Chapter 15
548 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We'll take about three hours to get to B City airport, we can't speed or well pick up unwanted attention. I'll be taking the back roads though so it may be bumpy"

Lu YiFeng sat in the front seat next to Yi Yuan, they waited until Old Lady's car had disappeared, then they started off on their own journey. Lin Yu was sitting in the back with Fen Bai, he had wanted to cuddle with Fen Bai since he was still sleepy but the road was too bumpy and he could end up opening the stitches if he bumped into Fen Bai. The whole journey Yi Yuan and Lu YiFeng spoke quietly together while the radio played so their conversation couldn't be heard in the back. Fen Bai's condition was still bad, even though he had more energy now, he took a few pills to dull the pain.

At the airport they walked through a side entrance, Yi Yuan was pushing a reluctant Fen Bai on a wheelchair and a man met them, quietly motioning to a door leading to the runway.

A small plane was waiting for them and they boarded quickly, the plane took off once everyone was seated. Fen Bai fell asleep on the plane and everyone else ate some soup Old Lady had made, leaving a large portion for Fen bai. Lin Yu still had no idea where they were going and Lu YiFeng wouldn't answer his questions, he had wanted to ask Yi Yuan but was too scared to talk to him.

After six hours of flying they finally landed. They had walked out of the small plane onto a very small runway. tropical trees surrounded the area and the weather was very humid, almost like it was sticking to them. Lin Yu broke into a sweat while standing still. He felt bad for Fen Bai since he had dressed him in all black warm clothes. Yi Yuan made them wait in a room off to the side of the airport entrance and came back with a Jeep.

The road they took was extremely bumpy and Lin Yu couldn't take his eyes off Fen Bai until they reached their destination. Fen Bai was wheeled into the master bedroom and placed on the bed. Yi Yuan grabbed scissors and cut off the thick clothes, all the dressing were soaked in blood and some parts of the clothes had stuck to wounds where the dressings had come off. Lin Yu unpacked antiseptic soap and a sponge quickly while Lu YiFeng brought in a large bowl with warm water. Yi Yuan had finished removing the clothing and dressings so Lin Yu could start bathing Fen Bai. Lu YiFeng dribbled cold water into Fen Bais mouth and felt his forehead.

"He has a fever."

Yi Yuan felt Fen Bais forehead too.

"A nurse will be here soon, grab a washcloth and ice."

Lin Yu had finished washing Fen bai and started applying antiseptic cream to the wounds avoiding the ones that had reopened. Yi Yuan left briefly and came back with a very tanned short woman. She gently pushed Lin Yu to the side, opening her bag, she injected Fen Bai with something then started stitching up his wounds. Yi Yuan tugged Lin Yu but he didn't move so he could only put him over his shoulder and walk out, closing the door behind him.

"Ah? Put me down! I should stay with Fen Bai."

"Are you a doctor? What can you do to help?"

Lin Yu was placed down and tears welled up in his eyes, Lu YiFeng pushed Yi Yuan angrily then hugged Lin Yu before taking him into the kitchen. Lu YiFeng took fruit from the fridge to chop and set them on a large plate. Lin Yu and Yi Yuan sat at the breakfast bar, ignoring each other. Lu YiFeng placed the fruit in between them all, giving Lin Yu ice water and a fork.Yi Yuan waited to be handed his but Lu YiFeng started eating the fruit, not moving.

"Mine?"

"You know where everything is, this is Xiao Yus first time here."

Yi Yuan sighed but got up anyway. After half an hour the nurse came out of the room and spoke with Yi Yuan before leaving. Lin Yu finished off a small piece of pineapple then went in to see Fen Bai, he was covered with a light sheet and an IV was in his arm as he slept peacefully. Lin Yu went into the bathroom and showered. Wrapping himself in a towel, he laid on the very edge of the large bed, scared he would affect Fen Bais recovery. Lu YiFeng came in once Lin Yu had been asleep for a while and pushed him to the middle of the bed to stop him from falling off, he then removed the IV and needle from Fen Bai and closed the door.

. . . . . .

