Ch9 [ Over the cup of tea and suspicions]
61 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9 [Over the cup of tea and suspicions]

" Harold, Good morning. "

The village chief walk towards them and smiled slightly. Harold stopped the exercise and inclined his head slightly.

" Chief Hans. "

He greeted and look at the village chief, his stance was wary and cautious. Upon bringing bringing brother Bai Hao outside his house, he knows that this would happen. Obviously, the people in the village would notice the shining beacon of presence of brother Bai Hao. It was so rare that there would be a stranger to their village. And even there is one, it would be like people like passing by merchants on their village to sell useful items and products, the powerful and known figures who visited sometimes the village, before they enter the dangerous forest and lastly people who have the village chief's permission.

Upon seeing him greeting the village chief, brother Bai Hao also bowed– which made him very surprise and Harold have an urge to stop him from bowing his head. It was clear who has the more important than the two. Brother Bai Hao is a cultivator why would he bow towards a lowly village chief. But, Harold also knows that brother Bai Hao is a bit unconventional, and he was likely ignorant of the usual ways of cultivators in this world. Through, he was wondering if he entered alone on using the portal from the Jianghu or other place from the Immortal world or does he have a companions with him and it was just an accident that he made his way here.

" Good morning. "

Village chief Hans nodded his head and glance at Bai Hao. And stared at brother Bai Hao's clothes for a much longer time before glancing at him.

" This is? "

" Chief Hans, this is brother Bai Hao. Huang Bai Hao. "

Brother Bai Hao smiled at them looking friendly and harmless. Harold secretly grimace. It was obvious that the village chief isn't letting his down his guard just by a simple friendly smile, instead Harold knows that he become more suspicious.

" Harold, I didn't know that you would bring a 'friend' here in the village. "

" I also didn't expect it either. It was due to unexpected circumstances that I met Brother Bai Hao, but I'm glad that I manage to meet him. "

" Hmm..I see, then I hope that it wouldn't be a bother if you invite me inside your house isn't it? It's a good and pleasant morning, why don't we inside your house while drinking a cup of tea? "

Harold let out a sigh and smiled stiffly at the village chief. It was definitely an interrogation, not just a simple chat while drinking a tea.

" Alright, Chief Hans. "

Harold smiled and walk towards his house followed by the village chief and brother Bai Hao.

........................

" Unfortunately, I don't have a cup of tea inside my house, chief Hans...I hope that you can understand that I only have a cup of fresh and cold water. "

The kitchen was very cramped and small. Bai Hao sat with Harold and the village chief who was named Hans.

" Sir Bai Hao isn't it? "

Bai Hao nodded his head. When he gotten out of Harold's house this morning, he already notice the people's suspicious glances. Have the Earth has changed that much?

" Yes, It was Huang Bai Hao. Huang being my surname, and the Bai Hao is my given name. "

The village nodded his head and had taken a sip on the cup of water. The slight smile on the village's chief disappeared. His posture and demeanor become tense and grim. His eyes narrowed.

" Let's cut the chase don't we? Excuse me for being blunt and straightforward, but what is your purpose here young man? You even manage to befriend young Harold who was known for his antisocial tendencies among the people of his age. "

Harold have glared at the village chief as if he wanted to refute what have the village chief said. Bai Hao shook his head.

" Harold, I can take care of it. "

He smiled at the village chief and replied.

" First of all, village chief, you may not know of this information but I was found by Harold when I was unconscious. "

" Is that true, Harold? "

" Yes, village chief... The day before yesterday, I was on my normal routine of going near the forest to gather spirit grass when I found brother Bai Hao unconscious. I have brought him in the village and my house without your permission. For that, I apologize. But the circumstances is dire. I just wanted to uphold on my parents teachings and help brother Bai Hao. It would be heartless of me just to leave him there lying with the possibility of him dying. "

The village nodded his head. " I see. But what if he is deceiving you? "

" Brother Bai Hao can't do that! " Harold protested.

" Excuse me, village chief but Harold is right. I would never do it to Harold. I may have not solid proof for my non malicious intentions, but I would never harm the people who had helped me. I am grateful for Harold and I would never brought harm to his village and home. "

As the two listened to Bai Hao, he reached toward the pocket of his pants. To their surprise, there was a small pouch where he place it on the table. They heard the clear clanging sound.

" I hope that this would be a clear proof of my gratefulness towards Harold. "

The village chief opened his mouth in surprise. Inside the pouch, there was the sparkling and glistening gold coins.

2