Chapter 64. Strange Movements
2.8k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 64. Strange Movements 
Arcania's PoV
A few days later, the sky above Giant Timberland, a forest at the north of Nighthallow City, began to turn red as the afternoon sun began leaning to the west. The tall trees with thick leaves, making this forest always look dark. Not everyone can enter this forest since the kingdom forbids anyone from approaching it without permission. According to the rumours, it was because the forest is inhabited by wild monsters that cannot be captured or killed by the official.
Arcania crept on a tall tree while hiding among the thick of leaves there, she also covered her body with her camouflage skill, making the others unable to see her. All of her feet were firmly planted in large tree trunks while her eyes watched the people who were busy unloading the wagons not far from her. Wooden boxes were taken out of the wagon and piled under a huge tree that looked hundreds of years old.
The people worked quickly also silently with pale and worried faces. If there was even a slight noise they immediately looked toward the origins of the noise anxiously to make sure everything was okay before backing to work. 
After almost half an hour, they finally finished placing the boxes, they covered it with thick leaves. Then one of them stuck a small twig tied with a red handkerchief before getting into the wagon and leaving.
Arcania remained silent in her position while watching them move away. Lilieth ordered her only to watch them from afar and avoid direct contact with anyone. Her main goal is to find out who the buyer is and find the buyer's hideout.
Several hours had passed, the sun had set, the sky above Giant Timberland turned dark. Arcania continued to pay attention without making any slight movement even though she was tired. Her legs were almost cramping because she had not been moved for a long time and her body began to ache. But no one appeared to take the boxes yet.
'This task is really annoying! How long do I have to be here? What if they pick it up a few days later? Do I have to stay here? ' she grumbled internally.
But suddenly she realized there was a movement from inside the forest. Arcania's eyes fixed on the movement made sure she missed nothing. She had been waiting here for hours, of course, she did not want her efforts in vain.
She waited, but still, no one or any creature came out of it. Her eyes glanced around hoping to find another clue but nothing. She paused in confusion as she turned his gaze to the ground near the boxes.
Arcania gasped while her eyes widened in shock when she realized the ground below her had been filled with long snakes with the same colour as the dirt. They crept slowly and quietly even the small stones on the ground did not move that's why she did not realize it at all. This is the first time she has seen snakes in crazy quantities like this.
'Is a Lamia behind all of this?' she thought. But as far as she knew Lamia can't summon this many snakes. Even if it's true, at least they need 15-20 Lamias to summon this many snakes. 
The snakes wrapped around the boxes and started carrying them. Arcania narrowed her eyes, focused her gaze on the snakes and her heart pounded as soon as she realized that her current situation was worse than dealing with 20 Lamians. It's not snakes but tentacles and their shape were the same as Andrew's but she hadn't noticed it from the beginning because it was too dark. Which means there are at least 5 creatures like Andrew in the forest.
Arcania's face turned pale as she covered her own mouth with her hand to prevent her voice from coming out there, even the sound of her own breathing. She could remember how Andrew could easily kill Diorix's guards and subordinates, turning the passageway in the underground society into a place of massacre. If Andrew alone could kill that much, what if there are five people like him?
One by one the boxes were carried and disappeared in the darkness of the forest. Arcania knows she must move immediately before losing them. She released her hand and took a deep breath trying to calm herself down before she went down as quietly as possible to follow them.
Arcania enters the forest in measured steps while continuing to keep a distance. If she's too close she will get caught but if she's too far she will lose track of them. Her mouth keeps pulling out her web thread to make sure she doesn't get lost. At least if something happens to her, Lilieth can find her from following in the web she has made.
She followed them for a long time, passing trees, rivers and cliffs, until the boxes entering a cave. The cave entrance is quite large and inside it is very dark. Although Arcania was quite curious about the cave, but she undoes her intention to enter since she would have to get caught. Therefore she decided to return.
Arcania was just about to leave but as soon as she turned around she realized that some of the tentacles had raised up while its tips bent down. She knew it was an attack stance from the tentacle creatures from watching Andrew's fight with Kitty before.
'Did I get caught?' she thought as she retreats slowly, trying to escape. She could hear her heart beating fast.
But somehow the tentacles remained in their position and did not attack her.
She turned and found more tentacles rising in an attack stance. Her heart beating faster and faster, extraordinary fear seized her heart as her chances to escape from here alive were getting smaller. She slowly moved as quietly and carefully as possible to avoid them.
'It seems like they haven't noticed my presence but they are just preparing to attack in case someone followed them.' 
She kept backing away, Arcania's feet stepping away while her eyes continued to watch the tentacles in turn. Slowly but surely she began to move away from there and followed her web thread to return. She had just a little calmer after her distance was getting further away. But a brown-haired man with an innocent face appeared nearby.
'Andrew ?!' But then Arcania realizes, this guy even looks like Andrew but he's not Andrew. Because this man has a large scar on his left eye.
Arcania bit her lips to prevent her voice from coming out of her mouth while the man's eyes swiftly glanced around. He realized that the man was not fully aware of her existence but he looked very alert to his surroundings. Silent in her position, Arcania could only pray he was not aware of her.
Suddenly the man's hand lifted, Arcania immediately ducked down. At the same time,his hand turned into tentacles and attacked towards her.
-Brakkkk!
His attack destroyed the tree behind her.
"Am I wrong?" said the man.
While Arcania trembled in front of him, trying not to make any sound.
The man was silent for a moment while looking around suspiciously. Soon, the tentacles were pulled back and turned into hands, then he turned around and walked away.
Arcania glanced in the direction the man left after he quite far away. She lifted her body and began to back away slowly, her eyes still staring at him while occasionally glancing backwards to make sure she hadn't bumped into anything.
After everything safe, she turned around and walked away.

Want to read more? Dun forget to check out my Patreon~

Patreon Members:
Vhail, Nemorus, T-Money, Cloningforfree, Brian Reynaldi, Isaac, WiseRagnar, Hollowlce, Drew, Dallas, Cody Givan, Fullmoon, Icewing, saganatsu, and I like books.

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to click ❤️

38