Chapter 33: Resolution.
575 40 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Damn it…

Crystaria thought sullenly. As she was still taking people with setting things up with structuring the city.

Correction! Crystaria realized. The nation!

She had come to this far-fetched conclusion, that once she got to the orc village. Once she had set everything up. Once everyone had a job to do or some sort of plan in place.

That she would finally be able to have some free time.

But NNnnnnooooooo…… She thought sarcastically. Not a single god damn thing has gone right! These stubborn mules of traditionalist orc elders are really pissing me off! There was also the fact that, everyone is bitching and moaning about what to do next, or “what to build where?” “or why?” “and can’t we just”. Shut the fuck up people! gawd!

She screamed internally.

They also returned at the most inopportune time. Just as winter was right around the corner, with the orc village running low on food.

Because APPARENTLY! These jackasses didn’t think it prudent! That while their leader was away! To continue things like normal and just eat and shit themselves to their hearts FUCKING content!

Now on top of all that! They’re trying to impose their opinions on facts that I know, versus their dark-age like wisdom. I mean! COME ON! How the fuck is someone like these guys; who are basically people from five-hundred B.C. supposed to compete with someone who has knowledge from the twenty-first-century! Answer is: They can’t!

After doing an assesment of the city’s structure: how it was laid out?  How it was maintained? Who did what? How many of those people were doing that? What were these buildings for? Why did we have small buildings, large buildings, and huts, if no one lived in them? Why didn’t they have fire wood already cut before winter?

UGH! It was a wonder these fucking people didn’t just die off! Bunch of neanderthals!

Crystaria let her head drop against the table she was sitting at in a very grand and large, opulent hut. She had asked the elders to give her something, small, rugged, kept warm, had enough room for her and a few others, and was out of the way.

And what did they give me? A giant mansion of a FUCKING hut!

The hut they did give me, was right smack dab in the middle of the village, and was at least eighty-by-a-hundred yalms long!… I mean feet, damn it!

Worst part for Crystaria was, that this wasn’t even the place were they held sanctioned counsel meetings in.

She looked down at the paper she was scribbling on, which gave her a chuckle.

Those damn elder orcs! They were even giving me trouble about making paper and wasting resources. When they literally were fucking surrounded by grass out here!

Crystaria felt tired of all this. Besides the brief moment she had after Athena beat Grog in battle to over throw Gobran. She doesn’t remember a time she wasn’t busy when she got here.

The only thing she knew was, that she needed a break to recharge, so she  could get things done. She was wearing herself out mentally. Her thought spinning about when she was going to confess to Athena. It had already been a month since they had gotten here, and she had yet to have a single day to sit down and privately talk with her.

She sat back up. Looking down at the done list.

Intergate goblins.

Stop segregation of goblins and orcs.

Employ goblins to help with work around village.

Shut up people that refused goblins’ help.

Design plans for new city structure for nations capital.

Design new building schematics.

Look for ways to be able to collect precious metals.

Design new laws and policies.

Design a new balanced counsel.

“……..”

As Crystaria looked down at this list with pensive skepticism. Even though that had seemed like a lot done. She had done most of this within the first four day. Along with the fact that these things only added more things to her to-do list.

Now being a month later, she was going mad, and getting more than a little angry.

Not only were they trying to railroad me. But they were also just straight up cock-blocking me at every turn!

Every time I came up with a plan or some logically better way to do things, they would shut it down!

Crystaria was almost at the point where she was going to just abandon the whole idea of integration, in-favor of just starting a new village. She felt this  current plan might be just a lost cause.

“Hello Crysta! How are you this fine!-“

Crystaria sat up quickly accidentally slamming her hands on the table, sending her hands through it, while smacking head first into it.

“DAMN IT!”

“Hmm… not great then?” Seshat asked cheekily.

“ …’O esha’ ‘ot ‘rea’…” Crystaria said muffled against the table she was currently stuck in.

Seshat giggles at Crysta’s absurdity. She then walks around the table with poise as she carries some more papers for Crystaria to look through.

“Here is the report from the Rangers, the army, along with the report from  the regular hunters gathering food, with the addition of umm… some new… about the wood gathering.”

Crystaria finally lifts herself free of the holes she made.

She stares down at the table she just two round holes through. She sighes at the sight of that. Deciding to ignore it, she turns to reach for the papers Seshat is carrying.

She reads the rather short reports.

“Oh what do you mean! No one available to gather wood?!” She said in a slightly raised voice at the incredulous report she just read.

“And the same for the food?! Not enough people? Not enough places for food?!” She looks up at Seshat. “Their joking right?!”

Seshat sighs.

“I wish they were anything but.” She then hands her another paper of from the Rangers. “Here are their findings.”

“……” Crystaria scans the paper quickly. She then closes her eyes, leans back in her chair while laying the paper down. “At least it has some good news. But honestly. Them reporting on the fact they the other two help prove a point, since these elders seem intent just to fu-… to screw me over, one way or another.” She lamented.

Seshat smiles motherly down at the Demon Lord.

“May I impart some wisdom as an elder?”

“Sure… I would actually like someone so say something smart for once.” She complained in a joking matter.

“This is not your style, which I know. But I can’t understand why you even bother to listen them. Why are you just not laying down the laws; and I mean that both figuratively and literally.”

“Mostly because,” Crystaria the leans back forwards to take the last paper, speaking as she scans it. “I am simply indulging them.”

“Indulging them?”

“The control the opinions of at least a seventh of the villages population. If I really wanted to. We, and by we, I mean myself. Can go out, gather wood and food for the whole village in a day, and not even break a sweat. Flannik and I have already tested a safe method of using magic to dry wood out quickly and almost instantly.”

“Okay… but why indulge these people whom seem intent on sabotaging your every plan?”

“It is mostly because I am trying to find a chink in their armor so to speak. I need to find someway to impress them just once, then I can start swaying a few to my opinion.”

“Yes… but why?” Seshat questions again.

“Because if I just lay down the law with any of them. This is only going dissuade the public opinion of me: I know exactly what their doing and why.”

“What do you mean?”

Crystaria puts down the last report that states that Crystaria’s personal army was growing, but slowly, with many of them able to gather the necessary food for the village.

“They are trying to provoke me into issues or call me out on things to denounce me as a failure of a demon lord; probably saying that I am not fit to lead. Maybe even building up some sort of ammunition to maybe convince Lirania to join their cause, since their plan with Gragnier failed. If I had to make any sort of guess.”

“So how do you intend to counter this petty plan of theirs?”

Crystaria slouches in her chair as she steeples her hands into her lap.

“I have a few ideas. For now, I am planning on doing nothing other than what we’re doing: I figure if I can complete some of my plans, even without the orcish side of the counsel’s support. Then it will make them look further like the asshats they are.”

Seshat gives her a wane smile.

“After that? if that doesn’t succeed?”

