Chapter 79: A Ranger declines to play.
1.3k 1 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the first tower they had been incredibly lucky. They had appeared in a building right next to the plaza of the tower. All Telvin had to do was snipe a few goblins hanging around the plaza. Then they were able to access the tower without trouble. Now they were about to teleport to the next one.

With his bow out and an arrow hanging loose, Telvin watched as Megan fiddled with the controls of the teleporter. When it started to rise, Megan dashed forward and jumped onto the platform. Barely in time before the rings began to move and the hum went into Telvin's bones, and then the pop sound as they appeared in a different place.

He found himself standing on top of a roof of a building. Telvin dropped down to prevent goblins from seeing him and the others followed suit. Crawling to the edge to take a look, he frowned as he saw they were quite a way from the tower. They would have to sneak across several streets to make it to the plaza. Looking around he didn't see any large goblins at the moment luckily.

There was some shuffling and Megan crawled next to him and asked "Do you see anything?"

"No sign of goblins. We are pretty far from the tower, though."

"Do you think they can be hiding in the buildings?" Maetrin asked.

"Maybe." Yukali said. "We just need to keep an eye out. What is the plan?"

Megan peered out and said "I think our best option is to stick to the back alleys and cross through buildings to get to the plaza. These streets are way to open, if we move down them we are sure to get spotted. Let's drop off the side of this building, it has a secluded courtyard making us less likely to be seen when we go down."

Nodding in agreement, Telvin crawled to the side of the building and looked over the edge to look into the courtyard. It was disused for sometime, and random junk was scattered around it. A wall surrounded it making it less likely that goblins would see them climbing down.

Pulling out a rope, he tied it to a part of the wall that was secure. Megan took the rope and said "I will go down first. Keep me covered." She slipped over the edge, and Telvin kept his bow ready as she climbed down. When she made it to the floor she waved for the next person to come down.

The dragonkin woman grabbed the rope and climbed down quickly. When she reached the bottom without issue, Telvin waved Maetrin to go down. Maetrin climbed surprisingly down fast. Wanting to keep the rope, he untied it and carefully climbed down the side of the building freehand.

By the time Telvin reached the bottom, Megan had made her way to the wall surrounding the courtyard. She carefully raised herself to the edge and glanced over before ducking back down. She waved at them to come over silently. When Telvin came over, she raised two fingers and pointed over the wall with a slashing motion at her throat. Then she pointed at Telvin and then Yukali.

Yukali and Telvin went to the wall. He pulled out his knife and nodded at Yukali who took out her sword. She nodded back at him and they both went over the wall at the same time. There were two goblins playing a game in the middle of the alley.

Telvin landed behind one of the goblins and grabbed the goblins head and yanked it back to slit its throat. It sprayed blood over the other goblin who didn't have time to react as Yukali came down with her blade and bisected the goblin into two. Looking around to make sure they had not alerted the goblins to their presence, he failed to see any movement.

The other two came over and Megan had them throw the bodies over the wall to hide what they had just done. She waved at Telvin to go down the alley and see if the way was clear to cross the street to the next alley. Carefully he made his way down hugging the wall of a building. When he reached the road, he took a look down both ends and saw a small group of goblins carrying a load of clothing.

Telvin quietly backtracked to the group and informed Megan who went to the building and opened one of the windows. She peered in and waved for them to enter. Nodding, Telvin slid inside and found himself in a rundown kitchen. When the others came in, Megan carefully slid the window back into place. 

Glancing out the window, it was not a minute too soon for the goblins passed the alleyway. They made their way through the building. Looking around Telvin could see evidence that goblins had been using the building recently. As they passed into the living room, he saw severed heads of goblins lining the wall like some sort of trophy.

He went to the windows and looked both ways down the street again and didn't see any more goblins moving about. Megan went to the door and slipped it open and waved for the party to follow her quickly. They crossed the street as fast as they could and into the alleyway.

For the next several minutes they sneaked through alleys and crossed through buildings. To make sure they were going the right way, Telvin would occasionally sneak up to the second floor and peer out. To their surprise however, the closer they got to the tower, the less goblins they encountered.

They had reached the last street before the tower, and now only a large mansion stood between them and the plaza. For some reason when Telvin looked at the mansion, he got chills. Trying to place it he looked the building over again and noticed unlike the other buildings they had passed, it was dark inside.

