Chapter 4
1.2k 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

In the morning Xiao Yu was discharged and Fen Bai had received the results for the testing he requested. The results showed high levels of Benzodiazepine most commonly found in drugs like Xanax and Valium. When being handed the paperwork the doctor mentioned that with the high amounts of Benzodiazepine that was found, he suspects that at least thirty tablets were given at the one time.

Returning home Xiao Yu went to walk to his room; he was still a little embarrassed from having to walk around the hospital in Fen Bais pajama shirt. Fen Bai called out from halfway up the stairs for Xiao Yu to follow him. In Fen Bai's room, like always Xiao Yu was told to sit on the bed,.Fen Bai walked into his wardrobe. Once he came back into the room he had a plain white t-shirt and some sport shorts that had a drawstring. Fen Bai instead of giving the clothes to Xiao Yu threw them onto the bed and walked into the bathroom, running the shower.

"Shower then get dressed, don't bother with your hair since we'll be going to a hairdresser first. We'll be leaving after I've dressed."

Xiao Yu walked into Fen Bai's personal bathroom, closing the door. Unlike the bathroom downstairs, Fen Bai's bathroom had a seperate bath and shower. Xiao Yu washed his body and face as fast as he could, fortunately he didn't smell bad after not being able to shower for four days since all he did every day was sit, eat then sleep. Xiao Yu grabbed a big towel after turning off the shower and dried his body roughly before walking out of the bathroom. When he entered he could hear fen Bai talking but he wasn't in the room.

Xiao Yu put on the white shirt that was too big but only covered half his junk. Next he put the shorts on but they slipped down his legs when he let go. Fen Bai walked in and saw Xiao Yu with his shorts around his ankles.

Xiao Yu: . . .

Fen Bai: . . .

Xiao Yu dragged the short back up his legs and tied the drawstring as tight as he could. Letting go the short fell back to his ankles.

Xiao Yu: . . .

Fen Bai: . . .

Fen Bai crouched down in front of Xiao Yu picking up the shorts and pulled the sting out of the waistband.

"Hold the shorts while I tie this."

Xiao Yu held the shorts around his waist whilst Fen Bai tied the cord tightly around his waist, when Fen Bai finished he left to the bathroom and showered quickly as well. Xiao Yu didn't really know if he should stay in the room and ended up walking down stairs to sit on the sofa.

Xiao Yu: I hate this sofa!

Fen Bai came downstairs wearing casual clothes surprising Xiao Yu since he had only seen him wear suits, with Fen Bai wearing black jeans and a black shirt he looked younger and less intimidating. Fen Bai motioned for Xiao Yu to follow. Fen Bai put on shoes first then looked at Xiao Yu's bare toes, His shoes would definitely be too big and there were no one else's shoes in the house. Xiao Yu was about to suggest he wear Fen Bai's slippers, he wouldn't mind waddling around until they got him his own shoes but Fen Bai leaned forward and picked him up his hands cupping his ass. Xiao Yu's cheek flushed red and he wriggled around feeling embaressed and stupid. Fen Bai walked out the door like nothing was out of the ordinary.

It didn't take long for Fen Bai to stop at a mall parking lot. Fen Bai got out of the car and picked up Xiao Yu again, this time though not cupping his cheeks, instead he was holding him similar to how a parent would hold a child on their hip. Xiao Yu was so embarrassed by a grown man holding another grown man but couldn't say anything since he wouldn't be able to walk around barefoot. Xiao Yu tried his best to ignore people's confused stares as he looked around the mall amazed at the size.

"There are so many stores."

"You've never seen a mall?"

Xiao Yu shook his head continuing to look around in awe of everything. Fen Bai instead of going up the escalator chose to take the elevator to the third floor so Lin Yu could get a haircut. Walking into the salon Fen Bai placed Xiao Yu down and stretched his back, he groaned then turned to the female hairdresser. Xiao Yu quickly butted in

"I don't want my hair short, I like this length."

Fen Bai lookat Xiao Yu before turning back to the hairdresser.

"Tidy his hair up, dye it a dark warm brown then perm waves into the length."

Fen Bai walked over to a sitting area sitting down to make a call. Xiao Yu sat quietly not really listening to the lady doing his hair. He was feeling a little scared being out in public so shortly after leaving The Night Bird and wondered if the men that had caught him before would be searching for him. For most of the session Xiao Yu was focused on his own thoughts only when it was time for his perm to set, did he take note of what was happening. Xiao Yu wanted to look for Fen Bai to see if he was close by but the hairdresser started massaging his shoulders. Xiao Yu stiffened but didn't say anything. Her hands applied more pressure and moved to the shoulder blades.