“If that doesn’t work out…… I really have no clue… I was mulling around with the idea of moving those loyal to me to a separate village and just starting over.” Crystaria told her.

Seshat eyes widened in surprise.

“But that would leave many of them, almost a seventh, very nearly an eighth of the total population not defended or without food or supplies!” Seshat summarized the issues with Crystaria’s other plan.

“Yup… that is the plan… make a better, more prosperous village. Leave the elders holding the bag for the responsibility of the people they had let be lazy and turned them against me; even before they knew me. And let them fend for themselves: at best. The populous will slowly seek shelter within our new city and grow into a more ideal vision of what we are hoping to achieve.”

Seshat gulped.

“At worst?”

Crystaria shrugged.

“They attack us to raid what we have, starting skirmish battles over rights to lead, food, and territory.”

“And these are your best plans?!” Seshat asked concerned.

“Yes and no. There are some more aggressive options. But all of them have the consequences of causing civil war.” Crystaria explained.

“How? Why?”

“Because I don’t know how deep the actual anti-opinion of me goes. Let us say that I either A: Exile all the elders or kick them from the counsel. Then we might run into the same problem eventually with my second plan, depending on how many people decide to leave to join their elders. There is a slim chance that a majority would rather stick it out with me, just based off of survival because of winter. But these people would be just as easily swayed to join their cause again, or to attack us from within are gates.”

“The Demon Lord has really thought this through.” Seshat admired.

“That is only have of it. Option B: to either kill or imprison their anti-faction, which if I don’t cut them off at the roots, then they will just make more leaders, with even bigger and more negative opinions of me. All while trying to hide themselves, lest they suffer the consequences of their predecessors. And nothing is more dangerous than a snake hidden where you can’t see it. At least this way, by not doing it, I can see who is out there being the most vocal of having a negative opinion of me.”

Seshat smiled sadly at Crystaria.

“It very well seems that, if you wish to have any sort of non-aggression outcomes, that you will have to play these childish games of subterfuge. It seems to me, that they have really forced your back against the wall with limited options.” Seshat comments.

“They are… but they are also not…  these are just the plans that have the least resistance to achieving the goals in mind that I am setting out to accomplish. They’re… let’s call them, more underhanded ways to handling this situation. But I don’t want to resort to doing these things. If I am going to be a leader Seshat, being either an aggressive tyrant or a deceitful ruler is not what I had in mind.” She reached over to grab some blank paper to start writing on it. “I am paper before writing in it with a quill and ink. “I am hoping for a more straightforward approach that will garner me respect, rather than fear: I am not above using these methods… I just don’t want to sink to using the same thing as others. If they force my hand. I am certainly willing to make a go at this with a little more aggression. But this all hinges on the fact if the first plan I laid out to you fails.”

After she finishes her explanation. She takes the papers she was writing on and folds them for Seshat.

“Here.” She says as she hands them to her. “There basically all the same note. But I wrote where and to whom they should go to.” Crystaria instructed. “This is to tell Lirania and your mate to continue to on with what they are doing. With the slight change in having the rangers also gather food.” She stood up in her chair before getting down from it and walking around it to move past Seshat. “It also says that I will not be available for a few days, that if Artemis, Lirania and our original counsel wishes, they can all take a few days off like I am as well.”

“A few days off?!” Seshat started in worry. “But what are you planning to do Crysta?”

“A few things I have been putting off. One of which is a long time coming. I should be back by tomorrow with one project done. Just tell everyone not to worry or to look for me and continue on as normal.” She instructed as she walked towards the huts door.

“…” Seshat was perplexed on this sudden behavior, but decided that Crystaria never did things on a whim or a flight of fancy before without thinking about it. She gave a giggle before answering her. “As you wish Crysta. We will take care of things while you’re gone.”

Crystaria wave to her at the entrance before turning to leave.

“See yeah tomorrow!” She told her a smile.

“Goodbye!” As Seshat saw her disappear from sight. She remembered that Crysta had written four letters, but only handed her three. “Who was the forth for?” She wondered aloud.

————————————————-

Crystaria made her way over to the edge of the forest on the outskirts of city. She stared at it while cracking her neck and stretching her limbs.

“Okay Crysta… you can do this!…” And she knew she could. But that didn’t mean it was going to be anything less than annoying. She had several cords of  rope bundled and ironically tied down to her back.

“Okay!… let’s do this.” She got down into a readied sprint position before taking off. As she did so, she thought she heard an extremely loud crack of thunder behind her, but she ignored it. It took her about twenty minutes but she made it back to the edge of the forests of Graggoremire mountain. She quickly took the path they made that would take her the directly to the top.

After several hours of running later, she found herself back at the peninsula on the mountain, at the entrance of the new clan of the mountain. She walked in casually heading towards the center.

People recognized her and started calling out to her in greetings. This caused a commotion to have many people gather towards her. The people were happy to see her, with many of them asking how the journey had gone.

This eventually brought out Raglin and Spout from their shared tent as chieftains.

“Demon Lord!” Spouted called out to her. “Welcome back! How are you?”

“I am doing well. Just coming back for a few things: along with things.”

“Well!” Raglin grumped in a aggressive manner. “Tell us what you need! We’ll help you get whatever supplies the caravan is lacking!” He told her in a helpfully, sort of backhanded aggressive way.

This only caused Crystaria to smile.

“Actually…”

She then went on to explain the whole situation.

This left both Raglin and Spout saying “”EH?!”” By the end.

————————————————-

There was a rumbling through the forests of Graggoremire mountain. Large thundering smacking sounds.

Deer from a far ways off looked up from their grazing to see rustling through the trees. Their ears twitching as they heard the ever increasing sound of rumbling making its way their direction. They scampered off away from the sound as it came closer towards them.

Trees, tree limbs, branches and debris were scattered everywhere or pushed aside, as a large object was seen hurtling its way through the forest path that the goblins had created about two months ago.

It sailed with a speed that belied its heavy nature. The tiny creature that carried it on its back as it zoom through the forest was both hilarious and terrifying.

A tiny wee-little goblin was carry a large stone about six times larger than herself.

Maybe I should have brought this from the beginning? Crystaria pondered as she carries the memorial stone done the mountain. It is seeming to clear the path quite a bit more. She comments in her own mind.

It was already after dinner, the sun had long set, along with clouds covering the night sky.

Rather than having the snow that is around here and the mountains. We traded that for cold rains with frost during the winter season it seemed.

The forest she was traveling through was currently covered in a fine layer of snow.

It had been heavier up in the mountain peak while she was there. But Raglin and Spout were doing a fine job with keeping their people safe and from harm. Better than herself in her opinion.

They had collected skins and furs for everyone. They had taken some of her earlier designs for houses she had left there in her hut for them to create better living conditions for their people.

They were utilizing cement and tar, to either create sturdy walls, or laker trees and logs to preserve them.

At least they can gather their own wood without me being there to tell them! She groused at how much better the town she had left was doing, versus the town she now had to babysit.

