Ch.4 – The Deal
257 13 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pallula's mind felt like it was breaking.
She was everywhere and nowhere, both young and old, alive and dead as the voices of time spoke of the history of her world and the many worlds around them. She was being told Everything and yet could hold onto nothing. She was nothing.

A soft voice spoke down to her but its words were but light and will and she didn't know how to understand them.
She clutched her head together afraid that if she let go for even a moment she would crack open and fall apart. There was no room for anything else but knowledge and with a deep fear she knew she'd lose herself to it.

Her soul trembled against the weight of what she was being told.
But a great clawed hand curled around her splintering self and pulled.

A soft ringing woke Pallula from her place on the crystalline floor. Murmurs drifted around her as if a crowd conversing with itself about soft things. She was filled with pain as she tried to remember the steps of how to hold herself together against the oceanous knowing, panic filled her veins as she pushed against her skin to keep it from peeling away. Her frantic motions slowed and her mind clicked back into place, ".....I don't have to do this."

Pushing herself up she found her head to be in one piece and unharmed,"What.. happened..where.." She looked up and saw the place for the first time. It had the same look of the dungeon she had been trapped in but, it was beautiful and bright. Plants bloomed on every surface swaying in the gentle breeze that flowed in from large windows.

The murmuring crowd that had been around her had been nothing but twirls of wind and left her alone kneeling at the center.
The ringing stopped and she focused.

A great masked figure laid gently against an intricately carved altar as her hair floated in the air long and unrestrained as if it were the wind itself. Her dress fluttered lightly with the soft sound of rustling feathers as she played with the many pendants swirling around her long neck. 
 

The pale white figure pushed herself upright with her four hands and looked down at Pallula with a heavy tiredness and spoke.

-Your mind was traveling but I have focused it here-

The memory of the dream bright and clear rushed back to her now that she was back in a dreaming world. And very suddenly Pallula knew who she was, "I- I know you- You called my name, in the dream. You're Lament."

-  And you are the traveler who walked into my temple and stood above my altar.-

Confusion washed over Pallula, she hadn't been to any temple recently or at the very least not one formed under Lament's name. There weren't any temples like that, at least not anymore... ," You're not a story?" So many questions bubbled up but the one before her was a goddess of legend. Who would be brave enough to demand answers from a goddess.

Lament tilted her masked face - I have been as I always have been. If a bit not.-

Her eyes glittered with the moons light - You are here for a Reason -

Pallula couldn't look away from the goddess, her body and being feathery and light, in motion but still, it was so different, "I... I was looking for a way to escape the dungeon I'm trapped in... and to free a siren who's trapped there too, but it was too much. There was SO much!" She covered her face shaking lightly in the memory of the universe.

-I would have a deal and give freedom in return for it -

Pallula looked up at her desperation lacing her voice,"But- You're a goddess what can I do for you?"

Lament waved a hand gesturing to the sunlit room - This was what my temple once was, My most beloved worshiper built this to be closest to me, but time and entrapment took her from me and this small temple fell -

Pallula looked around at the wind shaped people who stood at attention as if playing a memory too distant for details. Lament caressed what would be a face of one of the figures.

-She had fled my main temple, she spoke of too many rules that kept her disconnected from my love, She could not house my body but it was and is my place of dreaming -

Lament's hand crushed the figure - She was my champion and held my blessing, she was to free me, years took her, took all, held me - The goddess held tight to the altar, her body a figure of grief and pain.

Pallula looked away nervously, "I- I'm not sure- what do you mean free you?"

-If you wish to be free you will devote yourself to my cause, find my champion and bring them back to me -

Pallula turned to face Lament fully, "But you just said your champion was dead! How can I find her?"

The goddess seemed to sigh and spoke as if to a child - My champion had family and down it my blessing passed, find my blessing to find my now champion, I will send you as one of my children though long separated we are, this will free you and you, your siren -

"Wait- wait wait wait wait. Send me as one of your children? Wait even if that could happen, I still don't know how to 'find a blessing'. it'd be like.. finding... a piece of wind in a storm. You can't even see wind!" Pallula felt lost.

-You will know, as all my children do, there will be a knowing, Do you agree or will you die in my temple with your siren -

Pallula paused, her dream was coming to an end, the waters burning from the edges, "I.. agree."

- we have a deal -

---

She woke with a deep and all consuming hunger.
Just beyond the dark walls that locked her away there was a mighty storm raging and she needed it. She pushed and pushed against the wall but it only creaked and did not bend.

She opened her sharp toothed mouth and screamed.

I was trying to write a silly dumb story and somehow it got away from me and now I care about it too much.
This part was meant to be much shorter but then it wasn't and here we are! In any case I have the next few events mapped out and shouldn't be too much of an issue! There may or may not be some errors in this chapter, I finally got it written in a way I liked very last minute >V>'' 

The Goddess Lament's Appearance: 

Spoiler

The Goddess Lamet

[collapse]

So anyway hopefully you enjoyed the chapter!
Drop me a comment to let me know what you thought!
And/or please consider faving the chapter or rating the story!! n V n !!
Thank you very much!!

See you all Next Friday!

5