Chapter 9: Life Will Change
147 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The softness and familiarity of my bed, the warmness and familiarity of my room, and the safety and familiarity of my blanket. Ahh…. this is bliss. Maybe I’ll have five more minutes.

“Hey you, you’re finally awake.”

I looked to my left and saw Assassin, in full suit and fedora, lying next to me, her head perched on her arm and one leg up. A few seconds of silence passed.

“What? Were you expecting your cool girlfriend or your cute daughter? Too bad, Assassin time.”

“You know Assassin, you are really starting to get on my nerves.”

“Yeah, I know. It’s just that it’s funny.”

“So, why are you here? In my bed? Lying like that?”

“Well...,” her tone of voice suddenly changed, “To seduce you, obviously.”

The sound of cracking plates and fallen cutlery could be heard from the other side of the door.

“Hee… it seems someone is eavesdropping on us mom. HEY MAID! YOU WANNA JOIN IN?!”

Suddenly, the door burst open, with Elizabeth coming in quickly, panting, “Join in what? A forbidden romance between a servant and her master, or the forbidden romance between two avatars? Because if it is either of those, I am most definitely not interested!” 

“Pfft… not romance, get your head out of the book. Just plain and simple se-”

Before she even finished her sentence, I decided to slam a pillow into her face. “Wait, why are you getting closer, Elizabeth?”

“Hehe… no reason.” I proceeded to block Elizabeth using my other pillow.

“Hey mama, you okay there?” In came May, holding a piece of toast, “Are you having a pillow fight?”

“Pillow fight? No, we’re not having a pillow fight.”

“Aww… I wanted to join in.”

“We’re not having a pillow fight, but I know a different kind of fight you can have in bed.”

“Although I do believe I understand what that means, I would still like a demonstration just in case Master would like to partake in one in the future with me.”

“Both of you, please shut up.” Haa… my first morning back at home, and it’s already chaotic. Oh time when the avatars slept within my soul, please come back. “You know what, since all three of us are here, I’ve got some questions. First, I’d like to hear what you three did while I was asleep for six months.”

“I dunno.”

“In Zeus’ possession.”

“I was in another world.”

“In more detail, please.”

“Dunno.”

“All I really did was clean for Zeus. Nothing more.”

“Too long to explain, can’t be bothered.”

“I’m guessing that’s all I’m going to get. Next question. What are your domains?”

“Magic!”

“Housework.”

“Darkness. Although I don’t use it anyway. Got magic and mythical artifacts and other isekai shit.”

“Okay, and the last question, anyone got a name for Assassin here?”

“Hmm… Hildegard!”

“Snake.”

“I actually quite like Assassin.”

“I don’t like any of those.”

“Oh yes, before I forget, Master, someone is waiting for you in the living room. Your friend Mori seems to be acquainted with them.”

Must be one of the Roundtable folks. “Thanks, Elizabeth, we’ll save the Assassin matter for later. I feel like I need to listen to this guest.”


“Hello there, Evelyn. Although we have already met, I did not formally introduce myself. My name is Izanagi, the Shinto God of Creation. Nice to meet you, and I hope we get along.” Right in front of me was a middle-aged Japanese salaryman bowing in front of me, holding a business card. “Forgive me for my conduct, but it is customary where my current incarnation that I am currently in control of lives. I hope this does not weird you out.”

“Uh… thanks, I guess. I’m Evelyn, although you already knew that. Um, nice to meet you.” Awkwardly, I take the business card, then we both take a seat in the living room.

“Now, as I am sure Sandman has already explained, but each of the members of the Roundtable, excluding Death, are troubled by an avatar of yours. Now, I have come here not to talk as a deity but rather as a father.”

Eh? Father? Where is this going?”

“You see, recently my daughter, Amaterasu, has holed herself up in her cave. Typically this wouldn’t normally concern me as it is her normal conduct. No, what worries me is that she has holed herself up with another person, someone she met through an online game she constantly plays.”

Uh-huh, I see where this is going. A shut-in daughter who plays games all the time suddenly has someone else in her room. Got it, got it.

“Naturally, I would be happy my shut-in daughter had finally gotten a real-life friend. However, she surprised me when both of them came out one day and said they were getting married and were hoping to get my permission.”

Oh, finding love through video games. That’s cute.

“It was quite surprising for two reasons. One, it came out of nowhere, and two, her friend was female. I am not against such marriages, as I believe as long as there is love, then it should be allowed to prosper. There was one problem.”

“And what is that?”

“I would like the permission of the other girl’s parent for their marriage, which is where you come in.”

“You want me to track them down?”

“No. You see, the other girl, as it turns out, is your avatar, the Ninja.”

“....... Wait a minute, you mean you want my permission?”

“Well, she is, in a way, your daughter. You have taken custody of May here, so I believe adding another daughter, plus a daughter-in-law, won’t be too much to ask.”

Wait, wait, that’s where the Ninja went? It’s now getting married?

“It should be noted that we will be having a meeting with the two in a day so that they can ask for your blessing. They will both be coming here alongside me. Please prepare yourself, and also take the rest of this day to come up with a decision. I implore you to think, although please grant them your blessing. It would be nice if this union would let my daughter break out of her shut-in ways.”

So yeah, the Sandman stuff has ended. Don't worry if you liked him or Nightmare, they'll appear now and then, but now, it's Izanagi time. I won't lie, but with the whole song chapter name thing I have going, I feel like I'll just end up making Persona songs the titles for Izanagi's arc.

As for why the chapter didn't come out earlier, well, I thought a bit too far and ended planning the next arc, but not this one. Whoopsie. Well, at least I know what I'm doing after Izanagi's stuff is done.

Side note: I feel like that Action genre I put on is a lie, and for those who feel the same way, don't worry. The next arc will be action-packed, with guns blazing, god slaying and other stuff. Well, probably.

4