Chapter 40: Under the Sea
9k 29 258
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40: Under the Sea

“Do we have any ID on who the other perp is?”

Lucas asked as he heard about the case from Chloe.

Chloe opened up a folder in her hands and showed him a profile of the other culprit.

“This is him. We already have our people searching for him so he should turn up eventually.”

“Got it. Give me a sec.”

“Wha-?”

Chloe was about to ask what he meant by that but Lucas was already gone, leaving only a gust of wind and a trail of white lightning.

“...”

Chloe’s eyebrow twitched in annoyance. She still can’t get used to Lucas…

Lucifer just chuckled and looked at Chloe.

“Don’t you just like that guy?”

“Ugh…”

Then, in just a few seconds of searching the entire Los Angeles, Lucas came back in front of them while holding an unconscious middle aged man. Looking closely, he’s the guy that Chloe showed earlier.

Lucas grinned and tossed the guy to Chloe.

“Got him.”

“...Wow. I can’t believe you caught our guy in a-”

“Flash?”

Lucas laughed as he finished Chloe’s sentence.

Chloe sighed but laughed anyway.

Lucas’ methods might seem...unusual...but he did save them a lot of trouble so there was nothing she could complain about.

“I would say ‘snap’ but Flash also works. What, is that like, your superhero name or something in your world?”

“Nah he’s someone else. I’m called Prime.”

“Why?”

Lucifer asked.

“Well, my brother gave me that name. Maybe it was because I was the first superhero that appeared in my world.”

“Hm. I like it. Catchy.”

“Still doesn’t beat the Devil though.”

Lucas and Lucifer laughed and they both raised their fists as they bumped each other like good old bros.

Chloe shook her head and sighed at them. She feels like these two are gonna wreck chaos if they continued to be together...

Lucas clapped his hands once.

“Alright. You caught your bad guy, and I should also return now. I can’t leave my world for too long.”

He took out the interdimensional extrapolator and opened a portal back to his Earth.

“You're both welcome to come and hang out in my world too whenever you can, if you want. I think Lucifer has a way to travel to other Earths.”

“Uhh, no tha-”

“We’d love to!”

Chloe was about to refuse but Lucifer had already agreed on her behalf.

Lucas laughed and walked to the portal. He had a feeling he would be seeing the two of them again sometime in the future.

“Till next time then. Luci. Detective.”

Then, the portal closed.

Chloe turned to Lucifer and gave her a look.

“Are you seriously thinking of coming over to another Earth!?”

“Why not? We can do it on your day off. I’m sure it would be fun! Don’t you want to take a look and see a world with superheroes and whatnot?”

“...Well, it does sound interesting.”

“Then it’s settled!”

“Fine. Whatever…”

The two of them laughed and chatted while dragging away the culprit that Lucas found.

When they returned to the precinct, they found that the place was nearly empty.

“Where’s everyone?”

Confused, they looked around and saw that people were gathering in the interrogation room.

They looked at each other then walked over to see what was happening.

“What’s happening?”

“Shh! We’re having a bet to see how long it will take for Dan to wake up!”

“Huh?”

Chloe blinked in confusion. Then, she looked inside the interrogation room and saw Dan sleeping like a baby inside.

“...”

She had a feeling and looked over to Lucifer. But when she turned, she found that Lucifer was no longer beside her but was trying to sneak out of the building!

Damn! This was definitely Lucifer and Lucas’ doing!

Back to Lucas’ Earth, Lucas had stepped out of the portal and yawned. It was getting pretty late so he felt a bit sleepy.

He checked in with the team first and saw that there were no problems.

“Idol! You’re back!”

Rose came out of the training room still drenched in sweat as she greeted Lucas.

Lucas smiled and appreciated the curves being shown from her clothes sticking to her due to her sweat.

“Rose. Are you getting used to the team yet?”

“Yep. Other than some annoying prick and bitch. Everyone is nice!”

Rose smiled as she answered.

“I see.”

Wait, what?

Annoying prick? Bitch?

Then, Lucas turned and saw two people glaring at Rose. It was Robin and Kara.

Oh. So they’re the annoying prick and bitch.

The prick aside, how come Kara hates Rose so much?

Lucas scratched his head and wanted to ask but he felt like that would just make things more awkward.

In the end, Lucas patted rose on the shoulder.

“Well, you are all part of the same team now so you have to get along. One day, you will have to trust each other to have your backs.”

“Mmm...okay…”

“Good girl.”

“Hehe.”

At the side, Slade was holding a bottle of water when he saw Lucas patting his daughter.

*Splash*

Unconsciously, his hand clenched hard on the bottle and the water spilled on his face.

Lucas felt the death glare Slade was giving him and quickly pulled his hand away.

Not that he was afraid of Slade...but an angry daughter-con father is still terrifying…

Lucas said a few more things to the others then walked away to look for Karen.

Arriving at her room, he knocked first.

“Come in.”

Lucas opened the door and saw Karen sitting on the bed while reading a book.

It seems that Karen had already learned English. Or maybe instead of learned, saying ‘remembered’ is more appropriate.

“Hey, just wanted to check in. Has your memories come back yet?”

