Chuuni Battlemage x Loli Demon Queen
207 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seems to happen so long ago. The feel of my metallic eyepatch; the fluttering of my magus hat and cloak. The durable scale pants and boots that trampled upon this fiery domain. My belt containing my secondary weapon and Grimoire, alongside the recovery items in my inventory.

Cries of human and demon armies resounded all over; the clash of weapons and flashing lights of myriad colors. Inhumane roars and screams; accompanied by explosions and tremors.

Wielding a staff with a dragon-shaped head, I mowed down the army of demons and their generals with my comrades. Alas, we finally stepped onto the stage of reckoning.

The Demon Queen looked down at us. A pale-skinned young girl around her early teens. Her breathtaking appearance and the sigh she let out, seem to weigh as much as the world itself. Giving the impression of a living doll containing powers able to unseal the Black Dragon within me.

She didn't attack right away; she looked apathetic before our presence.

"That fiend took us lightly." a scornful remark came from the man beside me, a light-skinned Elf with blond hair and green eyes. Donning a light armor emphasizing his slender, well-built physique. In contrast, his gaze was extremely sharp; wouldn't be strange if he ever killed someone with that alone.

On his back were holstered twin longswords. With a wave of his hand, an arrow made out of pure Mana imbued with killing intent notched onto his longbow.

"Do not be hasty, effeminate knife-ear. If the Demon Queen allowed us such leeway--she's either trying to trap us, or whatever best card we have wouldn't faze her."

A deep and hoarse voice made me jump for a bit, but the contents of his words were calm and composed.

It came from a short, but muscular man clad in shiny armor, standing in ready with his ax and shield. He seems to be a dwarf.

"It's too late for such cowardly act, you shorty drunken fatass! It's already our final fight and we have to strike. The spirits' anger was too much for me to bear—it's high time for vengeance—Demon Army shall be no longer."

"Calm down. We best think of a plan."

It was a sharp, dignified call from a silver-haired young lady emitting a white light exuding solemnity. She had white wings on her back and a halo; wearing a priestly robe which concealed her womanly curves. She held a white spear with such concentrated holy energy.

"You know I can't go against you, Random Angel..."

"Good boy. Now what do you think, Void Magician Suoh?" the angel glanced at me and said the title borne of my dark past.

"If she didn't fight right away? Maybe we should be a little bit more civilized and use our Words of Power to crumble her Fighting Spirit. In my World of Void, fights didn't necessarily have to be solved through brawn."

Violence is only an option.

"As expected from the Void Magician." Shorty Drunken Fatass let out a voice of admiration.

I nodded few times; one hand covering a part of my glorious visage.

It has to be attributed more to my glorious past life, bathed in the blood of millions of fallen angels.

"Well, Suoh. If anyone could connect via words to the Demon Queen, wars like this would not happen in the first place, but if it's you—it might just work." Effeminate Knife-ear finally stepped back and crossed his arms.

"Right? Suoh and the Demon Queen's probably the closest one in terms of wavelength." Random Angel added even more fuel to the fire.

Outside of my own control, I broke into a smug smile as I made my cloak flutter with a wave of my hand and fixed the position of my hat.

"Demon Queen of Chaos! Do you not wish to rekindle your fighting spirit and burn this entire place with our clashing flames??"

"Whaaat..."

Her replies were devoid of energy. Bearing a totally dumbfounded look whilst tilting her head.

"Ahem! What Yours Truly said, in the tongue of my not-kin: why don't you fight?"

"Don't want to."

"Then surrender to the humanity for the crimes you had committed." Effeminate Knife-ear was about to fire his arrow before Random Angel raised her hand and he ceased his movement.

"What crime? Everything was General. Me—I don't care. People fun, I listen—but you, no fun—I kill. Burn world and kill, fun. Fighting, not fun—die."

Out of sudden, a message box popped in front of me.

[Demon Queen was about to cast 'Instant Death'. Target: Effeminate Knife-ear]

It's none other than the power from my past life, the magnificent Codex of Wisdom. It was able to accurately predict a Fatal attack from an enemy, its target and trajectory.

I saw the magic circles forming on the spot he's standing and a sphere of light came rushing.

My body moved arbitrarily; I took out my dragon staff and swung it full force towards the sphere.

My hands felt so heavy and I heard cracking noises on my beloved dragon staff which held the grandeur of my past life. There was a sense of impending death throttled the Power of My Void to its limits just to dispel such power.

After moments of struggling, with both Shorty Drunken Fatass and Random Angel aiding me with their buff spells, I was able to cancel her magic.

