Chapter 52: The End…Again
6.9k 31 204
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 52: The End...Again

Lucas clashed once more against Darkseid and frowned.

It seems that he had still overestimated himself. Even after a few blows, he was still unable to defeat Darkseid. Conversely, Darkseid was also not able to defeat Lucas immediately, leading to a battle of attrition.

Lucas sent another blow towards Darkseid and pushed him back. Using this chance, Lucas observed the battlefield quickly to make sure that the others are safe.

At the moment Lucas’ eyes left Darkseid, another figure was approaching Darkseid.

This figure was small enough that Darkseid and Lucas didn’t bother paying attention.

This person was Harley Quinn!

“Hmph! So this is the big bad bully hurting my cupcake! See how I give you a piece of my mind!”

Harley shouted but Darkseid ignored her.

He shook his head and stood back up, ready to cross blows with Lucas once more.

As for the ant crawling up his body, he didn’t need to bother with her.

Darkseid’s eyes glowed red once more and shot towards Lucas. Sensing the heat from the Omega Beam, Lucas’ eyes focused on Darkseid again and shot his own Omega Beam to clash with Darkseid.

A glaring red and white light illuminated the battlefield.

Sparks from the two Omega Beams would occasionally shoot out from the point of impact and hit anyone nearby.

When Lucas saw one of the sparks nearly hit Diana, he knew he can’t continue like this anymore. He extended his arm to his side and created a large sickle made of white hard light.

He swung the sickle towards Darkseid who guarded it with his arm.

The Omega Beams deactivated and the two once more charged against each other.

Lucas would create a huge vambrace on his arm while punching Darkseid while Darkseid covers his arm with his Omega Energy.

Phasing through Darkseid while he is covered in Omega Energy seemed to be impossible. As such, Lucas would teleport instead all around Darkseid in an attempt to hit his blind spots. However, Darkseid was experienced and would know where Lucas teleports.

After a while, Lucas decided that teleporting was also useless.

Lucas summoned fire and water to attack Darkseid but he was still able to destroy all of it.

The only effective way to damage Darkseid was in melee combat.

Their two bodies were covered in blood as they exchanged blows for the nth time.

Suddenly, Lucas noticed something strange.

Something is...climbing Darkseid’s eye?

That something was holding a spear-like weapon and was aiming it at Darkseid’s eye.

It seems Darkseid also noticed it just then and attempted to swat this ant. However, Lucas was one step ahead of him.

Lucas created chains made of white hard light and bounded Darkseid’s arms and legs for a brief moment.

Then…

“THIS IS FOR BULLYING MY CUPCAKE!”

*Boom*

A small explosion could be heard as the spear-like weapon shot an energy beam straight at Darkseid’s eyes.

As if this wasn’t enough, she also directly stabbed his eye with that weapon!

“AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!”

Darkseid howled angrily and exploded a huge surge of Omega Energy throughout his body.

Lucas quickly moved his hand to grab Harley and protect her from the blast.

“Gh!”

Lucas waved his hand and created a shield using magic and hard light around everyone else except for Darkseid’s men.

The surge of Omega Energy was powerful enough to decimate everything in its path.

The shield Lucas made only lasted for a few seconds before shattering and everyone else was blown away.

However, the moment Darkseid stopped releasing the energy, he was at his weakest.

Lucas’ arm was covered in white lightning as it vibrated at an impossible speed.

The next moment…

His hand passed through Darkseid’s chest!

But this wasn’t enough. Lucas didn’t dare to be careless.

While his hand was inside Darkseid, Lucas’ eyes glowed once more. The gem on his forehead also glowed and white wings emerged from behind him.

“Azarath Metrion Zinthos!”

Light started to gather from his hand which continued to expand.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

Darkseid howled as if he was being burned from within.

Lucas gritted his teeth and poured in every last bit of power that he has.

Lightning crashed from the sky and covered Lucas as it then converged in his arm.

The Tamarans slowly picked themselves up as they watched on.

The parademons were already wiped out, and what’s left of Darkseid’s elite were already heavily injured.

There was nothing else they could do.

Suddenly, Blackfire raised her hand and...shot towards Lucas!

“Sister!? What are you…!?”

Starfire panicked. Why did her sister suddenly attack Lucas at this critical moment!?

Blackfire quickly shouted.

“TAMARANEANS! GIVE YOUR KING EVERY LAST BIT OF ENERGY THAT YOU HAVE!!! FOR OUR FUTURE!!!”

The Tamaraneans looked at each other and understood what she meant.

