Chapter 13
555 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Fen Bai answered the phone and Yi Yuans shouts were heard clearly by Lin Yu standing a few steps behind. Fen Bai quickly left for his study to get all the information. Lin Yu wanted to follow but the door was closed in his face.

"Tell me from the beginning."

"THAT FUCKER! He faked us. The man on the boat was one of his men, the real one never left A City, he has been here ever since Lin Yu and Lu IiFeng were captured. The factory he blew up was the one with all the military bombs we were supposed to send out tomorrow, the fucking factory almost blew up the whole fuckng town."

Yi Yuan was pissed off, as was Fen Bai; millions of dollars had just been blown up by a man that was supposed to be in the middle of the fucking ocean.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Lin Yu was standing outside the study waiting for Fen Bai and clearly heard his shout of anger. Lin Yu wanted to knock to ask what was wrong but thought it would be best to leave him alone for now and went downstairs. In the study Fen Bai had hung up on Yi Yuan, making urgent calls to his manufacturers around the city to double security and halt production on guns to focus on the bombs for tomorrow's shipment. Fen Bai left the study still fuming with anger.

Lin Yu was drinking honey sweetened milk in the kitchen with biscuits, crumbs were all over the bench along with drops of milk, when Fen Bai walked down the stairs. Fen Bai was not in the mood for Lin Yus messy eating because of what happened and couldn't help but snap at him.

"Don't eat late at night and tidy up when you make a mess. You need to stop acting like a child Xiao Yu."

Lin Yu snapped back

"I don't act like a child and you never had a problem with how I ate before."

Lin Yu finished his milk and rinsed the glass out to put it in the dishwasher, Fen Bai looked at the mess on the bench angrily.

"Tidy this up now, you say you don't act like a child but an adult wouldn't leave this sort of mess. Hurry up and act your age."

Lin Yu had become angrier now from the unfair treatment; feeling hurt from Fen Bai's words. He quietly wiped the bench, tossing the cloth into the sink before storming up the stairs to shower before bed. Fen Bai stood in the kitchen leaning against the bench feeling guilty about venting his anger on Lin Yu. In the bedroom Lin Yu showered but left to the guest room on the second floor, not bothering with wearing Fen Bais pajama shirt. After fully calming down, Fen Bai went upstairs to shower and join Lin Yu in bed but he didn't find Lin Yu in their room.

He hadn't heard Lin Yu come down stairs when he was in the kitchen so he could only walk to the guest room on the second floor. Lin Yu hadn't fallen asleep yet because he was still angry at Fen Bai. He heard the door open slowly then close again, thinking he only looked in the room to see where he went; Lin Yu didn't bother to look up. Fen Bai quietly walked to the side where Lin Yu was lying down and crouched down, rubbing Lin Yus body over the blankets. Lin Yu rolled over facing away from Fen Bai, not in the mood to talk.

"I'm sorry for what I said Xiao Yu, I was angry about something else and shouldn't have taken it out on you."

Fen Bai bent closer to Lin Yu's ear to kiss him gently but Lin Yu pushed him away, burrowing into the blankets, ignoring his apology. Fen Bai rested his head against the lump Lin Yu had created and spoke softly.

"What? Does my Xiao Yu want to sleep alone?"

Fen Bai left the room to shower afterwards he got into bed alone. Lin Yu hadn't come back like he thought he would and he could only lie in bed alone, checking over work before going to sleep. In the morning Fen Bai woke up alone and Lin Yu was downstairs, making him cereal for breakfast before he left for work. Fen Bai ate while watching Lin Yu eat his own cereal quietly.

Grandma Mi arrived to a weird atmosphere between the two men but didn't comment and left to clean the pool. Fen Bai walked to the front door, but today Lin Yu didn't bend down to tie his laces and only kissed his cheek goodbye before leaving for upstairs. Fen Bai opened the door slowly, finding it hard to leave but left anyway.

. . . . . .

Work was hectic all day as he made the rounds to all the factories to look over the production personally, delivery had to be delayed by three days since the order had to be made from scratch, all the other deadlines were being met at the same time too, causing everyone to be stressed. After checking over the lines, Fen Bai left to look at the factory on the south border of the city. The factory had been filled with bombs that had all blown up. A large surface area surrounding the factory had been blown up and a lot of the surrounding building had caught fire. Fen Bai was filled with rage as soon as he saw the sight, this factory had been his first official branch into the weapons industry. The factory had to be built from the ground up now. A crew was already busy working on the site, so Fen Bai could only drive back to the company to sort through a pile of paperwork.