"Your back is so tight you should let me give you a massage."

The Hairdressers voice sounded sickly sweet making Xiao Yu more uncomfortable. Fen Bai's voice was heard behind them and both Xiao Yu and the Hairdresser jumped.

"Don't touch him, you're a hairdresser not a masseuse."

The girl nodded looking like a child who was caught doing something she shouldn't have. Xiao Yu sat back in the chair, Fen Bai returned to where he was sitting. after an hour Xiao Yu was finally finished. Xiao Yu asked Fen Bai if they could eat first but Fen Bai was set on Xiao Yu getting shoes first.

In the shoe store Fen Bai let Xiao Yu walk around since the whole store was covered in carpet. A female store clerk greeted them asking what they were looking for, Fen Bai didn't answer since he didn't know what shoes Xiao Yu liked to wear but Xiao Yu also didn't say anything only looking at Fen Bai with his lost puppy eyes. Fen Bai looked at the store clerk.

"Socks, street shoes, winter and summer slippers."

The Clerk brightened up when looking at Fen Bai and led them first to the socks. Fen Bai motioned for Xiao Yu to pick what he liked. Xiao Yu was a little overwhelmed from the big selection and chose plain white ankle socks in his size, Fen Bai reached forward shoving a pack of black socks and multiple pairs of cute fuzzy animal socks into Xiao Yu's arms then walked away to get a basket. The clerk walked around the store stopping at the men's street style shoes. Xiao Yu noticed that all of the shoes were expensive brands. Fen Bai stood next to Xiao Yu placing the socks into the basket.

"Pick two, we'll get a pair of trainers too."

Xiao Yu walked down the aisle looking at the large amount of shoes on single stands. The first pair he picked were the black Fenty x Puma creepers, second were Air Jordan IX in Midnight Navy. He looked at Fen Bai hoping to hear his opinion on them but he stood quiet. They walked over to the trainer section. Xiao Yu didn't think he needed all these kinds of shoes since he most likely wouldn't be leaving the house but didn't want to bring it up in front of a stranger. Again Xiao Yu slowly walked up the aisle then started laughing whilst pointing at a shoe covered in colourful patterns and a bulky sole. Xiao Yu looked at Fen Bai still laughing.

"haha, These shoes are so ugly."

Un. Fen Bai thought so as well and had actually hoped Xiao Yu wouldn't want them. Xiao Yu stopped laughing though when he saw the store clerk standing off to the side annoyed, then he noticed that she was wearing a similar style but in white and pink. Xiao Yu looked at the ground, his entire face burning hot. Fen Bai tapped his shoulder to hurry him up. Xiao Yu quickly looked at some shoes pointing at a blue pair of Nike Air trainers. The store clerk didn't try to make idle chatter with Xiao Yu anymore and brought him over to their slipper selection, telling him she will be back with the shoes in his size to try on.

Xiao Yu still felt bad about what he had said about the shoes but Fen Bai didn't seem to care. Together they slowly browsed the aisle. Xiao Yu stopped, staring at Fen Bai's back. Fen Bai stopped and turned around.

"If you have something to say, say it."

"You don't need to buy me all these things just one pair of shoes and slippers will be fine. Same with clothes I won't be leaving the house so I only need a couple changes of pajamas."

"Is it a money issue?"

Fen Bai continued walking up the aisle not really paying close attention to the slippers. Xiao Yu followed close behind, not wanting to talk too loud.

"Just the shoes alone are a lot of money and I was the one who asked to stay with you so you don't need to treat me so kindly. Also you saved my life last night which already deepens my debt to you so I don't really need all this."

Xiao Yu had talked really fast and was a little out of breath. Fen Bai stopped again turning his head while talking to Xiao Yu.

"I understand you don't realize how much money I Have, but the stuff I'm buying you today I make in less than ten minutes of work. If I don't spend my money what is the point in making it? Besides when this thing is finished between us do you think I would just throw you out the way you arrived naked with nothing? No."

Xiao Yu stopped talking after hearing out Fen Bai and continued browsing the slippers. Xiao Yu chose plain black leather slippers and blue suede moccasins with wool insoles. The two men made their way to a sitting area in the store so Xiao Yu could wait for the clerk to return with his shoes and help him try them on. The store clerk returned handing Xiao Yu three boxes and standing off to the side waiting. Xiao Yu looked at the clerk then at Fen Bai.

"I don't know how to tie shoe laces."

