Chapter 46: The Truth
7.4k 20 207
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 46: The Truth

Soon after, Superman, Supergirl, and Power Girl arrived.

Supergirl saw that Bizzaro had been restrained already by Lucas and relaxed.

She looked over to Superman and asked.

“So what’s the deal with this guy? How come he looks like you?”

“I don’t know...probably an enemy of mine had somehow cloned me? I’ll take him to Lex and see what he can find.”

Superman shook his head and was about to take Bizzaro when Lucas stopped him.

“No need. Don’t you still have your day job? Go, I’ll deal with this one.”

“But…”

Lucas ignored Superman and turned to the girls while tossing their clothes to him.

“Go get change and follow Clark. Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon.”

“Well, okay then…”

Kara and Karen both looked at each other, feeling as if something was amiss but couldn’t quite put a finger on it.

Once Lucas saw the three of them off, he glanced at Bizarro once again and teleported to the prison in Mount Justice.

The prison there isn’t exactly built to hold someone of Bizarro’s strength so Lucas simply put him into a coma-like state in the meantime.

Afterward, he marched towards Lex Luthor’s office.

What happened next...well, you all know.

After piercing Lex’ chest with his hand, Lucas dragged him to his room in Wayne Mansion and sighed.

Then...he snapped his fingers.

“Wake up.”

“!!!”

Lex’s eyes snapped open!

Confused, he patted his chest a couple of times and looked around him.

Seeing Lucas glaring at him, Lex asked.

“I...what happened? Didn’t you...is this the Underworld? I heard from Bruce that you’re friends with Hades…”

“Stop imagining things! You’re in the Wayne Mansion!”

“...”

Lex froze for a moment, then calmed down again.

Looking at his chest and feeling his beating heart, he asked.

“So you didn’t pierce my heart? Why? Lucas, if this is some kind of sick joke-”

“Just stop it with the acting already. I’ve already checked you, there’s nothing on you for surveillance. Physically, Magic, or Mentally. Well, there is a weird mental seed planted in you but I destroyed that the moment I pierced you earlier.”

“...You knew?”

“When I confronted you earlier in your office, I heard a small frequency in your room. When I looked around with my x-ray vision, I saw a few listening devices and cameras in your room. It was even camouflaged with magic. I knew something was up.”

Lex fell silent and looked at Lucas in surprise. Finally, he sighed in relief.

He held his head with his palm and leaned on the wall.

“Ugh...I told Bruce that things would only get worse if we get in too deep...I’m sorry for how I acted, but I didn’t have a choice…”

“Explain.”

“Look, ever since you came back, things haven't been...the same. When you were gone, Bruce was in control of his emotions. He was smart and logical except for when it comes with that cat...but anyway, after you came back, he became more paranoid.”

Lucas frowned as he didn’t feel any changes with his brother when he came back.

He seemed...the same?

Lex knew what he was thinking and shook his head.

“He only appeared as if he didn’t change in front of you. But in truth, he was scared.”

“...Of me?”

“No. Of losing you all over again.”

“...”

Lex sighed and continued to explain.

“When we found out that a group of villains was gathering, he felt that they were planning something big. Maybe big enough to go against you. That’s why, he asked me to infiltrate their group as I am the most likely one to turn.”

“Seems logical.”

“...”

Lex glared at Lucas who nodded at that.

Lucas coughed awkwardly and motioned for him to continue.

“...Anyway, after some planning, the two of us agreed that gaining information from the inside is indeed valuable. I’ve mentioned to him that we should get everyone else on the fold but he refused and wanted it to stay a secret.”

Lucas nodded as he could see that happening indeed.

“It took a while, but I managed to contact one of the villains at the top of the Injustice League. Vandal Savage.”

Hearing this name, Lucas frowned.

Lucas knew Vandal Savage as an immortal man who is very skilled in killing and had unlimited knowledge which was cultivated through countless years of his existence.

Was he the one behind the creation of the Injustice League?

“Savage was very hard to please. He didn’t give me any information regarding their organization at all and kept testing me. He asked me to monitor you and the others from the Young Justice. I’ve talked to Slade about this as well and he agreed to be my informant as well for a price.”

“...”

That damn mercenary…

“I didn’t know they would send in the God of War of all people to go against you…thankfully, you were stronger. Otherwise, things would’ve only gotten worse.”

Lucas nodded and didn’t speak yet.

Lex continued.

“After that, Savage finally agreed on meeting me face to face. Just as I was about to meet him, I fell unconscious. When I woke up, I was strapped into a chair and a monitor was in front of me, showing a live video of Lena in her office.”

Lucas’ frowned deeply.

Based on his explanation, the Injustice League should also have a powerful mental ability user.

Most likely, when Lex was unconscious, they had already read his mind. Seeing that Lex was playing them, they then decided to resort to threats.

Lex sighed again.

“I don’t know if they had placed something on me which was why I didn’t dare to tell anyone about what happened. All I told Bruce that day was the meeting went well…”

“...So when I confronted you earlier, you had no choice but to act along?”

“Yes. Even though you had given my sister some powers as well, I didn’t want to risk anything happening to her. She’s the only family I have left, Lucas. I can’t let her die!”

As Lucas had bestowed Lena with powers, he also had some sort of connection to her. Using that connection, Lucas could tell that Lena was still alive and well.

“Don’t worry, she’s still alive. I wouldn’t let anything happen to her. Do you know where Savage might be?”

Lex shook his head.

“No, I’ve never actually met him face to face as well.”

“I see…”

Lucas didn’t speak for a while and pondered.

After a while, he asked Lex.

“That Bizzaro...how can you explain that?”

“Bizzaro?”

“That clone of Superman.”

