Chapter 141 The Red Sand Mercenaries 1
49 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Third Person POV]

Woooooonnnnnggggggggg!!!!....

Alarms rang all around the base...

Inside a room, Seven was looking after the girl and heard the alarm ranging all around the base...

He got up and started walking towards the door...

He turned around to look at the sleeping girl but nothing happened so he quickly left the room and started moving towards the bridge...

Little did he know that the girl's eyes twitch slightly as the door closed...

Inside the bridge-like room, Will was looking at the many screens showing right in front of him...

"Hm..." (Will)

He didn't expect them to get close that quickly...

"Guess my calculation are wrong... But... Not too shocking... they have something in store anyway" (Will)

Will looked at the screen again and saw the fleet of airships divided into two...

"What are they up to?" (Will)

Will looked closer but then got disappointed as he looked at the screen...

The fleet was divided into two...

The one that was damaged and the one that hasn't gotten damaged...

It seems that the main one that hasn't even gotten damaged are leaving the damaged ones behind and was rushing here...

"Amateur..." (Will)

He then looked at another point on the map where the mercenaries are at...

They Were divided into three groups...

One was the recon unit...

The second one is the armor division...

And the last one...

"An artillery unit? Seems like they manage to rile up a rich group... At least they have tactics" (Will)

That artillery is going to be a problem though Will thought...

Pachussss...

As Will said that someone opened the door towards the bridge...

Will turned around to see Clap coming in...

Will sighed as he looked at Clap...

"Aren't you supposed to be working on the reactor?" (Will)

"Ahahaha! And I Already Did! With The Help Of The Repair Drones! They Will Be Done In No Time!" (Clap)

"... I guess that's good then" (Will)

Will then notice someone else coming in...

It's Seven...

Will looked at Seven and Clap then he started speaking and telling them what they need to do now...

"Seven I need you to arm the main gun at the top of the base and focus on dealing damage to the armored vehicle from the Mercenary faction, especially that artillery, Clap I need your expertise to start spamming all the remaining base missiles and target the enemy airships that are rushing here" (Will)

Both of them nodded as Will said that...

And Will kept speaking...

"If we can make the mercenary faction fall back it would be good for us so that we can focus on our main problem... What mercenary faction are we dealing with Clap? They seem quite decked out..." (Will)

"Ah! Uh! Ummmm... Ah, Here It Is! There Is Only One Faction From The Mercenaries Section That Was Listed Here And It's The Red Sand Faction!" (Clap)

Will sighed again as he heard that...

"Really? That bunch of Bandits? No wonder it's only them... They are notorious to rile up trouble with the number of people they have in their clan which includes thievery, killing, raiding, and other things I don't want to talk about... Not many want to team up with them and get their stuff confiscated by them forcefully... But..." (Will)

Will's haft Visor started glowing...

"It would be great for us if we dealt with their army, don't we? They are just a bunch of criminal scum that likes to cost trouble anyway and we may even accidentally help the locals if we destroyed them..." (Will)

Will nodded as he said that...

"Clap I want you to contact the kid and her team to deal with the Mercenaries that are coming here while you and I will be focusing on the incoming airship... Seven... I'm counting on you to help the kid in battle" (Will)

""Roger!"" (Clap & Seven)

Seven then started walking out of the room while Clap started moving towards a Control panel near where Will was at...

"By the way... Clap is Arms still fixing the kid's plane?" (Will)

Clap turned towards Will...

"Yup! Some Parts Can't Be Fixed Though Because They Are Costume Made But The Plane Is Ready To Fly! We Also Add A Couple Of Things As Well To Help!" (Clap)

Will nodded at Clap's words...

"Good tell Arms to stop the maintenance and get the plane started up then also tell the kid to get her plane up into the sky as fast as possible... We will need all the power we can to get out of here in one peace, and air superiority is one we most needed in this fight" (Will)

"Roger That!" (Clap)

Will then started to look at the screen again surveying all the enemies on the map...

While Clap started working...

.

.

.

.

[Liana]

We on the other hand...

"Sooo... You want us to deal with the incoming Mercenaries that are coming here from the back side?" (Liana)

[Psss* Pretty much, other than that your plane is in good condition to fly at least but... Some parts have to be arranged, so sorry if there's going to be something different when flying it] (Will)

"Yeah, I'm okay with that" (Liana)

Can't argue with that since almost all of my plane's weapons are kinda costumes made...

I wonder what they installed thought...

"What did you install anyway?" (Liana)

[Psss*... Well, you see for yourself when you flew it we don't have much time to explain! The enemy is already near you and is rapidly approaching you so be cautious] (Will)

"Roger that Lia out!" (Liana)

I closed the call on the communicator I have on the tip of my jacket collar and then looked at Eli...

"Eli you go get the plane, while at it also tell Cyan to help me when she got here okay?" (Liana)

"Okay, I'll be back then!" (Elizabeth)

Eli then started running towards the base...

Leaving me here out in the desert...

My ears flicker as I heard something in the distance...

I turned my head there and narrow my eyes...

I see smokes of dust in the distance...

I slowly opened my inventory and took out my trusty Remington 700 sniper rifle!...

I then crouch on my knees and aimed the rifle at where the dust was at...

I looked at the scope and saw...

Five or so desert buggies...

A four-wheel car that was specific to desert terrain...

Three of the cars are two-seaters while the rest are four-seaters...

The two-seat cars are moving in the front while the four-seat are behind them...

The car they are using also doesn't have any windows so that's a good thing...

I took a deep breath while aiming at the one in the front...

