Part 8
498 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 8

“Get up, girl!” Mindy shouted at me. When did she get in the house and why was she screaming at me? I rolled over and covered my head with my blanket. I didn’t want to get up, I wanted to sleep. Hopefully a dreamless sleep because another dream about wild Terry sex would drive me insane.

Oh, you love him and you love the dreams, you know you do, Eve said. The way she said it, I imagined she was sitting on the edge of the bed, one leg crossed over the other.

“Mikey, get. Up. C’mon, you’re gonna love this!” Mindy was being very determined.

I rolled onto my back - Keep your mouth shut, Eve. - and uncovered my head. “What?”

Mindy was smiling. “Get your best white shirt on, we’re going to the Anderson Twins’ lake party.”

I groaned. “Why? There's almost no reason to do that except to let boys see me in a wet tee-shirt.” And then my brain started working. “That’s also why you want it.”

“Not entirely, it’s mostly for party reasons.” She smiled wider. “Okay, it’s half and half. I wanna see you in a wet tee-shirt and I wanna see boys see you in a wet tee-shirt.”

I covered my head with my blanket again. “Why is it I become a girl and become everybody’s plaything?!” I uncovered my head again. “Is there nothing else any of you can do?!”

Allie was standing in the doorway. “I told her you wouldn’t go for it,” she said.

Mindy said over her shoulder, “Oh, shush.” She turned back to me. “C’mon, you need more boy experience and a lake party just before school starts is the perfect way to do it. Let everybody get used to the new girl before they start ogling your girls in school hallways.”

“They’ll still be ogling my girls in school hallways,” I said, defensively covering my breasts. I dunno why. There were two other girls in the room, one a lesbian and one my sister who’s already seen me topless. Still, it was reflexive. “Besides, isn’t it gonna raise suspicion when a mysterious new girl shows up with a best friend and sister to somebody the town hasn’t seen in a week?”

Mindy rolled her eyes. “Oh, please, there are people from all over gonna be at this party. At least half of it will be out of towners from other schools.”

I groaned. “Why am I even considering this?” I sat up. “I mean, why, really? Every day since I got possessed by Eve, it’s been a different goofy fucking adventure. A movie that almost turned into rape, a cosplay convention, becoming a secretary…” I sighed. “Why do I not get just Lounge around the house in a tank top and shorts time?”

Mindy made a Pbft noise. “Where’s the fun in that?”

I glared at her. “You just want to flaunt me at a lake party as your hot friend, don’t you?”

“Am I that transparent?”

“Like a bottle of purified water.”

She dropped something on top of me. “Good. Now put that on, then put some shorts and a tank top on over them.”

I picked up what she dropped on me and almost wanted to yell at her. She finds out one of her best friends has been possessed by a succubus and turned into a girl and she buys said succubus-possessed-friend a pink and orange bikini?! I didn’t even like pink that much!

I happen to think it’s adorable.

You’re a girly sex demon, of course you think it’s adorable!

How has none of my fashion sense rubbed off on you yet?

Y’know, I was a guy less than a week ago. I went from shorts and a tee-shirt to butt-huggers and tank tops. I went from briefs or boxers to panties and bras. I think I’ve transitioned through all of this pretty well. Just because I don’t wear the stuff you’d wear doesn’t mean anything.

It sorta does.

I mentally face-palmed. I cannot talk to you to right now.

I dropped the bikini in my lap and sighed. “When do we leave?” I asked.

Allie looked dumbfounded. “You’re going?”

I nodded. “No point in arguing.” I turned to Mindy. “You’re just gonna pester me the whole time if I don’t, and either way, it gets me better at dealing with more people who don’t know me.” I threw off the blanket. “Now the both of you get the fuck out of my room.”

Mindy smiled. “You’re sassier as a girl. That's hot.”

***

I didn't want to get out of the car. The very idea of it was concerning. There I was, wearing a pink and orange bikini under a practically skintight tank top (white, of course) and a pair of shorts that really only existed to make sure I wasn’t naked, they really didn't cover anything.

There were at least five or six dozen people, maybe more. Guys, girls, younger teens, older teens, the occasional frisbee. I didn’t know if I’d seen this many people in the high school auditorium, and that seated 2500. Very few of them were in the lake, I noticed, and it wasn't exactly a deep lake. There was a volleyball game going on like we were at the beach, there was a spot with couples just making out or lying together, and what appeared to be a poker game on a picnic blanket.

I shrunk down in my seat so that nobody could see me. “No, I can't do this.”

Mindy pulled the key out of the ignition. “Yeah, you can.” She pulled me up. “Just get that perfect ass out there and shake it. Seeing as you’re - “ she let out a groan “ - straight, there might even be a guy out there who’ll appreciate that ass.”

Just tell her you’re saving yourself for Terry, Eve said. She’ll believe it, everybody can see the chemistry.

I’m going to have to ask you to stop doing that.

Only if you tell her.

I will hit you.

