Chapter 38: Cultural Exchange.
421 22 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Brenna was laying down in her bed, staring up at the ceiling of this strange confines that she found herself imprisoned within.

She thought back on everything that happened this morning. Even thought back on everything that had happened since the battle at Fort Vidar.       

        

And all of the strange circumstances that had happened that lead to this point.

             

None of the scouts had found any sort of movement while patrolling the swamps. Which either meant that they died or that they weren’t in their correct position.

           

Since I can rule out the first, I’m left with the fact that not a single one was where they were supposed to be to have seen the encroaching army of dark races…

            

But there are only three people at Fort Vidar who have that kind of power besides myself to change orders…

Marquees Malivant.

Staff Commander Jorten

And Knight Commander Cedric.

             

As their names floated around in her head. She thought that it couldn’t have been any of them.

None of them would have had a reason to do any of that! Why would anyone purposefully reposition scouting parties that day. It would make it seem like they were allowing the army of dark races to come attack us… it doesn’t make sense!  She thought in frustration.

Yet at the same time, she was also frustrated by the fact that there was clearly something going on for all these circumstances to have allowed it to happen.

There was also only a very few guards posted inside near the secret escape passage of the royal family.

             

The only surviving guards ending up being our adviser’s, two of Loki’s personal guards, along with Loki himself… No… I’m not even going to entertain the thought of Loki being behind all of this. It just doesn't make sense!

But even as she thought that. She had an inkling of doubt.

Let’s say for argument’s sake, that he has done this; what would Loki gain from this anyways? A seat of power on the royal throne? He knows as well as I do, that our position as royals is really just to be the human Kingdom’s puppet in leading the elves by the nose…— I mean the empire… damn it! She corrected herself. Why did they have to go and loose their own kingdom to that slime ball of a shit chancellor! I swear to the Gods of Light, if I ever meet him one-on-one, I might kill him myself.

               

She crossed her arms grumpily at the thought of the human chancellor.

Now emperor.

That good for nothing, racists bastard! She thought venomously.

          

“The Demon Lord has a better character than him!” She said out loud.

           

             

The Demon Lord…

                  

             

Her thoughts coming full circle back onto the topic of her distress.

       

She turned to her side, staring out the window to see the pure blue afternoon sky.

        

She let out a sigh at the sight of it.

Some times… I wish I was born as either a avian or a dragon… just so I can fly… I would put up with being a mono race like the avians or having to wait to grow five-hundred years old before I could change shape, just so I can fly… might be worth it… She pondered to herself distractedly, just so she didn’t have to think about the Demon Lord.

Damn it! Damn her! How can she just do a few kind things then ask me a few simple questions, and make me question everything I believe in and turn it upside down…

        

She looked down at the two notes laying next to her. She thought back on when she stole the note from her brother and advisor after hearing about them arguing about the notes contents.

        

They had been arguing about it. How her brother had been desperate to launch a counter attack against the Demon Lord from the orc village at the Graggoremire plains. How their advisor was arguing against any rash actions that it was best to assess the situation, to wait for scouting parties to return, then they could mount a proper attack.

This made her angry at the time. How could our advisor even think about waiting to get revenge on our enemies after they had just attacked us.

But now that she thought about it. He may have been right.

Not only did she and her team go in completely blind and get caught off guard. They had been spotted and from the sound of things, almost since the first day they arrived.

          

We were so desperate not to get caught by what we thought of as a stray goblin, we didn’t even consider that it might have been a decoy all along.

Gods of light! It was like we were recruits or something that were still wet behind their ears!

She as she was lamenting their circumstances, she also conceded that they were also not going up against their garden verity of goblins or orcs for that matter.

So… let’s assess.

If the Demon Lord is honest. Which I doubt. That means we have a traitor that willingly aided the attack on our Fort during the time of royal inspection…

Brenna paused at this thought.

Wait?… they came to attack… on the same day that the royal family just so happens to arrive? On top of that! They find a supposed low point in the wall that takes them directly to the exit of the secret passage, on the other side if the fort, also opposite side if the battling… No… it can’t be…

Brenna flopped back over onto her back.

The more complicated answer to all of this is. That the Demon Lord planned all of this some how. Made a note to lure either me or any one here from the royal family or someone at all that knew of elven politics. Indoctrinate them… get them to, what exactly?… lead the Demon Lord to the Alva Elof. Where she could take over the city?