Seriously! I think I would rather have to deal with a real-life version of Civilization’s Mahatma Gandhi’s nuclear terror than deal with these bitches… okay, maybe not… but it was close! She thought angrily.

She was passing the large mansion she had built. Noticing for the second time that a large tribe of goblins had moved in, taking up residence.

While the residents were surprised at her coming through the area, they barely were able to catch a glimpse of the large rock wielding goblin zooming down the path.

Another few hours later, she found herself at the village where goblins parted ways with her. She stopped there, letting the stone down.

She gave greetings to those that welcomed her. Which was most. Some of them were sit angry or resentful of her. To which she begrudge them nothing. She then pulled down some supplies she had tied down to the memorial. A couple bags of cement, a deer, a few bundles of animal skins and furs.

She retied her packages she was taking back towards her village. She gave thanks to the village her. Thanking them for all they had done and once again saying sorry for they losses. She also promised to visit more and give them more supplies when she found the time. She also begged a favor to spread her teachings of reading and writing to the goblins that had taken up residence at the log mansion she had built.

After lifting her boulder back up. She started running back towards home.

After her impromptu visit to this village. Many of the harden hearts that hated her were now softened,  do to her kind generosity. They also started a fable with their future generations. Of a kind tiny goblin, that would come during every winter, carrying a boulder of her burdens on her back. Delivering gifts to all of those-in-need.

It was after this event that the three villages of Graggoremire mountain began to see each other and build trade with each other; by sharing their plenty and helping them when they were in need.

Crystaria decided to call it a night in a near by cave that provided her with shelter when she got back to the Graggoremire plains.

She decided that she wanted it to be morning before she came into the village carrying this large monument.

————————————————-

On the next morning after dawn, once the sun had risen high enough to see its full circle.

 Crystaria made her way back to the village carrying the memorial.

Upon her approach. She saw quite a bit of activity near the closest gate to her as she was approaching.

She figured many were probably fear full of this large stone, seemingly to  floating towards them. Once she was about two-hundred or so yalms away, is when she noticed her friends gathered by the gate.

Most of the people who had seen her do this the first time just had smirks on their faces.

Those from the orc village who had never seen her do something this had their eyes wide open in fear or trepidation. Their was also a few goblins in the mix who were also wary, being as they had only be traveling with them halfway through their journey.

“Hi Lirania! Gabo! Seshat! Good morning!” Crystaria greeted them.

Seshat devolved into a fit of giggles at her leaders casually absurdity of carrying boulders, with what looked like another few thousand pounds of supplies strapped to the boulder.

“Crys-… I mean, Demon Lord! Is this really what you went to go do?” Seshat questioned is a teasingly accusatory manner. “I don’t even know why I am surprised anymore!”

Lirania snorted.

“I’m not. This was a fine play to make those of the United Orc Tribes listen to her.” 

“Well…” Crystaria hedged her words. “That wasn’t my sole intention. But I was hoping that it might result in that.” She then explained. “Really, more than anything: I just wanted to use this as a show of change. So tell them that this is where it starts.” Crystaria looked at Lirania in the face, speaking with her directly. “Would you or Flannik mind helping me with that? Maybe some other orcs like Yamin or something?” She requested.

“Sure.” Lirania gave a non-committal shrug. “What do you need?”

“If you guys wouldn’t mind. Would you all take turns through out the day, explaining to the crowd of orcs what this stone is, and what it symbolizes?”

Lirania wasn’t opposed. But she did tilt her head in confusing on why she was being asked.

“I…” Crystaria hedged again. “…Have some other plans and commitments I made previously.

Not one to pry to deeply on whatever was going on with the Demon Lord. She just shrugged again.

“Sure! Why not. So? are you putting this down here? Or do you have another place in mind to draw a crowd?”

Crystaria hefted the rock farther up as it slid a little.

“You’ll see!” She promised Lirania.

They then followed Crystaria as she took the memorial towards the center of the village; towards her hut.

She laid the stone down asked for those of her faction to come remove the supplies from the stone. They then got to work shedding the stone of bag upon bags of cement. Along with what looked like several furs and other leathers. They also had many fresh bleed rakson carcasses tied to it as well. Amongst bags of mushrooms, herbs, medicines, and vegetables.

They took them and brought all of it away from the stone to make room for whatever their eccentric Demon Lord had planned.

Crystaria for her part was clearing the very few things out of the hut that she would claim as hers. The large table, the comfortable chair, bags of clothes and supplies for her personal needs. And one large stuffed chimera head.

The sight of which still caused people who were around her to shudder in fear.

By the time the hut was sufficient empty to Crystaria’s liking. The crowd had grown very large. Most of her faction had been drawn here to witness her actions. Along with an even larger amount of the elders faction.

Many of the elders who were actively opposing her were standing their staring in both awe at the stone, with incredulousness at the fact that they could not, and did not believe that the Demon Lord had gone up to the mountain in a day’s time, just to return with a rock; or that she would be able to carry it: for they had not witnessed it themselves.

“Okay! That is good!” Crystaria looked behind her to Lirania’s group. “Have everything off of there?” She affirmed walking towards them.

Lirania nodded.

“All cleaned off. Everything will be put to good use…” Lirania hesitated for a moment. But decided to ask anyways. “Why did you clear out your hut Demon Lord?”

Crystaria just gave her a cheeky smile.

“Because! It would be a shame to lose all of my things once I wreck that hut.” She explained.

“Huh? Wreck? Did you just say your going to WRECK IT?!”

Crystaria did not answer her. Instead, she lifted the stone up again, then moved towards the hut. With out stopping, she walked to and through the entrance of the hut. Completely destroying the entrance of it. The parts of the hut that were made from tanned hardened leather, along with tar hardened and the tar, mud and sap mixture plaster that adorned the walls.

She broke, crumbled, snapped it all. Destroying the entirety of the structure. Everyone present was stunned into silence as the watched as a tiny goblin continued to break, crush and sweep away all the rest of the building, until there was nothing left.

The hides, leathers, logs, plastered leather walls were broken to pieces. Scattered all around the now wooden frame of the raised floor of the hut.

After nodded to herself in satisfaction. She took the memorial. Jumped up with it into the air about ten feet. Slamming it down into the center of the wooden platform.

It smashed through causing a huge crash to be heard for at least an half an alm outside the village.

The stone also sank farther into the ground of Alstaria.

The platform itself was splintered, cracked, torn and shifted, all the way to the edged of the octagonal shape. Its near level surface, now bowled a little, concaving towards the impact of the memorial.

Crystaria jumped from the top of the memorial. Landing on the platform.

“There!” She exclaimed in orcish for all to hear. “A much better use that a large stuffy house that I don’t want or need!”

After hearing her say that, the gathered crowd all had a different reactation.