The whole day Lin Yu hadn't messaged Fen Bai and he sent a text to Grandma Mi asking what Lin Yu was doing. She quickly replied stating he was helping her clean. Lin Yu had never helped much with housework aside from dishes and setting the table but this never bothered Fen Bai because he hired a maid for a reason.

He called Lin Yu but the call rang until going to voicemail, he called again but it went rang until voicemail again. Fen Bai called Grandma Mi and she picked up on the first ring.

"Why isn't Xiao Yu answering his phone?"

"Huh? I don't know, I didn't hear it ring."

Fen Bai rubbed his temples as Grandma Mi talked.

"Put him on."

Grandma Mi had covered the microphone so muffled murmuring was only heard until she spoke again.

"He said he is busy with something so he can't talk right now, as for his phone, he put it on silent earlier so didn't hear it ring."

"Un. I'll be home soon to cook dinner so you can leave when I get back."

Fen Bai finished his paperwork quickly before driving home to see Lin Yu.

. . . . . .

Fen Bai walked through the door and set his keys down, noticing the two small dog figurines Lin Yu had made were no longer there. No one was in the living room and he walked to the shelf along the wall. The large shelf had a lot of books but also expensive sculptures Fen Bai had been gifted. Lin Yu had placed most of his clay animals in small gaps in the books and next to the expensive art pieces, but now all of them were gone too. Taking out his phone, he called Lin Yu but there was no answer like before, he then called Grandma Mi and of course she picked up.

"Where is he?"

"Ah? You're home?"

"Where is he?"

Grandma Mi came quickly from the gym holding a towel, she led Fen Bai to the pool where Lin Yu was swimming laps. His technique wasn't great and he had to stop every few strokes to breath properly, since he couldn't swim without water getting in his mouth and nose. Seeing Lin Yu in the pool without him pushed Fen Bai into a rage as he walked to the edge of the pool.

"GET THE FUCK OUT NOW!"

Lin Yu hadn't noticed Fen Bai had come home yet and was startled, hearing the loud shout caused him to breathe in water, as well as forgetting to kick his legs to keep him above the water. Fen Bai dived into the pool and carried him to the edge of the pool while he coughed violently. Fen Bai was still angry, though he didn't shout in Lin Yus face.

"You know the rules, yet you came in here and swam without me?"

"I was practicing. Nothing would've happened. I only choked on water because you scared me."

Lin Yu pushed himself out of the pool, walking toward the open shower to rinse off. Grandma Mi had left after leading Fen Bai into the pool, so his towel was set aside on a chair. Fen Bai got out of the pool, his anger was bubbling up again.

"Don't walk away from me Xiao Yu, what is with you today? I come home and not only have you taken down all your figurines, but you went against a rule I set up for your own safety."

"I wasn't in danger, Fen Bai. I'm better at swimming now."

Lin Yu took his shorts off and wrapped the towel around his body to stay warm, Fen Bai roughly took his suit off and stood under the shower, turning the water to cold to calm his mind. Lin Yu left the room to get dressed without saying anything else.

Wrapping a towel around his waist Fen Bai first went to Lin Yus old room, there were a couple boxes inside the room and the clay animals had been placed inside. Fen Bai took the two boxes out of the room, placing them on the sofa and left to get dressed. Lin Yu walked down the stairs as Fen Bai was walking up and saw the boxes on the sofa.

"Don't touch them unless you're putting them back where they should be."

Lin Yu didn't touch the clay animals, instead he set the table for dinner and unloaded the dishwasher. Fen Bai made a simple hot pot for dinner and set everything up on the table. At dinner there was no talking and Lin Yu held a small plate underneath his chopsticks, everytime he blanched food the small plate would catch all the drips, when food would stick to his mouth Lin Yu would wipe it with a napkin instead of pushing it into his mouth. Fen Bai could see how torturous it was for Lin Yu to eat like this, as his arms had begun to tire since he wasn't used to eating so slow.

Lin Yu cleared the table quietly, even rinsing the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Fen Bai sat on the sofa next to the two boxes, waiting for Lin Yu to finish. The cold tone from before was gone now and he spoke lightly.

"Come here when you're done Xiao Yu."

Lin Yu wiped his hands and walked to the armchair next to the sofa, sitting up properly instead of slouching.

"Why did you pack these away?"

"It doesn't suit the decor."

"What about your puzzles and animals in our bedroom, do they suit the decor?"

"Do you not like them? I can pack those away too."

Fen Bai slouched down into the couch before looking over at Lin Yu.

"Come here Xiao Yu, why are you sitting so far away?"

