Prologue: God Mode
417 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Monsters. All around were monsters: goblins, orcs, kobolds, just about every type of monster possible. Harpies, manticores and even wyverns were flooding the skies. The horde was so big that one could see a big black blob in the middle of a long-abandoned continent from the far reaches of space. In the centre of this mass of flesh was a young girl, who could clearly be seen wearing a school uniform. Although one would expect her to feel fear and despair, the exact opposite was what was true, as there was a smile of delight on her face.

“Demon, Sheriff, Knight, Sharpshooter and Assassin, come!” 

At her command, figures flew out of her body. From her back, flying behind her, came the Demon. Flapping her majestic wings, she flew above. With a powerful aura of power, she pointed forward, unleashing a ball of hellfire that was sent hurling at the monsters.

To her left came out the Sheriff. A woman wearing the trademark wild west cowboy hat and poncho, from which her arms came out of, holding two glistening, golden revolvers. With a draw speed that made it seem like her hands were both behind her poncho and in front of her, she fired. Despite only seeming like one shot from both guns, twelve monsters dropped.

To the girl’s right was another gun wielder, the Sharpshooter. With a monocle and a top hat, despite seeming like a proper person, there was a maniacal smile on her face. After a second of aiming with a sniper in her hand, she pulled the trigger. All that followed that action was the popping heads of monsters in a straight line, from the front lines approaching the girls to the very back of the pack, who were waiting for their turn.

From the girl’s chest sprung forward the Knight. Covered from head to toe in metal armour and wielding an axe twice her size, she swung and swung as if the axe was a feather. Monsters fell left, right and centre, whether it be the axe beheading them or the air pressure slicing them in half.

Descending from the girl’s legs and into her shadow was a fedora and suit-wearing woman. With a dagger in hand and an aura of darkness capable of drowning the sun, she moved from shadow to shadow, stabbing any monster who was unfortunate to have their shadow be infiltrated.

“Not enough, huh. Well, I will show my power! I call for the Merchant, the Fighter, the Fairy, and all that hear my voice! Come my avatars! Show them the power of our pantheon’s might!”

Emerging from the girl came countless figures. A figure with a thick coat that contained countless items touched the ground, a streak of gold coming from where she touched, zooming through the horde, turning any monsters that it touched into statues of pure gold. There was another figure, one wearing a gi and a headband, which threw thousands upon thousands of punches at the monster horde. A tiny fairy flew above and unleashed its ancient craft, bringing monster after monster down. There were more figures. A ninja throwing knives, a maid wielding a halberd, and a shapeshifter turning into a dragon. These were just a handful of avatars pouring out the girl. Many more came. A robot. A soldier. A hunter. A swordsman. A witch. There was no sight of ending.

The monsters fell, with no possible chance of even a single lucky goblin being able to escape through the carnage. Even the mightiest of the monsters, the Goblin King, the Giant Slime, and even the Ascended Wyvern, could do nothing but despair. Thus, the battle ended.

“Haa… I’m tired. But I guess that takes care of that problem now.”

However, even though it seemed like a moment of peace, something unexpected happened. A magic circle appeared under the Assassin, and just like it’s unexpected appearance, it suddenly disappeared, along with the Assassin.

At the same time, the girl felt something break within her. It was almost like a chain that connected her to the Assassin and every other avatar had been broken. As soon as she felt that connection break, figures upon figures escaped from within her soul and scrambled away, some taking to the skies, others going by foot. The biggest surprise came when the Demon, with an evil grin on her face, took aim and fired at the girl.


Elsewhere, in a white void, there were twelve beings sat around a roundtable.

“It seems that her avatars have escaped and now roam the world.”

“Haha! And would you look at that. Since they’re now technically their own person, they’re now full-fledged gods!”

“Huh. Their borrowed Divinity has turned into their own Divinity now. Interesting.”

“It’s a shame that the child now has to gather them back.”

“Well, whatever, I say we bring her here, have a little chat, then she can go do her god collectathon when she wakes up.”

“Hmm… good idea. Anyone against it? No. Then let us bring her here.”

10