Lin Yu had woken up briefly in a groggy state and moved himself back to the edge of the bed, draping the towel over himself like a blanket. Fen Bai woke up while Lin Yu was sleeping. Fen Bai wanted to pull Lin Yu close to him but he was too far away. Fen Bai was considering moving over when Lin Yu mewled in his sleep, tears falling from his closed eyes as he rolled off the bed with a loud thump. Lu YiFeng and Yi Yuan rused in after hearing the thud.

"He fell off the bed. Pick him up and put him next to me"

Lu YiFeng wrapped the towel around Lin Yu then moved so Yi Yuan could pick him up, they left after checking over Fen Bai. Lin Yu hadn't woken up when falling off the bed and he was still mewling in his sleep while fat tears broke free from his closed eyes. Fen Bai lightly rubbed the warm tears, comforting Lin Yu until he stopped crying then he fell asleep with Lin Yu tucked to his side.

They had arrived at the island in the early afternoon and Lin Yu didn't wake up until the morning the next day, he looked over at Fen Bai and checked his temperature but the fever had completely gone away. Lin Yus stomach growled loudly since he had only eaten fruit and soup the day before but he didn't get up to have breakfast, wanting to wait for Fen Bai.

"What did I say about taking care of yourself."

Fen Bais eyes were still closed as he poked Lin Yus side. Lin Yus stomach growling was so loud it had woken Fen Bai. Lin Yu giggled and squirmed from his side being poked. Fen Bai stopped and rubbed Lin Yus head, his hair was well past his jaw now.

"Did you have a bad dream?"

Lin Yu moved the towel covering him to lay over his private areas only before answering

"I don't think I had any dreams last night."

"Un. What happened while I was asleep, I know the nurse was here."

"Nothing, I ate fruit then came in here after the nurse left."

Lin Yu had pulled away from Fen Bai so that their bodies weren't touching, just as Lu YiFeng came in, Lin Yus stomach growled even louder than before; along with the loud growl he experienced hunger pains for the first time in years. Fen Bai pushed Lin Yu to sit up while he told him to leave with Lu YiFeng, and not to come back till he's stuffed with food.

In the kitchen, Lin Yu told Lu YiFeng to make Fen Bais breakfast as he would make his own. Lu YiFeng had made a nutritious congee already and was waiting for it to cool down to a suitable temperature until taking it to Fen Bai. He watched as Lin Yu toasted two slices of bread and took out ham and an egg from the fridge. In a pan he cracked the egg, to the side of it he placed some ham to fry, the stove had been turned to high and smoke was soon coming from both the egg and ham. Lu YiFeng came back from Fen Bais room, quickly turning on the fan above the stove so the fire alarm wouldn't go off.

"Xiao Yu do you want me to do it?"

"No, I'm almost done."

Lin Yu flipped the egg revealing a brown crispy bottom, he then flipped the ham revealing a similar look. Lu YiFeng turned the stove off since everything was technically (over)cooked. Lin Yu buttered the toast and placed the burnt ham and egg on one slice next taking out grated cheese, he sprinkled it over and put the other toast on top. Lu YiFeng poured him fresh fruit juice and ice water. Watching helplessly as Lin Yu ate his burnt breakfast happily. Yi Yuan walked in from outside sniffing repeatedly like a dog.

"What did you burn YiFeng?"

"I didn't burn anything, Xiao Yu had a little mishap with his breakfast, but it's fine."

Lin Yu had finished his toast in four big bites, choking on his last one, Lu YiFeng patted his back looking over him worried. Lin Yu then drank both drinks one after the other before he toddled to the sink to wash the dishes.

"Leave it Xiao Yu, I'll rinse everything and load the dishwasher."

Lin Yu nodded then left to return to Fen Bai, a slight bulge in his stomach from all the liquid. Lu YiFeng motioned for Yi Yuan to come over as he told him about Lin Yus cooking.

In the bedroom Fen Bai had finished his congee and was drinking a black coffee, he was working on a small laptop, going over files Lin Yu couldn't comprehend. Lin Yu was a little bored and bloated so he pulled out his phone, playing a game as he laid next to Fen Bai, leaving enough space for another him to fit in between. Fen Bai worked seriously for three hours before turning the laptop off, rubbing his temples. Lin Yu got up and gave Fen Bai ice water before laying back down.

"Come closer, why are you so far away? Last night you fell off the bed because you had chosen to sleep on the edge of the bed."

