Chapter 1: A New Beginning.
3.7k 4 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ugh! My head! She thought as she awoke, she reached up to clutch her head in pain, trying to fight off her headache.

Agh, why can’t I remember most of last night? I remember getting ready for bed, that I had been thinking what a long day it had been. Then as I was sitting on my bed, there had been a big flash of light, then-

-She could not remember anything after that.

As she became more and more alert, she realized that something was amiss. She slowly opened her eyes and they adjusted to the darkness of the room.

She looked around the room, her eyes landed on a large group of creatures standing near her. Terrified at the sight of these strange beings in front of her, she scrambled back away from them, from where she had been lying.

Almost immediately her back hit something, she turned quickly and noticed that her back was against the literal wall.

It was then when she turned back to look at the creatures before her, that she noticed she was on a raised platform of sort, a stone pillar of such. She then got her first good look at these monsters.

Oh my God! What is this?! What are those things?! Where am I?! What is happening?!  Just as her thought were racing, trying to comprehend the situation. It happened all at once, all the creatures started to bow down and kneel before her, then shout and chant,

“ALL HAIL THE NEW DEMON LORD!”

She reached up to cover her ears and in pain at how loud these creatures shouts were, which only severed to make her headache worse. As she listened to their chanting, she looked around the room again to trying and find the object of their cheering.

Ehh?! Who are they calling a demon lord?! And God! Did they have to be so loud?! Having had enough of the creatures loud and boisterous cheers, her patience had come to its end.

“ENOUGH! SHUT UP YOU BASTARDS!”She shouted in anger.

All at once, the room shook slightly and the noise died almost instantly. L

Ehh? Was that my voice?

Driven to distraction by all the things that were happening, she only just now noticed what her hands were cupping. As she felt her ears, she realized that they were much longer then what she remembered, almost half the length of her head. they also ended almost sharp pointed tips.

Wait, my head!  she just now noticing her head, what the hell is this?! What happened to my hair?! 

Her head was also not as she remembered, the crown of her head was almost completely bare, except for a single patch of hair running from the front of her head to the back.

What did they do?! Did they give me a mohawk?! What was with my voice?! I sounded like one of the Chippettes from Alvin and the Chipmunks! She thought to herself. 

She lowered her hand to her sides, clutching them in anger, then shouted.

“What have you done to my hair?!” As she was coming back to herself, she finally noticed the rest of the room and had realized why it had gone silent. The whole congregation of creatures had fallen on their hands and knees, with their foreheads touching the stone floor, cowering and trembling in fear. 

What is going on? Why are they so scared? She questioned to herself in confusion.

She looked once more around the room, making sure nothing had changed in her moment of distraction. Noticing nothing different out of place in the medium sized room. She turned back towards the group of creatures.

God, they look like those ugly gremlin things from those movies. She compared the creatures to what she recognized. Still in pain with her headache and not having a hold of her patients yet. She yells at them again in frustration. 

“WELL! ANSWER ME!” She is breathing heavily through her nose out because of how angry she is. The creatures just curl more in on themselves and tremble more. There are also quite a few of then whimpering.

Seeing this sight of them scared for their lives, she takes a deep breath to calm herself.

 I am not going to get any answers from them like this... she thinks to herself. I have to try and approach this a little more gently. So she releases her held breath. Okay, I’m calm now... kinda.

“Umm, okay, I am sorry for shouting... you guys?... But I am really confused right now, and I would really like some answers. Will you please get up and stop cowering?” She asks in her best motherly and or big sister tone of voice as she could.

They continued to prostrate there, just cowering before her with their heads lowered, but she can see what she said has had some visible effect. Their trembling had reduce, but had not quite ceased, and the loud, hyper thumping of their heart beats has calmed down considerably.

Huh?  She realized, I can hear their heart beats. How good are my ears?

But before she could ponder her incredible new hearing skills, one of the large creatures stands up. 

This one had many wrinkles and a beard that stretched towards the floor, nearly, touching it. His skin was a greenish, but was slightly paler, leaning towards a faded green-gray hue, rather then his companions light to dark green hue that were in the room. His eyes were very large on his head, almost a large fist sized orbs that had almost sunken with in his head, his eyes stared at hers, but she could see the fear was still residing in them.

He cleared his throat, giving a little cough. 

“O’ great one! I Gabo, is this clan’s elder, Gabo will answer any questions you may ask.” Gabo answered.

Well... it’s a start. She thought to herself. Now then, for the important questions.

“Okay, the first thing I want to know is, where am I? Second, how have you brought me here?  And third, what have you done to me and my hair?!” Gabo tilted his head sideways, clearly confused by one or more of her questions. 

Okay, that was sort of cute... in an ugly cute, monster sort of way. She commented to herself. Just as she thought she might need to word her questions a different way, Gabo beat her to the punch and answered. 

“For your first question, you are now in our- or Gabo should say, your clan’s home, within the mountains of Graggoremire.”

Okay, that is one question answered, but that brings up so many more. She thought to herself in between Gabo’s pause and breath.

He continued, “As for how you were brought here, Gabo is not entirely sure. But Gabo believes it has to be the work of the God Shard.”

“God Shard?” She asks out loud accidentally. Gabo nods.

“Yes, the Shard of God. We prayed to it, asking it to honor us and to choose a champion to lead our clan as the next Demon Lord.” As she heard him explain this, she went pale and felt nauseous.

I think I am going to be sick! Her thoughts racing towards any possible conclusion he might state. I am going to hurl!

But she didn’t have time to worry about herself condition. Gabo spoke his conclusions of her questions.

“As for your last question, Gabo does not understand fully. For we the clan have done nothing towards you. We have just been pray to the Shard of God, until bright flashes of light came and steamed into the Shard, the shard glowed brightly, right before shattering. Gabo and the clan thought we were under attack, then out of the bright light of the shattered crystal, you appeared O’ great one.” Nothing he said assuaged her worries. If anything, they only multiplied them.

“But Gabo must state, if Gabo may be so bold?” He sauntered on, not missing a beat to add to her terror, as unintentional as it was. “That Gabo is surprised the Shard of God choose one not from this clan. That it did not find one worthy here is surprising, so it must have brought you forth unto us... Maybe that is why you are so confused as to where you are and think the clan has done something untoward you, O’ great one.”

Without truly stopping, he continued because he had not been stopped thus far. “And if I my be so bold again, O’ great one, I am surprised that the one the Shard of God choose was a pygmy goblin...”

He said it! He said the thing! She screamed to herself internally, having it confirmed that she wasn’t a human anymore. I feel sick, I am getting dizzy, why is everything getting farther away?  He continued on, not noticing her distress, “from what clan do you hail from?” And then everything went black and she lost consciousness.

89