Chapter 128 It’s Not a Crab…
115 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.
.
.
.

[Third Person POV]

As Lia was fighting the Crab Boss in the dept, somewhere inside the facility...
Near the main entrance...

RATATATATATATATA!!!
BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!

Many mercenaries and soldiers are fighting hoards of monstrous Crabs...
Many were already killed by it or turned into crystals...

"Keep firing!" (Mercenary)

RATATATATATA!!!

They kept firing their guns but the bullets just kept bouncing off their shells...
They kept firing everything at it...
Grenades, Rocket launchers, and even magic can't penetrate its shell...
Many kept dying left and right as the mercenaries and soldiers kept firing at it...
They didn't know where the Crab monsters come from but the monster ambushed them out of nowhere and started massacring them...

Ratak!Ratak!Ratak!...

As the soldiers and mercenaries were still fighting the Crab monsters in the distance behind where they came from a tank was moving to their position...
The hallway was big enough for a tank to come through so the soldiers brought a tank here...
V was beside the tank looking at the battle in front of him...
He didn't say anything...
The commander of the tank was looking at the battle as well from the top of the tank...
He opened his mouth and...

"Fire!" (Tank commander)

BANG!!!
BOOOOMMM!!!

The shell from the tank shoot out toward one of the crab monsters that was surrounded by mercenaries and the shell hit the crab monster shell and detonated...
All the mercenaries that were surrounding the crab monster were caught in the blast...
Killing them all...

"..." (V)

V can hear their screams from here...
The tank commander just smirks as he sees this...

"Heh! Disposable pawns they all are!" (Tank commander)

V just stayed silent...
As the smoke dispersed they both see that the Crab monster was still intact...

"WHAT!?" (Tank commander)

Tank shell didn't do anything to the monster at all...
The tank started firing again but the Crab monster started evading the tank shell...

"Keep firing!" (Tank commander)

BANG!.....BANG!.....BANG!

Every shoot hit the Crab monster but as the smoke disappeared what was left on the shell was a small crack...
The commander of the tank was flabbergasted at what he sees...
The Crab monster started looking at where they were and started rushing towards the tank...
The commander panicked and started shouting at the driver...
As that was happening V was no longer beside the tank and...
As the commander looked at where the Crab monster is...
It was right in front of him...

"Ah-" (Tank Commander)

BAAAANNNGGG!!!!

The Crab monster smashed into the tank and quickly destroyed it...
The ammunition inside hit each other and then something made a spark, then a chain reaction happened, and then...

BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

The tank exploded...
V watched in the distance away from where he was as the Crab monster come out from the wreckage and was not hurt by the explosion and fire at all...

"..." (V)

V just kept silent as he look at the Crab monster...

"KKRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!" (???)

Suddenly everyone heard a screeching sound echoing from the dept...
All the Crab monsters stop as they hear the sound...
Then suddenly...
All the Crab monsters started running...
Deeper into the Facility...
Leaving the mercenaries and soldiers stunned...
V just stayed there looking at the Crab monsters that were moving deeper into the facility...

.
.
.
.

[Liana POV]

"Ugh!" (Liana)

After evading all the falling stuff the Crab monster stopped screaming...
But the sound was still ringing inside my head...
I quickly smack my head with both my hands to make the noises stop but it made it worse...

"Aaaaaaaaa....." (Liana)

I can only look at the Crab monster right in front of me...
It was still absorbing the energy from the Crystal all around the place...
I can see the crystal started cracking and turning into powder...
As I was looking at it I suddenly remembered the girl that has haft of her body inside the crystal...
I quickly looked around and saw Clap pulling the girl out from the crystal...

"Hey, Lia! I Manage To Pull Her Out!" (Clap)

"Huh..." (Liana)

Seems like Clap manage to get the girl out...

"Eli are you still there?" (Liana).

I started talking to Eli...
To find that she is not on screen in my eye...

"Eli?" (Liana)

I'm getting quite worried but suddenly Eli quickly appeared on the screen...

[Sorry, Lia! The time plain was broken and time started moving again right now] (Elizabeth)

Eh...
So...
Everything is not frozen anymore when it was screaming...
I can see Eli's face becoming serious...

[Lia, you better be careful with that thing! It has quite the ability...] (Elizabeth)

I can see that...
I was appraising the Crab monster as Eli said that since I never actually appraised it yet...

???
LVL 7497
HP: ???????????
MP: ???????????

And what the hell am I looking at?...
Its level is above 7k...
SEVEN K!!!!!....

"Eli!!! What is the name of God is this thing!?" (Liana)

Does everything in this world have BROKEN LeVeL or something???...
I never saw anyone even below level 100 except for normal people!...
Every God dam monster has a level between 100-1000 but man!...
SSS-rank monster was around level 1000 in the common sense of this world I heard...
This thing is Seven times an SSS-rank monster!!!...
This world needs to fix its leveling problem because I'm starting to feel dizzy from the level differences...

