor was still lost in thought, he wanted to take her skydiving, take her to the zoo, see her response to elephants, and with that thought he shook his head. For some reason he was thinking like a girl, if that is how girls thought in the first place...

Amillia snuffled a giggle while listening to him. To hide her amusement, she had a sip of her drink, but she knew that he had seen her smile.

“Oh, and you have better ideas?”

 

Amillia thought that she did in fact have a better idea, and that was to stop her from getting cancer so that these awesome ideas wouldn’t have to be rushed!

She was silent for a moment, wondering if Connor would still love her if she came back fifty years later, like Piet had come back to Miranda. It seemed possible at the moment, but how would he feel then? Would there be an emotional change between them?

Amillia sipped another mouth full of her drink to try and disguise her feelings, it was then that she heard him speak, “It’s going to be hard isn’t it? To show you things and give you experiences…Well, for the time I have and the time that you may take to come back to me, I hope I can fit in as much as I can in three months!”

 

Connor was all for the romance, especially when it had the added bonus of the bedtime, but when he saw Amillia’s eyes fill with tears, it was the opposite reaction that he had craved for. He moved to her side of the cubicle and put his hands around her and wondered whether he should apologize or not. He decided against it, he knew that if he did it, it wouldn’t be who he was and if she liked him for him, then why bother?

Amillia nearly choked and after he helped her cough, he realized that she was now suddenly laughing…He had forgotten for the moment that she could read his thoughts! How annoying that must be for her, to be inside his head all the time!

 

Amillia finished coughing and started nodding, “Ha, yes it can be. And very different at the same time. Everyone I could hear before you were so…formal, then you…You are so, I don’t even know what it is on how you think, it’s like you mock people all the time and you’re a laughingstock. I don’t know how I could take anything serious while I’m inside your head.”

Connor smiled and said, “Well, then you know my defense, now for my offence!”

Amillia wasn’t ready for his kiss! She didn’t understand this man and she may never, but she loved how he could still surprise her, even if she could read his thoughts!

Amillia was surprised though that he thought of his dad not more than a second after they finished kissing and wondered whether to ask her about his dad or not.

 

Connor asked her that he would like to take her to meet his dad and, of course, his mum as well, after dinner, and if she would mind.

Amillia sat back further and looked at him, “Are you sure?”

Connor showed no emotion on his face but of course she heard them, he was worried about what his dad would say, what he would do and with the fact he hasn’t talked to him for about a month and his dad would most likely say something about that!

Amillia asked, “Maybe another time then?”

Connor sighed, at that moment he was glad that she could read his mind, as it seemed that he wasn’t ready yet.

Connor was stopped to get a drink by her hand, then she said, “But maybe it would be good to go see him, since we have so little time, I would like to meet him, I know you feel ill of him but I’d still like to form my own opinion. And it may very well get the intended fight out of the way, since you seem to think that’s what is going to happen anyway.”

 

Connor was silent, his hand was still, he could only see his father yelling at him and telling him other things, except that he was proud of him…With that thought, he wanted sex, sex he was sure, would help the situation tremendously!

Amillia took her hand away and sat closer to him, and whispered in his ear, “It is only death that comes after life Connor, what is there to be feared off? Strangely, besides your love, anything less than that for me seems a little bit insignificant”

The sudden change in his images, to his father dying in cartoon, made her laugh. Then himself laughing at a big cartoon smoke saying 'boom', making her laugh even more.

 

Amillia could feel his acceptance in seeing his father and felt overwhelmed with pride. He seemed to give that feeling to her without even realizing it…It’s just, what he said was true. If he just kept up and just being who he was, she felt like she would fall for him over and over again!

…In the next half an hour, she knew that he was feeling sicker by the minute, as they got closer and closer to their destination. She made light conversation to try and set his mind at ease, but it was becoming more difficult then she had originally thought!

1