Fen Bai reached out, pulling Lin Yu from the chair into his lap, holding his waist tightly lest he get up and walk away. Lin Yu didn't settle back like he usually would and sat on Fen Bai's lap like it was a stiff chair. Fen Bai gently kissed the back of Lin Yus hair, inhaling deeply, smelling his own shampoo. He whispered into Lin Yus ear warmly.

"What's wrong Xiao Yu?"

Lin Yu shook in Fen Bais embrace and cried quietly, Fen Bai turned him around so he could rest against his shoulder.

"Fen Bai doesn't like my childish things, you like grown up things."

Lin Yus nose was blocked with snot because of his crying, his voice was nasally as he spoke in Fen Bais ear. Fen Bai rubbed Lin Yus wet cheek and kissed his lips.

"I don't hate that you're childish, I like it. I like the things you've made too. I wouldn't have let you put them up in the first place if I didn't like them"

Lin Yu finally nestled into Fen Bai like he usually did, and he talked about what he did during the day when Fen Bai wasn't home.

"I cleaned the house instead of Grandma Mi, see I even mopped the floors and I did the laundry too. Even when I was tired I still did housework. I didn't play any games or go on my phone."

Fen Bai knew Lin Yu was looking for praise for his hard work, but Fen Bai only felt sad at what Lin Yu had forced himself to do.

"Don't do that sort of stuff anymore, I pay Grandma Mi for that work. It's okay for you to play at home all day."

Lin Yu wasn't happy with this answer and nuzzled his face into Fen Bais shoulder, whining like a child.

"Praise me Fen Bai."

Fen Bai didn't know if he should laugh or cry but ended up praising Lin Yu anyway, and kissed him deeply for the first time in 24 hours. Lin Yu poked his tongue against Fen Bais lips as he straddled Fen Bais legs. Fen Bai sucked on Lin Yus tongue loudly but stopped after a few minutes, lightly slapping Lin Yus butt to hop off him.

"More."

Lin Yu jumped at Fen Bai for him to hold him but he wasn't picked up in the end. Fen Bai picked up a cardboard box instead, walking over to the shelf to place all the animals back where they were originally.

"Ai. The Lion doesn't go there he goes with Mr Penguin, they're married, you can't separate them."

Lin yu took the animals from the shelf rearranging them properly as Fen Bai held the box. All the animals were placed in pairs throughout the shelf leaving only a few more for other places in the house. Fen Bai picked Lin Yu up after everything was done, taking him to the bedroom.

The next day Fen Bai left for work, leaving Lin Yu in bed as he slept like a corpse. Yi Yuan and a small group of people had been following Lin Huanli's trail since the attack and had found a house Lin Huanli was using at the moment, they had pulled back after setting up cameras near the property to track him if he moved. A man was left behind to wait to put a tracker on the car when Lin Huanli moved as well. Everything was a waiting game at the moment and his regular work carried on, as they tried to finish all their deadlines.

During the afternoon Fen Bai received a call from the jeweller he had taken Lin Yu's three trinkets to and everything was ready to be picked up. At the store Fen Bai looked around as everything was being wrapped. He looked over the rings but found none that peaked his interest and left with the three custom items for Lin Yu. Fen Bai walked past a cutesy kid store on his way to the car but stopped when he saw animal hair ties in the window. Finished with his short shopping trip, he left to return to his car but didn't make it home in the end.

. . . . . .

At 10:00 pm both Grandma Mi and Lin Yu were waiting at home for Fen Bai since they hadn't been able to reach him for a while now; a rushed knocking was heard at the door, scaring Lin Yu, Grandma Mi told him not to worry and she went to check through the peephole who it was.

Yi Yuan and Lu YiFeng were at the door.

Grandma Mi opened the door, worriedly asking what was going on but she was only told she could leave for the day.

"What is going on? YiFeng Ge?"

"Fen Bai was taken by Lin Huanli today."

They had all underestimated Lin Huanli and everyone was outsmarted in the end. Lin Yu broke down after hearing about Fen Bai and Lu YiFeng quickly comforted but sternly told him

"Now isn't the time for tears, okay? We need to get everything in order so we can get Fen Bai back quickly."

Lin Yu stopped his crying and forced all his anxieties down as he focused on what Yi Yuan said.

"He was taken when exiting a shop, we tried to track him but our signal isn't strong enough. Lin Huanli didn't take him personally but we tracked his car from where we found him earlier, in the early evening he left his house to some industrial area."

Lin Yu nodded seriously while he listened. Lu YiFeng spoke next about their plan.

