Chapter 71. Undead Parade
2.2k 0 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Demon Lord's Succubus Chapter 71. Undead Parade
The night was getting late. In the middle of that quiet night, Sarael walked to the centre of a cemetery located outside Ironshade Town. He raised his hand, the green light of the skull in his hands grew brighter. A spell came out of his mouth.
"Bones of my Bone, Blood of my Blood. O hear my voice with my anger and hatred. For your master, calls to thee."
The ground around him shook, hands starting to emerge from each of the graves. Slowly the owners of those hands began to appear. The rancid smell of the undead awakened from their sleep rose to the surface and filled the air around them as they stood on their graves.
"Continue your work," Sarael ordered.
The undead walked out of the cemetery with Sarael like a parade.
On the town gate wall, the guards' sleepy eyes reopened after hearing footsteps from afar. Their eyes had just turned to the direction where the sound was coming from. But suddenly unbearable drowsiness overtook them and made them fall asleep in an instant.
Behind them, Tania extended her hand as she cast a sleep spell on them.
"Open the gates!" Tania ordered Vance's subordinates who were ready by the gate. They opened the gate for the undead troops. In order to avoid suspicion, Sarael had already arranged the route through alleyways and small streets. Andrew and Kitty were on guard around their route, making sure no one saw the undead army.
They entered Vance's mansion courtyard and continued their work.
"How's it going?" I asked Sarael who was standing beside me. Both of us stared at the undead who was busy pacing back and forth from the backyard to the mansion to bring some building materials.
"It should be finished today," Sarael replied.
"Good." With this I could carry out my attack plan to the mad alchemist's hideout, I had to move fast because I didn't know when I could get this rare chance again.
"How about you? Have you found something from that book?" asked Sarael.
"Found something? I already understand its contents," I replied in a relaxed tone, a sly smile forming on my lips.
Sarael turned and looked at me in disbelief.
"Really? What exactly is in that book? Why is it covered by dark forces?"
"That book belongs to the previous demon lord, that's why it was covered in dark forces." 
"The previous demon lord? You mean the book belongs to Lord Damon's father?"
"Yes." Looks like I had to tell Sarael about Erebus. I didn't know what his plans were, but it was clear if he planned to bring Erebus back, he would be disappointed.
"Sarael, regarding your question that you wish to ask Lord Damon I can answer it."
"Is there anything in the book about Erebus? " His forehead creased in confusion.
"The entire book is about Erebus," I explained. My head turned to Sarael.
"Erebus is Lord Damon's younger brother. He is a descendant of a demon lord."
Sarael couldn't hide the shock on his face.
"But why is he in the human world?"
"That's because the previous demon lord met his mother in the human world. But unfortunately, they have to be separated, his mother died and his father who was badly injured was thrown back into the dark dimension. After that the barrier between the three worlds was strengthened, that's why he could not pick up Erebus in the human world."
Sarael fell silent and his hands clenched into fists.
"Ten years ago, Lord Damon tried to bring him back but as you can see the results. Erebus refused and collaborated with the Whitelight Family to lock him up. So if you think about bringing him back, I think you need to think twice about it," I added. I didn't know what he was thinking, but I would have warned him that his efforts might end in vain.
"At least I want to try it. If he refuses, I'll leave it to you."
"Very well," I said as I turned my gaze forward.
"Thank you..."
A second later, Andrew and Kitty walked over to us.
"Lilieth, do I have anything else to do today?" Andrew asked.
"No, we just have to wait for them to finish and return them to the cemetery. After that tomorrow night, we can attack the mad alchemist's hideout."
"Really?" Andrew's face quickly brightened.
"I hope you can prepare yourself for tomorrow's ambush," I said again.
"I understand!" Andrew replied excitedly.
"Tch! What a simple brat," muttered Sarael. But luckily Andrew didn't hear it, otherwise, they would have fought by now.

*

*

*


Hours passed, the morning sun began to rise. Sarael has returned the undead to the cemetery and gone to sleep, likewise Andrew, Tania and Kitty. While I walked in along the basement with Arcania, checking if there was anything that needed to be repaired as well as spreading the traps there. Not only that, but I also set up several protective magic formations around the main room to made sure it wasn't detected by the high mage.
Arcania shot her web at the corner of the room.
"Is this enough?" she said.
"Yes, you can rest now," I said.
Arcania lowered her head slightly as a sign that she was taking her leave. While my eyes checked around the large room once more. I needed to admit that Sarael really did his job quickly even though this room was the same size as Vance's mansion.
Soon my eyes turned to my hand as an evil smile appeared on my lips.
'Just a little more ...I just need to be patient a little more before I can get my revenge ...' I thought as my hands clenched, imagining Reyn's destruction.
 
28