“Ah, that one…”

Lex looked hesitant for a while. Eventually, he sighed and explained.

“Sigh...actually, I shouldn’t really tell you this...forget it, I’m not to blame for it. Actually, Clark and Lois came to me a few years ago.”

“Hm?”

Lucas was surprised as to why Lex started the explanation from there.

“I was surprised when they suddenly came to me and asked me to make a baby for them.”

“...”

“Hahaha, you should see the look in your face, Lucas!”

Lex laughed seeing Lucas’ expression then shook his head.

“It’s not what you are thinking. Actually, that’s what I thought too, and also had the same expression as you back then. It seems that Clark and Lois were unable to make a baby and Clark really can’t have his sperm tested in a public hospital or anything since his DNA would be found out. So they came to me. They wondered if it was possible to make a baby using his and Lois’ DNA. I mean, it works with humans, right? So I figured it should be easy enough so I accepted.”

Lucas’ face twitched a couple of times when he heard such an explanation.

He truly didn’t think...it was like this!

Lex continued.

“However, I was wrong. Mixing Kryptonian DNA and Human DNA proved to be...very challenging. The results were always a failure. That ‘Bizzaro’ you mentioned was one of them. He was unstable and powerful. The container he was laced with Kryptonites so we didn’t restrain him much. We didn’t think that he would actually be immune to it and escaped.”

Lucas sighed.

He had observed Lex all this while and could see that he was telling the truth.

If he was lying...well, he would be a very good actor to pull it off!

Besides, Lucas can always confirm it with Clark later on.

Lucas pondered then nodded his head.

“Alright. I believe you. I’m sorry for doubting you before.”

“No, Lucas, I’m sorry for all the things I said before. I truly hope that you can lead a happy and nice life without having to worry about all of these...you already gave up a lot back then. It should be our turn now to help you. It’s just that...we’re still too weak…”

Lex sighed helplessly.

Lucas smiled and patted his shoulder.

“It doesn’t matter if you are weak or not. You’re not alone. Unlike I was back then, I had no choice but to be strong to protect everyone. Now, there is the League. Whatever weakness you have, others can help cover for you.”

Lex smiled and nodded.

“You’re an inspiration, Lucas. Not just me, you’ve inspired countless people in this world to fight for what is right. I respect that.”

The moment he said this, Lucas felt something in his heart.

He could vaguely feel that this was the power of faith that Hades had talked about. Truly a weird feeling.

Still, it was quite small and didn’t seem to have any effects at the moment.

Lucas shook his head and chuckled.

“I’m sure you’ve inspired people as well, Lex. Otherwise, they wouldn’t keep working for you with your attitude.”

“...”

Ah, the faith power is gone.

Lex sighed.

“So, what now?”

“Now...well, for starters, we’ll go and prepare your funeral.”

“...”

“What? Since we made them believe you died, we have to go through with it. Otherwise, they might do something to Lena and even though I’m confident with myself, I’m not willing to gamble her life on that.”

“...Fine. Then what?”

“Then we’ll give you a new face and name. How does Darius sound? Oh, do you want to have hair this time?”

“...”

Lex face twitched a couple of times.

Dammit! Give me back my respect!

The two of them then continued to discuss their plan. After a few hours, Lucas left him alone and went out to look for his brother.

He needed to have a really long talk with him regarding this secret plan of his.

Ah, but first, Lucas made a pit stop at the Sirens club.

The purpose was to fetch Selina and use her against Bruce.

Yep, sounds like a plan.

Just as he was about to head to the club, he noticed something and looked up to the sky. His gaze penetrated through the clouds and saw two spaceships coming in hot into the surface of the Earth.

“Oh come on, does this have to happen now?”

Lucas complained but still flew over to where the spaceships were about to land.

It was a good thing that they were landing towards an uninhabited island somewhere in the Pacific.

Lucas flew there and waited for the two to land...though one of them crashed actually.

Seeing one crash and another land, Lucas didn’t make any moves yet and watched as the ship which landed fine started to open.

There, he saw a large man with greyish skin and long black hair.

“Huh? Isn’t this...Lobo?”

Lucas was surprised to see this character appear here. He didn’t think he would see him here at all.

He then looked at the ship that crashed and saw it open as well.

A slender figure fell from the door and was filled with wounds.

She had a golden tan skin, bright red hair, and green eyes.

“...Isn’t this Starfire? What’s she doing here? And why is she with Lobo?”

Lucas was really confused. However, he could see that Starfire is being chased by Lobo.

Since Starfire is Blackfire’s little sister, Lucas felt that he needed to help out at least, now that he was here.

Lobo and Starfire haven’t noticed Lucas yet who was invisible and floating in the sky.

Lobo lit up his cigar with a blowtorch and dragged a long chain with him as he walked towards Starfire casually.

“You can’t escape the Main Man. Be good and let me chain you up. Your bounty is only good with you alive.”

“Kh...Lobo! If my father finds out about this, don’t think of being able to escape as well!”

“The Main Man isn’t afraid of anything.”

“Well, we’ll see about that.”

Suddenly, there was another voice besides them from behind Lobo.

Surprised, Lobo turned around and saw Lucas floating down.

“Who are you?”

Lucas grinned.

“Someone who will make you very much afraid of.”

Cliff!

So now you know the truth XD Lex is still a friend. I've always wanted him to not be the bad guy but I had to make a 'bad guy' Lex appear somehow so the scene before was made XD

I know he's a jackass in the comics and movies, but at least here, I wanted him to have his own happy ending instead of being a bad guy.

Also, Starfire has finally arrived! Along with Lobo XD

As usual, had to end it with a cliff and torture you all.

See ya next chap!

207