Lin Yu shuffled over still leaving a gap between them two, he was playing with different filters now on his camera and kept pulling silly faces at his phone, he would take tens of pictures of himself only to delete them all when looking over them. Fen Bai sat on the bed watching Lin Yu, a little stressed with Lin Yus behaviour.

"Lie next to me properly."

Lin Yu moved closer and Fen Bai was finally able to reach him, he pulled Lin Yu closer until Lin Yu was snuggled into Fen Bais side.

"What happened yesterday?"

Fen Bai thought of how Lin Yu had cried in his sleep for the first time and now he was distancing himself from Fen Bai.

"Nothing happened. I ate fruit then came here to sleep."

Fen Bai took Lin Yus phone away, placing it on the table beside the bed. He sat Lin Yu up so he could see his face when he spoke.

"Why are you pulling away from me, what happened?"

Lin Yu looked away from Fen Bai and shrugged. Fen Bai took his face in his hands, holding it in place so he couldn't look away but Lin Yu just closed his eyes. Fen Bai sighed and kissed Lin Yu gently. It had been two days since they had last kissed, Lin Yu hadn't even been awake for their last kiss. Lin Yu tried to pull away but Fen Bai held him tightly, he deepened their kiss, drawing Lin Yus tongue into his mouth and sucked on it the way Lin Yu liked. Lin Yu relaxed and leaned forward slowly until he was resting on his hands, trying to kiss Fen Bai back. Fen Bai pulled away pecking the swollen lips lightly, asking again.

"What happened Xiao Yu?"

Lin Yu leaned into Fen Bais right shoulder tenderly and started rambling.

"I'm not good at anything, Yi Yuan is strong and good at fighting, YiFeng Ge lead the move of the whole company in just a few hours. Even Old Lady was able to fix your wounds in less than an hour. All I can do is sit and watch. When we arrived at the island your wounds opened and you had a fever but I couldn't do anything, a nurse had to do everything. I'm in the way when important things need to be done"

Fen Bai stroked Lin Yu's head while he spoke, he could feel Lin Yus tears on his skin once he finished talking. Lin Yu got up abruptly, leaving the bed to wash his face then he left the room to prepare lunch. Lu YiFeng had already made lunch for everyone ahead of time since he was a little scared of Lin Yu walking into the kitchen, lest he start cooking again but even with his efforts Lin Yu pushed his plate back politely.

"I can make my own food YiFeng Ge, I have to get good at something otherwise I won't be of any use to Fen Bai."

Lu YiFeng wanted to say something but couldn't think of anything so he took Fen Bai his food. In The room Fen Bai told him to shut the door so they could talk.

"What did you say to him?"

Lu YiFeng understood what Fen Bai was getting at since he was well aware of the change in Lin Yu, but annoyed that Fen Bai would think he had anything to do with it.

"Do you think I would do anything to Xiao Yu?"

Fen Bai sighed heavily, of course he knew Lu YiFeng was soft towards Lin Yu.

"Is he eating?"

"No, he wanted to cook his own lunch."

Fen Bai had flashbacks of his Egg tart while Lu YiFeng had flashbacks of breakfast a few hours ago, both were silent when the fire alarm in the kitchen sounded loudly. Fen Bai went to get out of bed but was pushed back by Lu YiFeng. By the time Lu YiFeng had rushed to the kitchen, Yi Yuan had shut the alarm off and turned the fan on.When the smoke had dispersed Yi Yuan began scolding Lin Yu.

"What do you think you're doing? YiFeng has made food for you yet you refuse to eat it and what? Try to burn the house down!"

Lin Yus face was red and he had a burn on his palm but he lunged at Yi Yuan, screaming loudly as he kicked and punched him. His violent outburst shocked Lu YiFeng but there was no effect on Yi Yuan, who stood there taking the "beating". Lin Yu punched as hard as he could but ended up tiring himself, he started sobbing in front of Yi Yuan. Lu YiFeng took a step forward to comfort Lin yu but Yi Yuan held his hand up behind his back, stopping him.

"Come here, the first thing with cooking is you never cook on the highest heat setting."

Yi Yuan turned the cold water on and stuck Lin Yus hand under it to stop the burn from blistering. He then pushed the blackened pan to the side and pulled out a clean one. Yi Yuan drizzled oil and took out a steak from a container.

"How do you like your steak?"