        

As funny and as scary as it seemed to her. She couldn’t even think that this Demon Lord would try such a back handed thing.

         

Or maybe she would? I don’t know?!


She flopped her arms out on to the bed.

           

I have to many questions. With not enough answers.

I need to talk to my men… She decided.

She sat up from her bed, eyeing the door wearily, as just behind it lay a hugely pregnant orc.

Who was supposedly a man at one point?!

               

She shook her head of this strange thought.

Now wasn’t the time for that.

She got up, stretched her body to get the stiffness out.

She headed towards the door. As she stood it front if it, her hand raised to knock. She wondered if she should just barge out and demand instead.

Well, she has been nothing but kind so far… despite some trickery. Brenna amended as she thought of what was done to her.

       

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

         

After a few seconds, an orc with long muddy-blond hair pulled into a ponytail, poked her head around the door.

“Yes? How can I help you?”

            

“Umm…” It was strange for Brenna to hear elvish from an orc. “Would it… be alright if I could go see my men?”

“Oh… Yes, that will be fine. I just have to send word to their handlers.”

     

“Handlers?”

       

“Ah! That is what I am; what we are. We have been assigned to take care of you all and help provide for your needs. At least for the time being until you can find your way around the city.”

“Ah! So this is the fancy term for warden or jailer.”

“More like a fancy title for tour-guides as guards.” The orc commented.

          

“So? That means I can?”

“Of course! They are just not all in this same apartment.”

“What is an apartment?”

“Ah! An apartment is a large housing complex where many individuals live.” As she was say this, she had seen the elf’s eyes go wide. So she waved her out of the door. “Come out here and see for yourself.” The orc offered.

Brenna hesitated for a moment, but she then took her chance to take a closer look at her environment.

The orc stepped to the side, her belly swollen from her child she was carrying.

As she stepped out of the doorway. She saw a long hallway with many doors that lined each side of the hallway.

        

“By the Light Gods…” She couldn’t help herself as she let out the curse as she stood and saw this marveled.

        

She heard a soft chortle behind her. She turned to look at the orc who was holding her back.

“Marvelous isn’t it?” The orc commented.

“Yeah… the person who owns this must be rich or has plenty of resources.” Brenna comments.

“Hahahaha!” This made the orc burst into laughter.

          

“…….” Brenna tilts her head to the side at the unexpected laughter from the orc.

Seriously? Are these people going to start laughing at everything I say?!

           

“Might I ask? what it is that I said that you find so humorous?” She asked as cordially as she could.

“Sorry, sorry. I was just thinking at how funny it was that you thought that person might be rich or something.” The orc explained.

“Are you saying they built this mansion out of nothing?”

“Not out of nothing. But they did gather all the resources themselves. She really doesn’t like to see people work or pay for things that were her idea.”

“Oh that’s nice. Most nobles or merchants wouldn’t think of anything other than the profit they could make from-“

     

*PFFT*

     

“—…The people…” She was annoyed at their laughter at her.

The orc cleared her throat before saying anything.

“Sorry about that… something was caught in my throat.” She said as an excuse.

“…Right…” Brenna commented.

“So anyways, there are only three others from your team here in this hot—… I mean the apartments.”

Was she about to call this place something else? Brenna was curious, but not enough to call her out.

“Okay?… Is there anyway to allow us all to meet to discuss things as a group?” Brenna asked her.

      

“Of course. I had thought that might have been your intentions before.” the Orc gestures down the hall before she starts walking.

Brenna hurriedly follows close behind her, as the orc suddenly started walking away without any preamble.

“Okay, so… the three staying here are… If I remember their names correctly are: Bryan, Ryan, Tavish.”

        

Brenna stopped in her tracks. As she heard Bryan’s name.

          

The orc sensing that the elf had stopped, turned around to look at Brenna.

“Is there something wrong?”

“Umm… no, nothing really. Just… can we just leave Bryan at his place? I mean, he just got put to sleep by Crys-… By the Demon Lord.” She corrected herself.

She noticed the smirk at the corner of the orc’s mouth.