Like them, Lucas had the ability to absorb star energy.

Then, using this logic, they could also transfer their own energies towards Lucas as well!

Starfire quickly snapped out of it and shot out her own energy towards Lucas as well.

One by one, the other Tamaraneans started to do the same.

“FOR OUR FUTURE!”

“FOR OUR FUTURE!”

“FOR OUR FUTURE!”

Batman picked himself up from the rubble while Superman approached him and lent his shoulder.

The two of them silently watched as the light coming from the Tamaraneans cover the sky.

“You can do it...little brother…!”

Lucas felt the various energies flowing through him. He gritted his teeth and grinned in front of Darkseid.

“Too bad for you...this was never a solo battle!”

“AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

“...”

Lucas sweated when he heard Harley scream beside his ear.

Right, it was Harley, who was now standing on Lucas’ shoulder, that screamed when Darkseid roared in his last moments.

Lucas so badly wanted to retort right now.

Girl, this is my defining moment! Don’t steal my scenes now!!!

However, Lucas can’t afford to be careless so he shook away this thought immediately.

He channeled everything within his powers and passed it through his arm within Darkseid’s chest as it burned his insides.

Lucas was about to open his mouth to say something witty before Darkseid dies.

“Time to die, you giant piece of turd!”

“...”

...Well, Harley beat him to it again…she even pointed her middle finger at Darkseid...

In Lucas’ annoyance, even more power was gathered in his arm

Finally…

*BOOOOOOOM!!!*

A huge explosion rang out and dust covered the entire area.

Everyone was silent as they waited for the dust cloud to dissipate.

When it did, they saw the large body of Lucas, appearing to be very weak and pale at the moment. They also saw Darkseid’s body...slowly turning into ash!

The battlefield was engulfed in silence.

They have all been waiting for this moment. But when it came, they didn’t know what to say.

Suddenly, they heard a girl’s cheer from Lucas’ shoulder.

“We won! We won! Yaaaay~!”

“...”

“Hm? Why are you all so quiet? We won right?”

“...”

Everyone looked at each other and broke into smiles.

“That’s right…”

“We won…! We actually won!!!”

“Darkseid is dead! We won!!!”

“All hail King Lucas!”

“ALL HAIL KING LUCAS!”

“ALL HAIL KING LUCAS!”

“ALL HAIL KING LUCAS!”

Lucas smiled bitterly when he heard those cries of excitement.

He was about to say something but felt his entire body was as fragile as glass at the moment.

His body started to shrink again into his original size as he collapsed.

“Ah! Cupcake!”

“Harley...can you...quiet down...just for one second…? Let me...sleep…”

Right now, Lucas felt very exhausted.

Not only did he use up everything he had, he went even further than that thanks to everyone’s help. Naturally, he was tired as hell right now.

He collapsed on Harley’s lap and directly fell asleep.

Soon, Batman and the others started to approach him.

Batman looked at Harley with a weird gaze first then at Lucas.

“He’s asleep…”

“Well, figures he would collapse. Man, I want to take a looong sleep as well…”

Flash chuckled and sat down on the ground, completely exhausted.

Diana approached Lucas and reached her arm to caress his head.

“I’ll take it from here, Harley.”

“No! You’re not taking my cupcake!”

“...”

Harley quickly pulled Lucas away from Diana.

Mera’s forehead started to twitch.

“Oi, we’re overlooking the fact that you snuck onboard the League’s spaceship since you helped. But don’t overstep your boundaries!”

“No!”

“Give him back!”

“No! He’s mine!”

“What do you mean he’s yours!? Give me!”

“He is the King of my planet! I should have him!”

“He’s not yours too!!!”

“...”

Everyone watched in stupor as Diana, Mera, Harley, and Blackfire pulled Lucas back and forth.

Lucas still didn’t wake up despite all this which made him look extra pitiful.

Superman turned to Batman and asked.

“Um...should we...stop them?”

“Stop? Hahahaha! I’m having the time of my life! Hahahaha- ouch! My back…”

Green Lantern laughed so hard that his injuries started to become hurt again.

Batman sighed and spoke in a deadpan tone.

“Leave them. Come on, let’s return and rest.”

“Eh? Is it really okay…?”

“He brought this onto himself. Who told him to start a harem?”

“...”

If Lucas was awake right now and heard what he said, he’ll definitely smack him in the face!

Darkseid is dead!

My version of Darkseid is probably weaker than the original...but oh well, this is just fanfic anyway XD

Now, time to contemplate on the next big arc...

See ya next chap!

204