Chapter 2.5: Roundtable Rival
275 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a white void, inaccessible to all but a few, lies a roundtable. Despite its normal exterior, it is an abnormal roundtable. After all, it is the roundtable where They sit.

The roundtable where the Old One, the Big G, the One Above All, the Guy Whose Name Is Always Capitalized Even If It’s A Long Title sits. The roundtable that has a laptop owned the Holiest Of Holies on top of it, left on the SCP page for 343. The roundtable where the Old Man reads SCPs, for some odd reason.

The roundtable where the Demonic One, the Big D, the fellow below, the unfortunate sap who has to deal with all the shit in hell, the guy who went to Georgia, the guy who is unluckily called the Big D sits. The roundtable that has his prized feather quill and ink on it. The roundtable where the Devil does his occasional contract signing should none of the others be there.

The roundtable where the Bearded One, the shaper of continents, the father of that troublesome Shut-In Goddess, the guy only really remembered for being a Persona sits. The roundtable that doubles down as a storage area for his stuff. The roundtable where he doesn’t actually store stuff, but more hides stuff from his ex-wife.

The roundtable where the Burnt One, the Underworld’s first, the one who got burnt by their own son, the time stopper from Blazblue, the gas station attendant from Persona 4 sits. The roundtable that she doesn’t often go to since her former partner also goes there. The roundtable that brings nothing but pain, not because her former husband is there, but because she somehow keeps bumping her knees against the roundtable.

The roundtable where the Chaotic One, the creator of luck, the mother of that cursed and incestuous pantheon of gods, the really weird item in Binding of Isaac that sometimes saves runs sits. The roundtable where she watches the guy she sent to another world be confronted by his old girlfriend when he came back with a harem. The roundtable where she tells normies to fucking explode before she curses them.

The roundtable where the Sleeping One, the Blind Idiot God, the one made by a normal human who wrote books, the one who the rest aren’t really sure about what they are sleeps. The roundtable where it ponders in its dreams what is possible and what is not. The roundtable where it counts sheep jumping over a fence. The roundtable where their murmur of 312,523,412,686,439,247,170,126 can be heard.

The roundtable where the Bright One, the creator of the sun and stars, the old guy from the movie Gods of Egypt sits. The roundtable where this god not only ponders about its kingdom but also wonders where Anubis got that sweet Jackal head. The roundtable where this being not only ponders but also listens to Rasputin on repeat.

The roundtable where the Dusty One, the bringer of dreams, the short guy from Rise of the Guardians, the wrestler from ECW sits. The roundtable where he keeps the most precious of dreams in hiding, away from all. The roundtable where he feels most safe, alongside the dreams he stashed away.

The roundtable where the Natural One, the first breathing thing, the tree person, the tree that seems extremely hard to cut down considering the monsters living in it can’t sits. The roundtable where she meticulously knits and knits and knits. The roundtable where many handmade creations, from Thor body pillows to wool Odin eyepatches to Loki sweaters, lie.

The roundtable where the Playful One, the fairy queen, the most playful of all playful kind, the one who fell in love with a guy with a donkey face sits. The roundtable where she plays and plays and plays in the hopes of beating the game. The roundtable where she is barely able to beat a level 3 Little Mac CPU. 

The roundtable where the Monstrous One, the huge squid thing, the one who is attempting to be a VTuber, the one who almost ate Poseidon up sits. The roundtable where she chats with her chat and is mocked time and time again. The roundtable where her sulking face can be seen constantly, unless there’s cake or takoyaki, in which she is then quite happy.

The roundtable where the Cloaked One, the skull and scythes one, the second oldest thing in existence, the harvester of souls, the one who was a final boss in a Castlevania game sits. The roundtable where she is seen abusing the fact that this void is outside of time to catch up on the homework she barely does. The roundtable where she can be seen laughing at the latest Youtube video, clearly procrastinating, despite the deadline for her assignment being two days away.

 

The roundtable. 

Yeah, I don't know why I made this.

In other news, I should explain what Divinity is, huh. If we were to follow the dictionary meaning, then it's something to do with the Gods. Pretty simple, right? Simply put, Divinity is stuff the Gods use when showing their power. Divinity is present in most living lifeforms. Now, Divinity has this little quirk where if you don't have enough of it to rule a Domain, it will instead combine with other people who have similar beliefs to you and manifest something that way. It's why the gods of mythology are around. By the way, Domain is really just a fancy term for what you're the god of. You get a Domain via people's belief in you. Due to how it is, humans can get a Domain should you be believed to truly rule over it. This does mean the best in the world at whatever it is are the god of that thingy.

Now, I won't lie, I'll probably never use the word roundtable again.

8