“Are you sure? It should be no trouble to wake-“

“No!… no… it is just that… I need to talk to the rest of them before I bring in Bry… I mean my Lieutenant…”

                

The orc’s smirk remained even after everything she said this; and if Brenna was being honest, it also sounded like excuses to her ears as well.

      

It’s not because of what Crys-…. The Demon Lord said… it’s not. She tried to convince herself.

              

“Look! Let’s just go!…” Brenna grumbled as she walks past the orc.

She heard a chuckle as she past her.

As they got down the the hall, they spot a goblin sitting on the floor looking bored.

“Ahh… Sweetie? Are you feeling bored waiting here?” The Orc calls out to the goblin on the floor.

      

The goblin looks up from her feet with a bright smile on her face as she looks towards them.

“LRAN!” The goblin got to her feet and started running towards the orc.

The orc bent down as the goblin reached her. She picked her up, lifting her up to press her to against  her chest. Their lips met in a loving kiss.

               

This shocked Brenna to see this.

An orc?! A goblin?! What?!

As they separated, the orc put down the goblin and turned towards her with her hand on the goblins head.

“This is one of my mates: her name is Cindy.”

          

“…Cindy!…” She squeaked out the goblin’s name in surprise.

“Yes! That is my name!” She lifted her hand towards the elf. “Pleased to meet you!” She told her enthusiastically.

Brenna stared at her hand, then the goblin it was attached too. She wore the same garb as the goblins the other night; but she did not have her hood and mask covering her.

“A pleasure, I’m sure.” Her etiquette from her royal training kicking in carrier her through the introduction.

“Hehehehe!” The goblin let out a delightfully sounding giggle. “Oh, I like her. She’s strong and has spunk.” Cindy comments.

The orc tsked at its mate.

“Really? I’m going tell Yamin you said that when we go home later tonight.” She threatened.

“Lran please! Know he is just going to tie me to the chair and make me watch you two!” She fake cried while smirking at her mate.

This brought a blush to Brenna’s face and the orc’s.

              

“I can’t believe you said that! We’re in public, damnit!” The pregnant orc shout miffed.

“Aaawww! Somebwodys! Cwanky!” The goblin; Cindy, baby talked to her mate as she giggled her amusement.

The orc then ground her knuckles playfully into the top of Cindy’s skull.

             

“*AHEM*” Brenna had to clear her throat to get their attentions.

“Can I please see my men now?”

“Ah! Yes, of course.” Cindy moved to the door, opening it up wide. “Right through here.”

“…Thank you…” She felt weird, saying thank you while also speaking elvish to a goblin.

“My pleasure!” She said with her sickeningly sweet smile.

        

Brenna walked into the room. As she walked into the main room proper, she saw her friend laying on bed staring at the ceiling. Much like she had earlier.

“Hey Ryan.” She called out to him.

Once he heard her voice. He scrambled to sit up on the bed.

“C-Commander?!”

“Oh by Light Gods! You are alright!”

“You were told about me?” She asked first. “Also, it is good to see that you’re okay soldier. Tell me what’s happed to you?”

He took a deep breath. But then sagged his shoulders before shrugging them instead.

       

“Nothing.”

            

“Nothing?”

              

“Yeah… I mean, the only thing that has happened since we’ve separated, was that about two hours ago, the Demon Lord came by here and-“

      

“The Demon Lord was here?!”

      

Brenna’s unexpected shout startled Ryan in place.

“Y-Yeah. I mean, she come by about two hours ago. She then explained to me that she talked with you, saying that you might be by soon, but she didn’t know when. So she told me if I needed anything, to just ask the goblin out side my door.” He shrugged. “Not really much; see what I mean?”

Brenna put a hand on her chin as she thought of what she was told.

So she’s been to see my soldiers… doesn’t seem to be trying coerce them. It sounds like she didn’t even tell him about what we talked about.

“So?… how are you Commander? She talked with you first right?… what did she say?” Ryan asked casually.

Brenna stiffened.

This casually asked question made Brenna uncomfortable because she could not stop thinking about what the Demon Lord had said previously.

Damn her… Bryan was just being cautious… just curious about what the Demon Lord had said… nothing more.

“We… Had… breakfast…” Brenna told him haltingly.

      

“Breakfast?…”

          

“Yeah…”

      

“With the Demon Lord?…” He asked her as a grin spread across his face.

          

“Yes…”

         

“Hahahahahahahahaha!”

