Chapter 6
929 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Fen Bai and Xiao Yu returned home, the living room window had been replaced as if nothing had happened. Xiao Yu toddled to the living room to inspect his presents, Fen Bai sat behind him going through files on his phone.

"Wa~ Look at these!"

"Wa~ so cool."

In the bags were various crafting activities for Xiao Yu to do; each bag was filled with multiple boxes of a certain activity, for example in the first bag were 3D puzzles made from thin wood, in a small bag were puzzle boxes with surprises inside. The last bag was the biggest, holding a mix of clay and woodwork crafting kits.

Xiao Yu packed everything into their bags again leaving out a 3D puzzle he wanted to complete.

"Do You Like puzzles Mr Fen?"

Xiao Yu ripped open the plastic covering the box then tipped out the pieces onto the coffee table. Fen Bai picked up the box, the end result would be a merry go round. Xiao Yu had started trying to assemble the puzzle together; his technique consisted of trying every piece even those that obviously wouldn't fit. Within ten minutes Xiao Yu had fitted three pieces together. Fen Bai watched him struggle for a little longer, after some time he sat down next to Xiao Yu sorting the pieces into animals and structure pieces.

"Ai, you mixed the pieces together now I won't know what ones I tried."

"When doing any type of puzzle, it's best to separate them into groups, 3D puzzles are harder than flat ones. With this one it's best to make the structure of the Merry go round first then put the animals in."

Fen Bai quickly assembled the base of the Merry-go-round without Xiao Yu.

"Wait, wait you'll finish it all."

"Assemble the animals."

Fen Bai was almost finished, Xiao Yu didn't change his technique of trying every piece to fit one and slowly two horses were made. Fen Bai worked on the top setting it to the side once finished. Xiao Yu completed his last horse not long after Fen Bai had finished. Xiao Yu tried to slot the horses into the base, but used too much force, almost breaking the puzzle. Fen Bai had to finish off the puzzle instead. Xiao Yu sat back admiring his and Fen Bai's hard work.

"It looks so cool."

Xiao Yu crawled around the coffee table to admire the other side even though it was exactly the same. Fen Bai reached over to the sofa to pick up the box.

"Pack it up now that it's done."

"What? But we only just finished it, why would we pack it away?"

"You can't leave it on the table, pack it up."

Fen Bai tossed the box to Xiao Yu but he didn't try catching it, getting hit in the head instead.

Fen Bai: . . .

"Can I put it in my room instead? It'll be out of the way in there."

Fen Bai sighed relenting. Xiao Yu quickly stood up picking up the finished puzzle as if it were fragile crystalware. Xiao Yu pushed the door handle down with his foot, walking slowly into his room scanning over everything to decide the best place to put it.

"Xiao Yu, come here when you're done."

Fen Bai got up from the floor to sit on the sofa again. Xiao Yu came in to sit next to him.

"The Manager, from The Night Bird, Xiu Chenle, has invited us to a gathering. We will leave tomorrow. We'll be flying to a tropical island where he has a beach house so pack appropriately."

Fen Bai got up heading for the stairs.

"I'll leave a bag on the sofa for you. Dinner will be early, the flight is at 5:30 am."

Fen Bai left. When Xiao Yu first heard about The Manager he thought Fen Bai was giving him back but was relieved hearing they were leaving the country for a bit. Xiao Yu was about to pack, but thought of something important, rushing up to Fen Bai's room.

"Mr Fen, I won't be able to leave with you tomorrow."

The door was open but Xiao Yu waited outside the room talking from the hallway. Fen Bai had two bags in hand, giving one to Xiao Yu whose face looked stressed.

"Why?"

"I don't have a passport."

Xiao Yu was disappointed in himself, he wanted to go overseas with Fen Bai but now would need to stay behind by himself. What if someone else comes to the house to break or what if he is found by that man? Obvious worry was written on Xiao Yu's face, his hands nervously gripped the bag twisting it until it wrinkled.

"I already made you a passport, I don't know your full name yet so I put the name under Xiao Yu."

Fen Bai reached into his suit pocket pulling out the passport, Fen Bai waved it in front of Xiao Yu's face as if teasing him.

"If you want it you have to tell me one thing."

Xiao Yu's heart stopped.

"Tell me one thing about the man who wanted to buy you."

Various thoughts raced through Xiao Yu's mind making him feel a little dizzy. Fen Bai could see Xiao Yu was struggling with what to say.

"How did the two of you meet?"

Xiao Yu spoke slowly, as if he was hesitant about what he was about to say.

"He knows my father, we met at a dinner my dad had at home. I was supposed to stay in my room but I was really hungry and the maid who usually brought my meals hadn't come to my room yet."