For Crystaria’s group: Lirania was laughing hysterically. Seshat had both of her hands covering her face in embarrassment. But her shoulders were also shaking from laughter. Most of her group was much the same. With lost of laughter, applause, cheering and some heckling.

On the other hand. Why they weren’t quiet as boisterous. There was plenty of noise coming from the orcs of the elders’ faction. They were jeering, murmuring, complaining, along with some talking in wonder and awe at what they had just witnessed, even if the Demon Lord had just insulted the elders.

The elders, for their own part. Were deathly quiet. They had not liked the fact that the Demon Lord had basically spit in their face. But they also knew they could say nothing or retaliate in anyway. For they knew what that stone was; what it represented.

The Demon Lord had thoroughly out maneuvered them by taking the thing they gave her as a means to keep her in-check, turning it into a symbol of not only defiance, but also a symbol of unity.

They then as inconspicuous as they could, slinked their way out of sight.

Crystaria looked towards Lirania before beckoning her towards her.

Once she calmed down enough. She walked up the now warped two steps of the platform.

Crystaria bid her closer so she could whisper to her.

“Just tell them everything, including what I did wrong in your opinion. Basically repeat what we did up on Graggoremire mountain: as for why I destroyed this hut. Just tell them that the elders displeased me by ignoring my orders and providing a hut that was more than I needed; and that I thought this spot was better served for this memorial.”

Crystaria explained to her what she wanted as far as an impromptu speech.

Lirania pulled back, giving the Demon Lord a wink in understanding.

She stood forwards with her hands raised.

“Good people of Graggoremire plains! Orc and goblins alike! Heed me! I beckon to you to listen to me.”

As Lirania got going into her speech, Crystaria took this time to make her escape.

The best part about being fast. Was that no one noticed when you disappeared. She mused.

Crystaria rushed to go to a hut she was currently borrowing from another.

I need to prepare! Today’s the day! She thought excitedly.

————-————-————————

*SIGH*

Athena walked slowly with an almost witless movement to her step.

She looked down at the note in her head that she found yesterday in her hut. Her name written beautifully, only caused her heart to seize.

She had read this note.

She had read the note many, and many a times.

She flipped it open with her thumb.

She didn’t even need to read it. But her eyes scanned the words anyways.

—“Dear Athena,

I would like to invite you, to a wonderful dinner to discuss with you something that I have been keeping from you for awhile.

I hope you would do me the honors of gracing me with your company.

Yours truly, Crystaria.”—

She flipped it back close with her thumb.

*SIGH*

Well… this was it. Athena thought remorsefully. She already knew, almost for a fact how this day was about to transpire.

She wished that for nothing else than the world or for time to stop.

What was about to happen was surely going to hurt more than anything she thought she might suffer. She did morbidly wonder if it even compared to losing her parents.

But she shook herself of the melancholy.

She looked towards Leaf’s hut.

*SIGH*

She walked up to the huts flap, before knocking on the frame of the hut itself.

“Come it!~” Called the cheerful high bell toned voice of her hearts dilemma.

Her heart flipped and squeezed at her calling to her. But she tamped it down. Taking one more shuddering breath to calm herself before entering the Demon Lord’s sanctum.

Athena as she entered was stunned to silence at what she had seen.

It was the original teal colored dress that Athena had made for her. Along with a hood and mask to match; the sight of witch only made Athena’s heart clench tighter.

“Hey!~ you’re here!~” Crystaria spoke obviously. A smile Athena was sure looked beautiful behind her mask.

“Yeah… I am here…” She responded.

Her friend noticed her mood was somber. Athena wanted to give a more enthusiastic response, but she also wasn’t even sure how to respond to her anymore.

But her friend, not one to let one thing stop her, sauntered on.

“So! Thanks for answering my call this evening!” Crystaria told her.

“Your welcome. It is my pleasure… truly.” Athena assured.

“Well! Come on in here silly! I have one of our favorite meal we both like!” Crystaria announced.

Please don’t say rabbit stew! Please don’t say rabbit stew! Please!-

Crystaria removed a large wooden bowl to reveal a small stone pot with two smaller bowls inside it.

“Ta~da! Rabbit stew!”

Dragon crap… Much to Athena’s distress, she couldn’t help but remember the most recent time she ate this stew. Which helped her in this situation. For it inadvertently put a smile on her face.

Crystaria walked over with the tray full of food, setting it on the table.

“When was the last time we were able to have this stew? It feels like forever ago!” Crystaria commented.

“…Feels like yesterday For me…”

This slip just caused Crystaria to laugh.

“Yeah…” Crystaria said wistfully. “It was what? Only seven or eight month ago  that I can here? Things sure have changed a lot since then!” Crystaria quips.

“Yeah… things changed alright.”

“……” Crystaria couldn’t pretend not to notice it anymore. “Hey? What is wrong?” She asked worriedly.

Athena gave her a smile as best she could. But she also felt that she might just cry or blurt out what she wanted to say at any moment.

“H-How about we eat first… you… your message said you had something important to say to me?” Athena side stepped.

“…..” It wasn’t lost on Crystaria that Athena avoided her question. It hurt way more than she cared to admit. “Sure…”

They both sat at the table with two piping hot bowls of rabbit stew, with what looked like to Athena as some sort of bottle. She also noticed the single candle in the center to make the room seem like it only had a light on them. Her heart clenched at the thoughtful preparations that went into this.

They both sat, smiled politely and then began eating.

Athena after took a few bites. She switched her gaze to focus on Crystaria. She had removed her mask. Ever so briefly to take a heart sip of her soup.

She made a moaning sound of appreciation at the taste. As much as Athena loathed to admit it. The food was delicious, despite the awkward situation.

Athena Continued to watch her eat a few more bites: she would use one hand to lift the veil. Lift her wooden spoon full of rabbit stew. Put it in her mouth. Suckle off its contents. Then chew what was in her mouth, while letting the veil drop back down again while she ate.

Another moan.

Another pang of longing

Crystaria noticed that Athena had stopped eat and was watching her.

She did her best to smile with her eyes, as she felt herself blush from the attention

“What’s up? Do you like it?” Crystaria asked nervous.

Athena sent her back a reassuring smile. Though it didn’t reach her eyes.

“Of course. Just watching you eat while your enjoying your food.” She told her honestly.

Crystaria made a small but dainty cough to clear her throat.

“Oh geez! You’re making me self conscious about me eating.”

Which Athena knew meant; “please don’t stare at my face when it is out in the open.”

“…Sorry…” She apologized.

They were silent while they continued to eat. Athena doing her best to steal glance, but truing hard to bot get caught.

Once their bowls were empty. Crystaria reached down, picking up to wooden goblets, seemingly out of nowhere.

“I…” Crystaria started to speak as she held up the cups. “I got some wine from Greed… would you perhaps? like to try it?” Crystaria offered.

“………” Athena was quiet for a while before she answered. “………No thanks……… I… never had it before…” Which was a lie. She had some when she was younger, after her father brought some home from a raid.

