Chapter 102 – Chaotic Auction
188 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ok sir, 510 million going once..."

"Wait... hold it."

"Are you wanting to bid Sir?"

A loud voice comes from the upper level, it's the blonde-haired person. His expression has a sly smile on it as he stands over the barrier, all eyes are on him as they await his next words.

"No."

"Well—

"I believe the last person to bid does not have that amount of money, how can they be allowed to bid that much?"

"Sir..."

"I demand his funds be checked, if he does not have enough then I demand his bid be revoked and him kicked out of the auction."

"Sir, I—

"You aren't required to think, I demand you bring this to your supervisor. This is a large amount of money and you might not be qualified to handle it."

The blonde man smirks as Megan looks up. She frowns and looks at Jack with an unsure expression. The crowd gets rowdy at this unusual interuption; the silence continues for a few moments with many jeers coming in Jack's direction from the people behind him.

"Well..." Megan on the stage mutters as she looks around, the crowd seems to have nearly turned.

"Wel—

*SZHHHHHHHH*

A whistle comes over the whole arena, Megan on the stage lets out a quiet sigh of relief as she places a finger to her ear.

"The regional direction has said it's fine, Sir Feathertorn, please do not raise a further ruckus or we'll have to kick you out."

The blonde-haired man clicks his tongue and sits down, Jack continues to sip his wine as Megan continues to speak.

"510 million going twice..."

"Sold. Congratulations sir, please be careful with it" Megan quickly stores the scroll within the chest and pushes it off the stage. She opens the chest next to it, a similar energy comes into her hands before a scroll appears.

"This one is different but... similar, this one comes from much later in the man's solitude, this one appears around year... 9900 maybe. I honestly don't know the story that well because I'm scared of this scroll. This thing is scary even to me so please don't make me hold it long."

Megan has tears developing in the corners of her eyes, many people look at the school including Jack that can feel an involuntary pulse of energy within him again.

"Megan!"

"We'll save you Megan!"

"I bid all I have!"

...

Many people rush the stage but are pushed back by security that appears from no where, one person even bounces against an invisible barrier that shimmers in space. Jack and Amber both smiles at looking at this and take a drink, they're in sync even though there is much distance between them.

"I declare that this young master shall have that item!" the blonde-haired man surnamed Feathertorn speaks up.

"What's so important about it?"

"Why are you asking about that, it's sect related business and you are not qualified."

The blonde-haired man has an evil energy emanating from him, the people surrounding him cower away while even Amber can feel the coldness.

In the corner the white-robed people stand up with weapons in hand but they're held back by one of them, "Why did you stop us? That's evil energy."

"We cannot act here. It's grounds above us. Those people are just pawns too."

"People? More than one?"

"Of course, now sit down. You're making a fool out of us."

The lead person speaks as her bosom bounces about, Amber looks away before they're able to notice her.

.....

"1.5 BILLION GOLD COINS"

A loud booming voice from the floor above comes down, even the people on the second floor stop shouting as the realise where the voice came from.

"The top floor? The city lords or maybe its someone else."

"I don't recognise the voice so I doubt its on the council, I think it's a visiting city lord as you can see most of the other ones are on this level..." the brown-haired girl mutters.

Amber looks around and frowns, Jack doesn't say anything as he waits for something to happen.

"Going once..."

"Going twice..."

"Sold."

The item is sold just like that, Jack watches it get packed up and two attendants leave with two separate chets. They depart from the stage as Megan wanders off to the side for a drink, everyone is silent as to how this round went, it was rather heated and now everyone is afraid to speak. No one is sure who it was but they know they're of status if they're on the third level.

Jack takes delivery of them item, the attendant quickly salutes and leaves. Jack feels confused as to why he didn't need to pay for it, everything that was produced so far was produced with things they're able to make easily. There's no way they're worth that much.

He holds the storage ring before him and transfers the contents to another ring, everyone is able to witness this causing him to feel somewhat exposed and wishing he was on the second floor.

Jan and Teun raise a glass in toast to Jack, he raises a glass in response with a wry smile.

"Ok next up something different, it's an item we don't have a reserve on but well... because it's here appearing after that item it can't be simple."

Megan holds up a piece of paper or what looks to be part of a piece of paper.

"This is something special, it appears to be a map but only part of a map. We've had it appraised and someone said it's related to an ancient fable, but we don't really know. So bid away."

"100 gold for your Megan!"

"1000 gold you idiot!"

"1010 gold!"

"1100 gold!"

...

People should many prices as it climbs higher and higher slowly, it raises to 100,000 and stays around there. A player in the crowd has the highest bid, his excited expression as he looks around shows how precarious his position is.