Fen Bai: . . .

Store Clerk: . . .

Fen Bai turned to look at the store clerk and waved her over. The clerk awkwardly knelt down in front of Xiao Yu taking out a pair of shoes undoing the laces. Fen Bai opened a pack of the black sock and gave a pair to the clerk. Looking up, the clerk took the socks and about to put them on Xiao Yu, she quickly averted her eyes from Xiao Yu with her face flushing madly. after the socks were on she abruptly stood excusing herself. Fen Bai frowned and was about to look for another worker when a male worker greeted them coming from where the female clerk had left.

The male clerk knelt down in front of Xiao Yu just like the female had and proceeded to put on the first pair of shoes, not looking up until both shoes were on and tied. The male clerk went to look up at Xiao Yu wanting to know about the fit but like the other worker his face flushed red, his gaze glued to Xiao Yu's crotch. Xiao Yu shyly closed his knees together and the clerk coughed nervously apologizing. Lin Yu felt the shoes were fine after walking up and down the aisle and sat down to try on the others. The clerk instead of kneeling in front of Xiao Yu he walked over to Fen Bai whispering in his ear.

"I'm sorry sir but i'll have to ask you to take care of your friends shoe situation."

The man left with quick steps after his words. Fen Bai walked over to Xiao Yu nudging against the shoes and pointing to the box. Xiao Yu pulled off the creepers putting them back into the box and awkwardly slid his foot into the Air Jordans. Fen Bai bent down and adjusted the shoes before tying them, before he stood up he was curious as to why the clerks had all left after looking at Xiao Yu and gazed up as well, stopping at his crotch. A low chuckle escaped Fen Bai's lips followed by a smirk. Xiao Yu could only sit confused.

The two finished with everything at the shoe store with Fen Bai holding all the shoe bags whilst Xiao Yu wore his creepers and held the bag with the socks. After quickly dropping off everything in the car they made their way to a seafood restaurant. Sitting in a private room, Fen Bai handed the menu to Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu looked over the menu but handed it back to Fen Bai unsure about what he should order. when the waiter had left Fen Bai spoke.

"What sort of upbringing does someone need in order for them to not know how to tie their own shoes?"

"I wasn't allowed to leave my room growing up so I only wore slippers until I was fifteen."

Fen Bai nodded, he had been curious about Xiao Yu's history since no one could find any information about him in the last week.

"How old are you?"

"19, How old are you Mr Fen?"

Xiao Yu had been trying to figure Fen Bais age ever since he was able to live with him but couldn't think of an appropriate number.

"28"

Xiao Yu's eyes opened wide in shock.

"You are so successful at a young age."

Fen Bai scoffed quietly, could 28 be considered young? Fen Bai asked Xiao Yu another question trying to dig further.

"Who is the man that bought you?"

Xiao Yu's whole body froze looking down as he didn't speak. Fen Bai waited patiently. Minutes passed and Fen Bai was beginning to think Xiao Yu would stay silent forever, when he spoke softly.

"I can't tell you, but he's a bad man. He has a lot of people willing to do anything for him and they will most likely be looking for me now."

"Why can't you tell me, do you think that i'm not powerful? Do you know what I do for a living?"

Xiao Yu shrunk back a little, not willing to further their discussion. Fen Bai sighed. Xiao Yu stared at the cutlery on the table silent when a question popped into his head. As if a light bulb lit up above him, his face brightened as he sat up straight.

"What do you do for a living Mr Fen? Aunty Chi told me you give people loans."

Fen Bai didn't think Xiao Yu would have asked Aunty Chi about him when he wasn't around and was hesitant to tell Xiao Yu his actual job since they were still strangers to each other. Shaking his head he told Xiao Yu there's no need for him to know right now.

The food came in shortly after and Fen Bai began deshelling everything while Xiao Yu sat watching intently. Fen Bai laughed inside, he really is like a small animal.

Xiao Yu messily ate the seafood with juice running down his chin and arms constantly throughout the meal. Fen Bai was the complete opposite and looked as if juicy marinated seafood was the cleanest meal to eat. Xiao Yu ended up having to be bibbed by Fen Bai not even half way through the meal as to not spill food on his white shirt.

There was no talking throughout the meal, Xiao Yu kept eating until he was stuffed and happily wiped his mouth so he could lay on the floor. Fen Bai kept eating ignoring Xiao Yu's bad manners. When they had both eaten their fill Fen Bai walked out with Xiao Yu following behind loyaly as they made their way to the clothing area of the mall. Fen Bai didn't walk into any stores and instead stopped to ask Xiao Yu what style of clothes he prefers to wear. Xiao Yu thought for a while but ended just shrugging his shoulders saying.