Fen Bai listened seriously trying to find any hidden information in Xiao Yu's words. He tried to pry further.

"How old were the two of you when you met?"

Xiao Yu stiffened a bit but forced himself to relax.

"I was 10. H-He was 51 o-or 52? I don't remember."

"What happened at the dinner?"

Xiao Yu's body was sweating but his complexion was pale.

"Nothing really, my dad was about to scold me for leaving my room but the man stopped him saying I was growing still and how it's important for kids to eat a lot to ensure they grow well. My dad let me be after that and disciplined me properly when the guests had left."

Fen Bai didn't push anymore seeing how poor Xiao Yu looked, handing over the passport. Xiao Yu opened the passport; the picture of him was taken when he had his hair cut and permed, Fen Bai had never told him why he took the picture. Fen Bai stretched his hand forward patting Xiao Yu's wavy hair before telling him to go pack.

. . . . . .

Early the next morning, Fen Bai woke up Xiao Yu, their bags already in the car, the city was quiet as they made their way to a small runway where Fen Bai's private plane was waiting. Fen Bai carried both bags with a sleepy Xiao Yu following closely. Usually Xiao Yu would be excited to be in an airplane and travelling for the first time but he really was too tired, falling asleep curled in his seat before take off had happened. Four hours later Fen Bai woke up Xiao Yu again as they had arrived.

Unlike in A City, the weather in the tropics was very humid. Xiao Yu and Fen Bai sat in a shaded area of the airport drinking icy fruit drinks; when a car horn sounded loudly to the right of Fen Bai.

"Haha, Fen Bai, you've arrived!"

Xiu Chenle had come to personally pick them up from the airport but stood shocked when he saw Xiao Yu peak from behind Fen Bai.

"Wa~, You still have him? I thought he would've definitely run away. I basically had to keep him on a ball and chain at the club."

"He's never tried to run away from me."

Fen Bai glanced back at Xiao Yu.

"Mr Fen is good to me."

Xiu Chenle looked at Fen Bai then back at Xiao Yu.

"Xiao Yu, you don't need to lie to me, I know Fen Bai is an asshole."

Fen Bai smacked the back of Xiu Chenle's head grabbing the keys from his hand.

"Put the bags in the back. I'll drive."

Xiu Chenle could only nod humbly, playing the role of a bellboy. Xiao Yu sat in the back seat staring at everything they drove past, barely blinking. Fen Bai pulled in at a random store, coming back with a small bag of cold drinks and handing Xiao Yu a disposable camera setting off towards the beach house.

After setting their bags down in their room Xiu Chenle told the guests they would be going on his yacht for lunch and snorkelling. Xiao Yu was a little worried about being around so many people he didn't know, but there was only two other guests aside from Fen Bai and himself. Xiao Yu had changed into his swimming shorts and a loose button up shirt. He sat outside looking at the view of the beach, while he waited for Fen Bai. Fen Bai came out wearing only black swimming shorts. Xiao Yu hadn't noticed Fen Bai walk up behind him as he looked through the camera to take a picture, nearly jumping out of his skin when Fen Bai started unbuttoning his shirt from behind.

"Wh-what are you doing, Mr Fen?"

"You need to put sunscreen on before we set off, You're skin is so pale, you'll most likely become sunburnt."

Fen Bai slid the shirt off Xiao Yu's torso tossing it aside, rubbing Xiao Yu's back then arms, from behind Fen Bai held Xiao Yu as if he was giving him a back hug, rubbing more sunscreen on Xiao Yu's torso spending extra time on his nipples.

"Stand on the deck chair."

Fen Bai then rubbed Xiao Yu's feet first, putting more sunscreen in his hand he moved up Xiao Yu's skinny legs, The cuts on his knees had all healed and flesh pink scars were left behind. Fen Bai moved his hand up to the bottom of Xiao Yu's short, then dragged down only to rub up again moving passed the fabric a little before changing to the other leg, doing the same. Xiao Yu was becoming a little flustered with Fen Bai's touches, quickly jumping down from the chair.

"Let me put sunscreen on Mr Fen too."

Xiao Yu grabbed the bottle and poured sunscreen onto his hands, rubbing Fen Bai's chest and stomach.

Xiao Yu: . . .

On Fen Bai's chest were faint red marks left by Xiao Yu a couple nights ago. Xiao Yu could feel his face heat up, he quickly moved around Fen Bais body roughly putting on the sunscreen. Just as Xiao Yu finished they were called over to head to the yacht. Fen Bai was getting on before Xiao Yu but stopped half way, looking seriously at Xiao Yu.

"Can you swim?"

"A little."

