Chapter 5: A Mage fights a Boss battle, and A System feels for the very first time.
5.6k 6 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexia crept to the entrance of the chamber, keeping an eye out for the Fungal Slime Lord. As she got closer, she did not see it within the chamber. Almost out of the tunnel, Alexia suddenly felt danger coming from above. 

Throwing herself forward, she barely dodged an acid aimed at her head,  the shot grazed the Flameshield draining it of energy. Dropping from the ceiling where it had been hiding, the Fungal Slime Lord hit the ground with a wet thump. 

A foul brownish green color, it was covered in mushrooms. At eight feet wide, it was the largest slime Alexia had seen.  Letting out a weird coughing gurgle, it began to wiggle and a glow began to emerge out of the mushrooms.  

Quickly Alexia jumped to the side, as the Slime unleashed a charge at her. Missing her by inches, it slammed into the side of the entrance and shattered the stone around it.  Shaking itself from the impact, it was preparing to charge again, when Alexia fired a shot into its side.

Letting out a gurgle of anger, it stopped the charge and began to shake it’s slimy body. The mushrooms started to pulse in a gross way.  Backing up, Alexia watched as the mushrooms began to release a cloud of spores. Scarily the spores as if they were alive, reached out towards her. 

Avoiding the spores as best she could, she kept moving backwards, however a clump of spores suddenly reached out and touched her. Most of the spores were burned by her Flameshield, that was pulling more mana from her, but some still reached her. 

Despite the tiny nature of the spores, Alexia felt she was punched by a giant, and with each hit of the spores, her health drained. Her armor managed to soak up most of the damage, but she was still shaken by the attack. Starting to charge another Flameshot, she had to stop to dodge yet another charge from the Fungal Slime Lord. 

When it slammed against another wall, the room shook, causing dust to fall from the ceiling.  Getting to her feet, Alexia fired another Flameshot. Bouncing up from the ground, the slime grabbed onto the roof to avoid the shot.  

From that position it fired an acid shot at her.  Rolling away, Alexia began to pelt at it with Flameshots.  Dropping from the roof, the mushrooms on it’s back began to pulse again.  Seeing her chance Alexia fired at it while it was charging up.

Unable to move before releasing the spores, the slime was hit by several Flameshots. Letting loose a high pitched wailing gurgle, it collapsed into a pool of gunk and mushrooms. A giant brown core lies in the middle of the goo. 

As Alexia was catching her breath from the battle, she was brought to her knees from the surge of energy flowing through her.  It was at least double the amount she had felt before. Waves of pleasure arced through her body, till she felt an orgasm buildup and release within her.

Biting her lip she felt as every nerve in her body was lit up and came alive with energy. As it peaked she let out a moan that reverberated within the chamber.  As it finished, her body slumped down into relaxation. 

Realizing that she must have pushed aside the energy of the first level up in the battle, and when she leveled up again, it combined both. Pushing herself off the floor, Alexia went over and picked up the cores of the slimes she killed.  Taking a look at the Fungal Slime Lord core, it was as big as her head. Inside of it looked like a mushroom, perhaps that’s how it evolved. 

A notification popped up alerting her she had completed a sub-quest. A glowing blue arrow near the back wall pointed down at her rewards. Walking towards the back wall with the growing mushrooms on it, she stepped around the glowing pool of liquid and discovered a half eaten body of man.

On the roof above, a circular hole from a storm drain was crafted into the roof. At least going thirty feet up, she could barely make out some daylight. The body of the man was most likely dumped down the storm drain. Alexia took a closer look over the body.

An old sword was sticking out of the man’s chest, making it unlikely the slimes had killed him. The body was wrapped in a cloak that looked well made.  Taking it off the man she examined it, and found it was a cloak of shadows.  

The cloak could add to the stealth ability, making it easy for a person to slip into the shadows.  As it was quite dirty, Alexia dumped it into her Inventory. The sword was worthless, and she left it in the body.  Checking his coin purse, she found 2 big gold coins, and a strange token made out of Ivory. As she examined the token, a quest popped up.

New Quest Given! - Murder! A dastardly criminal has committed a foul deed, and attempted to hide it by dumping the body into the sewers. He must be brought to Justice before more are harmed. Rating ©

- Notify the Authorities about the body

- Find out the Identity of the man. He appears to have been a thief. Perhaps the Thieves guild would know more.

-Discover the Killer, and stop them before it is too late.

Rewards: A Necklace, A Firesteel Sword, 300 Gold Coins.

Taking a look at the corpses face, she made sure to memorize his features.  Finished she turned her attention to the pool of liquid that was glowing. It was giving off mana at a fairly high rate.  At the edge of the pool, Alexia could see that it was corroding away at the ground beneath it. 