"I've never had to pick before, anything that's comfortable I guess."

Fen Bai was at a loss, Who were your parents? Without looking around Fen Bai entered a store randomly. Like all stores a worker greeted them asking if they wanted help but Fen Bai quickly said no and walked away. Walking up and down aisles Fen Bai grabbed random clothes throwing them into Xiao Yu's hands then pushed him into a dressing room, Xiao Yu was about to close the curtain when he hastily clutched onto Fen Bai's arm tugging gently.

"What, you don't know how to dress yourself?"

Xiao Yu ignored his comment and whispered, afraid other people would hear

"I'm not wearing underwear."

What Xiao Yu had said was in fact true and wasn't meant in a lewd teasing way but Fen Bai crotch ached anyway. Without saying anything Fen Bai pushed Xiao Yu's hand off his arm and told a worker to show him where the underwear was. Xiao Yu stood in the closed dressing room waiting with a large pile of clothes on a small bench. Fen Bai opened the curtain and entered the small area closing the curtain behind him. Ripping open the pack of underwear he gave one to Xiao Yu.

Xiao Yu: . . .

"Mr Fen, these are for girls."

Xiao Yu tried to hand it back but Fen Bai pushed Xiao Yu's hand.

"Does it matter, No one but me and you will be seeing them."

Burning heat spread over Xiao Yu's face as he started undressing and put the light yellow cotton panties on. The size of the waistband was fine but they were still made for girls with nothing sticking out of their groin. Xiao Yu tugged at the panties a little uncomfortable. Fen Bai stood back a little before reaching into the panties grasping Xiao Yu's sack, moving it up slightly then moved his penis to sit standing up.

"Better?"

Xiao Yu nodded. His whole body had a light flush over it now, In all honesty the panties weren't that uncomfortable but he wasn't used to having to adjust his junk to sit in underwear like this. Xiao Yu started to quickly try on all the different clothes Fen Bai had picked, handing the good ones to Fen Bai and the bad ones were hung on a hook attached to the wall.

With the small glimpse Fen Bai was given of Xiao Yu's upbringing, he was amused by the shy excited expression Xiao Yu had when he finished paying for everything. Finished with their shopping day out they made their way back to Fen Bai's house. Xiao Yu hadn't walked around outside in so long that he had completely tired himself out falling asleep in the car not long after sitting down. When they arrived at home Fen Bai poked Xiao Yu flat cheeks until he woke up, groggy from being woken up Xiao Yu almost forgot that there were multiple bags that he had to carry into the house.

Xiao Yu was instructed to put away all his clothes neatly and place his shoes in the cupboard by the front door. Fen Bai walked into the kitchen tying a leather apron around his waist. Xiao Yu walked out of his room still wearing Fen Bais clothes, seeing this and toddled over to sit at the breakfast bar watching Fen Bai cook.

Fen Bai first started prepping vegetables and wood ear mushrooms for a mushroom salad and smashed cucumber salad. Next he boiled water to cook noodles for a cold noodle dish. The weather in A City was still burning hot and would still be warm during the night, with this type of weather cold food would be best to cool down the body. Xiao Yu followed all of Fen Bais movements closely mesmerized, when Fen Bai finished the salads he placed them in the fridge to keep them cool, the noodles when cooked were placed in a bowl with water and ice cubes to stop the cooking and cool them down. Xiao Yu was still sitting like a dog waiting to be fed.

"Put chopsticks, glasses and water on the table."

Xiao Yu came to attention hopping off the stool rushing into the kitchen but came to a stand still in the middle of the room. Fen Bai was busy moving about almost knocking into Xiao Yu.

"Where are the chopsticks?"

Fen Bai pointed to a draw then continued preparing dinner, Xiao Yu quickly went to the draw taking two pairs of chopsticks running to the table, then back into the kitchen standing in the middle of the room not moving again.

"Where are the glasses?"

Fen Bai pointed to a cupboard to his left. Xiao Yu rushed over opening the cupboard having to stand on his toes to get the right glasses for water. Cautiously Xiao Yu ran back to the table gently placing the glasses down, then for the third time running back into the kitchen. Fen Bai was plating the cold noodle into two seperate bowls when Lin Yu rushed into the room almost knocking into him. Fen Bai looked at him but didn't say anything.

"What do I put the water in?"

