Thank You
117 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First of all, I want to thank...myself for all my past efforts.

For always being with me, in times of sadness and grief; in times of love and joy.

When others left and abandoned me, you're the only one that's always there. Yet, it's always you who I appreciate the least. I took your contributions for granted because we're one and the same.

For that...I'm so sorry.

You have your own feelings, yet it took too long for me to realize.

You have done so much, yet so rarely I ever returned the favor.

I know why I always yearned for appreciation.

It's not like I wasn't appreciated. It feels empty, since the most important person all along, myself—turned a blind eye on my own efforts.

I forgot the days where I worked on something I could deem as precious.

I took those compliments for granted; neglecting my own self-worth.

I'm not sure about my goals in life. I'm just grateful for myself, that right now, I'm alive and healthy.

My working environment is relatively chill. I could sleep at a healthy schedule, up to 8 hours a day. Got home at night and off to work in the morning.

I'm grateful that my bed's always comfy and I could sleep well at night. The soft breeze from the air conditioner truly sets up the mood.

I live under a sturdy roof all this time. No matter wind and rain, I always felt secure.

When I woke up, a delicious breakfast was ready. Every single day, I could eat delicious food. I don't have to worry 'bout getting hungry.

I had a computer, internet connection and tons of novels, anime, and manga I could enjoy every single day. Also, tons of interesting articles and knowledge waiting to be discovered. Lots of games to play, although I don't have much time, it's enough to have fun.

I realize, in my life, I don't have to worry about anything.

Not even raising a family and having children. It was a pain.

Maybe, when I found a special someone, I will think about it. If I'm not with them, it has no meaning.

It's a kind of unpopular opinion: I don't think everyone has to be with someone. You don't have to rush them during youth lest you'll end up with someone you'll regret.

Even with a special someone, my care for them should be genuine, rather than obligation.

Maybe I'll end up being alone until my death. It's alright; I don't want someone else to decide whether my life is precious or not.

I don't wanna force myself to look for someone. Despite their importance, they're simply a luxury in life, not a necessity.

I felt my eyes opening.

It's through appreciating myself as I am, that I began to free myself from my past misery. I won't let everyone else control my life and render me miserable.

It's my own decision to be happy, and I will always have the final say, not them.

For that, thank you again, myself. For reminding me, that my life is worth living for.

4