"150,00 gold"

Jack casually places a bid, everyone's eyes go on him but some are particularly heated as a voice comes out from the second floor.

"200,000 gold."

"250,000 gold" Jack frowns and places another bid inwardly hoping this doesn't continue.

"260,000 gold."

"300,000 gold."

"310,000 gold" the voice from the second floor comes down, Jack frowns at this development as it seems like it'll continue.

"900,000 gold" Jack says.

"900,001 gold" the person from the second floor says.

Many people on the floor speak out loud at this development, these moves are purely to despise Jack who is the only one to continue bidding.

"Are you going to continue this? Do you want the item or not?" Jack asks the person on the upper level.

"You don't deserve to have it."

"Alright then let's go. 1 million."

1 million and 1 copper coin."

Many people in the crowd sigh, they gather their drinks and food as if they're prepared for this scene. Megan is stuck on stage watching these two argue as the price climbs ever higher, going from 1 million all the way up to 100 million in small increments.

"101 million two hundred and sixty-four thousand, five hundred and twelve gold coins and 98 copper."

All eyes turn to Jack but he's sitting down in his chair relaxed, a drink is up to his mouth as many people suddenly notice this shift. Megan awakens from her daze, "Oh uhh, whatever that was going once..."

"What? Don't you want it anymore? Did I win?" the man on the second floor boasts.

Jack continues to drink is drink.

"Going twice."

"I won, you a player are admitting defeat? Haha..." his laughter is getting more frantics.

"Going three times...."

"Come on..." the man on the second floor says.

"Fine, 102 million. Don't bid anymore unless you want your act to lose all meaning."

Jack puts down his drink and looks at the second floor, he's unable to see up there as even his divine sense is unable to reach but he can sense where the voice is coming from.

"Fine. Enjoy paying 102 million for something worth at most 100,000" he laughs as Megan counts down.

"Going once.."

"Going twice..."

"Ok sold."

Megan hands the item off to an attendant and slumps down on the ground, "Oh whoops, Uhh sorry that just took so long. I'll take a short break so my helper will come on the stage, we'll auction off some of the items in this auction house. There will be a lot of things you players like, such as swords and magic skills so come forward and check it out."

Megan walks off the stage, several more people appear on the stage holding several hundred boxes. They each have a picture on them, they're mostly weapons but some of them are pieces of armor or rare pieces of metal. It looks like a random assortment but when you inspect closely, you can see it's all high quality stuff that seems a bit worn.

"Sir, your items" the attendant quickly passes over the item.

"Am I able to get a list of items at this part of the auction?"

"Umm, I'll see what I can do Sir" the attendant quickly leaves, Jack feels confused at this reaction.

"You're making a name for yourself, that guy up there doesn't like you."

"It's more than doesn't like you, do you know him?"

Jack shakes his head, "As far as I know he doesn't like my hair."

"Well you need a haircut."

"Can you cut hair in this?"

"Why not Teun?" Jan asks as the two break down into their own little discussion.

The attendant comes back after not too long along with someone else, the person under the veil.

The attendant bows respectfully and speaks softly, "Sir, we need to inspect the collateral if you wish to bid further."

"Sure, let me know if you're interested in any of them."

Jack hands over the storage ring, she snatches it away and inspects it.

"aah" a quiet gasp comes from her mouth. She whispers into the attendants ear and immediately turns around, Jack frowns as he couldn't even catch that.

"Sorry sir, umm. I can't give you an exact figure but perhaps there won't be one? I am not authorised to say, here is the list of items you requested." the attendant is holding out a bunch of stones, they seem similar to the skill stones that has been acquired previously.

"Great, can you deliver one or two upstairs?"

"Everyone up there gets them sir."

"Ok, thanks."

Jan and Teun both take a device while Jack uses his spiritual sense to activate it from a distance, not many people notice this as he browses the info with his eyes shut.

"Look at him just relax, he certainly does seem brave."

"Maybe he's drunk and doesn't know what he's doing?"

"We'll have to wait and see it could lead to anything..."

...

Many people break into discussion around Jack but he browses the list and selects a couple items for himself and the village, his bids head off to the people handle the auction while everyone on the floor gets ready to bid actively. Everyone is standing at the ready, "Ok. We are auctioning off lots 1 to 100 right now so I have bids for number 1?"

"This is for lot 2 any bids, lot 2 needs bids. 100 gold?

"Lot 5, lot 5 here, bids? anyone? no one? yes? This is five not jive, what is that? a dance?"

...

The floor is in a panic yet there's an organised feeling to it, Jack's items seem to have sealed the bids while anything from the upper floor doesn't even appear as people's bids are quickly outbid but never explained.

0