"A group will be leaving in an hour. Our men have been waiting for another attack by Lin Huanli since the factory was blown up, so we're all prepared. We just didn't expect the next attack would be capturing Fen Bai himself. Xiao Yu you're going to have to come with me, we're going to a safe house until Fen bai gets back, okay? Yi Yuan will be leading the attack."

"I want to come, I'll help."

Yi Yuan scoffed at him while Lu YiFeng glared at Yi Yuan.

"You and I won't be of any help Xiao Yu. It's best if we wait in a safe place okay? We need to go now, so pack a small bag of necessities."

Lin Yu ran upstairs packing light, he went to return down stairs but turned back, grabbing the small puzzle box from the shelf and stuffing it into the pocket of the backpack. Down stairs Lu YiFeng was waiting by the door as Yi Yuan got the car ready.

"Done?"

Un. Lin Yu sat in the back holding the bag tightly feeling the small box with his palm. They drove to a parking lot and Lu YiFeng got out, indicating for Lin Yu to get out too. Yi Yuan called out before the door shut.

"Stay safe and wait for my call, this shouldn't take long."

Lu YiFeng waved gently then walked to a small rundown car and took the keys from a pocket above the back tire. Lin Yu got on the car still gripping the bag tightly. Lu YiFengs hands shook lightly as he turned the key to turn the engine on.

"YiFeng Ge?"

"I'm fine Xiao Yu, it's just been a while."

Lu YiFeng pulled himself together and drove out of the parking lot, turning onto the road to leave the city.

. . . . . .

Fen Bai woke up on a chair with his ankles and wrists tied to the framing, he lightly pulled his wrists and felt the rope tighten, next he moved his legs but the rope was above a bar running along the legs of the chair. A bright light turned on over his head, the light blocked off most of his view and a middle aged man sat down in a seat in front of him, laughing lightly.

"You're a hard man to find."

"I could say the same thing to you Lin Huanli. Even Li HongYi was an easier fish to catch."

"Ai~,.Li HongYi was getting on in his years and he really only had his eyes set on Lin Yu, nothing else. Had he been twenty years younger, you would have had a real challenge on your hands."

Lin Huanli sat up straight in his chair as he spoke about Li HongYi. Fen Bai wasn't intimidated by the aura of this man and sat as comfortably as he could while being tied up.

"Get to the point, you want Xiao Yu?"

"Pei, you can keep the brat. I want Li HongYis properties and men you stole. If anyone is deserving of his riches, it's me."

"Why? Because you sold your son? Don't tell me this petty behaviour is because you're jealous I took something you wanted."

"Petty behaviour? I gave you a warning with that factory. My petty behaviour had you running with tails between your legs as you wondered what the fuck you should do."

A man rolled a cart over then left quietly.

"I mean I can't lie, I also want what you have too. Your land is very valuable and the weapons you make are top grade."

Fen Bai understood now and he felt stupid for not thinking of it himself.

"Fu~, You're clever Lin Huanli. Sell your son, get everything Li HongYi owns; when he kicks the bucket, use both his men and your men to take me down, become the only lord of the underworld. Very nice."

"Thank you, it's been eight years in the making, so it should be good."

Lin Huanli got up looking over the contents on the cart tray.

. . . . . .

Yi Yuan drove quickly leading a tail of cars to the industrial area, they were 1 km out when a shower of bullets hit his vehicle, he turned for cover behind a building and the cars spread out. Everyone got out to prepare for firing back. The group was wearing armoured clothing so they could take a few hits, though the pain of being shot would still be there. Yi Yuan went around the warhouse he had parked behind, looking for an entry point.

There were a total of five warehouses on the plot and dividing the men into five separate groups would cut their numbers too low. Yi Yuan spoke low into the radio leading to everyones earpieces.

"Two groups only, sweep the area and work your way forward."

Everyone in Yi Yuans group followed behind watching his sides and back. Slowly they pushed forward, pulling down their night lenses to shoot their targets. They found a door to the first warehouse but it was empty and they quickly made their way to the next one.

. . . . . .

Lu YiFeng arrived at their safe house after an hour of driving and he had to sit a minute to calm his breathing before getting out, leading Lin Yu. The safe house was on the outskirts of the city in a farming area. An old lady opened the door and led them to a basement room, handing over the key to the room and left without saying anything.

"YiFeng Ge, do we just wait?"

"No, turn the computers on over there, I'll make tea."

Lin Yu turned the computers on, putting in the password Lu YiFeng told him and logged into the only app on the desktop. A red dot on a map came up on the screen.

"What is this?"

"Fen Bai, he has a tracker sewn into all his suits, only I have the password. Well I guess you do too now."

