Chapter 84. Kingdom of Aeros
2.2k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Demon Lord's Succubus Chapter 84. Kingdom of Aeros
Arcania's PoV
Meanwhile ...
As the last guard fell in front of Irien, they stepped their feet through the prison room that lined up around them. The prisoners stretched out their hands begging to be released.
Arcania swept her gaze across the prison, watching their faces one by one. Lilieth assigned her to find Prince Arthur who was locked up by Prince Reyn, but of course, it was not easy because there were thousands of prisoners here.
A room that looked empty caught her eyes.
"Wait," said Arcania. Irien and the others stopped. Arcania pointed out the room with her chin and Irien immediately swung her claw to break the lock.
Arcania stepped into the room slowly. Her eyes swept into the dark room. Her attention was drawn to a man who was tied with an iron chain to a punishment stake. She walked over to him and checked him out. His body was covered in lashes and his breath was weak.
"How do we know if he's Prince Arthur or not?" she muttered.
"I can help you," said Irien. She grabbed his hair and looked into his half-open eyes. Irien's eyes glinted in red as she used her manipulation skill. The man's eyes turned blank.
"Tell me. What's your name?"
"Arthur Whitelight," he muttered.
"It's him," said Irien.
"Are you sure?" asked Arcania in disbelief.
"He's under my manipulation skill, he won't be able to lie."
"Okay." Arcania released him but she stopped after hearing footsteps from the outside.
"How dare you!" the guards came.
"We'll take care of it." Irien and the others charged towards them. Meanwhile, Arcania continued to move, releasing Arthur's chains. Prince Arthur's body fell and Arcania supported him. He raised his head.
"Who are you?" he said in a weak voice.
"We'll talk about that later. We have to get out now!" Arcania said.
"My father ... We must free my father ..." said Prince Arthur weakly.
'Everything is as Lilieth predicted ...'
"We will free the king but we have to make the way for our troops first," Arcania replied.
"Go! We'll open the gate for Sir Diorix!" shouted Irien. Her claw continued to swing, killing the guards in front of her.
"I'll leave it to you!" Arcania supported Prince Arthur, helping him to walk as she used her camouflage skill.
"Show me the way!" Arcania said.
They sneaked their way, past the guards running past them and up into the castle grounds. Even though Arcania's camouflage skill could hide herself and Artheur well. But if they bumped into something they would get caught and at that time it would be difficult for them to escape especially since Prince Arthur was badly injured.
Arthur raised his hand and pointed at a tower near the prison.
"There ..."
"Are you sure?" asked Arcania in confusion. How could a king be in a prison tower?
"My brother locked him..." said Arthur again.
Arcania sneaked up, leading Arthur to the tower. Fortunately, the guards' attention turned to Irien and the others as well as the battle of the two demon lords in Lightglen City's sky.
With great difficulty, they made it to the very top of the tower. Several guards were seen in front of the largest room.
'How do I get past them?' thought Arcania. She glanced at Prince Arthur.
"Your Highness, Can you get their attention?" she whispered.
"Yes..." he replied weakly.
Arcania released her hand, while Prince Arthur stood up with difficulty. She stepped away from him and crept up to the ceiling. Her camouflage skill broke as soon as she walked away. Prince Arthur walked limply towards the guards.
"Hey, you!" he provoked the guards.
Upon seeing him, the guards took out their weapons and prepared to attack him. Swiftly, Arcania shot her web from her mouth at some of them, tying them up.
"What is that?!" screamed one of them.
Arcania jumped on one of them and bit him, injecting her poison.
"Kill her!" the guards' attention turned to her. Arcania shot her web as she retreated, dodging their attacks but there were too many of them.
The guards swung their swords at her. But suddenly the guards' movements stopped and their bodies fell. Behind them, Arthur was already holding a sword with a panting breath.
Arcania immediately approached him and supported his body that almost fell.
"I'm all right," said Arthur.
They were looking for the key to unlock the room.
"Father!" screamed Arthur when the door was successfully opened. His feet stepped inside in a hurry.
The king lay on the bed with bulging eyes.
"Father!" screamed Arthur once more, shaking his father's body, but in vain.
"Your Highness, I think he is in a high-level stun spell," said Arcania.
Arthur gritted his teeth in annoyance.
"We have to ask my brother to release him." He lowered his head briefly and turned his gaze to Arcania.
"I'll ---" Suddenly his eyes widened in shock.
"Watch out!" he screamed.
Arcania turned around, several mages were already casting their spells on them. But suddenly a magic arrow was shot at one of them from behind and pierced a mage's head. The other mages gasped in surprise and turned their gaze to the attacker.
Another magic arrow flew at one of them. Then a man lunged in and punched the other mage in the face, sending him flying against the wall. Quickly, he took out a dagger from his sleeve and stabbed it at the last mage.
"Master Diorix!" shouted Arcania with a happy smile.
Diorix sighed.
"I told you I'm not your master anymore," he said as he approached Arthur while Arcania followed behind. She felt happy to see his master again.
Diorix watched the king's state for a moment.
"Can you break the spell?" asked Arthur hopefully.
Diorix smiled arrogantly.
"Of course. Nothing is impossible for me."
29