Fen Bai put everything in his hands down, walking to a small cupboard to pick up a metal water flask, Xiao Yu walked over to Fen Bai thinking he would give it to him but Fen Bai walked to the fridge pointing to a screen.

"Hot water, Warm water and Cold. You pick."

Xiao Yu stood next to Fen Bai who was holding the flask under the nozzle waiting. Xiao Yu picked cold thinking it would be odd to drink warm water with cold dishes. Fen Bai screwed the cap on handing the flask over; Xiao Yu walked to the table sitting down in his usual chair and poured water for Fen Bai then Himself and waited for Fen Bai to bring the food. Fen Bai walked with the salads first retrieving their noodles second.

"Wa~, You're so good at cooking."

"You haven't tasted it yet, how do you know it's good?"

Xiao Yu stuffed a big lump of noodles, his mouth nodding happily half way through chewing, he tried the mushroom salad swallowed then ate some cucumber salad. Xiao Yu stated proudly after tasting all the dishes.

"You're good at cooking."

"Un. I know."

Fen Bai looked at the space in front of Xiao Yu's bowl that was covered in sauce and broken bits of noodles.

"Eat slowly, the food isn't going to run away."

Their meal continued mostly in silence but every now and then Xiao Yu would comment on how good the food was, only when Xiao Yu had finished off his noodles did he try to have a conversation with Fen Bai.

"Aunty Chi would always water down the food, I forgot what flavour was."

Un. Fen Bai was halfway through his meal eating slowly not spilling even one crumb. Xiao Yu wiped around his mouth with a tissue Fen Bai handed him.

"What happened to Aunty Chi? Did she get arrested?"

Fen Bai's eating paused, he placed his chopsticks down and took a sip of his water.

"No, I more or less fired her."

Xiao Yu nodded not really understanding Fen Bai's words.

"I think it will be hard for her to find a job if people found out she was drugging people in the house she looked after."

Xiao Yu thought about Aunty Chi's actions towards him that almost cost him his life, only now realizing he could have died if Fen Bai hadn't come home when he did. Xiao Yu thought of what death would be like, if the man who was after him found him would he rather die or would he beg Fen Bai to help him again? Should he tell Fen Bai more about himself and his past? But they were still strangers so wouldn't it be weird to share such intimate information.

Fen Bai noticed Xiao Yu go from calm to anxious to confused all within a few seconds but didn't inquire about what he was thinking. Fen Bai finished eating and Xiao Yu snapped out of his sad thoughts ready to help with dishes since Fen Bai cooked. In the kitchen Fen Bai rinsed the dishes as Xiao Yu stacked them into the washing machine. When the cleaning was done Fen Bai retreated upstairs. Xiao Yu lazed around for a few minutes before growing tired. Running the shower Xiao Yu lightly washed his body, afterwards wrapping his body in a big soft towel. Looking through the clothes in the closet inside his room Xiao Yu remembered that they hadn't bought him pajamas. Xiao Yu sat on his bed deciding if he should just sleep naked but thought against it and waddled in his big towel upstairs to Fen Bai's room.

*Knock Knock Knock

Xiao Yu knocked lightly but didn't receive an answer, Knocking again a little harder there was still no reply. Looking down the corridor Xiao Yu walked to the other doors knocking, Xiao Yu knocked at the last door when Fen Bai opened his bedroom door.

"Why are you knocking on the linen cupboard door?"

Xiao Yu opened the door and saw folded blankets and sheets neatly stacked on wooden shelves. Xiao Yu closed the door waddling back to Fen Bai telling him about his pajama situation.

"Just sleep naked."

Xiao Yu refused since he liked to kick his blankets off, so he might get cold.

"Where's the bathrobe I wore when I first came? I can wear that."

"I threw it away."

"Can I wear one of your shirts?"

Fen Bai decided to tease Xiao Yu.

"I buy a closet full of clothes and five pairs of shoes for you but you want my clothes instead?"

Xiao Yu stood outside Fen Bai's room still wrapped tightly in his towel glaring a little red faced at Fen Bai. Fen Bai laughed under his breath then thought of something else.

"Do you know why the store clerks at the shoe store left after helping with only one pair of shoes?"

Fen Bai walked into his wardrobe whilst speaking, taking a pajama shirt from a hanger. When Fen Bai returned Xiao Yu shook his head.

"My shorts were really too big and since you weren't wearing underwear. Well I think you can understand what happened."

Throwing the pajama shirt at Xiao Yu's embarrassed face, he closed the door laughing loudly. Xiao Yu ran back to his room clutching his towel and Fen Bai's shirt tightly too Embarrassed to think about sleeping.

7