Chapter 61. Nephilim
3.5k 0 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 61. Nephilim
Lilieth's PoV
The morning sun was shining brightly. We have now returned to Vance's mansion, Ironshade Town. Diorix had left accompanied by a number of Vance's subordinates to another city to carry out my order, searching for information about the Aeros' royal family especially about the crown prince Reyn, while I had ordered Arcania to handle the mansion's security. 
Meanwhile, we are still in the living room. Although Sarael has agreed to come with us because of Tania, I still have to be careful with him. He is not my servant while his nature is very different from Andrew's childish and innocent nature. His possessiveness to Tania is very clear, while he puts his arrogant act to others.
"What do you know about that mysterious couple?" I said opening our conversation.
"I just met that man today. I know very little about them, as far as I know, their master is an important person from the kingdom, because she always calls him 'His Majesty' ."
"Their master?" I said in confusion.
A trifling chuckle came out of his mouth.
"Both of them are not human. Don't tell me you don't know that?"
I was surprised to hear that because I thought they were both a pyromancer and a cryomancer. Although I feel strange since I'm not sure if they are human or not.
"If not humans, then what are they?"
"They are elemental spirits, High elemental spirits that already take human form to be precise," he clarified.
My shock and confusion were clearly seen on my face, I had heard about elemental masters who could master four elemental magic and could communicate with elemental spirits. But only this time I heard that elemental spirits could take their complete human form, even when I stabbed them before they were bleeding like humans.
"I have never heard of an elemental spirit that can fully transform into a human."
"They can't because no matter how great they are, spirits are still spirits. They can't turn their bodies like humans. But their master is very strong, he combines necromancy spells with elemental spirits summoning, giving them a container to move freely like humans."
I paused listening to his explanation, it was enough to explain to me many things, especially my confusion about them. But one thing for sure, their masters are very strong because mastering elemental spirit summoning skill and necromancy is not an easy thing.
Sarael snorted in annoyance as he looked away.
"If it was not for that woman's spirit telling me, maybe I wouldn't know either."
"Who do you mean?"
"The spirit of the original owner of that woman's body," he replied.
"Didn't you say her master used necromancy to revive her? Then she should have died ---" I paused in my last sentence and thought hard. If she was just a corpse that was taken over, her body would have to rot after a few days, after all when I stabbed her earlier I could feel her heartbeat. Besides that a dead person's spirit should leave after a few days, she will not continue to follow her original body.
"You mean she's still alive?"
"She could not be called alive but could not be said to be dead. That's why her spirit kept following her, waiting for the elemental spirit to come out of her 'house' so she could return. I think it was worse than death."
"Human sacrifice ..." I murmured.
"That was the reason I attacked her when I first met her. Because the woman's spirit asked me for help. But when I underestimated her too much, I didn't think she was that strong."
"Besides the couple, have you met the others?" I asked. There are four main elemental spirits that can be summoned, fire, water, wind and earth. That woman and man supposedly are elemental spirits of fire and water, I can only guess there are two other elemental spirits.
"Not yet."
I paused after hearing his answer while thinking who their master might be. My thought immediately crossed on the man who possessed the great power I felt in the place where Lord Damon was confined.
'Is that him?'
"Since you have finished, now it is my turn to ask you. What exactly is your purpose for targeting Tome of Darkness?"
"I need it to release my master from the Aeros royal family," I replied.
"The Aeros royal family locked up your master? Aren't you a succubus? Your master should be a demon lord. How could a demon lord be trapped in ---" He suddenly realized something.
"Wait ... Is your master Lord Damon? The strongest demon lord that the Whitelight family defeated a few years ago."
"You are right," I was quite surprised by his intelligence. He is very quick at everything.
"You said he was confined up. Can I see him?" The look in his eyes changed .
"You can't. He closed my access to him."
He was silent and from the expression on his face, he seemed to think hard.
"Why do you want to see him?" I asked curiously. Nobody dared to meet Lord Damon, but why would he want to meet him? Apart from that, he doesn't seem to want to kill him.
He took a glance at me.
"I want to ask if there is another demon lord besides him?"
I immediately thought of the succubus I had met in the underground society.
"How did you know there was another demon lord?" I asked quickly.
His eyes widened in surprise.
"You also know that? Have you met him?"
"Not yet. But I met another succubus, so I am sure there is another demon lord besides Lord Damon."
His eyes trembled in emotion and anger.
"Then it's true ... That he is also a demon lord?"
"Who do you mean?"
"My childhood friend ... Erebus," he answered. He took a deep breath as he recalled the tragedy that had passed twenty years ago. "We are orphans who live in an orphanage in a small village. He is a good boy but strange things always happen around him, besides the dark aura also often covers his body. Then the horns began to grow on his head. Everyone said that he was a demon. They cut off his horn and took him away to the forest to be executed. At that time I was seven years old, I could not do anything to help him. I did not know what happened after that, but at night he suddenly returned ... His body was full of blood, on his back, there was a demon's wings and angel's wings. He kills everyone like crazy and leaves. I'm the only one who survived. " He turned to me.
"Horns and wings are only possessed by high-level demons. Therefore I want to ask your master if he knows about Erebus. "
I realized after hearing his words. The owner of the great power who was in Lord Damon's place yesterday had strange powers because I was sure he was not a human, but also not a demon lord.
"A half ... Nephilim ..."
"What is that?" he asked.
"Half angel and half-demon. They should not have existed, because it is said that Nephilim existence will only be ruining the balance."
Sarael's forehead furrowed.
"I thought angels are just fairy tales."
"If there is a demon, why do you think angels are only fairy tales?"
"Demon is all around us, but I have never seen an angel at all." 
"It's all because they don't want to interfere in human affairs, instead the Whitelight Family is their emissary assigned to help humans fight demons."
We were silent together thinking, trying to connect all the clues we have.
"I think it might be your friend who helped the Whitelight family and locked Lord Damon," I said.
"Have you ever met him?"
"Not yet, but I could feel his power yesterday. I was confused but after hearing your explanation it all made sense to me."
My concern for Lord Damon is even greater. This time one thing was in my head was that I had to get Lord Damon out of there as soon as possible. A Nephilim is worse news than another demon lord.
"If only the book hadn't been destroyed ..." I murmured unconsciously.
He paused while watching my expression.
"If you want to know the contents of the book, I can help you," he said.
"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.
"I had ordered one of my undead spirits to remember its contents. I could order it to make a copy. But the results won't be the same as the original. Because the original has a thick dark power."
I turned to him as I felt there was hope for me.
"Are you really willing to do it?"
"As long as you are willing to give me a chance to meet with Lord Damon."
"I agree," I immediately agreed without hesitation.
"One more thing. The book content is very strange, even Tania cannot read it. What makes it valuable for Tania's tribe is because the book's power is used to create an illusionary wall of her tribe."
"It's okay. I'll try to solve it," I said.
"All right, take me to the study room and order a servant to help me write it," he said as he grabbed Tania's hand.
47