Slowly the scope sight steadied itself on the driver's head...

To take out a moving car...

Always aimed at the driver...

I slowly put my right finger on the trigger...

And then I took another deep breath...

"Ha....ha....." (Liana)

I hate killing people...

Not to mind that I did kill a couple of them when I was shooting them on a plane but I still hate killing them when I can see them though...

Shooting someone in a vehicle where you can't see them and shooting someone in your sight where you can see them have a big difference in perspective and mentality...

But anyway...

Since I am a mercenary I have to get used to this...

This is a world where killing is common and nothing can change that...

I kept my focus on the driver and pulled the trigger...

.

.

.

.

[Third Person POV]

Inside one of the four-seat buggies that were moving towards where Lia was...

Four mercenaries are laughing loudly while holding their weapon up high into the air like bandits...

"Hahahahahaha! Lookey here! I see a giant sand hill in the distance!" (Mercenary 1)

"Yahoo! We're going to raid a base again!" (Mercenary 2)

"Hehehe~ I hope they have a lot of money~" (Mercenary 3)

"I hope we can go to the bar tonight ~" (Mercenary 4)

As they were laughing the car next to them move a little closer to them...

"Oi! Stop whining you, imbecile! Are you trying to get us killed!?" (Mercenary 5)

"Heee~~~ Why does it matter~ All of the guys we face always runs after they see us!" (Mercenary 3)

"Yup!Yup!" (Mercenary 2)

The mercenary in the other car sighed as he sees this...

Then the mercenary beside him taps him on the shoulder...

"Let them be! Focus on the mission or the boss will kill us" (Mercenary 6)

"Right.... Hey! Front car you see anything?" (Mercenary 5)

He shouted at the front car...

And the car in the front then shouted back at him...

"Nothing out of the ordinary... Huh?" (Mercenary 9)

The mercenary in the front suddenly stops talking...

He notice this and started talking back...

"What did you see up there???" (Mercenary 5)

But as he said that...

Bang!!!

Pachus!!!

Suddenly something hit the driver of the front car in the head and the car started going out of control!?...

"Driver!" (Mercenary 6)

"I know!" (Mercenary 7)

The car they were in then started turning to the right sharply and evaded the out-of-control car...

The out-of-control car then hit something and started spinning before falling and crashing creating large dust of sand and stopping moving...

"What the fu*k was that!?" (Mercenary 5)

As he shouted another car in the front got hit by something and started spinning and as it spin it hit the four-seat buggy beside them...

""""AAAHHHHHH!!!?!!!?!!"""" (Mercenaries)

The two cars collided and crashed into the sand...

Killing all the mercenaries on it...

All of them are shocked by what happened until one of them started shouting...

"Sniper!!!" (Mercenary 8)

They all then snap back into reality and he quickly orders the driver to stop...

"Stop the car!!!" (Mercenary 5)

The driver quickly stop the car and as he did the two-seat car in front of them got hit and started spinning out of control again and crashing right in front...

All of them dismount from the car and crouched down on the sand except for the driver...

The driver took out a radio and started calling back up...

"We need back up I repeat we need bac-" (Mercenary 8)

That is until a bullet pierced his head killing him instantly and he quickly fall into the steering wheel...

All of them looked at the dead mercenary...

His blood dripped from his head into the floor of the car...

All of the surviving mercenaries are sweating...

Then...

Bang!!!

Pachusss!!!

One of them got hit in the head and died...

Only two left...

They then noticed that the sniper was in front of them and quickly got up and hid behind the buggy...

As they hide behind the buggy everything suddenly went silent...

One of them started muttering words...

"We're dead, we're dead, we're dead, we're dead" (Mercenary 8)

"Tch*" (Mercenary 5)

The calm mercenary slowly peeks from the back of the car but quickly pulled his head back as...

Paching!!!

A bullet hit the edge of the car where he was peeking...

"Sh*T!" (Mercenary 5)

He didn't know what to do anymore...

They are pinned down and can't even look at where the sniper was without getting killed...

The scared mercenary beside him keep mumbling while he was despairing because they are now sitting ducks...

"We need to get out of here..." (Mercenary 5)

He was thinking of a way at least to get himself out of here...

The scared mercenary looked at the calm one with shaken voice...

"B-but ho-... Ahhhhhh" (Mercenary 8)

The scared mercenary suddenly stops speaking...

The calm one looked at him with a questioning face but saw him looking up for some reason...

Step!...

Suddenly he heard something tapping above them...

Or...

More likely above the buggy they were hiding...

He slowly turned his head and saw...

A girl with Cyan color hair with glass shard-looking wings behind her looking at them from above...

"Ah" (Mercenary 5)

Both of them quickly raised their weapon but the girl gulped some air into her mouth and then suddenly blow cold air at them...

Both of them didn't even have the chance to pull the trigger before their body froze in place with ice...

After that, Cyan just stayed there for a couple of seconds...

Then she turned her head around and looked at the corpses of the other mercenaries that Lia kill...

Her eyes quiver seeing the blood dripping from their body and quickly turned her head back...

{Psss* You okay Cyan? Want to go rest?} (Liana)

She heard Lia's voice in her head...

Her voice sounds worried for Cyan, but Cyan shakes her head...

"Don't worry big sis... I'm fine!" (Cyan)

{Okay then, I saw more enemies coming here Cyan better start moving!} (Liana)

"R-right!" (Cyan)

Cyan then quickly flew up into the air again...

Leaving the two mercenaries that got frozen behind...

.

.

.

.

0