What Xiao Yu had meant was he could doggy paddle. Fen Bai stretched his hand helping Xiao Yu onto the boat. Lunch didn't last long as everyone wasn't hungry in such humid weather and got ready to snorkel. The water was completely still, reflecting the sun brightly. Xiu Chenle had brought two young masters from The Night Bird and would be snorkeling with them leaving Fen Bai and Xiao Yu alone to snorkel together.

"We should meet back at the boat in roughly an hour."

Xiu Chenle's group set off first, they swam away quickly, the Young Masters sticking close to Xiu Chenle. Fen Bai dived in the water cooly, Xiao Yu had wanted to bring his camera but it wasn't waterproof. He could only jump in after Fen Bai. Xiao Yu kicked his legs fast, a little scared in such deep water. Fen Bai swam over smoothly holding Xiao Yu's waist lightly.

"Calm down, don't kick so fast you'll tire yourself out."

Xiao Yu slowed his kicking down still staying a float, Fen Bai waited until Xiao Yu looked more comfortable in the water then moved Xiao Yu's goggles to sit better on his face and put the snorkel in his mouth.

"We won't go too far, if you get tired tell me."

Xiao Yu nodded while Fen Bai adjusted his own goggles and snorkels. The whole time Xiao Yu stuck close to Fen Bai and didn't go too deep but was still able to admire the beautiful coral on the rocks, small fish darted around the rocks and sea floor moving at their own pace. After some time Xiao Yu became more confident, trying hard to mimic Fen Bai's swimming instead of doggy paddling; soon enough he was able to dive down deeper without thinking he would drown.

The two had moved to a shallower area of water the boat still closeby, Fen Bai would dive down to the sea floor as Lin Yu watched from the surface, the second time fen Bai dived down Xiao Yu followed, swimming as deep as he could before rushing to the surface out of breath. Fen bai swam up slowly.

"Hold my hand I'll pull you down."

Xiao Yu caught his breath then held Fen Bai's hand taking a deep breath, It took only a few seconds for fen Bai to reach the seafloor, Xiao Yu looked around, close by he could see something near some coral and rocks, He wanted to swim forward but had to return to the surface to catch his breath. Once at the surface Xiu Chenle shouted from the boat waving them over, after they caught their breath Fen Bai turned to swim back thinking Xiao Yu would follow behind.

Xiao Yu however dived back under the water, kicking as hard as he could to swim down to what he had seen earlier wanting to take it back. He reached the bottom a little slower than Fen Bai had before and managed to grab the object before kicking off the sand to swim up. His shorts had gotten caught on the rocks beside him, he quickly tried to unhook them from the rock but fumbled too much. Xiao Yu panicked as he ran out of oxygen. Fen Bai looked back to check on Xiao Yu but he wasn't behind him, Fen Bai called out

"XIAO YU!"

"Fen Bai, he dived back under the water."

Xiu Chenle pointed to where they had come from. Fen Bai swam over quickly, looking underwater, he saw Xiao Yu struggling close to a section of rocks, small air bubbles coming from his snorkel. Fen Bai dived down swimming as fast as he could, grabbing Xiao Yu and rushing to the surface. Xiu Chenle had moved the yacht closer to them.

"Grab him!"

Fen Bai swam to the back of the boat pushing Xiao Yu up, he wasn't conscious or breathing.

"CPR w-we he needs CPR!"

Xiu Chenle panicked trying to lay Xiao Yu down but Fen Bai stood Xiao Yu back up so that Xiao Yu's back was against his chest.

"Turn his head to the left and push his shoulders against me."

Fen Bai balled his left fist placing it against Xiao Yu's sternum covering his fist with his right hand. Fen Bai performed the heimlich on Xiao Yu. The first try nothing happened. Xiao Yu's lips were a little blue now. The second try Fen Bai knocked against Xiao Yu's sternum with almost all his strength. Water gushed out of Xiao Yu's mouth followed by coughing and heaving. Xiu Chenle cheered out relieved, even the two Young Masters looked relieved seeing Lin Yu was breathing again.

Fen Bai wrapped an arm around Xiao Yu's chest lightly to keep him upright while Xiao Yu tried to breathe without coughing.

"Why did you dive back under without me?"

Xiao Yu couldn't even breathe without coughing let alone have a conversation with Fen Bai. Fen Bai moved over to a seat at the back of the boat with Xiao Yu. Xiao Yu sat on Fen Bai's lap leaning back on his chest, his breathing starting to regulate. When they arrived back at the beach house Fen Bai wanted Xiao Yu to go rest but he came back after only ten minutes.

"I told you to rest."

"I'm not tired."

Xiu Chenle could see Fen Bai's head about to explode and decided it would be best if everyone started their drinking a little early.

"Fen Bai what cocktail do you want, everyone say your orders."

Xiao Yu sat at the outside bar with the Young Masters as Fen Bai went into the kitchen.