"Suoh...do you hate fun?" Demon Queen tilted her head puzzedly; no signs emotion was apparent on her.

She was now speaking in the Demon language, which I happen to master along my journey due to how cool-sounding it was. Different than when she spoke Mankind tongue, it was a lot less restrained and whatever my comrades hear—they may not be happy with it.

I replied in her language.

Her face brightened a bit...

"I don't think this was the right way to have fun."

"Reaaaaly...the generals all said it's okay. Why do Suoh say it's not?"

"Let me ask back--why do you think killing someone is fun?"

"I wonder. They said it's fun but I felt nothing. Suoh, is this what fun is? Feeling nothing, empty."

"No, that's wrong. If you truly have fun, you would be happy."

"Happy? I don't understand, Suoh."

"I don't get it myself. You see—it's just—me feeling all warm. Something that makes me wanna smile, laugh and move my body around. When I'm happy, it truly makes my day."

Demon Queen kept nodding as I talked. While her expression was still deadpan, I saw glowing lights around her.

"Suoh, how do people in your world have fun?"

"Uh...as for me, I love to play games. Sure it sucks not being able to play for such a long time, but I always long for the time I could go back to my world."

"All for the sake of playing games?"

"Yes. Do you understand now?"

"Alicia."

"What?"

"That is my name. Suoh, among those who speak the same language as me, you're the only one able to understand me."

"Do you wish to be my kin, Alice?"

"Alice?"

"That's the nickname for you, ah yes—people like me also like to call it along with your title—yours might be—Demon Queen Alice, mayhaps?"

"Then, I'll be in your care, Void Magician Suoh."

The moment I came to her and held hands together, as a declaration of friendship—a blinding light enveloped us both.

...

I woke up from my dream.

"Funyaaan...Suoh...play games with me..."

...and for some reason, Alice was sleeping right beside me.

This was quite troubling but...first things first.

"Awww..."

My cheeks hurt after slapping it a few times.

"Mmm...what are you doing, Suoh?"

Seeing as the loli demon queen were so defenseless in my room...I couldn't help but smile wryly.

"Err...welcome to my world, I guess?"

"Uuu? Are you really Suoh?"

The moment I sensed the fraction of overwhelming power exploding, I could feel the entire room shaking.

"[Void Magic]."

As I blurted out the Ancient Legendary Words from my past life, her powers dispersed onto the Abyss of the Void.

...and Alice broke to a smile and wrapped her arms around me.

Covering my face with my right hand...the rush of having my powers unsealed was truly gratifying.

"Mwahahahahahahaha—"

"...I'm hungry, Suoh."

Ah, I really got too overboard.

She might just become weaker since the mana on Earth works differently. It takes a while to get accustomed to.

"Err...alright. Let's go on and have breakfast, shall we?"

"Nn."

...and that's how my new life with Alice had begun.

With the new powers I gained, it was followed by a series of events unfolding—just like a third-rate light novel.

...but that's not really important.

I'm happy as long me and Alice could play games together.

It's a joyful occasion for the sleeping Black Dragon inside of me, to see my kin engrossing herself in the role of Demonic Sovereign of Eternal Darkness. Her controller at hand, intense fights unfolding before me.

In the end, she was defeated.

I told her 'it's fine' while patting her head. With a dejected look, she brushed her clothes against mine. Her smile went back the moment she sipped the vegetable juice.

"I'm gonna try it again until I beat him!"

"Do your best, Alice."

"No hints!"

"Affirmative, my Queen."

"Uuu...you sure love teasing me aren't you, Suoh."

"You're just fun to tease."

"I call it! When I finally beat him, you'll treat me to konbu."

"I will if I have money."

"Che..."

"Hahahaha."

It took her a few attempts. Using the Pyrokinesis ability on its abdomen, she was able to deal with continuous critical hits while focusing on evasion. A cheese cat and mouse strategy, but hey, it works.

I already prepared a box of konbu just in case. Her precious expression while munching the treat was truly a far cry to her lifeless past.

Hey, Alice...

What's most important, is to always have fun.

"Un."

After all, that's what games are made for--right?

"Nn!"

I patted her head and played with her silky hair. She's humming the boss fight tune in response.

Today's indeed, a beautiful day.

I didn't really specify whether Suoh is male or female. I knew one female Suoh in Flowers ~ le volume sur printemps.

I also knew a male Suoh, I think it's from Persona 2 Eternal Punishment.

This can be GL or not depending on how you see it, I guess.

1