Evil God
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"No more, please. No more, I beg of you, have mercy."

A guard, dressed in leather armor and boots, stomped on a middle-aged man in tattered clothing. One of his arms was just severed, the other's mangled beneath the guard's feet.

He made a disgusting smile, before kicking the man out few yards, coughing mouthfuls of blood along the way.

His fervent cries made no ripple in this bustling town. A medieval place with horse carriages kicking clouds of dust, along a putrid scent of dung.

I really felt sorry for that person.

How could someone be that cruel? What kind of wrong did that man commit, to deserve such pain?

...but I was afraid of standing up. I don't want the next person to be me. People around seem to have the same idea, as they moved along, minding their business.

I'm just someone from the peaceful Earth; I have no knowledge of martial arts.

The last time I fought someone physically was during my childhood.

I took a glance at my clothes. A simple leather garb commoners wore. My wallet had only several coppers.

My mother told me to buy ingredients for dinner. The market's that way.

After a round of haggling, I went back right away.

My little brothers and sisters waited impatiently at the entrance. They're so noisy and I wish they'd hands-off. I almost cursed when one of my brothers nearly spilled the contents.

As I entered the house, what came next made me loosen my grip.

The same guard was sitting at the dining table, conversing with my mother. He look so amiable and carefree, I couldn't see the trace of evil on him.

"Ah, son. Good timing."

The guard gave me a warm smile.

Is this person my Father?

"I'm putting the groceries first."

The dinner table was big enough for all of us.

Right after I said so, my siblings clamored around the guard. My youngest sister on his lap, while my younger brothers got head pats. He personally greeted the older children, gesturing them to sit down.

What he had to say only came during dinner.

It's so quiet. Not even the youngest kids dared to be noisy.

"Son." the guard looked straight at me, "I saw you in the market district."

I swallowed my saliva.

'What now? Is he gonna lash me in front of everyone?'

No.

He simply let out a few deep sighs.

"You're old enough to understand. Life isn't kind. If I don't give my all, none of you can eat each day."

"I know." that's what I'd like to say.

...but I can't get the words outta my mouth.

"My job is not secure. One day, I no longer can earn bread." his expression turned dark, "Son, I don't ask you to take responsibility for the family. What is it, that you want to do?"

"I don't know." again, the words just wouldn't come out.

The guard just smiled, "I am the same as you. When my father asked the same question, I was unable to answer."

Speaking of which, I never met my grandfather.

"In the end, I'm just going with the flow. To have a good life, no matter what kind of job—I'll take whatever comes to me.

But I don't want you to repeat the same mistake. It may be my selfish whims, but I hope you become a somebody. As the eldest son, you're the hope of this family. If you have anything you're passionate about, please tell us. If you want to go to school, we have some savings ready."

"Father, I..."

"You're still young. Take your time and never rush your goals."

At that point, a young girl's voice echoed in my mind. Her tone's laden with countless passing of time.

"How about becoming a god? No matter what you pursue, you're still a mortal. You're powerless. You can't protect anyone. You can't make Fate obey your whims. Your Father has sinned too much, he'll be judged soon.

Your family would fall into poverty and all of you will become slaves. Your father and your brothers would be raped by savage criminals."

Becoming a god? Me?

I have decided.

"Father...I wish to become the Evil God."

Despite my absurd reply, the reception's so warm.

"Son, I am proud of you. I'm sure you'll make an awesome Evil God."

"...but is it alright? Something like an Evil God..."

Mother, who had been silent all this time, rested her hand on my shoulders, "Dear, what matters most is your dream. No need to be ashamed. Not everyone has dreams and goals like you do, have confidence!"

Father followed suit, "For the time being, let's start by collecting the blood of fallen angels and the sealed wings of a black dragon. Anyone with me?"

"Yes!"

"I want to become the Evil God's subordinate one day!"

Many years had passed since then.

My clothes tailored from black dragon scales.

Pubic hairs of fallen angels formed my throne.

My cronies were trustworthy generals.

I drank my enemies' blood from their skulls. An eyepatch sealed my Evil Eye. If I lose control, the world will face destruction.

As an Evil God, the biggest impression was...my constipation.

1