"Here, only juice and water for you."

Xiao Yu took the juice and water setting them aside. Fen Bai went behind the bar too, making him and Xiu Chenle a cocktail each. Xiu Chenle handed over a Long Island to the two Young Masters. When he finished making the drinks Fen Bai motioned for Xiu Chenle to follow him inside. Xiao Yu sat quietly feeling like he had ruined the mood a bit because of his accident earlier.

"Here drink mine, I don't like this drink."

The Young Master next to him slid his drink over then walked around the bar to mix his own drink. Lin Yu didn't know if he should really drink after almost drowning but sipped at the drink anyway.

"You can call me BaiLin, He's KaiLin."

Both Young Masters were on the chubbier side, Xiao Yu already knew this was Xiu Chenle's type. The two Young Masters smiled at Xiao Yu.

"I'm Xiao Yu."

"Is it your first time overseas Xiao Yu? It's mine and Kai-Kai's first time."

Xiao Yu nodded while drinking more of the drink he had been gifted, there wasn't much alcohol flavour.

"Xiu Chenle said we won't need to work at The Night Bird anymore, he said he couldn't stand the thought of other men using my brother and I."

Xiao Yu looked up comparing the features of BaiLin and KaiLin.

"Are you twins?"

"Un. We were picked up when our parents racked up a debt with Xiu Chenle."

Xiao Yu was a little surprised at BaiLin's honesty, but understood that somethings are best said straight away to stop unnecessary hypothesizing.

"How long have you been with Mr Xiu?"

"You don't need to call him that. We've been a part of The Night Bird for almost two months but we usually only stay in Xiu Chlenle's room or office when he's working then stay at his house when he's not."

BaiLin was doing all the talking while making drinks for him and his brother. Xiao Yu finished off his own drink in a couple gulps.

"Want to do a shot? It's all of our first times out so we should celebrate. Kai Kai what spirit?"

"Tequila."

BaiLin poured the shots holding his own up to make a toast.

"Xiao Yu we should keep in touch after this trip and become good friends."

The three of them touched glasses and drank. The tequila burned Xiao Yu's throat and he scrunched his face a little.

"Xiao Yu I'll make you a fruity cocktail, if Mr Fen asks i'll tell him it's a mocktail."

BaiLin quickly made Xiao Yu a Tequila sunrise then returned to his seat, moving the empty glass of the long island to infront of him. Fen Bai and Xiu Chenle came out a couple minutes later.

"Oh my darlings, your faces are all flushed."

Xiu Chenle rubbed the twins baby faces, looking over the empty glasses on the bar.

"Naughty, you were making drinks again."

Xiu Chenle squeezed BaiLins cheeks, his lips forming a pout then Xiu Chenle stuck his tongue through the pouted lips; after he turned to KaiLin doing the same action. Xiu Chenle picked up the twins drinks and they walked back into the house heading towards their shared bedroom. Xiao Yu had finished his second drink quicker than his first and was feeling the alcohol more now but wasn't affected too badly. Fen Bai picked up Xiao Yu's empty glass smelling it.

"I told you not to drink."

Fen Bai returned to the same angry temper he had before. Xiao Yu sat quietly looking at the view again, the sun was now setting, the sky looked as if it was on fire.

"Are you ignoring me?"

Fen Bai turned Xiao Yu's head by his jaw. Xiao Yu shook his head. He hopped off his stool and pulled Fen Bai towards their own room, he had something important to show Fen Bai. In the room Xiao Yu pushed Fen Bai to sit on the bed, before crawling over the bed to grab something from under his pillow, handing over a spiral conch shell to Fen Bai.

"A fossil?"

"Un. It's the reason I dived back into the water. When I saw it I wanted to give it to you, I would have been fine swimming back up to the surface but my shorts got caught."

Fen Bai turned the small white fossil over in his hand. He got up, placing it in an inside pocket of his bag. Xiao Yu laid back on the bed and he could feel the alcohol more now. Fen Bai walked to Xiao Yu's side pinching his chin moving his thumb up to rub against Xiao Yu's lips, after a few rubs Xiao Yu bit down on Fen Bai's thumb, giggling as Fen Bai pulled his thumb away to flick Xiao Yu's forehead then went back to rub Xiao Yu's lips, he giggled more and bit down again harder. Fen Bai pulled his thumb away and Xiao Yu was still giggling like a child. Fen Bai stroked Xiao Yu's cheek gently next sliding his hand down along his jawline following down the neck before moving his hand to the nape of Xiao Yu's neck lifting him up slightly.

"What am I going to do with you?"

Fen Bai's voice was more like a breath of warm air, Xiao Yu's eyes were closed, his giggle fit started again as he wrapped his arms around Fen Bai.

"Anything you want."

10