Lin Yu roughly wiped his snotty face and answered with a nasally voice, his hand still under the water.

"Medium rare."

Yi Yuan placed the steak in the pan, a sizzling sound filling the room. He then turned the tap off for Lin Yu and pushed him in front of the pan.

"Count to 150 then flip it over and count to 150 again."

Yi Yuan washed the burnt pan quickly then took a plate and placed a large salad Lu YiFeng had made onto half the plate. Lin Yu had counted to 150 and tried flipping the steak with his left hand. Once done he began counting again watching the steak intensely. Yi Yuan stood behind waiting, when Lin Yu had reached 150 again he turned to Yi yuan with wide eyes as he didn't know what to do next.

"Put it on the chopping board next to the stove, let it rest for five minutes."

Lin Yu struggled to move it to the chopping board like he had struggled with flipping the steak because his right hand had been burnt, but he slid it on in the end. He watched the clock on the oven waiting for five minutes to pass. Yi Yuan placed the plate next to the chopping board.

"Put it on your plate after it's rested then eat at the table."

Yi Yuan walked out of the kitchen, walking past the spying Lu YiFeng like he wasn't there. Lu YiFeng chased after Yi Yuan.

"You, you. He just. What?"

Lu YiFeng didn't know what to say, Yi Yuan stopped abruptly causing Lu YiFeng to run into his back.

"YiFeng, don't baby him, it will only encourage his low self esteem."

Yi Yuan kept walking through the house. Lu YiFeng stood still for a few seconds then followed after him again.

In the kitchen five minutes had passed slowly and Lin Yu picked the steak up with his bare hand, moving it to his plate, since he had been told to eat at the table he set his plate down, afterwards rushing back to the room to grab his phone then rushed back.

Fen Bai: . . .

Fen Bai received a message from Lin Yu a couple seconds later, it was a close up of a steak. Lin Yu sent another message stating proudly that he cooked it. Fen Bai inspected the picture, on the edge of the steak there was a little bit of char but aside from that, the steak looked perfectly cooked. Fen Bai put the phone to his mouth and recorded a message before sending it.

"My Xiao Yu has improved so quickly."

Lin Yu didn't use cutlery as he ate the steak, stuffing a large mouthful into his mouth before biting down to separate the steak. He smiled widely as he replayed Fen Bais message throughout his whole meal. After his lunch he washed the dishes and took a few fruits from the fridge, cutting them roughly, before putting them onto two plates. Lin Yu finished plating the fruit and he searched around the house for Yi Yuan. In the end he knocked on Lu YiFeng's door since he could find him, Yi Yuan answered instead.

"Yuan Ge, thank you for teaching me."

Lin Yu handed him a plate with large chunks of fruit on it before leaving.

Shirtless Yi Yuan: . . .

Lin Yu ran back to Fen Bai, almost slipping and dropping the fruit. Out of breath he sat on the bed, trying to feed Fen Bai the fruit he had cut but Fen Bai was more interested in the burn on his right palm.

"Stay still, I'll put cream on it."

Fen Bai took the antiseptic cream from beside the bed and rubbed a large amount, covering all of Lin Yus palm then wrapped it. Lin Yu had eaten most of the fruit by the time Fen Bai had finished. Fen Bai took the plate from Lin Yu and ate the left over fruit. Lin Yus mood had returned to normal after successfully cooking lunch, Fen Bai already figured it was Yi Yuan that had caused and stopped it. Lin Yu leaned on Fen Bais lap a little too full.

"How long will we stay here for?"

"Until I've fully recovered, maybe longer."

"What if bad people come?"

"They can't. I own this island, so all boats and planes need my go ahead to dock and land."

Lin Yu hadn't known that Fen Bai owned land outside A City, especially a whole Island. Lin Yu snuggled into Fen Bai more.

"Show me the island when you're better."

"Un. I'll be fine in a few weeks."

Lin Yu had a sudden realization and looked at Fen Bai seriously.

"How long until we can have sex again?"

Fen Bai laughed loudly but groaned in pain the next second.

"A few weeks, after the stitch is fully healed and the skin has closed it should be fine, but the

doesn't mean we can't do anything together."

Fen Bai rubbed Lin Yu but his hands were slapped away.

"No, you have to heal fully, you can't do anything strenuous."

8