          

And there he goes…

“Ryan…”

“Breakfast! Hahahaha! With the Demon Lord! Hahahah! Light Gods! I want to read a book titled that! Hahahaha!” He laughed as he punched the bed in a fit of hysterical laughter.

“…*SIGH*… Ryan…” Brenna tried to get through to her soldier.

“Hahahahahahaha! Oh Gods! Help! I can’t breath!”

“Alright, that is enough.” 

*THUD*

“UGHOOO!”

Ryan bent over from the waist after Brenna smashed her fist into his sternum.

“You settled?”

“……Yes!……” Ryan wheezed as he was bent over the bed.

           

“Alright… I have some things I want to discuss with everyone. So I will be asking everyones’ opinions about what we’re about to do next. We have apparently been granted the free range of this village.”

“Oh! That is cool. We can see everything they have planned and see what we’re up against if we can get this information back home.”

Brenna nodded her head.

“My thoughts exactly. But that is only IF, we can get this information out.”

“Right…” Ryan realized what she was implying.

“But it seems we’re not really being treated like normal prisoners; especially for some would be assassins, that we turned out to be.”

Brenna snorted at what he said.

          

“Right.” She agreed as she turned towards the door. “Let’s get going.”

“Nice.” Ryan said standing. “Are we going to go get the Lieutenant next?”

“….” Brenna’s hand hovered over the door handle. “Why do you ask?”

Ryan shrugged.

“No reason… Just wondering if we were going to get your fiancé first, that’s all.”

“…Right…”

“Something going on with him?” Ryan asked cautions.

“I… don’t have a reason… but I need to talk to you all first, after we explore the Demon Lord’s territory. Then I can tell you guys.”

“…Okay… whatever you say, Commander.” He said skeptically, but otherwise trusted his commander’s decision.

After they exited Ryan’s room, only the orc was still standing there.

           

“Where did Cindy go?” Brenna asked.

“Who’s Cindy?” Ryan asked.

“My mate.” “Your goblin guard.” The orc and Brenna answered at the same time.

         

Ryan looked from his Commander to the orc with a double take of his head.

“A goblin is your mate?”

“Yup! Proud of it!” The orc said with a smirk.

“Wow! That is… different. Most people assume that you dark races hate each other… err no offense.” He amended as he realized what he said might sound rude.

But the orc just shrugged her shoulders.

“None taken. If it weren’t for the Demon Lord beating us at the battle of mount Graggoremire three years ago, we wouldn’t be where we are today with our society. If that if it wasn’t for her, goblins would still be seen as nothing as vermin people thought of them as.”

Ryan nodded along with what she was saying.


“I see… so you were there too?-“

         

“Eup-pup-up! Enough of that chatter for now.” Brenna made a gesture with her hand. “If you would please…” She trailed off, realizing she hadn’t gotten the orc’s name.

The orc, realizing the problem let out a chuckle.

“It’s Oglran.” She told Brenna. “Sargent General of the Demon Lord’s rangers.”

They both opened their eyes wide at the reveal of her rank.

“Surprised?”

         

“A little.” Ryan admitted. “No offense again. But when I saw that you were so…” He trailed off as he gestured towards her midsection.

Brenna slapped her hand against her face in frustration.

“Ryan…”

“What?!”

“Hahahaha!” But instead of being insulted, the orc; Oglran seemed to take it well. “No offense soldier. I am used to blunt people. My other mate is also a general in the Demon Lord’s army.”

“Wait? Other mate?”

“No!” Brenna interrupted. “We have more people to collect. If you can’t walk and talk, do so at the same time. Otherwise, I’m leaving you two behind.” She harrumphed as she walked away.

The made Ryan and Olgran look at each in wide eyed surprise before sharing a chuckle.

“Is she always this uptight?” Oglran asked.

“Oh sister! You don’t even know the half of it!” Ryan said dramatically.

          

Brenna faltered a step hearing what they were saying.

“Do you two mind?! I am standing right here!”

They glanced at each other before looking back at Brenna.

“”Not at all.”” They told her in-sync.

“*HMPH!*”

She harrumphed again before turning to walk away from the other two.

This only caused more laughter to flare up behind her.

————————————————-

After making their way down the hall, Oglran lets out a displeased noise.

