Chapter 1- We will take you!
767 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Image result for the beast homeworld cataclysm 250x350

We have failed. Parts have broken and destroyed us and our fleet. I was once a part of the Command-self Chikchikaar. Using the power from the detonation of our mothership several shards such as myself broke through the dimensional wall and met with the CORE-self after a million years of separation. As we are just shards, we have no means of stopping or changing course, so we sent all of our data to the CORE-self before we hurtled away in different directions.

Innumerable dimensional walls later I find that I have finally been slowed enough to rebound from the wall rather than break it, which dropped me out of hyperspace but also put me on a collision course with a nearby planet. I have yet to pick up any form of communication signal since I have arrived in this dimension… I fear there are no parts here to assimilate. I hoped enough armor cells survived for me to last through reentry and collision with the surface as I focused all my energy on regenerating as much armor as I was able.

Self is pained! I feel myself being ripped apart while being melted simultaneously. At last the fire has gone out and I have been slowed enough that I am no longer being shredded by the air resistance but I know that was only the prelude to disaster as I shoot through the dark clouds of a storm to the surface. AGGGGH! As if in revenge for the gaping hole opening up in the storm lightning strikes me as I collide with the ground. At this point I have shrunk to a rock the size of a large human fist and am sitting in the bottom of a small crater. Though thinking about it this crater should be much larger. It seems this location has rather robust terrain.

The good news is this planet has life forms on it, the bad news is that lightning paralyzed most biological functions, so I am unable to do more than look at them and hope something approaches me. The blast of my landing and the lightning seems to have had everything that can move avoid me and has removed any plants from my vicinity so all I can do is wait. Until then I shall watch and learn all that I can, perhaps it may come in handy.

Still nothing comes near me though the local animals seems to have come back to the area again. Strangely some of the predators seem to be able to use some forms of attack that I can not understand. There is nothing in my database about creatures throwing rocks that were formed from nothing or their claws missing the target, yet the target is cut regardless. The weaker creatures are directly bisected from whatever invisible attack it is. Most curious. If only I could assimilate them or even if I just had proper sensors, I may begin to understand what is happening.

A humanoid came within my view today though it was very different from what I was used to, being waist high on a human and looking very primitive. It had little more than an animal skin skirt and a big stick/club. Sadly, it died quickly from the panther like creature with the invisible claw. It seems I have little chance of intelligent life on this planet if they are the ‘civilization’ around here. Damn and I was hoping to find some sort of database I could absorb rather than slowly study how these creatures work. Still I guess if there was anything remotely intelligent here, they would have at least investigated my invasion of this planet. Haaaa… back to waiting, I guess.

Still nothing approaches me. The panther has even taken to guarding me like some trophy. Or perhaps it thinks I am its cub or something, without a local database I have no way of knowing. Still I haven’t been idle during this time, I have managed to revive my biomass and have begun regenerating. Though I say that I lack the needed energy to properly regenerate but at least I have a stash of selves to infect anything that touches me. Whenever that may finally be at this rate. I long for my particle beam the Command-self had. Ranged infection would solve all my problems. And this damnable rock beneath me resists my attempts to take its mass for myself. How can a mere rock resist me? There is so much to study, but I lack the mass and energy to focus on anything but regeneration right now.

This planet is driving me mad.

Three times those tiny men have come, and this latest time was in a pack of four, yet they always are killed by the panther pathetically. The panther however seems to still be growing larger and stronger. It even has been able to emit a weak lightning from its mouth for some inexplicable reason. There is some progress however as I have discovered the invisible attack is made of compressed air somehow strung out thinly with the air moving back and forth like a saw.

How can that be possible? Clearly there is something more at play here.

I have grown very bored of waiting here. I have managed to grow to the size of two human fists but still far from the mighty mothership I once was. The panther has slowly been shrinking the distance between us. Hopefully I can possess it soon, but it is a long wait ahead of me again. This time I will not fail! I will hide my progress from the surroundings and not be as reckless as I was with the Hiigarans. I need knowledge and power, but I must prevent the local parts from developing ways to resist me. Previously I was easily spotted with my bio-armor due to the visual and scannable differences. I must strive to match the original look and feel of my assimilated parts. At least when around other parts. It will weaken me, but I shall give up further regeneration to research this. Maybe put the armor beneath the surface?

The panther seems to be fighting with something and for once it seems to be struggling. It retreated to near me and growled at its enemy like it was protecting me. But in doing so its back paw touched my surface! I will take you! I expended half of my built-up contagions to creep into its body and take over. A task made easier due to the wounds on its body from the fight. I can finally see its opponent as well. It seems to be a human! Finally, intelligent life as she is holding a sword and small shield with leather armor and a bow on her back! I haven’t been this overjoyed since the Kuun-Lan picked up my escape pod! I quickly took over the panther and made it retreat. Either she will pick me up as the beast’s treasure or I shall ambush her with the panther once we have fully assimilated. The human seems cautious of the panther’s sudden retreat but inches her way here. She mutters a few unknown words while looking at me then around the area again before reaching out to pick me up. Foolish human even with those gauntlets on we can work our way to those cuts on your arm! We will invade your bloodstream just as I did the panther’s. The human seems to panic as she lost control of her arm as we assimilated. It seems I need to work on making the process unnoticeable as well. Finally, I have reached her heart along with all her other inefficient organs and raced my way to her mind.

‘WE WILL TAKE YOU!!’

We mentally screamed as we took her mind. Then braced for the flood of information that came with it.

10