Lu YiFeng pulled out a phone from a draw and called Yi Yuan. Lin Yu zoomed in on the map to find the proper location but it was in the middle of two warehouses.

"What does this mean?"

Lu YiFeng looked at the screen while talking to Yi Yuan, he zoomed in then zoomed out only to zoom in again.

"He's underground Yi Yuan, between the last two adjacent warehouses."

Yi Yuan spoke on the other side but Lin Yu couldn't hear properly.

"Un. I'll call reinforcements and look for other entry points. Okay you too."

Lu YiFeng put the phone down sitting on another chair. He typed various things before the underground map for the industrial sight came up. Lu YiFeng made another phone call talking to someone Lin Yu didn't know.

"Yes make your way to Factory then turn left at the station and enter the engineers tunnel through the subway, Yes."

Lin Yu got up, moving to the kitchenette area, leaving Lu YIFeng to work without disturbance.

. . . . . .

Fen Bai was still tied to his chair, while Lin Huanli held scissors in his left hand.

"Now I really want to kill you, but unfortunately your clever and I know your men will most likely delete and move everything to do with your business once they catch wind of your capture, so I have to keep you alive until my men have done their job."

Lin Huanli cut off Fen Bais suit, even his pants and underwear. Lin Huanli put the scissors down and picked up a scalpel.

"Ai~, you really did push my patience when I found out you took Lin Yu from The Night Bird. I really should've killed Xiu Chenle, but Li HongYi said to leave him since he could always punish Lin Yu to his heart's content when he arrived back."

"Did he get punished good, Fen Bai?"

Fen Bai knew he was being taunted, so he only laughed emotionlessly while he looked Lin Huanli with a look of death. Lin Huanlis blood turned cold, but he pushed forward anyway.

"What was Lin Yu like when he was raped repeatedly by HongYi? tell me, I am his father after all."

"Pei, I don't see a father.You're the type of person that has a price and would do anything if paid enough. Fuck, I bet you would fuck your own son for a buck."

The last comment pissed Lin Huanli off and he punched Fen Bai on his cheek, leaving a bruise. Fen Bai laughed loudly taunting him further.

"By that reaction you would do it for free, wouldn't you?"

Another punch landed against the other cheek but Fen Bai kept laughing, mocking Lin Huanli. Fen Bai had stalled all he could but Lin Huanli regained his composure soon enough. Lin huanli picked the scalpel up again and walked to Fen Bai, bringing the chair behind him.

"I was going to start off easy but you really pressed my buttons, so I'll have to put you in your place."

Fen Bai didn't speak and he leaned his head back waiting. Lin Huanli started at his toes and made small shallow cuts in between his toes. The pain of course, was excruciating but Fen Bai clenched his jaw tight so as to not make any noise. Lin Huanli carried on upwards and cut on either side of the achilles tendon, next he moved to Fen Bais privates. He lifted the ball sack, Lin Huanli pushed the scalpel against the perineum, cutting into it only a couple of millimeters deep but Fen Bai couldn't help his body stiffening as he groaned deep in his throat.

"Hehe, I thought you wouldn't break for a second."

Lin Huanli pushed in a again, a little deeper, before he left the lower region alone, moving to the arms.

. . . . . .

Yi Yuans group was slowly making their way to the next two warehouses but more of Lin Huanli's men had arrived, pushing them back. Yi Yuan was moving to find cover by some machinery close by, when a call came in.

"Sir we have been informed about another entry point for Mr Fens position, we're making our way in the tunnel now but we can only walk single file, we sent two cargos back, do you want back up?"

"Send them."

Yi Yuan quickly hung up and continued shooting, his left arm had been shot twice when he was taking the call and it hurt like a bitch. Yi Yuan was about to move but more shots were fired. He looked around the right side of the large machinery covering him and it was clear. Signalling for a couple men to follow him, he jogged around the perimeter of the industrial land, making his way to the warehouses.

It took ten minutes of jogging to make it to the side of the next warehouse, and he hoped there would be a tunnel entry in both warehouses for his benefit. There were men in the front and back but none on the side since the fencing was only a couple metres from the building, but there weren't any doors, only a window high up. Yi Yuan climbed up the fence quickly and jumped, hanging onto the ledge, he pulled up quickly and broke the window; the constant gunfire blocking the noise.

The men followed one by one after him, checking the below area of the warehouse from their entry point then the second story, everywhere was empty, on the opposite side of the large warehouse was a room that looked like an office. In the office Yi Yuan found a floor hatch with a metal ladder leading down with no lights. He went down first, his night lenses still on, at the bottom there was only one tunnel. The men followed the tunnel forward, quickly jogging quietly.

7