Chapter 4- [ The Stranger on the old clothes ]
135 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4- [ The Stranger on the Old clothes ]

Bricks and stones, that was what the village of Dale is made. After the failure of integration of the technology to the new era of the Earth, electricity and different power plants are abandoned by the humanity. Human settlements nowadays are primitive and backwards just like in the era of medieval times. But unlike before, the world has something new. Qi. The Energy primarily needed for cultivation. Currently, the humanity is attempting to create a different technology using the cultivation.

The Dale Village is located in the continent of Europe, it was formerly a part of a place called England. Today, was a nice morning with a pleasant weather. It has a warm sunshine and cloudy sky. The pleasant breeze of the wind isn't chilly.

One of the villagers of Dale is Harold Lincolnshire, he was a 12 year old kid with a messy blond hair and bright blue eyes. He was an orphan– with a dead mother and father. Formerly when his parents are alive, Harold was a happy go lucky kid. But his parents died in tragic accidents when he was just an 8 year old. Now he was just a normal orphan kid in their village. Barely struggling to survive on his own.

Today, Harold decided to go out of his house– a very small house made of bamboo woods. Harold needed to gather herbs just like the previous days, months and years. Gathering herbs wasn't a habit. It was a necessity so that he can keep on living and a profession. Everyday, after gathering herbs on the nearby forest, Harold would go to the nearby town and sell his herbs to earn money. After he finish on selling his herbs, he would buy a food for himself and the remaining money would be keep for his savings.

As Harold had gotten out of his house. He started stretching his body and look at the nice weather. After stretching, he started to walk while carrying his large empty basket. He look around at the other houses, the windows and door are closed.

Harold sighed. He remembered how the villagers have celebrated on yesterday night. The village chief has decided to held a feast as his daughter would be participating in the test for the Flaming River Sect.

Harold was also invited in the Celebration. But he was so tired yesterday from selling the herbs as it was his not so lucky day. The sun was already setting when he managed to sell all of the herbs. He returned in the village quarter to nine o'clock of the evening. He refused when he was invited. The village chief understand as he saw his tired state and didn't convince him in joining in the party.

Other than being invited, Harold knows that he has other no reason to attend. He was practically a stranger to the village chief's daughter. Since his parents died, Harold become estranged from the village. He forced himself to accept that his parents are dead and to become independent at the young age. He refused when the villagers offered their help. Harold doesn't want their pity and charity. He can live by himself. He was very stubborn in accepting any kind of help from them. The Villagers eventually give up and let him take care of himself. Harold distance himself from the villagers and it was so rare that he would held a conversation with them.

Soon, he would also take a test to enter a sect once he have saved enough money. He would become a cultivator and fulfill his parent's dreams for him. Harold had gotten out of the village. He hopes that today's herb gathering would be a bountiful one. Finding a spirit grass wouldn't be enough if he wanted to earn the remaining required 10 silvers so that he can go to the Camelot City. With some luck, he hopes that he can find a twenty year old ginseng like the last one. But considering how the world's cultivation history is just in the early stage, there was a low possibility of finding a 20 year old ginseng again.

As Harold are walking while carrying the basket, he frowned when he saw a indistinguishable silhouette on the few distance nearly covered by the tall normal grasses. Curiosity has overwhelmed him as he decided to check it out. When he has gotten near, Harold was surprise as he found a person unconscious on the ground. It was a young man with black hair. He appears to be just a few years older than him. He appears to be an Eastern Asian descent. The strange thing was, the unconscious big brother was wearing an old clothes that was familiar to him. His parents showed him one in those things called pictures.

Harold sighed. It appears to be not his day. The herb gathering would be cancelled. His parents always said to him, that help people who was in need of help. Their teachings to him, simply applied in this situation.

4