“What is wrong?” Brenna was the first to pick up on her displeasure.

       

“We’re coming up to the other elf’s room… but I don’t see his guard.” She told them.

      

Ryan and Brenna exchanged worried glances with each other.

“Do you think something could have happened to them?”

“………” Oglran was quiet for a while. “I don’t know…”

Everyone was nervous as the got closer towards the room.

          

By the time they were near the door to the their comrade was in, they could hear grunts and screams coming from the room.

“SHIT!” Oglran push her way through the door. Running in before assessing the situation.

        

“What is going on… here?….”

              

                

            

“Yes! YES! Oh harder! Fuck me harder!”

The three entered the room relatively together. All three of them witnessing a brown haired goblin, with large breasts comparable to a thirty ilm bust on a human. She was bouncing and screaming her throes of pleasure as she rode a satisfied looking elf as his expression crossed over into his pleasure as he achieved his release.

The two unusual lovers were just finishing and their movements slowing as the group of three had just walked into the room.

The elf on the bed looked over dazedly, after the two of them having finished and basked in post coital bliss. Only to just then notice the group that had walked in on them.

      

“S-Shit! C-Commander!” He hastily threw a sheet over his companion and himself.

“W-W—What brings you here?!-“

         

Brenna held up her hand.

“Save it.”

Now it was Ryan’s turn to slap his face with his palm.

“Gods Tavish… I can’t even believe this, you know? I defend you every time people bring up rumors about you fucking anything that moves… but now? I can’t even pretend that you don’t do as they accuse you of anymore.” Brenna scolded Tavish with a disappointed scowl.

Tavish could do nothing but look down at his legs where he had a sheet pulled up to cover his lower have.

“Sorry Commander…” He apologized morosely.

“Just fucking get cleaned up and dressed. I will be waiting outside.” She ordered curtly before turning away.

As she pasted Oglran, she noticed a smirk on the orc’s face. She followed her line of sight, to look at the brown haired female goblin. Who was currently peeking up from under the covers at towards Oglran.

“We’ll be talking about this later ranger.” She warned the goblin with a smirk.

      

“…Yes sir….” The goblin said moroesly.

She then gave a nod before turning to leave as Brenna had been doing before getting distracted.

The three of them left room after confirming the other two peoples safety. After returning to the hallway, Ryan was the first to speak up.

“You know? I think someone owes me money.”

“*PFFT*” This comment only threw their guide into a fit of giggles at the unexpected nature of what was just said.

           

Brenna looked at Ryan like he had grown a second head.

“What the in the dark hells are you talking about soldier?”

He shrugged.

“Just that, I think I made a bet with someone once upon a time, that Tavish was so horny, that he would fuck a goblin.”

This just set off more laughter from Oglran.

“Hahahaha! Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it good sir!”

“Oh yeah!…” He just remembered who he said that in-front of.

        

“…Ryan…” Brenna bemoaned his behavior.

This once again sparked another set of laughter from Oglran.

          

After they waited another minute. Tavish came out of the room looking like his face might burst into actual flames.

Brenna just tsked at him before slapping him on his back.

“Don’t worry about it soldier. I think your punishment is already at hand, once  Ryan starts spreading word of this.” She informed him.

“UGH!” Tavish groaned before look at Ryan pleadingly. “Ryan, please!”

“Nope! Everyone! And I mean, absolutely everyone! is going to hear about how Tavish will stick his dick in anything, including goblin.”

“*AHEM*” Oglran cleared her throat behind them. 

        

Ryan whirled around.

“Not to say that it’s a bad thing! Hehehe…” He assured with a sheepish grin.

“Ugh! Let’s just go already. Oglran, if you would please.”

“Certainly.”

————————————————-

After the incident with Tavish, they had made their way outside to go to the locations of the other eleven soldiers.

Oglran took them to a set of strange magical doorways, ones she told them. That would bring them to the bottom floor of the building they were. They were skeptical at first. But Oglran rolled her eyes at them before stepping onto it.

She then pointed towards a pathway that led to the stairs.

“Take that if you don’t trust it. But remember! If it wasn’t safe, would I really risk my unborn child on it?”

With that, the set of doors closed with her on them.

          

They looked at each other before nodding in agreement. Then they stepped through the next set of doors. Which then gently brought them downwards.