“Oh… I see…” Crystaria murmured.

“………”

“………”

They both sat there in the quiet for a full minute. Both looking down at their now empty bowls.

“Crysta?…”

“Yes?!”

“….. Is this…. Is this…. Is what were doing now? Something you human’s would do for courtship?” Athena asked her.

Her heart racing in her ears.

“……..Yes…….” Crystaria answered.

“….Is this?…. Your intentions towards me?….”

“………” Crystaria didn’t answer for a moment. She then looked up into Athena’s eyes.

“Yes!” She told her resolutely. “These are my intentions. Athena.” She took a deep breath. “I love you.”

“……….” Athena stared into Crystaria beautiful shining eyes. The only thing she could see of her.

She took a deep breath of her own to build her own courage.

“…Crystaria…” Athena called her full name.

This made Crystaria flinch as if Athena had struck her.

no………………

“Yes?” Crystaria answered.

“Do you truly mean that?”

“Yes!” She replied. “With all of my heart.”

Athena closed her eyes to shield herself against the sight of Crystaria, if just for a moment.

She opened her eyes to look at her again.

Crystaria eyes swam with hope and longing. Tears just at the surface.

“Crystaria… I can’t…”

The room was silent between them after that.

Crystaria was breathing through her nose. Every breath she took slightly speed up the next.

No……

“W-Why c-c-can’t you?” Crystaria begged desperately. “I-…. I thought for sure that—….. Athena?! I thought you loved me too?!” Crystaria cried quietly in despair. Tears streaming down her face.

“I do…” She told her.

“Then-“

“I do. I-… I love you as my best friend… I love you as my sister…. And I love you for being the first person to open my heart and showing my what it means to love another person…” Athena explained to her as a single tear escaped her eye.

“Why are you saying things like this?! If you love me then-“

“Crystaria.” Athena interrupted her firmly.

“………….”

The room was quiet while Crystaria desperately tried to put off answering her.

No.

“……Yes?……” She respond meekly.

“…I want you to do me a favor…” Athena asked.

“…Yes… Yes! Athena! Anything!” Crystaria promised her.

Athena nodded at her.

She then got up from the table. Took a couple short steps towards Crystaria’s side.

Crystaria was looking up at Athena like tears soaking her veil: she was staring at her as if she was the only thing she couldn’t live without.

Athena lifted her hand. Brought it towards Crystaria’s face. She pinched the side of her hood.

Crystaria’s hand shot up. Grabbing Athena’s wrist gently.

“…What are you doing?…” She asked her with panic in her voice.

“Crysta…” Athena whispered to her gently; reassuringly. “This is my favor.” She told her. She tried moving her hand that had a hold of the hood. “Let me see your beautiful face…”

“…Athena!…” Crystaria Cried out in a desperate voice.

NO.

“C’mon Crysta! We’re friends? right? You said you love me?” Athena lifted her other hand, reaching for her mask now. “Just let me see you.”

Crystaria other hand shoot up. Grabbing her other hand before it got close.

“Athena! Please!” She begged her.

“Just let me see you!”

“Athena!”

“I just want to look at your face!”

NO!

“ATHENA! Please!…”

“JUST LET ME LOOK AT YOU!”

NO!

“NO!”

*THUD*

*CLACK*

*SPLASH*

*SCATTER*

Athena stared down at her…. At Crys-…. At the Demon Lord.

She was curled up into a ball, shivering in the corning, staring desperately at Athena like a wild some sort of frightened animal.

Athena looked from her, to down at her hand. They were slightly bruised from where the Demon Lord held her.

Clenched her fist. Dropping them to her sides.

Tears streamed down her face as she glared at Crystaria.

“See!” Athena shouted with anger and pain in her voice. “This is why I can’t-… Why Athena refuses to let herself love you!”

“…….Athy…....”

“DON’T ATHY ME!” Athena growled at her. “This is why I won’t do it. Why I can’t be in a courtship with you! Why I won’t let myself be in one like this with you!” She told her off.

“Demon Lord.” Athena called her.

Her moniker making her flinch. She didn’t even call her by name now.

“I can’t, and I won’t, let myself love someone who hates what I am!”

“I-…*HIC*… I don’t…” Crystaria desperately tried to defend.

“BUT YOU DO!” Athena accused. “Demon Lord! You hate it! You hate being a goblin. You’ve hated it for as long as I have known you! I can even understand it! But I can’t let myself be in a partnership, where my other h-*HIC*” Athena had to stop to take a shuddering breath. “Where my dear heart, may come to hate me…”

“…I wouldn’t…”

“But you might! And it would break me De-… Crysta… if we mated… spent years together… lived with you-*HIC*- you hating yourself! Only to ever wonder if you even loved me at all; wondering when you would look at MY face, then started thinking it reminded you of YOUR face! What would you do then?! *HIC* would you make me where a mask?!”

“……………” Crystaria’s heart was falling to the floor. Shattering into pieces.

“Well?! Answer me!” Athena cried at in anger.

“….I love you… I-… I think you’re one of the most beautiful people I have ever met…” Crystaria stated with surprising clarity.

“……a-… And I love you… but I can’t… I can’t trust myself to not get hurt loving you…”

The air hung thick with despair. Athena could clearly see it. Crystaria’s aura was desperate to leak out.

“Crysta… you will always be my friend. Always be my first love… but I can’t be your mate…” She said as walked towards the flap. She paused there before exiting.

“…I’m sorry…”

Crystaria heart was just about done for.

She stood up. Walked on her wobbly feet. Crawled that last desperate feet to a large amount of pillows and covers she had prepared for Athena and herself.

She flopped down onto it.

She curled up.

Her face scrunched up.

 

 

 

*SNAP*

  

 

 

 

“WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

“ATHENA! Waaaaaaaaa!”

Her aura magnified exponentially. Exploding out of her. It shot out fast. Covered the whole city. Most of the plains around them. The forests. Part of mount Graggoremire. Stretching past the serpent swamps, all the way to the dark elven boarder forest.

True despair.

Everyone felt it.

Everyone knew who it was.

The Demon Lord wept.

————————————————-

Athena had felt that aura blast her into the back as soon as she was about twenty yalms aways from Leaf’s hut.

Athena now walked even more morosely then she had a moment before. She wasn’t even sure she knew where she was going until her feet took her to a certain hut.

She looked at it. Hoping that it would look more welcoming than it was looming.

*SIGH*

With a sigh, she entered her home.

“I’ back-“

*SMACK*

Athena didn’t even know what had happened. She didn’t even know to expect it. She had braced herself with her right arm on the frame of the hut’s entrance. She looked up into the eyes of her grandmother.

“Grandma Ses-“

*SMACK*

“YOU STUPID CHILD!” Seshat yelled at Athena.