Karen shook her head.

“No...but I think it’s better this way.”

“Why?”

“My whole world is gone...if I remember my past, it will only lead to more sadness...I don’t want that.”

Lucas sighed and sat beside her as he placed his hand on her back.

“Don’t worry about it. Since you don’t want to remember, then you don’t need to force yourself. You can just live a new life here.”

“Thank you, Lucas. You are a good guy.”

Lucas froze.

Did I just get a ‘good guy’ card?

While thinking of such nonsense, he felt something wet touch his cheek. Karen had kissed him on the cheek.

“You…”

“It’s just a kiss. Now get out of here. Or were you expecting something else?”

“...”

Lucas can only smile bitterly and leave.

On the way out, he saw Kara who was about to enter her own room.

Seeing Lucas come out of Karen’s room, then that mark on his cheek, Kara was shocked.

He walked over to Lucas then suddenly kicked his leg without warning.

“???”

However, it really didn’t hurt much so Lucas was just confused when Kara walked away.

Shaking his head, Lucas wondered where he should sleep today.

“Hm, it’s been a while since I saw Mera...and I also haven’t gotten the chance to visit Atlantis yet…”

Lucas called Mera and told her that he’ll be visiting.

Mera happily cheered and said she’ll be waiting for him in her chambers.

Lucas chuckled and flew away.

When he reached the ocean, he dived in and swam towards Atlantis.

Since he had synched with Mera’s character, he is also able to breathe perfectly fine underwater so there was no problem.

In a few seconds, he had reached Atlantis.

It was certainly a beautiful sight to see the legendary city under the sea.

Lucas swam slowly as he looked around the place while heading towards Mera’s place.

Mera already told him earlier where she lives so he was able to quickly find it and enter.

Inside the house, it was no longer filled with water but air instead.

He walked inside and found Mera waiting for him.

“Lucas!”

Mera jumped towards Lucas and gave him a big hug.

“It’s been a long time!”

“Sorry about that, I’ve been busy with the Young Justice thing lately. A lot of things seem to pop up as well.”

“It’s fine, I am also usually busy with work stuff since the King is playing superhero above ground.”

Mera laughed.

Lucas held her in his arms and carried her over to the room while kissing her.

Once they reached the room, he pushed her down on the bed and started to take off her clothes.

Mera stretched her hands and held Lucas’ head.

“Lucas, take me…”

Hehe...

The following morning, Lucas woke up with a naked redhead Atlantean next to him.

Lucas smiled and saw Mera was waking up. He moved his face close and kissed her.

“Good morning my little mermaid.”

“Good morning my prince.”

Mera chuckled and kissed him as well.

Lucas felt heated again and they began another round soon after.

Hehehe...

...

After a while, the two of them stopped and they both got dressed.

Mera cooked Lucas an Atlantean breakfast and they both chatted as they ate.

After eating, Mera had to go to work and Lucas was about to go back to Mount Justice when they heard commotions outside.

An Atlantean soldier quickly arrived at their door and saluted.

“Princess Mera! We are under attack!”

“Who’s attacking!?”

“It’s the Black Manta and his army!”

Mera frowned and quickly walked out. Lucas followed behind her.

Since he was here anyway, he might as well help out Mera deal with the situation.

Soon, they saw an army wearing black armors attacking Atlantean soldiers.

There are also submarines and sharks involved in the fight.

Lucas looked around and saw one man stood out from the rest. He had a huge-ass helmet with two large red eyes. It was Black Manta!

Lucas turned to look at Mera and held out his hand.

“Shall we?”

“Hehe, that Black Manta sure is unlucky. He could’ve picked any other day to invade but had to do it today when you’re visiting…”

Mera laughed and held his hand.

The two of them looked at the opposing army and they both stretched their free hand forward.

The sea around them started to churn and flow according to their will.

Mera was already a powerful water sorceress but coupled with Lucas’ power as well, they were simply unbeatable in this sea!

It did not even take 10 minutes and Black Manta’s army had already been defeated!

One had to say…Black Manta is seriously unlucky!

“You fools! This isn’t the end! I will be ba-!?”

Lucas had enough of him already and slapped him unconscious. Did he really think he would just watch while he escapes?

“Well, that was fun.”

Lucas chuckled and took Black Manta by trapping him in white hardlight.

“I’ll go and lock this one up and you can deal with the rest.”

“Sure.”

Mera smiled and kissed Lucas one last time before leaving.

Lucas shook his head and smiled as well.

Then, he swam to the surface and flew away while dragging Black Manta towards Mount Justice.

He tossed him to another cell and left him there to rot. Of course, his helmet and stuff were confiscated.

Lucas isn’t planning to do anything yet to these villains he had caught, but for Black Manta, he figured he should at least tell Aqualad after he gets back from the mission.

Sorry for the delay. It was a very busy weekend for me due to work.

I tried to write lemons again but...well, it's just really embarrassing for me so I'll leave it to your imagination! Hehe...

I feel sorry for Black Manta for not having much screentime but...well, he's just really weak...

It feels weird not to end with a cliffhanger...like there's this itch you can't scratch...

See ya next chapter!

258