I pulled myself out of Mindy’s Jeep and sighed. I had to get this over with, kinda necessary. This was my test. If I could make it through a lake party, I could probably make it through high school. Of course, the nerves were kinda making me want to get right back in the car and hide under the blanket in the back seat, despite the fact that it was almost a hundred degrees out. I was shaking, I was sweaty (for reasons other than the heat) and I was ready to jump out of my skin and head for the hills.

I did not want to be there.

Mindy slapped me on the back. “C’mon, let’s go mingle. There’s drinks over by the big tree.” She pointed at a small table set up beside a tree on the opposite side of the lake from us. Granted, it wasn’t a very big lake, only about as big at a football field, but that was still a good ways away and meant I’d have to walk through a host of people I didn’t want seeing me. “Or we could go join that volleyball game.”

I shook my head. “No way, no how. Me bouncing around out there for everybody to see?”

She laughed. “Please, you’re so big, you bounce when you’re wearing a bra.” She reached over and jiggled me a bit, which was in no way comfortable.

“Stop,” I grumbled. “That’s annoying. Do you see me grabbing your boobs?” After realizing what I said, I added, “And you won’t.”

She stuck her tongue out at me. “You’re trying not to be any fun.”

The two of us wandered around the other almost hundred teens gathered there. I recognized several people from school, couple of my friends that I would have to tell about what's become of me. That was a conversation with people I was dreading on account of I had no idea what to tell them.

Somebody bounced against me. A guy I’d seen in PE once or twice named Xander Somethingoranother (or probably Travis, actually). I had never really spoken to him, so I didn't worry about the need to tell him. As far as he was concerned, I could stay the new girl in school. Of course, my new outlook on life had me checking his abs out. I was starting to wish guys didn’t feel so nonchalant about going topless.

I almost got run down by a girl carrying some drinks. I couldn’t remember her name, but I did recognize her. She took the drinks over to a blonde girl, a brunette with pink highlights and a flat-chested girl wearing a one-piece swimsuit. They looked like they were having a good time. I had to say, I kinda wished I was somewhere between the blonde and the flat-chested girl boob-size-wise. This bikini gave me almost no support.

The poker game looked the most appealing. The guy sitting on the blanket was shuffling the deck with his hands and checking me out with his eyes. He wasn’t unattractive himself, but I really needed to get those urges under control.

“You’re something pretty,” he said, his eyes never once looking at the cards. He looked kinda familiar, but at the same time I didn't know where from. Dark hair, green eyes, a devilish sort of smile. I’d go for him in an instant if not for wanting to keep myself off of him. (And of course, a certain part of me wanted to go down on him, but I shoved her to the side.) “How’s a game sound?”

I smiled. “I’m pretty good at poker.”

He smiled back. “Me, too. Sit down, we'll wait for a couple more people, then this can begin.” He motioned for me to sit down. “Name’s Lucas.”

“Mikaela.”

“Cute name for the cute girl.”

We waited about fifteen minutes as people came to join in. I recognized Greg Olsen and Frannie Reston from school and some blonde guy I’d never met who said his name was Hank. Somebody else came to join in, but Lucas waved him off. Apparently, four people and one dealer was all he wanted.

I was grateful that I was pretty good at Texas Hold ‘Em. He dealt me a Jack and a four, a spade and a heart. The first card he overturned was a three of clubs, which didn’t help me, but Frannie looked happy. One card didn't seem like it should help anyone. Nobody else had any looks on their faces except for Lucas. He was smiling wide.

The next card was flipped over, a Jack of hearts. I was sitting on a pair, now, a better prospect than before, but still nothing in the long game. Hank was smiling now, though, so he could have had at least two pair. Lucas just kept up that smile.

The third card, an Ace of hearts. It occurred to me that we didn’t exactly bet anything. We all just sort of sat down, didn't even put any money in. This was actually starting to get creepy.

“We don't have chips or money, what are we betting?” I asked.

Lucas shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. You’ll get what you win.”

The fourth card, a Jack of diamonds. Assuming I was right, Hank and I now both had three of a kind. Everybody else had at least one pair, thanks to the Jacks. I was starting to sweat more, as the last card would either make or break us.

No one was folding, I noticed. Everybody must have assumed they had a dog in the fight.

There’s something weird about him, Eve said. She probably would have been scratching her chin if she were corporeal right now.

“Alright, everyone,” Lucas said, that smile never going away, “ready for the end of the line?”

“Wait!” Frannie said. “What are we betting?”

Lucas’s smile grew wider. “Everything except your dignity.”

Oh Gods… Eve’s voice was tiny and light.

What?

That’s it… He’s a God…

I don’t follow.

Get out of here before he wins the game.

What? I’ve got at least a three of a kind.

It doesn’t matter, you’re gonna lose.

How do you know that?

Because you’re not just playing poker with some good looking guy, you’re playing with my ex-boyfriend and he’s a Trickster God!

Ex-boyfriend?