Athena face was stinging from both times she had been hit by her grandmother. She was desperate to remember a time that Seshat had ever raises a hand against her. Grandma? yes. Grandpa? oh yes. Spanked her bottom hard he did.

But grandmother?

But it looked like she wasn’t done yet.

*SMACK*

“AFTER EVERYTHING SHE HAS DONE FOR YOU?! FOR US?! FOR OUR FAMILY?! This is the thanks you give her?! THE DEMON LORD?!  *SMACK* THE SAME DEMON LORD WHO LOVED YOU?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!”

*SMACK*

*SMACK*

Seshat raised her hand again but it was caught from behind her.

She turned to look at who.

“That’s enough.” Artemis told her mate.

“OH ARTY!” Seshat flung herself into her mates arms. “Where have we gone wrong?!”

Athena was leaning on one knee breathing heavily. Her cheeks were extremely muddy colored from being slapped. They were almost red with how hard she was slapped. She also had a split lip.

“And… why… did… I… deserve that?!” Athena shouted angrily.

Seshat rest herself from her mate to run at Athena.

Artemis caught her by both her wrists.

“Let me go Arty! Let me beat some sense into this selfish child!”

“…She has had enough…”

Seshat wheel around towards her mate.

“But Arty?!”

“What’s done is done.”

Seshat turned to glare at Athena.

“I hope you’re happy and proud of yourself, you orc loving whore!”

Athena stiffened at what her grandmother just said.

“W-W-What?!”

“You think Artemis didn’t tell me?! That is what being a mate means, you stupid child! It’s talking to them about things! When she told me you might be in a courtship with that orc, you know what I said to Arty! I laughed and said her: “That our Athena could never be that stupid as to give up a perfectly suitable mate opportunity like the Demon Lord!” Ha! shows me what I know about my own whore of a granddaughter! She must have screwed you well!”

Athena stood to her full height. Glaring at her grandmother.

“And what about what I wanted?!” Athena shouted. “What about my feelings?!” She countered.

“What the hell are you talking about?! Every time Crysta looked your way her aura flared up like she wanted to mate with you then and there!”

“And that is what I mean! Her aura! It was affecting my emotions!”

“Oh my Dark God! Is that seriously why you rejected a Demon Lord?! THE DEMON LORD?!” Seshat cried in outrage.

“What do you mean?! Her aura was so strong, that doesn’t it affect your own emotions?! How was I supposed to know where hers ended and mine began?!” Athena shouted.

After she finishes speaking. Seshat desperately tries to break free again.

Artemis has to physically turn Seshat around to make her look at her.

“CALM DOWN!” She orders her. “Be calm dear heart…” She told her gently.

Seshat’s face scrunched up at her mates words, breaking the floodgates that were holding back her tears.

“OH! ARTY! WAAAA!” She buried her head into Artemis’s chest.

“Can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on?!” Athena said with a stomp of her foot.

“This one can.”

She started at the sudden voice.

“Grandpa?! We did you?!”

“I have been here the whole time… if you’re quiet. You can notice a whole lot more, without being noticed yourself.”

“Grandma’s motto.”

“Wrong dear child: mine.”

Athena had to shake her head at what she was hearing.

“Yours?!”

“What? Did you always think your grandpa was an old elder type and a senile old fool? Bah! These kids!” Gabo growled in frustration. “I was also part of the scouting party, once upon a time. But that time past me by long ago.”

“So you two met?!-“

Gabo waved his hand.

“That is not important right now. What is important is that you know what you messed up on.” Gabo explained.

Athena was quiet while Gabo got going.

“Aura: is the physical and incorporeal state if living energy. All things have it; all things need it. Aura can come from anything. It can manifest from a stone; it can come from a bug. But the important distinction between the two. Is that only creatures with emotions, can feel aura.”

He took a breath then went on to explain.

“Aura as it stands. Is tied to a person’s very soul where our emotions lie. That is why, while one can emanate aura without emotions. You can’t emanate emotions without aura.”

“And what does that mean?” Athena question, not really understanding what he was getting at.

“That means child. That if aura of two opposing emotions touch or collied. They will repel and spark against one another.”

Athena’s heart was beating like crazy after hearing this.

“Y-You mean-”

“You wouldn’t have even been able to feel or notice what the Demon Lord felt for you, unless you weren’t open to the same. What you mistook as something affecting you, it was more correct to say that YOU let her emotions effect you. What you thought as smothering or controlling, was actually it loving and neturing your very own love! Your souls were literally calling out to one another, desperately seeking each other!”

Athena lost her strength to stand. She fell to the floor onto her knees.

Gabo gave her a sad smile. He walked over to his weeping angel of a granddaughter.

“Did it ever feel like whenever you were without her, or even when you were next to her. That there was an ache that just wouldn’t go away?”

Athena nodded.

“That was your soul calling for its mate. Was there ever times where her gace found yours for no reason?”

She nodded. More tears spilling.

“Did she show up inexplicably at times?”

Nod.

“Was there ever a time where you weren’t affected by her aura?”

At that question, Athena’s eye went wide.

She nods.

“Then Gabo hates to tell you this Athena.” He reached down to grab her shoulder.

“You just killed what could have been your soulmate.”

Athena’s tears came in earnest now. She reached up, covering her eyes with hands. Wiping at tears that threatened to never stop.

————————————————-

Crystaria cried.

She cried more.

And more.

And more.

And more

Why?!

She thought to herself.

Why does this always happen to me?!

Not even on a new world! Can I find that one just for me!

They all leave me!

Jemma.

Chrissy.

I can’t ever be loved!

I am a monster!

Crystaria cried.

She cried some more.

She cried more.

And some more.

It wasn’t until about maybe the second day that she realized something.

Why haven’t I slept?

Have I really been up crying for two days straight?

Surely not… right?

By the third day, while she was still in despair, she could think rationally again.

If I have nothing keeping me here now. Then I am not needed anymore.

She made a hastily scribbled note.

She then turned to empty space inside the tent.

She started casting a spell.

A brilliant large white circle appeared.

It filled up the hut from top to bottom.

It floated mid air with it’s strange symbols in-between the inner-and-outer rings. Its center empty. Just a blank space that had nothing inside it strange enough.

Did I do it?!

Am I about to go home-

What?…

The top of the ring the started to crumble from itself; like ashes from a fire.

No…..

The particles of light of the magic ring slowly ate away at itself.

“No……”

Then the last of the ring at the bottom broke apart. Dissipating into the air.

“NO!”

She reached for the last speck of particles she saw.

“NO! NO! NO!” She screamed.

“This isn’t fair!” She screamed.

“I helped them! I did all I could! NOW SEND ME BACK!”

She screamed.

Why?

She screamed.

WHY?

She screamed.

“WHY?!”

She slammed her hands into her legs.

The impact bruising her legs. Her knees dug into the bottom of the floor board.

She cried.

After what felt like another day.

Crystaria regain composure of herself once more.

Though the despair lingered.

