OP Hunter
82 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dungeon was a cavern with torches stuck to the wall, giving sufficient illumination. The ground had a rocky texture--how there were occasional corpses and skeletons gave me shivers.

Although our cooperation went better than expected..the rowdy guy didn't continue to cause trouble.

He sliced the enemies like butter, while the glasses girl kept landing headshots after another.

The tank kept the enemies occupied; the rogue searched for traps and scouted ahead; the priest gave buffs and healed their injuries.

Textbook approach.

The instructor stood rearmost, keeping a close look at me and Kazushi. There weren't any chances to fight.

As a result, we're carrying the monster drops on a large backpack. It wasn't that heavy and I welcome the increase in attributes over time. Poor Kazushi though, he seemed out of breath from time to time.

The instructor tapped my shoulders, "I don't think I can give you a good evaluation with this--ain't necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it happens and many lives are lost."

His expression was pretty grim. It's like something he personally experienced way back.

"Y-yeah, it's better if things went smoothly. No risk to our lives..."

Kazushi stuttered; he nearly dropped his spear a few times before the instructor tapped him on the shoulders.

"You're still a young Hunter. With dedication, hard work, and the company of good teammates, I'm sure you'll do well."

I got the feeling Kazushi is some kind of lucky bastard. He'd definitely find a good teammate, but me? I don't think so.

My low-key act may be stupid.

It's recommended to get a strong class and win their acknowledgment early on by doing my best.

...but that wasn't my thing.

I prefer to do it stealthily, silently. Getting stronger when no one noticed. I can be free to do whatever I want, going Solo—not having to put up with anyone.

I had no need for resources. My gacha gave me:

One red (epic) weapon. It was a pistol which shoots auras that ignore defense. It costs one mana or stamina to fire either magical or physical damage. It also comes with a silencer and it can turn invisible.

One yellow (legendary) armor. It has self-repair function, invisible to others, and will negate any attacks at this point. It also has a built-in stealth function.

The rest is a couple of large EXP flasks, it will give me enough to jump twenty levels. I'm just saving it after I get the strongest class available. The rests are recovery potions and some strange bags of dust that can upgrade my weapon effects. I can grind my useless equipment for it.

I don't like how gaining classes is like fate...hmm...

What if--it ain't decided by fate? More about discovering myself bit by bit...finding what works most with me.

They're only tools. What's most important is the user. One thing for sure, I'm not the jack of all trades kinda type. I'm too lazy to learn everything.

While I was lost in my thought, getting all bored from carrying the luggage, I notice, the region we're in seem unfamiliar.

The instructor sighed behind my back—I could care less.

Eventually, we were right outside the boss room.

It's a strong demon. Its body was completely black, it had three heads shaped like a dragon, dog, and sheep. One of its wings resembling a dragon, the other's a phoenix's. It stood there unmoving—it's killing intent still froze almost everyone on the spot.

To me, however...

[You have resisted.]

[The effect of Silent Angel Platemail's resistance, rendered Demon Chimera's intimidation moot!]

"Instructor..."

"Is this for real? Do we have to defeat this?"

"First of all, please calm yourselves down. I'm going to contact the Hunter's Association."

This one's too good to pass up. Equipping my invisible gun, I triggered the aim assist mode and fired many times from far away. There was no sound, nor turbulence.

The advantage of this gun, it had no damage falloff. Seeing as the Boss just stood like an idiot made it a piece of cake.

I don't know about the other projectile weapons they have, but seeing as I hadn't heard people mobbing the Boss from outside—there must be something 'bout this gun.

Maybe it's the flaw of the Dungeon System. While outside, it would shield the monster with the invulnerable barrier, to the attackers outside the Boss room.

While this gun had the effect of ignoring defense completely. All attacks would hit one hundred percent if I knew how to aim.

My aim is shit, by the way. If it actually moved a bit, I was guaranteed to miss for sure.

It was odd--why didn't the Chimera scream in pain at all? It's like someone deliberately served this cake in a silver platter to me.

Eh, it doesn't matter. I'll welcome this easy pie. It's definitely since I'm handsome enough, the gods took notice of my charm.

"Sir...what are you..."

"Shhh...it's shadow shooting, it might improve my skills if I aim at a strong monster."

"...that's weird."

Thank goodness Kazushi bought my bullshit.

It's surprisingly weak?

...or was the epic-rated weapon too strong?

Moreover, it's quite strange nobody ever noticed something strange 'bout my actions. Oh right, they're busy discussing among themselves—already giving up on the Boss Raid.

...after some gibberish I couldn't quite hear, they all stood in unison and walked whence we came from.

"Sir, you're gonna get left behind at this rate."

"Ah yes, coming up."

