Chapter 35: Beast Boy
8.9k 35 248
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 35: Beast Boy

The Batcomputer found Garfield in Africa.

It seems he has been surviving in the wild for a few years after his parents died in an accident.

The only reason why the Batcomputer hasn’t managed to find him was probably because it has been a while since he changed back into human.

Good thing he turned into a human outdoors and the satellite managed to pick him up.

If it was the same as in the comics, the reason he became Beast Boy was because of a rare disease called Sakutia, otherwise known as the Green Fever. It is said that humans aren’t able to survive it and only animals can.

His parents were biological experts who were developing reverse evolution to bring back extinct creatures. Just in time, his father had finished a prototype when Garfield was infected with the virus so he used it on him, hoping that de-evolving him would be able to get rid of the virus.

And it worked. Only, Garfield gained the ability to turn into any animal he could visualize and his skin and hair had turned green.

Lucas thought about Beast Boy and wondered if he should slot his character as well if he got the chance.

But if he did, will he turn green? Or maybe white?

...Let’s not hurry. Anyway, it doesn’t matter to him if he gains his ability or not and would only consider if he has a few more extra slots.

Lucas flew towards Garfield and appeared behind him.

“Hey there.”

“Uwaaah!?”

Shocked with someone suddenly calling out to him from behind, Garfield turned to a monkey and clung to a nearby tree.

“W-what? Who are you!?”

“Calm down. My name is Lucas Wayne. Are you Garfield Logan?”

“I-I am...what do you want?”

“I see you have an interesting ability there. Do you want to see mine?”

“Huh?”

Lucas smiled and started to float.

Seeing him fly, Garfield had stars in his eyes and turned into a bird as he flew around Lucas.

“Cool! You can fly!?”

“That’s not all.”

Lucas’ eyes glowed white and shot towards a tree. In a second, the tree was pierced and burned into flames.

“That is so cool! You have like, heat vision or something!”

“I can also transform into other people but not animals like you.”

Saying so, Lucas transformed to Garfield.

Garfield returned back to human form and looked at him in wonder.

“Wow...I thought I was the only one with special abilities…”

“How long have you lived here?”

“Umm...I think about 4 years now? I should be 10 years old by now!”

“You’re pretty young. How about following me back to the city? I’ll introduce you to other special people as well.”

“Okay!”

Garfield nodded happily as he was already getting bored living here by himself.

Actually, he was just thinking if it was about time to head to human civilization or not when Lucas came along. Since he can meet other people with special abilities as well, then even better!

He was afraid that he would be alienated because of his appearance. Seeing Lucas have special powers as well, he was no longer afraid.

“Wear this.”

Lucas tossed him a set of clothes made of special material that he managed to ask from Miss Martian which can let him morph the clothes along with his ability.

Garfield wore the clothes happily.

The clothes had a simple design of black and purple.

He tried shapeshifting into a gorilla and the clothes morphed to match his size. He tried various animals and the clothes always stayed on one way or another.

Lucas had to make it like this because...well, this is reality. If Garfield transforms into a gorilla and doesn’t have clothes, then his thing would still be visible right?

They can choose not to draw it in the comics or tv series but this is reality!

As such, he had to give this guy a shirt and pants!

Lucas smiled and waved his hand as he created a white plane made with hardlight.

“Hop on.”

“So...freaking...cool!”

Lucas shook his head with a smile at the excited Garfield and flew away.

After a while, they reached Mount Justice and Lucas removed the jet hardlight.

Garfield turned to a bird and flew down before reverting back to his human appearance.

“Whoaaa! This place is so...awesomeee!”

Garfield became excited again and turned into a green monkey as he swung around the place, checking everything.

In the lounge, the ones present are Aqualad, Wonder Girl, Miss Martian, and Static.

Static looked at the green monkey and was surprised.

“What the heck is this thing?”

“That’s Garfield Logan. A new member of the team.”

As Lucas introduced him, Garfield returned to human and greeted the others.

“Pleasure to meet you all! I’m Garfield! But you can call me Gar! Hey! There’s another one with green skin! Nice!”

Gar saw Miss Martian who also had green skin and was very happy.

Lucas smiled when he saw Gar start to play with Miss Martian. He looked at Wonder Girl and asked.

“Where’s Raven and the others?”

“Raven’s still training. Kid Flash is still cleaning up. As for the two ‘Kara’s...well, they’re still in that other Kara’s room.”

“It’s Karen. Alright then...I’ll go and see how they are doing.”

Lucas sighed and went over to Karen’s room to check up on them.

He knocked on the door and called out.

“It’s me, Lucas. Can I enter?”

“Eh!? J-just a sec!”

Hm? Why are they so flustered?