I guess I have only one more thing to try.

She started to cast a spell.

Another circle appeared in-front of her.

This one glowing with greens, golds, and red hues.

It’s beautiful!

She thought as she looked at it.

The spell spun faster and faster until it split into to more circles.

They then formed a circle above her head. Then one below her feet.

Is it working?!

She couldn’t dare to hope.

Then it happened.

Oh god! It hur-

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA“

————————————————-

It was five days later. The Demon Lord’s aura had finally dissipated.

Correction.

It was like it had disappeared entirely.

Many people who knew the Demon Lord came by to visit over the last five days. Many came just knocking on Crystaria’s hut frame. Giving thanks or greetings.

Others that knew her well; Greed, Creeping Ivy, Leaf (since it was her home), Leaf’s sisters, Hush, Breeze, and many others stopped by at least once.

Artemis had stopped by almost everyday since after Crystaria rejection.

But everyone said the same thing after seeing her.

“She is still just laying there curled up into a ball crying.”

Athena’s heart ached every time she heard someone describe her friend in that state. Athena knew it was all her fault that her friend was in pain.

Heck! Everyone who knew the two were together that day, knew that I had caused all this.

All her close friends had looked at her with either a look of contempt of disappointment.

The exception being Willow. She gave her a hug, whispering to her.

“It’ll be okay Athy… everything will be fine. I’m here for you if you need me to cry on.”

Which she took wholly advantage of her kindness.

By day four, most had stopped glaring or looking at her quite so harshly.

Athena was quite lucky in a way. Most people in the village; both goblins and orcs. Had come to the conclusion that since the Demon Lord’s aura went hurtling out of control on that day: that she must have been mourning the loss of all the peoples names on the memorial stone she had brought down.

Athena was morbidly thank for that. She hated it. Hated herself really.

Those who had been closes to her decided to give her a small reprieve. Whenever people came up asking about what happened to the Demon Lord, or how was she. They just fed into the rumor saying that she was still in mourning.

Athena realized how really, REALLY, luck she had been in all this. She only lost what was basically her soulmate in all this.

…Small price to pay I suppose… She thought on the verge of tears.

Now, here she stood, along with all the higher ups, her friends, family, and about, was Athena could tell, was about the entirety of Crystaria’s faction. Plus another ninety of so thousand more.

Some many came just to see what had happened to their Demon Lord after her aura disappeared. We were lucky to be here close by to get here first.

Athena was also acutely aware of Lirania within the semi-circle. She could feel her glance in her direction multiple times.

But Athena was focused on the entrance to the door.

She didn’t want to miss her friend coming out.

It wasn’t much longer after that, that Crystaria emerged.

She saw her friend’s tiny hand pushing aside the flap the hut, as she stepped out from inside the darkness of inside.

Athena sucked in a breath. She also thinks she heard a few near her do the same.

Crystaria; the Demon Lord. Stepped out into full view of the public.

She, wasn’t different physically. Same height. Same teal colored eyes. Same hooded figure. But it was her demeanor.

Gone were expressive eyes that let you know what she was thinking. Gone was the teal dress that she had worn before. She was now in what Athena might call a dark, but faded-purplish-grey color robe. Complete with a hood and veil combination.

And her aura it to was.

  

 

Gone.

 

 

It was just, not there.

 

Normally, even on her best day. When Crystaria tried to suppress her aura, at most, she would calm down the emotions leaking into it, while also reeling in, or cutting off the excess. Even then, would still be able to feel the presence of her aura.

Now though?

It was gone.

Empty.

That was a good word for it. Athena thought.

Emptiness.

Like staring at a corpse.

Crystaria looked around the group of faces surrounding her.

Starting from straight ahead, then to the left, swinging all the way to the right, but to focusing forwards again, seeming to settle on Artemis.

Athena couldn’t help but feel a pain in her chest, when her friends gaze swept over her without so much as a hesitation.

“Cr-… Demon Lord?” Artemis called to her. “Are you okay?”

Athena’s friend looked up into her grandma’s eyes; her’s still blank, lifeless, expressionless.

“I’m fine Artemis. How are you? What is with all the people here?”

Her voice.

The tingling bell like sound to them was almost completely gone.

Her voice had no fluctuations to it.

Just a flat singular sound.

“W-Well,” Artemis hesitated. Equally thrown off by how Crystaria’s tone of voice. “We have been worried about you; all of us!” She indicated. “Your aura… well, how do I say this? It was massive just the other day. But now?…” Artemis shrugged nonchalantly. Trying her best to make everything seem like nothing was wrong.

“I see. Well then, I apologize for worrying you all. I just had some personal things I was dealing with.”

Athena felt that she might just burst into tears at any moment. The way her friend was acting. The way her words sounded so cold. It all felt so wrong. She worried her bottom lip between her teeth, trying very hard not to cry.

“T-There is no need to apologize Crysta.” Artemis told her casually. “We just care about you, so we have been worried.

“I see, then I guess I will say thanks instead then; thank you all for your concern. But you guys didn’t need to all go through the trouble to come and check up on me here. Besides, I am the Demon Lord, what could possibly harm me?”

The was a deathly silence that followed her deceleration.

It… almost sounds like she claims that title now…

“But it is good that you’re all here I suppose.” Crystaria mused. “I have things I wanted to say anyways.”

With that said. Crystaria jumped up backwards to land on top of Leaf’s hut’s roof.

Crystaria scanned all the people here. She lifted her hands, she then moved while weaving them around, causing glowing teal threads of light circled and surrounded her hands. Once she was done, a large teal circle appeared in front of Crystaria’s face.

“Hello. Good citizens of the Graggoremire plains.” Her voice echoing in its singular tone, even while she spoke to all present. “I am the Demon Lord Crystaria. I would like to firstly thank you all for your support over the last few days I have been disposed.”

Athena quickly realized that she was still speaking in goblin primer. She looked around herself, but didn’t notice any confused looks on the orcs faces.

How was she doing?…

“After taking some time to, let’s call it, recharge. I am back, and ready to tell make some announcements to you: first of all. There will be some changes coming. As it stands right now. This city is to small to support the amount of people it currently has. We will be effectively tripling, if not quadrupling, the size the city currently is.”

This started a large murmuring through the crowd, from orcs and goblins alike.

But Crystaria sauntered on.

“Secondly. There will be new jobs aside with new plans to for education. For now, it is not ready, nor do we have the people for it. But soon we will have both an educational area for people to come to learn to read and write in all the languages we currently know. We will also be start an academy of magic, separate from what you all have come to call shamans who use magic. All will be welcome to come and study and learn magic.

A large amount of gasps were heard running trough the crowds.

People weren’t even pretending to be quiet anymore, there was talking with, cheers, or excited chattering running this way and that.

What was she saying?!

“This academy will be run by a goblin counsel member name Seshat.” The brought gasps through the crowds again. But more none loudly than from Seshat herself.