[Well, I don't know as well... I never saw or even seen this type of monster in any time of days I've been doing] (Elizabeth)

"You got to know something right? You're the goddess of knowledge?" (Liana)

[I may be the God of knowledge but... It's not like I know everything, I only know the thing that can be seen and learned, but this thing... There's something sinister about this thing that even I don't know what to call it] (Elizabeth)

I kept looking at it and can see the dark sinister aura right in the middle of its head...
I narrowed my eyes...

"Is that the thing you were saying, Eli?" (Liana)

[...] (Elizabeth)

"I'll take that as a yes" (Liana)

Welp, no point in talking about that right now...
The Crab monster was still absorbing the energy from the surrounding crystals...
Wait...

[Lia... It's not only the surrounding crystal... It's all of the crystals in the facility...] (Elizabeth)

Absorbing all the energy in the facility?...
This is a boss monster we're talking about...
There can only be one thing when it comes to this!...
I better stop it befor-...
Wait a second!!!...

LVL 7498
LVL 7499
LVL 7500

Its level is increasing every second!?...

[Huh, so its level is going to keep increasing as it kept absorbing the energy... Good to know!] (Elizabeth)

Good to know my ass!!!...
I'm panicking right now ya know!!!...
I never have this type of headache except when fighting things in the DEATH FORREST!!!...
I quickly grabbed a grena-...
Wait what can a small grenade do to this thing!?!?!?...

"Eli! Deactivate Battle Mode!" (Liana)

There's no way I can deal with this thing without using my full power...

[Um... Why? It is fun to deal with this though without going full frontal and... I do like seeing your panic face a little more] (Elizabeth)

What did you say at the end there? I somehow can't hear it...

"Anyway just do it! There's no way I can beat that thing without my full power!" (Liana)

[Okay... Battle Mode is disabled!... now, I should try changing that name into something more meaning full than battle mode... It's weird when you look at how it works... Maybe challenge mode? Yeah, that should be it! I'm going to start tinkering with your status after this...] (Elizabeth)

As Eli kept murmuring something I already grabbed the star hairpin that I had on my head and...

Pling!pling!pling!...

The hairpin started lighting up and turning into light particles...
As a slowly took the hairpin from my hair and raise it towards the Crab monster that was still absorbing the crystal's power...

Plang!
Plaching!plachang!plang!Pang!

Light started coiling around my arm and my hairpin started turning into a gun barrel...

Buzz!Buzz!...

After a couple of seconds, the railgun was formed and I quickly pulled the trigger without any second to spare...

Pling!.......POOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!

The metal dart from my Railgun flew toward the Crab monster...
And...

WOONG!PIUUuuuuuusssss.....

"What?" (Liana)

The dark aura on its head started glowing brightly and...
A portal suddenly appears right in front of the Crab monster and ate the dart...
As that was happening the Crab finished absorbing the energy from the crystals...
Pretty much all the crystals here were already turned to dust by now...

"Hey, Would You Look A That! The Crystals In The Tube Is Still Alright!" (Clap)

Not now Clap...
The body of the Crab monster was glowing red and the dark aura that was on its head also started mixing with the red glow...
As that was happening I could hear some sounds coming from behind me...
More like...

Ratak!ratak!ratak!ratak!

Multiple stomping sounds...
I turned around and saw a wave of Crab monsters that was smaller than the Boss Crab monster rushing through the way we came...

"Ah, CRAP!?" (Liana)

I brace myself for the hit but...

RATAK!RATAK!RATAK!RATAK!

None of them are hitting me...
They all went by me towards...

"Ah..." (Liana)

As I turned around I saw something spectacular...
One by one the smaller Crab monster started forming a kind of long line? behind the main Boss Crab monster and...

CLACHING!CLACHING!CLACHING!...

One Crab monster attached itself to the back of the Boss Crab monster and then another Crab monster attached itself to the back of the Crab monster that was in front of it...
Every one of them did the same thing and they started forming a long coiled like chain like a snake or something...
It's getting longer and longer and started covering the whole place...
And the red and purple aura also started spreading toward each smaller Crab monster that attached itself to a long chain...
Or...
Segment?...
One by one the smaller Crabs started having the same aura as the Boss Crab...

CRICK!CRICK!CRICK!CRICK!...

Each of the Crab monsters started moving its legs in a wave motion...
Something like what a millipede and a centipede do? Wait...
Oh...
The Boss Crab monster was lifted by the long line of Crab into the air...
Its body was longer than the whole place itself and it was circling the whole place...
Ah...
Suddenly something thick inside my head...
I suddenly remembered something as I looked at what was in front of me...
I manage to arrange the dot on my head somehow...
I finally realized what was in front of me...
Or...
Should have been...
It's not a Crab from the start...
It was...

"Krick...krick...krick...krick..." (???)

It was a Giant...
Metal...
Centipede...

"KKKKRRRIIIIIIIII!!!!!" (???)

.
.
.
.

3