After a while, Kara opened the door and gestured towards Lucas.

“C-come in…”

“Thanks.”

Lucas saw Karen on the bed with a flushed face and there was some sweat on her face as well.

Confused, Lucas turned to Kara who also appeared the same.

...What the hell are these two girls doing?

Lucas can’t help but let his imaginations run wild.

...Supposed what he thought of was true...is this considered as self-cest?

Lucas shook his head to get rid of the idea.

They’re probably just crying a lot or something. Yep. Seems possible.

Karen cleared her throat and asked.

“What is it?”

“Nothing. I just came to check up on how you were doing. I’ve picked up another member for the team so...if you both feel up to it, you can go and greet him as well.”

Hearing that, Kara sighed in relief.

“Oh, so you are also picking up guys...I thought all you knew was picking up on more women.”

“...”

Lucas was speechless and also annoyed she thought of him that way.

“Why? Are you jealous?”

“I-I’m not!”

“By the way...you two...what have you been doing just now?”

“N-none of your business! Now get out!”

Lucas was satisfied with teasing her and laughed while walking out.

Anyway, it’s good that they seem to be getting along now. Karen looks like she’s feeling better too.

Lucas then walked to the training room to find Raven.

On the way, he ran across Kid Flash who was still cleaning up.

Since he has been sincere enough, he let him off and allowed him to use his speed to clean.

Kid Flash was ecstatic and cleaned everything in a...well, in a flash!

After telling him to meet the new kid, he went off and looked for Gar and the others.

Lucas arrived at the training room and saw Raven float while controlling the dumbbells around her.

Seeing her forehead sweating already, Lucas figured that she has been doing this for a while now and is tired.

He took some bottled water at the refrigerator in the room and walked over to Raven.

Sensing Lucas arrived near her, Raven stopped and settled down.

“You’re back.”

“Yep. Here.”

Lucas tossed the bottled water to her which she took and drank.

“There’s a new kid I picked up with an interesting ability. You should go and introduce yourself.”

“...Is it another woman?”

“It’s a boy, okay? Seriously, why are you and Kara thinking the same thing?”

“Because you seem to always pick up a girl somehow when you leave. Then that girl will fall in love with you.”

Lucas nearly choked on the water he was drinking when he heard that.

“Since when did that happen? Wait, did you also fall in love with me?”

“...It was a joke.”

Raven turning her head away from Lucas was not very convincing.

Lucas squinted his eyes and looked at Raven suspiciously.

In his mind, he was deliberating.

What should I do? Raven is a masochist, right? Does she want me to spank her? Chain her up? Or maybe neglect play?

Raven, as an empath, couldn’t read minds but can still feel them.

Sensing that Lucas was thinking of something very insulting, she glared at him hatefully.

“Lucas...what were you thinking just now…?”

“N-nothing. I was just wondering if Kara is also the same.”

Raven’s face twitched.

Her robe started to float and her eyes glowed red along with another two eyes that appeared on her forehead.

“After what I just said, you’re actually thinking of another woman!?”

“I was joking! I was joking! Calm down! You're turning into a demon!”

Lucas waved his hands and formed white hard light chains that bound her to calm her down.

After a while, she calmed down and depowered.

Lucas sighed in relief.

Raven...is she really a masochist that would only calm down after being chained?

As soon as he thought that, Raven started glaring at him again.

It took a while but Lucas finally managed to really calm her down. In the end, she laid on the ground with her head on Lucas’ lap.

“...Idiot. Do I have to speak out how I feel to you?”

“...”

Lucas smiled wryly and sighed.

“You know I have other women already...right?”

“Shall I kill them?”

“...Please don’t.”

Raven...why are you turning into a yandere now!?

She snorted and looked up at Lucas.

“Then there’s nothing I can do about it. Just be a man and take responsibility! Are you going to accept or not!?”

Lucas smiled.

“Aren’t you an empath? Don’t you know how I feel already?”

“I don’t care. Prove it.”

“Fine, fine.”

Lucas lowered his head and kissed her on the lips.

“Your emotions...I’ve received them.”

Raven get!

I've researched a bit on Beast Boy's origin and it's a bit confusing since his first appearance in the comics is actually in Doom Patrol. As much as possible, I don't really want to include the Doom Patrol here as I don't understand them much so I had to work around it a bit.

The origin of how he got his powers was still the same as in the comics and not like in the Young Justice show.

Regarding Kara and Karen...ahem. Just let your imaginations run wild. I will neither confirm nor deny anything :P Maybe it's what you think, maybe it's not. Maybe it's a different thing. Maybe they're just playing UNO. Things can get pretty heated in that damn game XD

See ya next chap!

248