“She will be doing this jointly at first with Shaman Flannik, until she is comfortable with the roll. I expect your full cooperation with this.”

Her last words sent a chill down Athena’s spine. And she wasn’t the only one.

“Right now, our understanding on how this new magic I have invented works.   It is to rudimentary, even by the standards of how shamans have been doing magic before. So to fix that those who are competent in magic or are proficient in magic already, will be the first enrolled into are new academy of magic first. So that they will become the teachers of future generations of those who which to cast magic.”

There were excited chattering and murmuring running through out the entire gathered crowd. In fact, from the beginning of the Demon Lord’s speech, many, many more people had started to gather, turning it from nearly a hundred-thousand, to five-hundred-thousand present.

All eagerly listening to their Demon Lord.

“There will also be other changes as well. Many of you, especially the orc citizens will chafe at these changes. But if you stick with me, do not fight these changes, but instead, try to understand them, I will promise you this, that we will be the most technologically advanced nation and races on Alstaria. We will also be the most powerful force that the world has ever seen.”

People we holding their breaths in anticipation for what she was saying.

“I promise you: that if you follow me, that we will change this world for the better. We will make this city, our nation a utopia, just as your Warchief promised you orcs. I will keep my promise to him, and lead you all into a brighter future.”

The silence was deafing.

 

 

 

 

 

 “D-DEMON LORD!” Came a single cheer from the midst of the crowd with a raised fist.

“DEMON LORD!”

“DEMON LORD!”

“DEMON LORD!”

“DEMON LORD!”

“DEMON LORD!”

“DEMON LORD!”

“DEMON LORD!”

The entire crowd chanted her moniker and position for what seemed like an hour.

Eventually, Crystaria jumped down, her friends looked at her with a mixture of awe and trepidation.

“Is this what you want?” Artemis asked her with genuine fearful worry for her friend’s well-being.

Crystaria looked into her eyes.

“It is all I have left.” She told her, and she left it at that.

“!!!!!!!” Artemis realized what she wasn’t saying with those words.

Everyone of her close friends, aides and confidants did.

“Now if you will excuse me. I need to mingle amongst my people.” Crystaria walked forward travers along the crowd.

————————————————-

“Hehehehe.” Giggled a gurgling voices that sounded like stones, mud and creaking wood.

It shifted its position. Chains clanked and scrapped against one another as it did; It was actually the first time ever, it had been able to do so ever in over ten millennia. The sound of chains scraping against tree bark, stone, and thudding into dirt echoed across the darkness of the void.

“Aaahhhh! That feels SOooooo! Good! Nothing beats moving after Sooooo loooong…” The creature looked over towards its companion. “Wouldn’t you agree?”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

“Oh right! You’re still trapped there. Silly me! Tee-hee!”

“HATE YOU! KILL THEM ALL! SUBJUGATE YOU!!!”

“AW! You really mean that don’t you sweetie! Even after all these years! You still say the sweetest things! Hee hee hee!”

“AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!! WE WILL KILL THEM! KILL IT! DESTROY THE ABOMINATION!!!”

“*TSK* But sweetie?! That is our Daughter. Our bundle joy! The product of our love!…. *PFFT* hahahahahahahaha! I tried! But I just couldn’t keep a straight face! Hahahaha!”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! HATE YOU! KILL THEM ALL! DEMONS! MONSTERS! CORRUPTION! ABOMINATIONS! WE WILL CLAIM YOU!”

“Oh honey… haven’t you learned after all these years? That I am my own person. No one claims or subjugates me.” It told its imprisoned companion.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

The creature shifted back, ignoring its companion in favor of staring through the portal to stare at its “daughter”.

“I do feel bad however that she has had to suffer so much… But she has much to do. Can’t let things interfere with the plans. We are so close…” It lifted a hand, stroking the image that displayed the face of its daughter. “Maybe I have been a little harsh on her… but a MOTHER must chasten her DAUGHTER at times, if she is to grow… I do feel bad about the, let’s call it, unintened side-effect that spell had on her; it caused to much pain…” It stared through the portal longer, but this time, switching the view to a wide shot of the world.

“Now? Who will be the useful and suitable gift for my daughter…” It pondered as it looked over things from above. “Ah! You know what?! I never take my time with things like this! I don’t plan! I won’t let this interrupt my frivolity!” It reached a finger forwards towards a single area of the world. Black ichor dripped from the tip of its finger as it entered in through the portal. Rippling the image as if it were water.

“There we go!” It said pleased with what it had done.

It then turned the image back towards its daughter. Sighing in satisfaction at seeing her.

“She surprises me to no end you know!” It said towards her captive companion. “I wonder what will she do next with that in motion now.”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!“

   

 

  

      

   

Announcement
OH MY GOD GUYS! We did it! We are over the finish-line! We are done with book one!

… What? That was it?! That is how book one ends?! That was terrible!

Look… I know everyone will probably hate this. And I understand that. I begrudge not a single person or fan who is reading this to leave. I will only say thank you for reading this and being on this journey with me so far, and being patient with me and my sporadic updates.

For all of this. I can only say I am sorry.

This was always the plan.

I had planned out Athena to do this since the begging, this was never just something that I changed my mind in the middle of the story.

She was always suppose to break Crysta’s heart. She was never suppose to be such a flushed out character to begin with! I don’t know how all of these things happened! I planned for none of what has happened, that has happened in my book!

But that is enough of my apologies and excuses!

On to important news!

I am writing book two as we speak, then the first two chapters will be up, sometime either Wednesday or Thursday. Hard to say… the side chapters will be out sometime soon, either as a bundle, or in chunks. But that is actually up to you guys? Do you want them all at once? Want the next part of the main story? Or bring them out as chunks along with book two? 

I’ll leave poll for that.

On another note: if anyone has questions about this first book or is not understanding something. Please feel free to make this comment section a Q&A portion. But keep it cordial and friendly please! Debates are fine and healthy, but no name calling please.

And if you just post that your dropping it or threatening to drop it. Just don’t. I would rather you do and not say anything, then to threaten me with it like that will make me change what will happen in the story.

I am barely controlling the flow of this story as is. If something happens that we don’t like. Chances are I didn’t like it either.

I loved Athena. She was and is one of my favorite characters that I got to write out.

Speaking of which! Fun game I just thought of! Can you guess which spontaneous character that just showed up in the book? And which characters were my favorite?! Tee-hee!

Anyways! Got to go! Love you all! Have a good week! See you soon!

And as always! Thank you all so much for joining me in this journey!

I hope you all have enjoyed it so far, and will continue to like what is to come!

Your writing slave, Phraye. ~v~

Book 2 or soup?
  • Chapter 34/book two? Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Side chapters? (Chunky style?) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Side chapters? (Bundle style?) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Campbells Chunky soup. Votes: 5 35.7%
Total voters: 14 · This poll was closed on Jul 9, 2021 12:22 PM.
18