The mushrooms on the wall look to be feeding from this liquid, and had grown deep into the wall.  Taking a look at the liquid with an examination proved inconclusive. The trail of the liquid looked like it had been dumped down the storm drain as well.  As she realized this another Quest Popped up

New Quest Given!- Illegal Dumping! A suspiciously oblivious person has been dumping highly contaminated magical liquid down into the sewers. Not only is this dangerous, this has also caused the rapid growth and mutations of the slimes found down in the sewers. Left unchecked this could have caused monsters to pour out and kill hundreds of people living above. Bring them to justice! Rating (F)

-Alert the Authorities about the pollution.

-Find the Person doing the Dumping

Rewards -10 Health Potions, 10 Mana Potions, 2 ? Potions. (Rewards may vary depending on the time taken to complete the Quest.)

 

Closing that screen, she took a look at her status. After leveling up twice she had four free Attribute points and nine Skill points she could use. She put two points into the constitution stat, one into intelligence and the other into dexterity. She had only been slightly faster than the Fungal Slime Lord, so it would be wise to increase her speed a little.

Alexia considered for a moment what her greatest weakness was at the moment, and decided she had trouble dealing with multiple enemies. If she hadn't been able to draw the two King slimes into the tunnel she would have had to fight all three slimes in the chamber.  She would not have been able to win had that happened..

Taking a look at her options in the skill store, she picked out three that were cheap enough that she could purchase them. The first she got rid of because it could easily hurt innocent people or allies that got too close. It reminded her too much of what happened to her brother. She also ditched the second because it relied too much on chance which given her luck was not the best idea.

 

The final one she took a look at was the one that seemed to suit her just fine.

Storm of Flames: Unleash a wave of flames in the area to devastate enemies. Friendly targets will be unaffected. 50 MP with a range of 50 feet. 20 Base Damage. Cost 6 SP

 

Buying it, she saved the last three skill points and began to make her way out of the sewers

 

When Alexia had become a User a full connection opened up between her and Jack. Jack was suddenly overwhelmed by Alexia's emotions and feelings. Having never experienced emotions until then, he became a little intoxicated off of them.

He managed to pull himself together, getting a sense of how the connection worked.  He could not for instance read her mind, but could feel her use the system with her mind.  Her emotions however were laid bare for him, and her sensations of her body were now part of him.  Jack could feel her connection start to nourish and enrich him making him stronger.

Taking a deeper look into his new User, he discovered she had a high affinity for Fire. As such skills that were affiliated with fire, were cheaper for her. It was still surprising she got the skill Flameshot however, as it was a fairly powerful skill for someone of her level. Trying to dig deeper he realized that he would need to upgrade to see any more information about her.

Pulling up her available skills he noted several were hidden. When she did a corresponding act, they would become activated. Using a bit of system power he added Examination to the list for all of his Users.  It was dangerous to fight enemies you knew nothing about, and he wanted to reduce their risk.

While Alexia herself did not produce a great quantity of system power at the moment, he could feel the connection becoming stronger as she gained experience. Yet he wondered how he himself affected the Users.  This connection was a two way street, would they feel his emotions when he had them?

As Alexia fought, the experience pooled within her till, Jack felt something break and energy flowed through him and down into Alexia.  She had leveled up and just as she was reveling in the wave of pleasure, Jack was thrown into a torrential storm. 

Having no experience with such carnal pleasure he was wracked in a sweet torment for several moments. After nearly losing his mind, he made sure to limit the senses coming through so as to not be swept up like that. 

Before Jack started to look for another user, he wanted to make sure Alexia got through the sewers safely. While he was confident she could make it with the use of the system, she was at the edge of her current abilities.

One wrong move could mean her death and him losing a User.  Jack did not want to think about how death would feel coming over the connection.  He was glad a second later that he had turned down the senses when she got hit by the acid. 

Instantly pain wracked him, despite toning the connection down, the hot pain cut through and assaulted him. Luckily Alexia leveled up soon, and he used the energy to recuperate from the pain.

Not liking how close his first user came to death, he pulled up the system store and evaluated armors. With his level, he could not outright send her armors, nor would he do so, as that would limit the growth of his users.

But he could temporarily lower the price of an item in the system store. Considering what she could afford, he picked out a decent slime armor and sent the offer to Alexia. While the armor had some strange habits, he felt it would be of use to her.  

When Alexia bought and put the armor on, Jack was startled to realize he felt both Alexia, and the armor. The experience left him on edge. During her fight, he stalled the energy so it would not distract her. 

Throughout the final battle with the fungal slime lord he was so scared she would die, and was relieved when she defeated it. The relief turned to surprise as a massive wave of energy overtook him. His mind went blank and he could feel as if an immense weight had been lifted. He snapped back down, as the wave of pleasure finally crested.

Feeling that Alexia would be good for now, Jack sent her two quests that he thought would be good short term goals for her growth. He then turned his attention to finding a new user.

Thank you for reading my story.

131