That’s what you take from that statement? You’re playing a card game with Loki!

I felt my eyes widen. Suddenly I wasn't just playing poker, I was sitting across a picnic blanket with a Norse Deity. And then it kicked in that Norse Deities were real. And that the succubus in my body had dated one. Somehow my brain’s priorities had been screwed righteously and there didn’t seem to be a lot I could do about it.

Lucas flipped over the last card, an Ace of spaces. His smile didn’t go away, even though he had to know at least a couple of us were packing a full house.

He nodded to us to lay our cards down in turn, starting with Greg. He had a pair of twos, with the two aces that meant two pair. Next was Frannie, who put down a three and a five. Third was Hank; he had the Jack I thought he did and another three, but the three was useless with the Aces. My turn, now, I laid down my four and my Jack.

Lucas let out a small laugh. “Well, gang,” he said, “looks like our little game has come to its end.” He set his cards down and my eyes widened in horror. The other two Aces stared us all in the face, a four of a kind. “Now, since nothing was bet and no one folded, that would mean I’ve won.” He snapped his fingers.

Frannie was the first. She had been wearing a pair of skin tight shorts made of something that looked like nylon or something and a tube top. The shorts at least were covering a pair of panties, the tube top was covering nothing. Her bare breasts were exposed, and she didn’t seem to have any problems with that, nor did anyone except me. After a second, a bra appeared on her, almost as if she'd been wearing it the whole time.

Next was Greg, who’d been wearing a pair of swim trunks and a red muscle shirt. His shirt disappearing didn't affect him at all, but then the trunks were gone and his dick was showing itself off. Apparently, he’d been semi-hard the entire game. A pair of briefs slipped into existence right after I noticed that.

Hank was third, and he’d been wearing little but a Speedo in the first place. Said Speedo was gone and replaced in short order by a banana hammock. I looked away from him as quickly as possible.

Then it was my turn. My tank top disappeared first, but thankfully my bikini top didn't. That was followed quickly by my shorts, exposing my bikini bottoms. That wouldn’t have been embarrassing to anybody else, but I was insanely self-conscious, so I didn’t want to be seen in so little.

But, again, nobody seemed to notice anything and Greg, Hank and Frannie just got up and went back to doing whatever they’d been doing before, almost as if they’d never joined the game in the first place. Nobody around seemed to notice anything either.

I turned back to Lucas. “What the hell are you?” I asked.

The Norse Trickster God, remember? I just said that.

He looked surprised. “You noticed the changes?”

“Yeah, and I want my clothes back.”

He leaned in closer. “What are you?

I scooted away from him on the blanket. “Not important, gimme my clothes!”

He shook his head. “As far as reality is concerned, those clothes are back at your house, sitting in your dresser. You never wore them, and you’re not supposed to remember that you did. I wanna know how you do.”

Just tell him, Eve said with a sigh, he’ll figure it out.

I nodded, though she couldn’t see it. “Eve is in here,” I motioned to my body.

He rolled his eyes. “Of course. You’d only be able to see it if you were magic, too. Well, you tell Eve that I’ve moved on and so should she.”

I’m not still into you, douchebag!

“She says she's gotten over you, too.”

He breathed a sigh of relief. “Good. So how’d you get caught up with Eve?”

“She decided she wanted me as a host.”

“Well, it’s a lot of risk-free sex for you, so enjoy it.”

I sighed now. “I’mma ignore that you said that.” I stood up. “Ya know, some people would play strip poker with you without the magic twist.”

He shrugged. “Where’s the fun in that?”

I rolled my eyes and walked away. I didn’t want to deal with him, and Eve was screaming something in a language I couldn't understand. I just wanted to find Mindy and get out of there.

The Find Mindy part was the biggest problem. I didn’t see her anywhere. After about five minutes, I just gave up and walked over to the table where the drinks were. I couldn’t tell which bowls had booze added in, but I didn’t care much. Not like I’d be doing anything with anyone.

A guy walked up to the table and poured himself some alcopunch. It took me a second, but I recognized him. Gerry Felding, a friend of mine back in my freshman year. I hadn’t seen him since the freshman dance where he tried to get me to ask Cindy Fletcher out and I failed so miserably that I swore off dating for a year.

He looked at me with some sort of recognition in his eyes. “You look familiar,” he said, “have we met?”

I took a long gulp of my drink. “I dunno.”

He shrugged. “Well, nice to meet you.” He walked over to the tree, sat down and pulled his phone out of his shorts pocket.

Then I heard my phone ring.

That didn't seem right, because I had no pockets in this bikini and the shorts I’d worn had never been worn because of magic, and that's where my phone had been before the poker game.

“Hey!” Mindy called out to me. She apoeared pretty much out of nowhere. “Your phone's ringing. Looks like… Gerry Felding? When did he move back to town?”

“I dunno,” I said in a small voice as I saw Gerry get up from the tree he was sitting at.

And walked toward us.

14