They felt as the box they were in, slowly started to descend. It didn’t drop nearly as fast as they feared it would go.

As they reached the bottom. It made a gentle rocking motion as it reached its destination.

As the doors opened, they noticed a very pregnant orc sitting on a set of benches by the doors they were getting out from.

“Oh thank the Dark God. If you fuckers would have actually taken the stairs, I would broken your legs!” She yelled at them. Making all three of the elves stiffen at her anger.

“Sorry…” Oglran apologized  “Those are the hormones talking.”

“What are?-“

“Don’t ask!” Oglran shouted in embarrassment. “*AHEM* A-Anyways!” She said as she struggled to get up off the bench she was sitting on.

“Let’s get you three to the rest of your group.”

            

Olgran then took them through another hallway, as they rounded the corner, to see more doors connecting to other rooms.

“Man! To have this many rooms in one place?! There must be a hundreds of orcs and goblins here?” Tavish commented.

“Actually? Not really.” Oglran told him. “This place was designed with the thought in mind that we would allow travelers to come and stay in these rooms for the night. Or for however long they planned on staying.”

“Wait?! So this is just a giant tavern? an inn?!” Brenna asked incredulously.

“Yes… I guess those might fit the description of this place. But if I am not mistaken, she call this place a hotel.”

“A hotel? what is that?!”

“Yeah… mostly like a rich or higher class sort of inn.” Oglran shrugged her shoulders. “We really didn’t have those things before the Demon Lord came along. She has since introduced and invented many sorts of gadgets and inventions that, frankly speaking. If we didn’t have them anymore, I am not sure how we would live without them.” She told them how she honestly felt.

          

The three soldier shared a weary glances with each other while they followed behind the orc.

The hallway they were in opened up into a large open area. As they entered into this new place, they noticed that there were a group of people standing in the middle of the room.

Which the grouped noticed them at the same time.

      

“Commander!”

       

Someone shouted from the group. Then then rest of the heads in the group started turning towards them.

Brenna let out a sigh of relief at the sight that all of her men were still in one piece.

As they were walking towards the group, she spotted a familiar face.

Ah! That is where Cindy must have gone. She gathered the rest of my men. Brenna concluded.

“Greetings everyone! I am glad to see you all hale and whole.” She adressed her soldiers. “For now, before I start explaining things. Let me tell you what is going on.” She pointed towards Oglran. “This generous orc here: Olgran. Has been assigned as my… guide, as it were.”

        

She then gestured to everyone in-front of her.

“I see many of you have one of those yourselves.”

Several of her men nodded. Some of them choose to sneer at their handlers; the handlers doing nothing to provoke them.

“Then as an order. You will do your utmost to cooperate with your guide if they tell you to do something.”

          

Most of her men froze and stiffened into place upon hearing this.

       

“Commander?! Are you serious?!”

“How are we supposed to-“

“They are just-“

“I am not going to just-“

           

“SHUT UP!” Brenna yelled out. “Attention!” Her order ringing out, snapping all of her men, along with a few of the goblins and orcs surrounding them.

“As of right now. We are prisoners here in this territory. We don’t deserve rights. But our host, the Demon Lord. Has graciously allowed us free range to explore to our heart’s content of this village of theirs.”

She looked at the faces of all of her men.

“I want you all to pair up in teams of two to explore the village. Once you have. Report it to me first, and only me directly.” She made sure to emphasize this. “I also want to treat your guided with the same respect you show towards me.” She instructed them. “No insubordination will be tolerated at any point, for any reason.”

“We will be taking this opportunity to learn about our enemies and gather intelligence on their strengths, since the Demon Lord has obviously been naive enough to grant us permission to explore. Then, once we have the required info, I’ll instruct you further on what we will be doing after that. Any questions or concerns.”

“Ma’am!” Called out her knight: private Crepe. “What reason do we have to cooperate? Shouldn’t our priority be returning you safely back home and reporting what we already do know?”

“That is a fair question Private. But no. As of now. We are M.I.A. with no one back home to confirm our location as is. As of right now, I am currently negotiating with the Demon Lord on our treatment here. So far, they have been extremely lenient. Almost to the point of being suspicious. But if we do not take this opportunity while it is in front of us. We risk either wasting our time, and or risking wasting our lives if we gather nothing else worth while in the process of our time here while being incarcerated.”