Not wanting to step inside of that building, he glanced at Megan and whispered "What do you want to do?"

"We have little choice. We need to go through the mansion. The sides of the Mansion are way too open. There is nowhere to hide if goblins come by."

"We are fairly close to the tower, we could just make a run for it?" Maetrin suggested.

"We can't see the plaza from here. For all we know it's full of goblins. No, our best option is to go into that mansion." Megan said.

Yukali spoke up and said "While I agree with Megan, there is likely to be trouble. Look at the side door, it's open. Why? None of the buildings we've gone through have left a door open."

"We will need to deal with it as silently as possible if that is the case."

Exiting the building, they quickly crossed the street. They reached the open door and slipped inside of it's hostile darkness. The moment Telvin entered the building. He was confronted by a heavy smell of goblin blood. From the thin rays of light coming in from the blocked windows he made out several trails of blood on the ground.

Holding up her hand to stop them moving forward, Megan walked over and bent down to examine the blood. She touched it and he saw her frown. She lifted her hand and showed the others that the blood was still wet and had not dried. Wiping her hand on her pants, she waved them to proceed carefully forward.

Creeping silently to the door, he slowly opened it. Glancing through he saw torn up bodies of goblins adorning the room. Forcing the door open, he went in and found there were pools of blood that sloshed from his footsteps. Besides the overwhelming smell of gore, Telvin could taste the rage that had taken place here. 

The others followed Telvin deeper into the mansion, where the stench of death grew even more overpowering. At some points it even appeared what had done this attempted to plaster the walls with the organs of the goblins. By the time they reached the other side of the mansion they were all pretty spooked.

Unfortunately, the view into the plaza did little to appease that fear. For before the tower was absolute carnage, bodies of goblins were so tall in places it looked as if someone was trying to construct a wall made of flesh. The ground was stained with blood, and as Telvin was looking at the plaza he heard a singing voice.

A tall nude woman covered in goblin blood walked out from behind a pile of goblins' bodies and was tossing a goblins head up and down playfully. At first Telvin thought she was human, but as he looked closer at her his senses screamed that she was not human.

She dropped the goblins head in boredom, and she turned towards the mansion. Telvin saw what had in the past been a human mouth was now all wrong. A smile filled with teeth that looked like they were made for tearing flesh lined it. An intense sense of danger overflowed him, and that is when Telvin made a mistake. He made the decision to examine her even though he knew what he was looking at was likely the general.

 

Name: Jillian Crasher        
Race: SoulMarked Human (General) Level 60 Diffulculty 12
  HP 1000/1000 MP 450/1500    
Attributes

Strength 90

Constituition 100

Intelligence 150

     
Skills

Intermediate Monster Birther

Anal Womb

Rend the Flesh

Call upon the Madness

Aspect of the Marked

     

 

The second he examined her, Telvin knew he had fucked up. She stopped dead in her tracks and then looked directly at Telvin. She let out a toothy grin and said words that Telvin should have been unable to hear, but he still heard them as if she was right next to him. "I found you!"

"Oh god Message Jack now, the General is coming!" Telvin yelled and at the same time began to summon Nature's Rage. As he manipulated the power of the skill to start to flow through him, the General took a step forward and to Telvin's horror was right in front of him. At that moment the skill activated and a massive flash of light nearly blinded him as a lightning bolt slammed into the general.

Blinking his eyes to rapidly clear his sight, he saw the general being tossed away from them by dozens of lightning bolts. He looked at Megan who said "Jack is on the way. We need to get going now while she is pinned down." 

They jumped out of the mansion and began to weave around the bodies of the goblins. The tower was getting closer as Telvin heard the booms of the thunder start to die down. As they crossed the sigils, he heard a female voice right behind him say "That was fun. Is it my turn to play now?"

A hand snatched him by the throat and Megan glanced back at him and he yelled "Go!" The next second he found himself being flung to the side and slamming him hard into the ground.

"Oh we are going to have so much fun the two of us." She said as Telvin crawled away from her. 

"Yeah, you can go have fun in hell bitch." He wheezed out as she got closer. At that moment he flung a knife at her face. She caught it and snapped it in half in her grip.

