Chapter 68. Urgent Letter
2.7k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 68. Urgent Letter
Lilieth's PoV
"Can we start now?" I said as I put my teacup on the table.
They already put on their clothes and sat on the sofa.
"Go ahead," replied Sarael.
I turned to Arcania who was standing next to me.
"Arcania, tell them what you found last night."
"Okay," Arcania told them what happened. How did the merchant deliver the order in fear near the forest, how snakes appeared from the forest and took all of it until finally, she realized it was not snakes but tentacles that came from some creature like Andrew, which proved the order was done by the same mad alchemists that locked up Andrew.
As Arcania told them everything, Andrew's eyes filled with anger, his hands clenched holding back emotions within him. Kitty realized it and grabbed Andrew's hand to soothe him. He responded by holding Kitty's hand in return. Meanwhile, Tania and Sarael listened to her with serious expressions.
"That's my investigation's results," said Arcania, closing her story.
"Do you think this also has something to do with Erebus?" asked Sarael, his seriousness visible from his eyes and his voice.
"Most likely. Because this mad alchemist has something to do with the Crown Prince Reyn, it might also relate to your friend."
"Tell me what your plan is?" said Sarael without hesitation. Looks like he already guessed that I already had a plan about this.
But instead of answering his question, I turned to Sarael and asked something else.
"Have you finished the book?"
"Yes," he replied simply, his eyes fixed on me because I had not answered his question.
"Then can you mobilize your undead army to make a basement tonight?" I said.
"You haven't answered my question," said Sarael in a displeased tone.
"That is the first stage of my plan," I replied casually.
"What is your purpose for it?" Sarael asked again.
An evil smirk developed on my lips.
"Of course for those alchemists' workplaces."
Andrew's eyes immediately widened in shock as he rose from his seat.
"Lilieth ... Are you planning to do the same with that prince?" His eyes stared at me in disappointment.
A trifling chuckle came out of my mouth.
"Do you think I would do the same thing with that bastard?" Turning humans into creatures like Andrew took years and I had no interest in waiting that long to get my revenge. Rather than that, wouldn't it be faster if I took those creatures and turned them into my subordinates? Reyn would be very surprised if I snatched all of his hard work. Well, he deserves it anyway. And if they didn't want to obey me I could turn them into my slaves like Vance. After all, with their current situation, they can no longer live normally like humans. They will end up just like Andrew when I first met him or worse they will be roaming around as cold-blooded killers.
"Then what are your plans?" Andrew asked in a calmer tone.
"I will make them to help me release Lord Damon." I planned to turn the alchemists as my servants, with their help I might be able to find a way to gather human energy faster to release Lord Damon. I came to this conclusion because they were able to make creatures like Andrew in large numbers, so I was sure they were not only mastering alchemy but also magic. Since there was no way they could change humans only by alchemy alone. And I know that ability ... 'Transform', the ability to change things.
"We need them to face our main enemies, the kingdom of Aeros' royal family and ...." I turned my gaze to Sarael.
"Erebus."
Although Sarael's face looked displeased, he could not reply to me, because that fact was indisputable.
"Then when did you plan to attack them?" he asked.
"After the basement is finished." I waved my hand at Vance, who was standing blankly on the other side of my sofa. He walked over and gave Sarael a basement's design sheet. 
"How long will it take you to make it? Vance has all the material ready in the backyard," I said. With Vance's and Diorix's wealth, I could prepare everything fast. 
Sarael looked at the sheet in his hand for a moment.
"It all depends on how many corpses that are available for me ."
'As expected ...'
"There are two large cemeteries here. You can use it." One large cemetery usually contained more than fifty bodies, that's mean Sarael could move at least a hundred undead overnight.
"Two large cemeteries ..." He paused for a moment and estimated when he could finish it.
"I should be able to finish it within a week."
"Okay, then we'll attack them in one week," I said.
"Why don't we attack them sooner?" Andrew's voice sounded objectionable.
"I mean, I think the three of us are enough to attack them while Sarael and Tania can stay here to build the basement," he added.
I understand why Andrew wants to get his friends out of there as soon as possible but that place is full of creatures like him. Even though my strength has increased drastically, but I can't be careless.
"You've heard Arcania's story earlier. They just raised their guard after receiving the delivery. If we attack them now is tantamount to surrendering our lives to them. At least we should wait and let their guard down." It wasn't just my excuse but that was also one of my main reasons for postponing this attack.
"But ...."
I quickly cut off his words.
"Andrew, I know you are worried about your friends but are we not your friends? Are you not thinking about our safety?" I tried to give him an understanding.
Andrew was silent for a moment before back to sit and bow his head.
"I-I'm sorry."
My gaze turned to Sarael.
"Since you said you've finished the book, can you deliver it to my room?" I wanted to try to break the book content, while Sarael worked on the basement for me.
"Okay," Sarael answered simply.
I turned my gaze to Andrew.
“After this, I will spend more time in my room, so I'll leave the mansion security to you, Andrew.” He answered me with a nod. Then I turned towards Arcania.
"Arcania, I will leave the trap to you."
Arcania just opened her mouth to answer me but suddenly a servant came in a hurry from the entrance.
"Miss Lilieth! There is an urgent letter from Sir Diorix!" said the servant as he ran towards me and gave me the letter.
Arcania's expression turned pale, it seems she is worried that something has happened with Diorix but I remain calm because I know if one of my servants is in danger or dies then my connection with him will be lost. 
My hand opened the letter, my eyes moved from side to side reading the letter in my hand, my eyebrows furrowed and my facial expression grew more serious as I read it. In the letter, Diorix said that the Kingdom of Aeros was preparing its troops to attack the Stothia Empire. The war will be led by the crown prince of Aeros, Prince Reyn.
In the letter, Diorix also wrote about the capital's and castle's current situation. Reyn's younger brother, Prince Arthur is accused of rebelling and trying to overthrow his father. Currently, he has been thrown in prison and waiting for his death. Meanwhile, the King of Aeros, King Eiron is seriously ill because of it and no one is allowed to see him.
'This is strange ... This incident happened a month ago. Why didn't I hear anything about this? '
A royal family member's rebellion and a sick king is big news that is almost impossible to cover up. Besides that, Prince Arthur's rebellion also sounded strange, because as far as I know, even though Arthur was a prince, he was a gentle and low profile person. Many people even said that his gentleness made him unsuitable as a royal family who usually takes pride, honour and dignity. I also thought the same thing in the past. 
And about the court ... 90% of the court has been ruled by Reyn for a long time because they think Reyn is the most suitable person to take the throne, even everyone predicts that the kingdom of Aeros will be in its golden age under his reign. 
I was deep in thought for a while, but my confusion immediately disappeared when I remembered something.
'How can I forget Reyn has a Nephilim helping him...'
That nephilim's power was almost the same as Lord Damon, it was very easy for him to do manipulation skills in the entire city. I think that's also the reason why he dared to attack Stothia even though he just defeated my kingdom.
But before long a sly smile blossomed on my face as an idea crossed my head.
'This is good news. I will attack the capital when he leaves and prepares a welcome party for him. I wonder how his expression would be if he found out that his house was taken by the woman he dumped. '
"Sarael, can you speed up the basement construction?"
Sarael frowned in confusion at my request.
"Did something happen?" he guessed.
"Yes, I found a good opportunity to release Lord Damon and meet your best friend."
 
28