      

“Should we really be discussing this in front of our… guides?…” Frank asked that last part through gritted teeth.

“They are there to be our guides. While I don’t relish the idea of being under watch under all hours of the clock. I do respect that it is their right to do so: that being said, if we show we have no hostilities towards them; they will be lenient towards us.” She promised them.

Oglran raised an eyebrow at this, but choose to say nothing.

“Anymore questions?”

            

Some more questions came, but they were pretty standard after the last few. Questions on what they were supposed to be looking for? How were they supposed to know when they found something important?

All of which she answered.

“Everything!” She shouted out finally after answering what was essentially the same question for the forth time. “Question everything! If you discover that goblins now wear perfume to hide their odors; write it down! If you see a large training facility! Write it down! If you see your grandma shacking up with an orc! Write it down!”

       

This brought a snort from the Dark Races, along with Ryan who was thinking about what they caught Tavish doing earlier.

           

“Last chance! Anymore questions?” She asked one last time.

“Where is Lieutenant Bryan ma’am?” Asked a Sargent named Brooks.

“He… is indisposed at the moment.” She told them hesitantly.

A few of her soldiers shared a look between each other, but otherwise said nothing while at attention.

         

“Alright everyone! As for a suggestion to get started. Ask your guide to take you on a tour around their village, then ask about anything you can think of that we could use. Is that clear?!”

         

““Yes ma’am!””

       

“Alright then. Dismissed!”

After being dismissed, her group of soldiers began doing as instructed. And began forming into pairs or trios before heading out.

Since they had to have their guides with then at all times. They were likely to not to get into to much trouble.

Hopefully.

“Commander. A word.”

Speak of the dark lord…

      

Her guide, Oglran, came up to her.

“May I speak to you privately.” The pregnant orc requested.

“You may.” She turned to her Ryan and Tavish who had stayed near her this entire time. “You two go out together.” But pointed at both of them. “And you!” She pointed at Tavish directly.  “don’t fuck anymore people! And you make sure he doesn’t fuck anymore people!”

Tavish had his head in his hands. While Ryan just patted him on the back.

“Come on, Private. Let’s see if we can’t get you into more trouble.” He encouraged as grabbed Tavish by his arm to start dragging him away.

“Hey! Don’t even start!-“

She heard him as he was being dragged farther away.

          

“Commander.” Oglran called to her again.

“I’m coming.” She said offhandedly to Oglran without looking at her.

They moved off to a corner table that was set in this large room.

“So… why did you lie? Isn’t that risky to do with elves? Since you have the ability to basically tell when someone is lying?”

Brenna was shocked to hear this from the pregnant orc.

“So you know about that?” She questioned back, startled that the dark races had such information.

“Somewhat,” She answered half-heartedly. “All I know is: that you are some how able to read emotions. That is why elves are such good trackers, spymasters, interrogators; along with being excellent fighters and assassins. Since you’re able to read emotions of others. It allows you the ability to learn when someone is lying. Unlike when emotions are projected though aura. It also allows you to find hidden prey or people running for their lives from you. On top of the fact that, it makes it easy for you to read what your opponent does in the middle of battle… Did I miss anything?”

        

“……………” Brenna hated to admit it. But this orc was good. Very good. “……. Nothing that I care to share……..”

“Ha! Good answer!” Oglran. “But you still haven’t answered my question.”

        

“…….. Are they necessarily lies? I told them things based on assumptions of mine; and what I’ve gathered from talking with Crystaria.”  

         

…..Did I just call the Demon Lord by name?……..

       

Oglran pondered the elf commander had just said to her.

“But why lie about your Lieutenant at all?”

“……… Because I need you to deliver a massage to the Demon Lord……….” She leaned forward across the table, to look deep into Oglran’s eyes. Which made the orc flinch slightly.

“Tell her: she has one shot to prove everything she has said to me. And I have given her a chance to prove what she suggested about, my Bryan… if she is wrong… tell her I mean to collect. She will know what that means.”

      

Oglran could only gulp at the fierceness of the commanding presses from across the table.

        

“Got it.”

        

“Good.” Brenna sat back down in her chair. “Now? Can you take me to either your magic academy or your paper producing area?”

“Huh?!” Oglran exclaimed in surprise at her request.

            

        

24