"Cute. I had been planning on opening you up to see your insides, but you know what? I think you would be suitable to host a goblin king baby. Don't worry, giving birth feels so good, you will enjoy it. I'm just sad that you can only experience it once." 

Telvin felt his rage start to rise and as she reached down towards him, he tried to smack her hand away unsuccessfully. She just smiled that horrible grin and was about to continue when she glanced alarmed to her side as Jack suddenly appeared and kicked her away from Telvin.

He looked at Telvin "Go. I'll keep her busy. It should buy you enough time to get to the Main Control Area." 

Nodding Telvin pulled out a health potion and downed it, then he got up and ran towards the tower as quickly as he could. His chest was screaming at him while he breathed heavily. He was sure he had broken a few ribs when she tossed him. As he ran, he could hear several loud booms behind him as Jack began to fight the general.

When he got to the door of the tower, he opened it and slipped inside, to see Maetrin staring slack jawed at him. Maetrin ran up to him and said "I thought you were dead are you okay?"

"I'm banged up a bit, Jack saved me from being used as a goblin fuck toy."

"I"m good. Is Megan upstairs?" Telvin said.

"Yeah, she ran up once she got in here. Here let me hit you with a healing pulse." Maetrin laid his hand on Telvin's chest, and he felt some of his health return.

"Let's go." Telvin said and ran up the stairs. When they reached the top, Megan had just finished activating the tower.

"Telvin you're alive!" Megan ran over. "I'm sorry, once I saw the General grab you, I made the decision to keep going."

"It's alright. Where's Yukali?"

"She wasn't down there with you Maetrin?"

"No?"

Just then they heard the noticeable hum of the teleporter activating. "that must be Yukali!" Telvin said.

"She must be headed to the Main Control Facility. The other team had finished with their second tower before us." Megan said pointing out. Telvin looked out and saw all the towers had been activated. He noticed several glowing lines linking all the towers together forming a star pattern.

As he looked, several more lines began to activate, and Telvin could see that the streets of the city were more than streets they were actually symbols as they lit up. Nearby he saw buildings crumble and guessed that's where Jack and the general were still fighting.

"We need to get down now!" Megan said, and they began to run down the stairs. When they reached the bottom of stairs, they saw Jack stumble in and close the door to the tower. Then he smashed the controls. He looked pretty banged up but no obvious wounds. "Were you able to kill the general?" 

He shook his head and said "No, I managed to get her pretty close, but the other general came along so I had to flee. We need to get to the Main control section. Where is Yukali?"

"She teleported already."

They went down to the teleporter and found that they could teleport to the building in the center. Jack had them get on the platform, and he activated it, then he smashed the controls. "That won't stop them from operating the other towers, but if they come here it will slow them down."

Jack got on with them, and Telvin felt the familiar feeling of teleportation a few seconds later. This time they appeared in a massive room on a platform similar to the teleportation platforms. Telvin looked over and saw the Ogre woman cradling Jadai in her arms.

Maetrin ran over and began to push healing energy into Jadai. As he did so, he asked "What happened to him?" 

Looking distraught she looked up and said "After Jack left, Princess Falean attacked Lord Jadai when his back was turned. Then she freed Lord Attomas from the ropes that they tied him with. Marden tried to plead with her to let him go, but she had her horse devour him."

Before she could speak more, another platform lit up and the second group appeared. Seeing them gathered they dashed over. Jack asked "What happened with the pregnant woman?"

"Lord Attomas and his servant took them downstairs and teleported away. I managed to drag Lord Jadai down to the teleporter and teleported us here."

Lady Niadas crouched by Jadai and asked "is he going to be alright?"

A few seconds later, Maetrin finished healing Jadai and said "I did as much as I can, I'm afraid he is going to be unconscious for awhile."

Veronica said, "My Lord, we discovered that Lord Attomas was here while he was a child."

"I suspected as much. Though I have no idea what he intends on doing here." Jack replied.

Alexia interrupted and said "Those symbols that lit up as we finished activating the tower look like some the kingdom of Sevaris words. I am still learning but what i could make out, it looked like some sort of seal."

"Doesn't matter what he intends to do." Telvin said. "I intend to shove my fist through his skull."

"This bullshit ends now." Jack said.

Thanks for reading my story

26