Ch 3
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3:

Damien arrived at the army control where there were fifty soldiers and ten trucks, he was carrying a backpack full of dry rations, water and an old machete, that is, it is not made of beast materials like current weapons (only weapons have been made cold with beast materials) but obviously Damien can't afford a weapon like that. There was enough food to ensure that he would not go hungry for four days.

"Please let me scan your chip," said one staff member evenly.

The officer took his arm and scanned it without expression, gave him a quick glance, and motioned for him to get into the truck that was going to take them into the woods.

There were already ten other teenagers in the truck, and also two soldiers who looked at them with boredom. It took them half an hour to get down a bumpy road.

When they arrived at the place, it seemed to him that what he saw was something surreal, neither he nor the previous owner of the body had seen something so beautiful.

‘So this is what the forest looks like, trees seem to be made of millions of vibrant crystals. How magical! 'Damien couldn't help but think.

Looking far away, there were only red trees of different heights in all directions, each of the trees seemed unique.

The military indicated to him and the other people that they would set up a camp at the entrance and wait for them for three days.

“If after three days you are not here we will give you up for dead and you will have to return to the city on your own. We are going to start counting from now, and we are not going to delay even one second ”

Ruby trees have a basaltic composition so they release hot gases. As soon as he entered he could see that it was very hot, it was very difficult for him to breathe because the air was very dry although it is very difficult to run through the hot and rugged terrain, Damien had already encountered similar situations in the war so he could still resist it.

He advanced as fast as he could for the first kilometer, He just hear the croaking of some fire-spitting toads in the distance. The air was dry and there was little that could retain the heat of the day, because of this it was hotter than normal, at least today is cloudy.

After passing this stage, he found a small stream, cautiously walked towards the clear current and advanced along it, since it will be more difficult to get lost. He had only wanted to wash his face when suddenly he heard a bellow.

"Two tail rabbit?" Damien suddenly stood still as he carefully watched the pet eating an apple a few meters away.

The power of a hired beast was decided by its stages, and the stages could be improved by fighting, among other methods. As long as they were well trained, they could always improve.

Thus, stages were not an accurate measure of a pet's potential. Quality is the most important indicator.

The quality of a species showed the advantage of a beast.

Two pets could be in the same stage, however the beast with a medium quality rank would be much stronger than the soul pet with a low quality rank. This was an inherent advantage.

Two-tailed rabbit monsters were had a rather meek personality, more like they relate to humans, that's why it was a popular choice for rookies who don't want to engage in fighting, so if Damien didn't bother him, he wouldn't be attacked . As Damien saw that there was no danger he chose to wash his face with the water first, after energizing he decided to continue on his way.

Suddenly, a shrill voice sounded at full volume.

"Come on make a contract with me bunny please!"

Damien immediately looked over there and saw a girl with two pigtails dressed in bubblegum pink trying to launch a contract.

"Don't even try to steal my bunny, it's mine and nobody else's!" Although Damien said nothing, he could see the girl's maddened smile, happy to have launched his pact. But the rabbit did not have an expression of happiness but of fear.

Damien smiled ambiguously and decidedly walked away as quickly as possible.

‘I better get out of here before the rabbit runs away from that spoiled brat and the rabbit uses me as cover and that crazy woman blames me’

Damien prepared a lot of food and water for this long walk. On the first day, he drove about five kilometers before the sky darkened.

He had prepared his machete a long time ago, cutting an entire path through the thick undergrowth.

‘According to the military, the high thorny areas were the dividing lines between the middle and outer parts of the forest, so under no circumstances should I cross them, or I will not even know how I died.’

The forest was divided into three stages, the outer one where there are only beasts in childhood, the middle one where there are beasts up to the soldier phase and the inner one where the strongest beasts are out of phase.

Damien suddenly felt a prick in his ankles. Turning around, he saw it:

It was a plant that curled around his ankle

"Paralyzing green rose!" Three words immediately came up in Damien's head.

‘How could my luck be so bad?’

[Paralyzing green rose]

Level 1

Likes: Likes to capture creatures that walk through the woods

Phase: childhood

Quality: common

Attribute: poison

Strength: 1.8 Speed: 0.5 Intelligence: 0.2 Soul: 10/10 (Recovery 1 / min) Health: 1.6 / 1.6

Skills: none (Cannot learn skills in childhood)

Weaknesses: weak body.

Amount of soul needed for the contract: 10

Requirements for quality promotion:….

Without much time to think about the danger, Damien quickly grabbed his machete tightly, huddled his body, and, with the pain of the brambles that pierced his ankle, turned to the cocoon!

Damien used a lot of force to cut it, so the Rose was injured accordingly, green liquid dripping from its amputated flower.

Kicking the rose, Damien did not dare to stay any longer, since even though the rose has a weak body it is not possible that he did much damage. Holding his machete, he quickly crawled through the undergrowth, escaping from the clutches of the paralyzing green Rose!

Lunging madly through the woods, he dared not pause for a second.

The weed forest seemed endless. Damien was already so tired that he couldn't breathe.

‘This body is not strong enough yet’

A few bright rays of moonlight passed between the trees, and he could see that the undergrowth was finally becoming increasingly sparse. Finally, he was able to verify that the rose was no longer trying to capture him, so he was able to escape, leaving only minor injuries to his foot and ankle.

“The good news is that the paralyzing green rose beast is only the childhood stage of level one. If I was a little stronger, I would have been in danger! "

Damien crouched down behind a large rock, breathing heavily as he thought as he caught his breath. Then he found a nearby tree and climbed up so he could rest until the next day that he would have to find his partner. His body was covered in bloodstains, and Damien dared not do anything more extreme. After all, some beasts had extremely developed senses of smell, such as the ghost wolf or the unicorn tiger.

He clean the wound with water and use a liana and a clean sheet to stop the bleeding. Then he went to sleep.

2