Chapter 17 Truth and Talking With Echo
1.4k 5 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

.

[Echo POV]

After a little intimidation...

The kid seems to be shaking uncontrollably for the most part...

Sigh...

I don't want to do this but I need to know what that kid has on that little head of hers... 

"...hm..."(Liana)

Oh, come on I look like a bully who is picking on a little kid here if you make that kind of puppy face...

"Well?"(Echo)

She still stays quiet...

Maybe I've needed to be a little rough on her...

But seriously she just doesn't ack like a kid at all...

She is smart and good at what she does and that's not all, she always stays quiet sometimes and usually talks to herself when she is alone...

Well, she did do a lot of things alone that make me shocked, and thought she might have something wrong with her brain, or am I seeing things that make my head hurt...

But after knowing her for some time I just started questioning what she can do and what does she want to do in my head...

This is getting more confusing the more I see her...

I slowly look at her face which seems to be on the brink of tears...

I lower my voice and talk to her...

"Hey... sorry if I raise my voice okay? but I can't help myself to not know what you are doing and what you are hiding behind my back kid... we've been together for quite some time and I saw a lot of things you did that makes me want to questions you including that moment where that corpse of my friend turn to dust when you touch it...so don't cry okay?"(Echo)

She looks at me with her eyes still having some tears...

"W-Will you keep it a secret?"(Liana)

Her voice is quite broken but...

"Shure I promise I won't tell anyone... Well not like I can tell anyone anyway..."(Echo)

Seriously she looks like my daughter when she looks like that...

She started to tell me her story...

Well...

What her story is it's quite questionable...

Reincarnated and getting some skills I never know and heard? Well, this is getting quite weird also seems like she still didn't tell the full story about everything I think? I'll let that slide for now...

.

.

.

.

[Liana POV]

"Reincarnated huh?"(Echo)

I knew he won't believe me...

And my story is weird anyway! Like he believes me getting reincarnated to this world...

"Well this is something...so that explains why you are quite smart  and intelligent"(Echo)

"Eh?"(Liana)

I look at Echo he believes my story?...

"You believe me?"(Liana)

He looks at me and nodded...

"Well it explains a lot of things you can do that time and also what you did back then, trying your best when we're fighting together so it's not like I don't trust you, also reincarnation was written in some book I read in the city where I'm from..."(Echo)

I look down with a little blush...

And wait for a written book about reincarnation? Does that mean that there may be other reincarnators like me in the past?...

"Well anyway out of all the story you still haven't told me about how you make the corpse turn to dust..."(Echo)

Ah, I haven't told him about corpse drain...

But it seems It's useless to lie to him so I tell him about my ability corpse drain...

.

.

.

.

[Third person POV]

Outside of the place where Liana and Echo are something is moving behind some Bushes in the Park...

Basi!Basi!Basi!

Grrrrr......

It came out of the bushes with growing sounds...

Grrrrr...

Basi!Basi!

Grrr...

Growl...

More came from the Shadow of the thing moving slowly to where they are...

The sun in the distance started to settle down and the place started to go darker and darker...

The thing slowly moves to the place where Liana and Echo are with the others following it...

.

.

.

.

[Liana POV]

"..."(Echo)

after listening to my corpse drain skill...

Echo stays silent with his hand on his hand raised to his chin while thinking...

He then looks at me...

"Kid"(Echo)

"Y-yes?"(Liana)

He talks with his deep voice while looking at me...

"Never tell anyone about that skill of yours..."(Echo)

I move my head to the right with a questionable face...

"If anyone's finds out about your skill I don't know what they will do...the ability to get a skill from a corpse is quite lethal for the one that wants power it's best to hide it instead of letting anyone know..."(Echo)

Yes, pretty reasonable that that ability is pretty dangerous to have anyone that wants power will want it...

"Anyway I give my thanks for telling me that I guess I can relax now..."(Echo)

I did another questionable face and move my head to the left...

"Well I just have so many questions about you but almost all of it is answered so I can loosen up a bit..."(Echo)

Oke seems I'm good and oke...

Ah...

I also want to ask him some questions...

"Um... Echo?"(Liana)

"Yes?"(Liana)

"How do you know what I was doing and how did I not notice you when I was alone..."(Liana)

"Well... No point in hiding it I guess...you did tell me your story so it is better if I tell you my story too... it's because of my skill"(Echo)

"you skill?"(Liana)

"Yes my skill is quite special I'm one of the recon unit and intelligent division types in my squad... I am one of the top operators in the police department and was assigned to a special squad to protect the citizen in the city... I'm usually tasked with intelligence gathering and keeping tracks on drugs organization and when I was deployed in the field I mainly do radio and ambushed... The skill that I have is presence concealment and silent noise... my skill pretty much block any of my presence so it's hard for them to know where I am and silent noise enchanted my presence concealment skill by not making any noise I'm pretty much invisible in any way and place it's easy to take down some enemy..."(Echo)

Holy Jesus, he looks like a cloker from pa&da# with swat armor...

Just need to switch his helmet with night vision goggles that glow green and it's done...

Can he move like the way of the cloker? Moving on vents and places undetected and kicking the robbers in the face from the back before striking them with a baton repeatedly?...

Okay, stop daydreaming!...

"Well, there is the drawback..."(echo)

I look at Echo...

A drawback?...

"I need to be very concentrated to use my skill... If I'm not well... My skill will fail also I can only conceal my self I can't conceal the others so it's pretty hard using it if I am under fire..."(echo)

Ah, okay I guess that's why echo didn't use that skill huh...

I look at Echo there one more question I have that I what to know what's been on my mind...

"Um...one more question?"(Liana

"Ah..yes what is it? You did tell me your part so now you can tell me my part..."(Echo)

"Um before...at the base... You mentioned something about...um... someone who is it?"(Liana)

"..."(Echo)

Um did it hit something that he doesn't want to tell?...

"U-um sorry for as-"(Liana)

"No its okay..."(Echo)

He looks at me and I look back at him...

The place was silent...

He takes a deal breath...

"It was about my daughter..."(Echo)

Uuuh... 

I did pick a bad topic...

I lower my face to the ground...

"Hey, come on don't look at me like that, it's okay"(Echo)

I stop my face and then slowly look at Echo...

"I have a daughter... Her name is Ania she resembles a lot about you"(Echo)

"Really?"(Liana)

"Yes about your expression when your sad or Happy, and about how you always work hard till the end, and always try to be strong you really do look like her in a way, I just wish that I wasn't so weak that time..."(Echo)

"... What... Happen?"(Liana)

Echo looks down...

And then he put his hand behind his vest and took out something...

It's a hairpin with a decoration of a falling star with a blue round jewelry decoration in the middle of the star...

A hair pin

" It happens when the first Armageddon started"(Echo)

"The first Armageddon?"(Liana)

"Ah... You don't know about that do you? about that, huh well... The first Armageddon is when the human first unleash their machines to our country... This is the second Armageddon..."(Echo)

Echo look at me then he looks at the hairpin in his hand...

"The story is quite hard to tell and quite harsh, but I think I can tell the story to you I guess... it all started 10 years ago when the first Armageddon arrive at one of the capital city of the beast-kin name uranius and also the home of where all race are free to live in..."(Echo)

Echo then started telling his story...

The story about what happened to him in the past...

.

.

.

.

49