Bringing up the rear, I took the last shot, before the monster turned to bits and particles.

[You have gained ... experience and ... gold!]

[You have leveled...]

Thankfully, there's no party system. The experienced gained is proportional to the amount of personal contribution.

I went to level 40 in one go...that's pretty nice.

More importantly, this class...

[Unknown-ranked class, Shameless Cheater, unlocked!]

Shameless Cheater? I do enjoy cheating once in a while in games.

I'll take it as a compliment.

I took a good moment observing the skills and status point growth.

It has a maximum growth rate for the Luck stat, which doesn't really grow for most classes. Luck, with dexterity, affects critical hit rate and the possibility of getting Fate to babysit you.

There are ones like Gambler but they're practically useless in dungeon hunting.

Luck's effect was pretty negligible. A lot of mid to high-level enemies have Critical-Resistance. A certain S-rank Hunters even made fun of people who tried to build Luck.

"Relying on Luck is proof that you have no skill. A Hunter is all about skills. If you don't have them, just crawl back to your mother's womb."

I never liked that guy.

Since I gained levels and acquired my class, the growth increased from my initial level.

Aside from abnormal growth in Luck, it's practically an all-rounder. I can go Jack-of-all-trades...but why bother?

Since the growth kicks from my current level, the benefits are enormous. Not to mention, I got an extra skill point per three levels.

I'm now comparable to an A-rank Hunter.

As for the skills, I pick...

Damn, there's just so much to read.

I spent nearly an hour, while deliberately slowing down my pace so I wouldn't go ahead too much.

Alright, let's go with this...

Sniper. It will make me crit all the time with my monstrous luck stat, as long I wield a gun.

[Roll random numbers depending on your Luck digits. If it's equal or lower than your current Luck, you will crit. The critical damage and additional effect depends on how many Luck digits you have]

Slayer. Same as Sniper, but with a melee weapon, you can't be too careful.

Better Criticals. It will increase my critical damage. Since I would be critting all the time, this is the go to.

[Increase Critical Rate, Critical Damage, and it has a chance to Ignore the Enemy's Defenses.]

Awareness is also necessary, especially with someone head-up-the-clouds like me.

[Immunity Sneak-attacks. You can sense enemy danger from far away.]

I also took Medic skills that increase the recovery amount from using potions and stuff. I had lots of them in my Inventory.

Since I'd be going alone, I also took Robot Engineering. Since it was treated as equipment, they would also crit all the time.

...and Alchemy I guess. It could let me create materials by paying Mana, Health, and Stamina. I had tons of them.

Not to mention, I'll pick Emergency Escape. It can teleport me to the nearest 'Secure Place' in Town and it'll automatically trigger once per day, whenever I would receive a fatal blow.

There are still a lot of points left—I will cross the bridge when I get there.

As for the innate skills of [Shameless Cheater]...

There is no maximum health, mana, or stamina. If you keep consuming the Items or healing yourself, you can increase it to ridiculous amounts.

It also had a lot faster regeneration rate, especially when I'm resting.

A free skill point per three levels, and five extra stat points per level. I had tons to assign and at this point, I couldn't bother much and just distribute them equally.

The best of all was the [Save Point] ability.

If you eventually died, you will revive at a designated location. It only works if you died inside a Dungeon.

Plus, it had drawbacks of losing experience and few items. Thankfully, with this [Save Point] the weapons won't drop, for lucky bastards to take advantage of it.

Nevertheless, it's good to have dual-layered insurance.

==

In the end, my evaluation was the same as anyone. While it's nothing special, I also got a good bonus from the [Tutorial] mission issued by the System. Right after beating the Boss, I also got few titles like

[Demon Slayer: greatly increase damage to demon/dark types.]

[Hero: increase abilities while fighting a strong opponent.]

[Silent Assassin: guaranteed critical hits and chance to insta-kill an enemy on sneak attacks.]

[Gunman: increased proficiency for gun weapons.]

[Shameless: you have no shame.]

From the Tutorial, I got tons of experience, many stat and skill points. I was so excited about trying to build my prowess, from my casual video games knowledge.

Rather than trying again, I went home. Many followed suit since apparently, their Tutorial mission was deemed [Complete] for an unknown reason.

Even the Instructor found it hard to believe.

Deep down, I feel glad for involuntarily helping them. Dungeons are a threat to Humanity. Having an increase in general fighting strength is welcome.

Taking the Bus back, I stretched my arms. Kazushi snored all the time, he's like an overgrown baby.

...and well, I finally became OP.

Not that OP, but at least I could breeze through most dungeons accessible.

I had enough work, it's time to rest and have fun with my newly acquired skills.

...and finally quit my boring job as an office worker for good.

My Glorious Hunter Life finally begins.

I had fun writing this.

1