Chapter 139 Briefing and Preparing
102 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.
.
.
.

[Third Person POV]

In the sky above inside the golden ship bridge that was flying in the sky...

Clachik!*...

The door to the bridge opened and V came out from there...
V looked at someone who was sitting in the middle of the bridge...
Asjavar was sitting there with all of his glory but a bored expression...
Asjavar was sitting on his golden seat while looking out through the window not minding the others that are working hard...
They are still up in the air cruising along with his entire fleet of airships all around his ship...

Boom!Boom!Boom!...

Sounds of explosions were heard in the distance...
black smoke we're brewing around the sky around them...
Asjavar watches as one of the missiles flying hit an airship in front of his airship...
It got hit but the missiles made a hole in it...

"Tch*... Useless piece of junk! I should have known that Father will send me outdated ships like this!" (Asjavar)

As he said that a missile flew towards his golden airship and hit it...

BOOOOMMM!!!

The missile shakes the ship a little but...
The missile didn't even scratch the ship at all...
Asjavar smirked as that happened...

"If they think mear missiles can damage My ship then they are WRONG!!!" (Asjavar)

He started laughing again for a couple of seconds before looking at one of the operators operating the ship in front of him...
He recalls the time when a lone plane got out from the abandoned facility...

"Hey, did you find that fly that got away?" (Asjavar)

"W-were still looking into t-that sir! The missile is making it hard for us to track it but we got a fixed location to where they should be!" (Operator)

"Good! When we got there start the bombardment! We will make them come out from their hole! Hahaha!!!" (Asjavar)

V just stood there looking at Asjavar that started laughing out loud...
V Then looked out to the window...
His visors light up slowly as they cruise through to where Lia and the others are...

.
.
.
.

[Liana POV]

Step!step!step!...

Walking through the long corridor were me, Cyan, and Eli...
We are on our way to the bridge where Will was at...
While we were still walking Eli opened her mouth with one of her hands on her cheek...

"I wonder what's going to happen next?" (Elizabeth)

I turned my head and looked at Eli...

"What do you mean by that?" (Liana)

"Well, we know that the enemies are coming here with his/her armada of flying ships... I'm questioning how we will deal with this predicament..." (Elisabeth)

Now that you mention it...
I realized that we need to think about a plan to get out of here huh...
Cyan was staying silent behind us as I and Eli talked about what to do...
Cyan just looked at me and Eli silently...
Well...
She is not much of a talker in some ways...
And just like that Eli and I kept talking till we reach the door to the bridge where Will should be at...
I looked at Eli and then at Cyan before looking at the door again...
Should we just go in or...
And as I was thinking about that the door suddenly opened...

Pachussss...

"Oh" (Liana)

And what awaited us was Will sitting on his chair while looking at a tablet that he had in his hand...
He then turned his head up towards me...

"What, You're coming in or not kid?" (Will)

"Oh! um yes we're coming in!" (Liana)

And with that, we come into the bridge as Will got up from his chair...
He then turned his back on us before flicking his free hand in the air...
And then a giant transparent screen popped up in front of all of us...
What was on the screen was a whole view of the map around us...
I narrowed my eyes as I saw many red dots making their way slowly toward us...

"I got to say... I admire their determination and stupidity" (Will)

Will ten tapped on the tablet and more stuff are shown on the map...
Pictures of the enemy are shown left and right all around the ship...
Some are firing their anti-air while some was burning and falling from the sky...

"They lost almost ten cruisers in total but still made their way there without stopping..." (Will)

I can see some people even falling from the fallen airship...
I clenched my hands as I saw that...

"Wow, do they not even have any plans? Just brute force their way here?" (Elizabeth)

"Yup, nothing at all... They don't even care about the ones that have fallen" (Will)

Will then tapped on his tablet again and a single picture popped up on the screen...
It's a cruiser but...
Golden colored?...

"A... Golden Cruiser?" (Cyan)

Cyan tilted her head to the side as she saw this...

"That's the flagship" (Will)

"""Uh hu""" (((Liana, Elizabeth, Cyan)))

Well, it's the only one different from the rest of the ships...
Will then started tapping on his tablet again...
And a picture of someone hoped up from the screen

"This is the commander of the ship, a noble of the Empire, and his name is... Asjavar Valo... He is the first-born son of Marquess Valo and the heir that will succeed in their ranks in the Empire... Quite the big shot... Why is he here? I don't even know... Anyway! He had around 34 flying airships, Class Cruiser with 4 main dual battery cannons two above and two below, 20 anti-air flak cannons, and a cargo deck in the middle that can carry around 10 planes and other things... The cruising speed is around 18 knots in the air and has a crew capacity of around 500-1000 people and the rest should be unmanned" (Will)

That's um...
Quite the detailed information about the enemy ship...
Will kept speaking as we all listened to him...

"He had lost around 18 Cruisers now and almost all of his planes are destroyed... Not to mention the damage from the missiles we fired at them, their morale is quite low... But with his personality, nobody can back down..." (Will)

I put one of my hands on my chin while my other hand supports it...
I then opened my mouth...

"What about the mercenaries they hired? Where are they?" (Liana)

"Ah, Your right! They did hire a lot of mercenaries right?" (Elizabeth)

Will looked at the screen and tap on the tablet...
And a couple of red dots came from the screen again but...
It's from another side...
Wait...
The dots came from below the map while the enemy fleet came from above...

"About that... It seems that they want to surround us from the looks of it... The mercenaries have mixed units, some brought their planes while some brought small ships like frigates and other things like small cars or tanks... They are going to attack our backside while the fleet is going to attack us from our front..." (Will)

"Ugh..." (Liana)

Can we win this?...
It's only us and Will's team right?...
That means 7 of us against an entire army...
Will turned around as he guessed what I was thinking...

"Don't worry, we only need to hold on till daybreak... So..." (Will)

Will looked at the tablet in his hand...

"nine thirty pm... We need to hold on till six am and we can get out of here... that means we need to hold on for around eight and a half hours" (Will)

"fuuuu...." (Liana)

I lead out a long breath as Will said that...

"We got around three hours or so till they get here since we are still firing missiles at them in large quantity, so you don't need to worry, we also have quite a few defenses around the place like anti-airs and small cannons that will support you on the upcoming battle" (Will)

All of us nodded as Will said that...

"Take a quick rest kid, you're going to need it, Arms is doing his best at fixing your plane so you don't need to worry about your plane, I need you to patrol around the base so that no ambush can happen here while I and the others are still preparing... Can I count on you?" (Will)

I nodded at Will's question...
Not like we can back down now...

"Good, then that's the end of the briefing dismiss!" (Will)

We then got out from the bridge leaving Will alone in there...
I sighed as I thought about the incoming battle...
I slowly looked at Cyan...
I can see her with her face down... Looking at the ground...
No figure...
I looked at Eli and Eli saw me looking at her...
And then she nodded...
Eli then looked at Cyan and opened her mouth...

"Hey, Cyan-chan! Why not you come with me for a while?" (Elizabeth)

"Huh? O-okay..." (Cyan)

They both then moved somewhere leaving me behind...
I shook my head and then started walking towards the entrance to start the patrol that Will said to do...

.
.
.
.

0